Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobre and that GOAL.... 14:14 - Mar 8 with 14004 viewsCleedale

Just wondered how this goal rates amongst all time classics at Dale. Seem to think Paddy McCourt did some incredible stuff, "sometimes", but for me this has got to be up there with Henderson's touches of brilliance and some others? Debate....

PS. Hope Dobre manages to climb down from the clouds, or is pulled, as ANY player to score a goal like that mightn't realise that it's possibly a once-in- a-lifetime. Of course bring it on again if that's just a taster - it could be that extra bit of magic to raise the confidence in the whole squad that notch higher for L1 survival.
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 22:25 - Mar 8 with 3007 viewsDannyG_RAFC

I remember Alan Goodall curling one top bins at the Pearl Street end.
Jones vs Southampton
Camps vs Oldham
Allen at Wycombe
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 23:11 - Mar 8 with 2934 viewsCreepy

Henderson away v Cheltenham. Sublime chip which appeared to to played out in slow motion !!
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 23:21 - Mar 8 with 2916 viewsrochdale_ranger

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:55 - Mar 8 by ColDale

Holt v Macc
Holt v Oxford

This post has been edited by an administrator

Holts in our five one demolition of Oxford.
Any of Lamberts free kicks.
Higingbotham from the halfway line at Accrington.
The best I've ever seen is Scotty Warners wonderstrike in our 4-1 win over Torquay. Was a Scorching Saturday and we had an early kick off due to England playing later in the day. Particularly sticks out as I got stoned for the first time after the game. To be fifteen again. Anyone know what Warner is upto these days. I heard he's an electrician now.
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 23:50 - Mar 8 with 2890 viewsJumeirahDale

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 23:21 - Mar 8 by rochdale_ranger

Holts in our five one demolition of Oxford.
Any of Lamberts free kicks.
Higingbotham from the halfway line at Accrington.
The best I've ever seen is Scotty Warners wonderstrike in our 4-1 win over Torquay. Was a Scorching Saturday and we had an early kick off due to England playing later in the day. Particularly sticks out as I got stoned for the first time after the game. To be fifteen again. Anyone know what Warner is upto these days. I heard he's an electrician now.

Coincidentally I was just about to post about that Warner goal. Absolute pearler. Can't find it on the youtube.

Other than that, Hendo vs. Leeds any day of the week. Exquisite.
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 07:47 - Mar 9 with 2759 viewsEllDale

Dobre's goal was different to many described on here which are thunderbolts because it was a sublime individual effort.
My favourite for individual skill was Paddy's in the comeback at Halifax in March 2002 which finished with him just passing it into the net.
That Holt goal against Macc with the pullback was awesome.
Some of my favourites were Gary Jones's goals:
The one at Southampton
One at Halifax which won the game in August 2000
One against either Southend or Swansea at the start of the 2004/05 season.
Gilks kicked it long, Tait flicked it on, Holty laid it off and Jonah smashed it into the top corner from 25 yards out.
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 08:38 - Mar 9 with 2716 viewsNigeriamark

Jimmy Seal who was one of our most hopeless money signings ever,somehow scored an absolute rocket . remember the goal but forgotten who it was against.
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 08:39 - Mar 9 with 2713 viewsdingdangblue

A couple not mentioned yet.

Donaldo:

Kitching:

Paddy at Halifax has been mentioned. Maybe we were all caught in the moment of 'last minute winner' and it was very important going for promotion - but looking back at it now - Hogan and Mendez Laing have scored far better between them. Hogans 1st for us v Hartlepool was sensational in my eyes - the 1st time I'd seen him play and it was like 'WOW'! - how the hell has this guy ended up here on a free transfer?

Some Mendez Laing brilliance on here:

[Post edited 9 Mar 2018 9:14]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 12:40 - Mar 9 with 2538 viewsupthedale

While not quite for the same "brilliance" as most of the above goals, I liked the follow up to Hendo's penalty miss at Bradford. The quick reactions of both Hendo and Vincenti were great.
Login to get fewer ads

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 13:33 - Mar 9 with 2475 viewsCleedale

...maybe not read all the posts but great memories there.

What about Paul Connor. Until that first big injury he had with us remember some belters.

Anyone got links?
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 13:34 - Mar 9 with 2474 viewsShun

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 08:39 - Mar 9 by dingdangblue

Donaldo:

Kitching:

Paddy at Halifax has been mentioned. Maybe we were all caught in the moment of 'last minute winner' and it was very important going for promotion - but looking back at it now - Hogan and Mendez Laing have scored far better between them. Hogans 1st for us v Hartlepool was sensational in my eyes - the 1st time I'd seen him play and it was like 'WOW'! - how the hell has this guy ended up here on a free transfer?

I agree, that Hogan goal was quality.

Where was the ground in the last clip in the NML video?
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 13:36 - Mar 9 with 2471 viewsTVOS1907

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 13:34 - Mar 9 by Shun

I agree, that Hogan goal was quality.

Where was the ground in the last clip in the NML video?

Think it's Curzon Ashton.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 13:38 - Mar 9 with 2467 viewsShun

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 13:36 - Mar 9 by TVOS1907

Think it's Curzon Ashton.

