Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? 19:19 - Nov 13 with 6549 viewsYouTubeDale

Kick-off tonight at 7-45. You can watch for free on Sky Sports main event channel.

Sure to be a good night, with them losing the first leg in Sweden.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2017 21:52]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Italiy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 19:35 - Nov 13 with 5496 viewsdingdangblue

Will be the first time they've ever missed a World Cup since 1958! (Ironically in Sweden)!
Can't see it though - they always seem to find a way don't they?
Will probably get a 1-0 and win on pens!
[Post edited 13 Nov 2017 19:39]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Italiy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 19:58 - Nov 13 with 5459 viewsColDale

Great game so far. Two yellows in first eight minutes. There’s a bit of an edge to the game to say the least.
Italiy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 20:23 - Nov 13 with 5413 viewsShun

Italy haven't lost a competitive game at home since 1999.

Frello Filho, their number 7, is a great name.

Just looking at their squad, actually, Bonnuci, Chiellini, and Barzagli are great defenders, and Buffon is obviously a quality keeper, but their first choice striker is Immobile? Aside from his hilariously ironic name, every time I've seen him he's been so poor (although his record for Lazio is good). And their backup attacking options aren't great either. I'm not surprised they find themselves in the situation they're in.
Italiy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 20:37 - Nov 13 with 5386 viewsBlueDales

Surely not? Would genuinely be a real shame...their national anthem is as good to watch as most team's football!
Italiy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 21:05 - Nov 13 with 5324 viewsbocadave

Italiy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 20:37 - Nov 13 by BlueDales

Surely not? Would genuinely be a real shame...their national anthem is as good to watch as most team's football!

Agree, Best national anthem in the world.
Italiy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 21:43 - Nov 13 with 5260 viewsShun

Italy are gone!
Italiy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 21:45 - Nov 13 with 5246 viewsscarrow

Arriverderci

Poll: Final position

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 22:00 - Nov 13 with 5186 viewsdingdangblue

Well and truly dumped!
They look pasta their best! 😂

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 22:03 - Nov 13 with 5178 viewsSheffdale

Should have had a penne though!
Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 22:10 - Nov 13 with 5151 viewsD_Alien

Can think of a few ex-England lads who'd have loved to take part in a finals without the threat of Italy

Macca, Rooney...

[Post edited 13 Nov 2017 22:12]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 23:59 - Nov 13 with 5010 viewsShun

And Buffon retires from international duty. Probably the best keeper I've known in my lifetime.
Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 09:35 - Nov 14 with 4815 viewsDaleiLama

Couldn't manage a tear. A miss who smacks of sweetness?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 10:21 - Nov 14 with 4765 viewsChaffRAFC

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 23:59 - Nov 13 by Shun

And Buffon retires from international duty. Probably the best keeper I've known in my lifetime.

You were alive while Schmeichel, De Gea and Tom Heaton were playing weren't you?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 11:02 - Nov 14 with 4716 viewssoulboy

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 10:21 - Nov 14 by ChaffRAFC

You were alive while Schmeichel, De Gea and Tom Heaton were playing weren't you?

Presumably you werent alive when the greatest ever keeper, Gordon Banks, was alive?
Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 11:07 - Nov 14 with 4708 viewsD_Alien

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 11:02 - Nov 14 by soulboy

Presumably you werent alive when the greatest ever keeper, Gordon Banks, was alive?

Banks was a great keeper, but he wasn't even the best keeper at the World Cup in '66

That was Lev Yashin

Schmeichel the best in the modern era
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 11:08]

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 11:12 - Nov 14 with 4689 viewssoulboy

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 11:07 - Nov 14 by D_Alien

Banks was a great keeper, but he wasn't even the best keeper at the World Cup in '66

That was Lev Yashin

Schmeichel the best in the modern era
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 11:08]

I meant throughout his entire career, not just one tournament. It also depends on what you consider the modern era, Shilton, in my opinon has been the best since Banks.
Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 11:32 - Nov 14 with 4668 viewsdingdangblue

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 11:02 - Nov 14 by soulboy

He's still alive isn't he ? 😮

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 11:35 - Nov 14 with 4661 viewsD_Alien

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 11:12 - Nov 14 by soulboy

I meant throughout his entire career, not just one tournament. It also depends on what you consider the modern era, Shilton, in my opinon has been the best since Banks.

Yashin had been voted the world's best keeper prior to the tournament, by a panel with oversight of the international scene

Banks was largely unknown prior to '66, and by Mexico 70 his reputation was enhanced on the back of 'that' save from Pele's header, but you'll see similar saves most weekends on MOTD

Bank's career was then unfortunately hindered by visual impairment after a car crash so didn't really sustain his best over an extended period. On his day though, he was virtually unbeatable

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 13:37 - Nov 14 with 4573 viewsdingdangblue

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 11:35 - Nov 14 by D_Alien

Yashin had been voted the world's best keeper prior to the tournament, by a panel with oversight of the international scene

Banks was largely unknown prior to '66, and by Mexico 70 his reputation was enhanced on the back of 'that' save from Pele's header, but you'll see similar saves most weekends on MOTD

Bank's career was then unfortunately hindered by visual impairment after a car crash so didn't really sustain his best over an extended period. On his day though, he was virtually unbeatable

Banks save was different for the way he managed to get down and flick the ball up and over the bar from an almost impossible angle . I agree you see similar saves but it was where the ball ended up that's different with that one. The only other I've seen that comes close is this one from (in my opinion the best keeper I've ever seen) Peter Schmeichel.

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 14:02 - Nov 14 with 4550 viewsD_Alien

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 13:37 - Nov 14 by dingdangblue

Banks save was different for the way he managed to get down and flick the ball up and over the bar from an almost impossible angle . I agree you see similar saves but it was where the ball ended up that's different with that one. The only other I've seen that comes close is this one from (in my opinion the best keeper I've ever seen) Peter Schmeichel.

It was a great save by Banks, no doubt about it, and fully appreciate how it was made

I've just always thought it's been overhyped due to the context of the game and opposition (omg that was a save from Peleeeeeee.... etc)

At the time, commentators used to go on about Banks 'having to fly from one side of his goal to the other' - but if you look at it, he was already well-positioned and didn't have to make a huge lunge to get to it. The natural momentum of the ball already being on the rise then allowed Banks to push it further upwards and over the bar. What was exceptional was his anticipation of where the bounce would carry to, the rest was pure instinct

Still maintain there are similar saves made regularly, the frequency of which (due to comprehensive tv coverage) no longer attracts the same attention as back in 1970

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 14:36 - Nov 14 with 4507 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 14:44 - Nov 14 with 4500 viewsShun

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 10:21 - Nov 14 by ChaffRAFC

Yes! I meant more in my football-watching life, sorry, so I missed out on Schmeichel. And I'd put Buffon and De Gea on a similar level, but the Italian wins it due to all he's achieved.
Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 17:28 - Nov 14 with 4411 viewsEllDale

I always rated Shilton. Clough reckoned he was worth at 15 points a season to Forest.
Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 16:48 - Nov 16 with 4149 viewsNigeriamark

Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 11:35 - Nov 14 by D_Alien

When I was a kid I wanted to be a keeper & he was my favorite player. When he had his accident I sent a get well card, but only wrote To Gordon banks on the envelope and put a stamp on it.

Got a reply with his signature on it about 3 weeks later, couldn't believe it
Italy to be dumped out of World Cup?????? on 18:07 - Nov 16 with 4107 viewsTVOS1907

ITALIA90 will be along soon, pleading to know what any of this has to do with Rochdale AFC...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024