Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will we win on Tuesday 14:06 - Mar 19 with 5678 viewsrochdaleriddler

Karl Robinson in today's Times said it was very difficult to break Fleetwood down as they put 11 players behind the ball. We need to be thinking how we are to do that.
Also the Times highlighted our record of 14 goals at home. The worst in league one.
Also good feature on how plymouth have gone from bottom to 6th in 100 days

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Will we win on Tuesday on 12:23 - Mar 20 with 1806 viewsaleanddale

Will we win on Tuesday on 08:02 - Mar 20 by rochdaleriddler

It is absolutely imperative we win tonight against a team just above us in the last place of safety, why will it be ok to draw tonight and win sat? That means if Fleetwood win Saturday, we won't have gained on them. I'm sick of drawing games we should be winning, early goal tonight and I reckon we win by three

of course a win would be tremendous.... That's what I want and what I hope for.

I am just stating that a draw tonight does not signal relegation especially if we get an unexpected 3 points on Saturday.

I would snatch a hand off now if offered 4 points next two games however they come.

There is a LOT of football still to be played.

4 points between now and 5pm Saturday I would wager takes us within 3 points of 20th still with games in hand.

To state we HAVE to win tonight is folly.
Will we win on Tuesday on 12:38 - Mar 20 with 1777 viewsTVOS1907

Will we win on Tuesday on 12:23 - Mar 20 by aleanddale

I am just stating that a draw tonight does not signal relegation especially if we get an unexpected 3 points on Saturday.

I would snatch a hand off now if offered 4 points next two games however they come.

4 points between now and 5pm Saturday I would wager takes us within 3 points of 20th still with games in hand.

It’s not really folly as every time we fail to win a game it puts more pressure on the next one.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Will we win on Tuesday on 13:16 - Mar 20 with 1709 viewsaleanddale

Will we win on Tuesday on 12:38 - Mar 20 by TVOS1907

It’s not really folly as every time we fail to win a game it puts more pressure on the next one.

I want to win

you want to win

we all want to win.

if we don't the season is not over!

Yes it puts more pressure on obviously but I suspect some highs and lows to come in the next few weeks and some unexpected wins and some unexpected losses.

all told we will probably have to win more than we lose so lets hope that starts tonight.

Up the Dale

Will we win on Tuesday on 13:36 - Mar 20 with 1682 viewsfitzochris

Will we win on Tuesday on 13:16 - Mar 20 by aleanddale

I want to win

you want to win

we all want to win.

if we don't the season is not over!

Yes it puts more pressure on obviously but I suspect some highs and lows to come in the next few weeks and some unexpected wins and some unexpected losses.

all told we will probably have to win more than we lose so lets hope that starts tonight.

Up the Dale

You have to look at this in the terms that it is an absolutely key home game against an immediate relegation rival.

It is also a game in hand. Winning not only advantages us, but it disadvantages them and puts us closer to our other rivals in a fashion they can do nothing about because it is a GAME IN HAND!

I would say tonight is "must win" for that reason and a better result than an unexpected win elsewhere.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Will we win on Tuesday on 14:19 - Mar 20 with 1608 viewsdingdangblue

Will we win on Tuesday on 13:36 - Mar 20 by fitzochris

You have to look at this in the terms that it is an absolutely key home game against an immediate relegation rival.

It is also a game in hand. Winning not only advantages us, but it disadvantages them and puts us closer to our other rivals in a fashion they can do nothing about because it is a GAME IN HAND!

I would say tonight is "must win" for that reason and a better result than an unexpected win elsewhere.

You can add to that:

6 home league games without a win
Not won at home in league since Nov 25th v Peterborough.

If we don't end that tonight after 3 home games in a week against a team we CAN beat and HAVE beat at home in recent times then it really is a massive opportunity lost.

It's all in our own hands STILL. If we keep drawing it won't be very soon.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Will we win on Tuesday on 14:40 - Mar 20 with 1567 viewsDaleiLama

Will we win on Tuesday on 14:19 - Mar 20 by dingdangblue

You can add to that:

6 home league games without a win
Not won at home in league since Nov 25th v Peterborough.

If we don't end that tonight after 3 home games in a week against a team we CAN beat and HAVE beat at home in recent times then it really is a massive opportunity lost.

It's all in our own hands STILL. If we keep drawing it won't be very soon.

Yes, we need to do it tonight. We are playing well enough to win, the squad is putting in the effort and we collectively haven't given up yet.

If we keep failing to win after playing better than our opponent, however, it is bound to progressively affect the players psyche. The growing feeling of being snake-bitten won't do team confidence any good and the inevitable outcome will become self-fulfilling.

The "must-win" games start when mathematical impossibility rears its ugly head. Tonight, though, is a statement game against a relegation rival who we need to beat to both give us a leg up and to set their hopes back. Three points makes the statement that we have what it takes to stay up. One point or less suggests exactly the opposite.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2018 14:41]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Will we win on Tuesday on 14:56 - Mar 20 with 1541 viewsD_Alien

Will we win on Tuesday on 14:40 - Mar 20 by DaleiLama

Yes, we need to do it tonight. We are playing well enough to win, the squad is putting in the effort and we collectively haven't given up yet.

If we keep failing to win after playing better than our opponent, however, it is bound to progressively affect the players psyche. The growing feeling of being snake-bitten won't do team confidence any good and the inevitable outcome will become self-fulfilling.

