Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simple question - do you think RAFC should pay to re-lay the pitch? 18:40 - Feb 9 with 1989 viewsDaleiLama

Simple question - do you think RAFC should we pay to re-lay the pitch?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 19:16]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Simple question - do you think RAFC should we pay to re-lay the pitch? on 18:47 - Feb 9 with 1971 viewsDorislove

Only if KH feels we need it to stay up.
Simple question - do you think RAFC should we pay to re-lay the pitch? on 19:01 - Feb 9 with 1911 viewsD_Alien

Not enough options to vote

Having a temporary relay - with financial help if possible, but doing it anyway if not - doesn't preclude the full and proper job in summer; in fact, both are required

I also agree with DorisLove - if KH thinks it's required

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Simple question - do you think RAFC should we pay to re-lay the pitch? on 19:08 - Feb 9 with 1886 viewsDaleiLama

Simple question - do you think RAFC should we pay to re-lay the pitch? on 19:01 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

Not enough options to vote

Having a temporary relay - with financial help if possible, but doing it anyway if not - doesn't preclude the full and proper job in summer; in fact, both are required

I also agree with DorisLove - if KH thinks it's required

Don't seem to have an option to create other options? Suggestions?

Edit: bollox - give up - when I try to edit post it just gives the name of the poll and not options to change/add questions so it is what it is.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 19:17]

Simple question - do you think RAFC should we pay to re-lay the pitch? on 19:24 - Feb 9 with 1838 viewsDorsetDale

Simple question - do you think RAFC should we pay to re-lay the pitch? on 19:08 - Feb 9 by DaleiLama

Don't seem to have an option to create other options? Suggestions?

Edit: bollox - give up - when I try to edit post it just gives the name of the poll and not options to change/add questions so it is what it is.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 19:17]

Can it be deleted and set up again?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Simple question - do you think RAFC should we pay to re-lay the pitch? on 19:30 - Feb 9 with 1819 viewsBartRowou

Simple question - do you think RAFC should we pay to re-lay the pitch? on 19:24 - Feb 9 by DorsetDale

Can it be deleted and set up again?

Just leave it.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Simple question - do you think RAFC should we pay to re-lay the pitch? on 20:16 - Feb 9 with 1714 viewsDaleiLama

Simple question - do you think RAFC should we pay to re-lay the pitch? on 19:30 - Feb 9 by BartRowou

Just leave it.

Yes - will leave as is. It was really just intended as a straw poll to see which side of the fence forum members sat, as opinion appeared to be divided somewhat. Clearly the club won't take a blind bit of notice of it and it really has little meaning, just of academic interest.

I didn't add a "double do-over" (once now and once in the summer) because my gut said it was cost prohibitive. I sensed that cash was tight from some comments coming out of the club and NBLG stated on The Pitch thread (the big one as there are a few) that:

"the ‘new fibresand pitch’ the Club say will be put in this summer, if done correctly, will cost around £500k-a ‘new pitch’ is when between 12-18 inches is completely removed and the pitch rebuilt with new drainage and irrigation, a full gravel carpet base, lower level of around 2,500 tonnes of sand to a depth of 8 inches or so topped off with a four inch upper level of fibresand incorporated into a predominantly sand based soil layer. Anything less than this is not a new pitch, and in likelihood won’t happen otherwise why wasn’t it done last summer. "

I have no idea if this is true, nor what credentials NBLG has as he seems somewhat reluctant to divulge where his knowledge comes from, but if he's even in the right ball park, I was struggling to imagine the club stumping up £100k for a quick fix and £500k for a long-term fix, so didn't list that as an option. Even with this nice Cup windfall it still seems a bridge too far in my eyes? If we get help with the £100k, it's less of a stretch, but I remain sceptical on the subject of the white knight or it would have been announced by now surely?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 20:45]

Simple question - do you think RAFC should pay to re-lay the pitch? on 21:16 - Feb 9 with 1590 viewspioneer

I dont want to have others, whether spurs, FA or anyone else contributing to cost of relaying the pitch. It would further add to the image of the club abd town being able to support itself. Anything that makes us look like the economic basket case of the football league, needing footy welfare to put on a big game is not a good idea

Leave the pitch as it is, i expect poch would not want to risk his stars for 90 mins, probably leaving Kane and Ali on the bench, particularly given their european exploits during the week. Increases our chances of a good result.
Simple question - do you think RAFC should pay to re-lay the pitch? on 22:05 - Feb 9 with 1518 viewsCleedale

Surely it would be good PR for Sky/League/FA etc. etc. to have a pot whereby clubs below Championship level were able to receive a percentage of 'extra' financial help where unforeseen circumstances attribute detrimentally to a clubs ability to meet certain standards - eg the pitch @ Spotland.

Obviously there are huge differences between types of weather, say between clubs in the north west and those in the south east and the fact that some clubs may have extra commitments - ie rugby.

The quoted £500K for the full monty is a massive hammer-blow to a club of Dale's size - to think that would be 50% of the full financial funding received from Sky/League in League 2 and about a third in League 1 - surely they should be aware of these geographical misfortunes and be able to help out where required.
Login to get fewer ads

Simple question - do you think RAFC should pay to re-lay the pitch? on 05:39 - Feb 10 with 1337 viewsinthenet

What about the company that did the job last time ? Have they any responsibilities

Rastrickblue

Simple question - do you think RAFC should pay to re-lay the pitch? on 08:49 - Feb 10 with 1217 viewsdingdangblue

Simple question - do you think RAFC should pay to re-lay the pitch? on 05:39 - Feb 10 by inthenet

What about the company that did the job last time ? Have they any responsibilities

Premier pitches - someone said all their gear is parked up in the corner of the stadium yesterday.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024