Thank you. It looks like there's a farm or something behind it. Cute.
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 16:43 - Mar 9 with 2352 viewsYadHoDale

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 08:38 - Mar 9 by Nigeriamark

Jimmy Seal who was one of our most hopeless money signings ever,somehow scored an absolute rocket . remember the goal but forgotten who it was against.

I think it was Tranmere, when they were half-decent. Or possibly Bournemouth when they were crap! :-)
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 19:15 - Mar 9 with 2215 viewsDaleiLama

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 08:39 - Mar 9 by dingdangblue

Donaldo:

Kitching:

Thanks for that ddb. After a season where we've struggled mightily at times, it's good to be reminded of better days and what fine football we are capable of.

I remember it being said about Georgie Best that the greats have the best body control. Not saying any of ours are greats but that clip of Hogan was wonderful to watch. I do miss Mendez too. At least we still have Hendo to appreciate. And Jim is so much better going forward than fannying around at the back. Hilly and Beechy need to brainwash him.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:04 - Mar 9 with 2160 views1mark1

Steve O’Shaunasey away at Gigg Lane, a brilliant long range blast.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:07 - Mar 9 with 2117 viewsBlueDales

Did anyone mention Rundle's goal at Wembley?
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:22 - Mar 9 with 2103 viewsTVOS1907

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:04 - Mar 9 by 1mark1

Steve O’Shaunasey away at Gigg Lane, a brilliant long range blast.

Which goal? We never played bury when O’Shaughnessy was with us.

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:34 - Mar 9 with 2089 views1mark1

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:22 - Mar 9 by TVOS1907

Which goal? We never played bury when O’Shaughnessy was with us.

Sorry, no meant Bobby Scaife. It was a rare piece of magic.

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:35 - Mar 9 with 2085 views1mark1

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:34 - Mar 9 by 1mark1

Of course O’Shaughnesy scored quite a few excellent goals for us, a thunderbolt shot.

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:51 - Mar 9 with 2063 views1mark1

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:34 - Mar 9 by 1mark1

Think it was FA cup replay, 1980.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2018 21:52]

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 22:38 - Mar 9 with 2011 viewscumbria_dale

Paddy's goal against Hull similarly doesnt look that impressive, but the run and shot he did later which Townson knocked in the rebound was sublime. -
the whole video is a good watch, but the paddt magic (and a Simmo rocket) starts about 1:30

Heady memories of that evening - Hull came to town with their big away following and strong squad but we were the ones trying to secure our playoff spot. A tight first half, going in 2-1 behind. Townson and Paddy on at half time, the whole game switched. I remember every time Paddy got the ball that night, their defence was petrified - he danced through them like they weren't there. A real backs-to-the-wall defensive performance for the last 10 minutes including a ridiculous double save from Taff. Pretty sure that win sealed our playoff spot - the pitch invasion at the end of that vid would suggest so.

Teams that night: https://www.11v11.com/matches/rochdale-v-hull-city-09-april-2002-12109/
[Post edited 9 Mar 2018 22:39]
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 23:48 - Mar 9 with 1931 views1mark1

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 22:38 - Mar 9 by cumbria_dale

Paddy's goal against Hull similarly doesnt look that impressive, but the run and shot he did later which Townson knocked in the rebound was sublime. -
the whole video is a good watch, but the paddt magic (and a Simmo rocket) starts about 1:30

Heady memories of that evening - Hull came to town with their big away following and strong squad but we were the ones trying to secure our playoff spot. A tight first half, going in 2-1 behind. Townson and Paddy on at half time, the whole game switched. I remember every time Paddy got the ball that night, their defence was petrified - he danced through them like they weren't there. A real backs-to-the-wall defensive performance for the last 10 minutes including a ridiculous double save from Taff. Pretty sure that win sealed our playoff spot - the pitch invasion at the end of that vid would suggest so.

Teams that night: https://www.11v11.com/matches/rochdale-v-hull-city-09-april-2002-12109/
[Post edited 9 Mar 2018 22:39]

Classic Paddy, in my opinion the most exciting player I have ever seen playing for the Dale. That was a great game.

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 00:16 - Mar 10 with 1908 viewsalbert_park

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:37 - Mar 8 by Shun

Never mind Vincenti's goal, Lillis' penalty save is sensational!
[Post edited 8 Mar 2018 23:10]

We all know that you are a mine of information TVOS, but why do you keep correcting people's posts. Don't say you are being helpful because you are simply putting people down. Let's see some of your own posts instead.
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 08:05 - Mar 10 with 1776 viewsSwissdale

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 00:16 - Mar 10 by albert_park

We all know that you are a mine of information TVOS, but why do you keep correcting people's posts. Don't say you are being helpful because you are simply putting people down. Let's see some of your own posts instead.

Because it’s nice to know the facts. TVOS is one of the best contributors on here.
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 08:28 - Mar 10 with 1759 viewsTVOS1907

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 00:16 - Mar 10 by albert_park

Sorry you feel that way albert, but it is genuinely being helpful and trying to make sure facts are as right as they can be, as shown by people being thankful or re-assessing their original posts.

I’m not one for lengthy posts about matches, players, tactics or formations and there are plenty of other posters who give opinions on those sorts of things and who have a lot more insight and knowledge than I do.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2018 9:01]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024