The "must-win" games start when mathematical impossibility rears its ugly head. Tonight, though, is a statement game against a relegation rival who we need to beat to both give us a leg up and to set their hopes back. Three points makes the statement that we have what it takes to stay up. One point or less suggests exactly the opposite.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2018 14:41]

Precisely, and i think that's what a&d is getting at when he says it's not a "must-win", in the sense that we really shouldn't be going on a downer if we don't, whilst appreciating the massive boost it'll give us if we do

Still hoping to make the game tonight, but it depends on whether i can get away from a "must-attend" event early enough!

[Post edited 20 Mar 2018 14:57]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Will we win on Tuesday on 15:22 - Mar 20 with 1501 viewsaleanddale

Will we win on Tuesday on 14:56 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

Precisely, and i think that's what a&d is getting at when he says it's not a "must-win", in the sense that we really shouldn't be going on a downer if we don't, whilst appreciating the massive boost it'll give us if we do

Still hoping to make the game tonight, but it depends on whether i can get away from a "must-attend" event early enough!

Exactly that - Thank you D_Alien.

in the sense that we really shouldn't be going on a downer if we don't, whilst appreciating the massive boost it'll give us if we do

I repeatedly said I want us to win and will be cock a hoop if we do...

Whilst the squad is together ( mind and body ) we have a great chance.

4 points between now and 5pm Saturday and we are on track.

That could be 1 point tonight and 3 on Saturday but I appreciate that a home boost is also required looking at the run in so would prefer 3&1 rather than 1&3.

either way - Up the Dale!
Login to get fewer ads

Will we win on Tuesday on 15:32 - Mar 20 with 1489 viewsDanny1907

Tonight is the decider for me, win and the escape is well and truly on, anything else and it's curtains. The pressure is on tonight, if we would have got the win on Saturday, which we should have, then the pressure on tonight's game would have been reduced slightly.

We're playing a team who are directly involved in the battle with us, so we must win but I have a feeling it's going to be a very frustrating night and us getting caught on the counter, which would seal our fate.

Don't start Inman, I think he's been ok but it's almost too predictable whereas someone like Dobre would provide that something we don't have - I full expect the same team though.
Will we win on Tuesday on 15:57 - Mar 20 with 1454 viewsaleanddale

Will we win on Tuesday on 15:32 - Mar 20 by Danny1907

Tonight is the decider for me, win and the escape is well and truly on, anything else and it's curtains. The pressure is on tonight, if we would have got the win on Saturday, which we should have, then the pressure on tonight's game would have been reduced slightly.

We're playing a team who are directly involved in the battle with us, so we must win but I have a feeling it's going to be a very frustrating night and us getting caught on the counter, which would seal our fate.

Don't start Inman, I think he's been ok but it's almost too predictable whereas someone like Dobre would provide that something we don't have - I full expect the same team though.

we will never second guess Hilly.

Expect a surprise in team selection and formation! it would not be the first or last time he pulls a rabbit!.

Looking forward to the game now. Bring it on.
Will we win on Tuesday on 16:10 - Mar 20 with 1421 viewsrochdaleriddler

Will we win on Tuesday on 12:23 - Mar 20 by aleanddale

To state a draw with a team 5 points ahead will leave us four points behind is a folly! Another draw signals the end for me I'm afraid, we have tough games ahead, oldham and Wigan , to say nothing of Scunthorpe, where we always seem to lose. You're right though we all want a win. Up the dale

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Will we win on Tuesday on 16:11 - Mar 20 with 1419 viewsDaleiLama

Will we win on Tuesday on 14:56 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

You're looking a bit peaky there DA? I would mention that when you arrive at the must-attend function. The when you have to offer your apologies, no eyebrows will be raised? Good luck getting away.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Will we win on Tuesday on 17:43 - Mar 20 with 1314 viewsMoonyDale

This is a must win game, not least because I've had a little tickle at 40/1 on a 4-0 Dale win.......Come on lads....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Will we win on Tuesday on 17:48 - Mar 20 with 1299 viewsaleanddale

Will we win on Tuesday on 16:10 - Mar 20 by rochdaleriddler

To state a draw with a team 5 points ahead will leave us four points behind is a folly! Another draw signals the end for me I'm afraid, we have tough games ahead, oldham and Wigan , to say nothing of Scunthorpe, where we always seem to lose. You're right though we all want a win. Up the dale

ha - just seen that - you are right on that one point!

everything else I stand by.... Up the Dale..... Come on fellas massive game tonight lets get the lads over the line!!!

E I E I E I O...

Up the Dale
Will we win on Tuesday on 17:59 - Mar 20 with 1273 viewsrochdaleriddler

Will we win on Tuesday on 17:43 - Mar 20 by MoonyDale

This is a must win game, not least because I've had a little tickle at 40/1 on a 4-0 Dale win.......Come on lads....

If you have put more than 50p on that you're mad

Will we win on Tuesday on 18:15 - Mar 20 with 1239 viewsMoonyDale

Will we win on Tuesday on 17:59 - Mar 20 by rochdaleriddler

If you have put more than 50p on that you're mad

I have never said I was sane

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Will we win on Tuesday on 18:28 - Mar 20 with 1197 viewsrochdaleriddler

Will we win on Tuesday on 18:15 - Mar 20 by MoonyDale

I have never said I was sane

I have backed us crew and Shrewsbury to win at 10-1

Will we win on Tuesday on 21:51 - Mar 20 with 990 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Will we win on Tuesday on 18:28 - Mar 20 by rochdaleriddler

I have backed us crew and Shrewsbury to win at 10-1

Oh dear..

In answer to the op.......No,another good dicking, thank you
Will we win on Tuesday on 22:01 - Mar 20 with 955 viewsJimmyRustler

Will we fock
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024