Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? 10:49 - Mar 22 with 16160 viewsmexmike

As per the title, what happend to team Rochdale, ive never felt more detached from the club as I do right now, in 25 years of following the dale.

Its hard to put my finger on what it is, maybe due to work I cant get to every game now but there still seems to be a growing gap between the already tiny fan base and the club itself.

I see the things they are doing, like this £65 gala dinner (cancelled after fan outrage) Wembley coaches more expensive than all the other coach companies (reduced after 're-negotiating' to name just a few.
I watch Hills post match interviews and after terrible defeats and performances he almost seems to be grinning about it.

Like I say, maybe its just me but I do personally think the club and the fans are growing further apart, something a club like ours cant afford to do!
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 09:25 - Mar 23 with 3374 viewsdingdangblue

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:21 - Mar 22 by 442Dale

That's what I'm saying: he isn't a miracle worker and he's definitely made better additions in the last window, but his previous choices have cost us and to admit as much would actually help fans appreciate his position more.

Even after the squad had been assembled, he should have utilised it much better than he did for half a season. That criticism is justified and valid, I'd expect him to admit as much.

I think most realistic fans appreciate Hill's position regarding recruitment. It must be one of his most difficult jobs trying to keep hold of good players whilst also trying to attract other good players on a shoestring budget (yes we have money in the bank but one look at bury's spending down the road would show you how quickly that money would disappear if we started paying wages beyond our means). That's why Hill is the best person for the job - he gets what we do and why we do it and he's the man mostly responsible for where we are today and have been these past 6 years. Regardless of our current league position I believe he's the best person for the job - by a million miles. Whatever league we are in.
What's the saying? Form is temporary,class is permanent.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 9:41]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 09:55 - Mar 23 with 3322 viewsrochdale_ranger

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 08:06 - Mar 23 by judd

Like me.

We had beans with sausages on our toast last night.

Beat that, Ranger.

I’m more of a spaghetti with sausages kind of guy to be honest. I prefer Morrison’s own brand, the sauce is a lot richer then the Heinz brand. But if you are really struggling And need inspiration for crap tea’s you can’t go wrong with fray bentos pies in a tin or meatballs both available from BM bargains. And my vulgar and brash comments about how comfortable I am were to wind up a poster who compared me to the considerably richer then you guy. And it obviously wound up more then him so it had the desired effect.
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 10:14 - Mar 23 with 3279 viewsTVOS1907

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 09:55 - Mar 23 by rochdale_ranger

I’m more of a spaghetti with sausages kind of guy to be honest. I prefer Morrison’s own brand, the sauce is a lot richer then the Heinz brand. But if you are really struggling And need inspiration for crap tea’s you can’t go wrong with fray bentos pies in a tin or meatballs both available from BM bargains. And my vulgar and brash comments about how comfortable I am were to wind up a poster who compared me to the considerably richer then you guy. And it obviously wound up more then him so it had the desired effect.

Oh dear, how pathetic.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 11:04 - Mar 23 with 3210 viewsdingdangblue

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 11:30 - Mar 23 with 3162 viewsjudd

We just get what we are given at the food bank ,then at night we go and sit opposite the Town Hall and think how it could have bean, erm, been.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 11:45 - Mar 23 with 3132 viewsD_Alien

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 08:06 - Mar 23 by judd

Like me.

We had beans with sausages on our toast last night.

Beat that, Ranger.

Sausages? A bit bloody posh that, it's bangers & beans for me, and Branston's at that

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 11:47 - Mar 23 with 3121 viewsjudd

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 11:45 - Mar 23 by D_Alien

Sausages? A bit bloody posh that, it's bangers & beans for me, and Branston's at that

Guy?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 11:53 - Mar 23 with 3106 viewsD_Alien

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 11:47 - Mar 23 by judd

Guy?

Has

Login to get fewer ads

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 11:54 - Mar 23 with 3103 viewsScunnydale

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 11:47 - Mar 23 by judd

Guy?

What would you rather have: Guy Branston's Pickle or Ian Henderson's Relish?
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 12:19 - Mar 23 with 3056 viewsJimmyRustler

When KH came in, he did something that had never been done before at the club. He successfully convinced both the fanbase and the people up top that we didn't have to settle for just surviving every year in League 2 and that we had a right to dream of promotion. He delivered on his word, got us promoted and barring a few minor blips since then, we have been a pretty stable League 1 club.

The #TeamRochdale ethos was in part used to drive us up the League and help achieve that promotion with, as I've said previously. a kinda 'them vs us' mentality. Little Rochdale vs the rest of the division. More than just a football club - a footballing family featuring a number of like minded dreamers who stick with each other through thick and thin. We achieved the 'dream' and then with KH getting poached by Barnsley, the whole was systematically derailed with subsequent appointments and other goings on.

We're simply victims of our own success now - if you step back and look at the situation, I would imagine most sensible fans were thinking that when we got promoted to League 1 in both cases, there would be a half decent chance we would find ourselves back where we started in a few years.

Does anyone involved in the club want to go down? Of course not. Was int inevitable? Somewhat. Can we come back up with KH at the helm? Absolutely.
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 13:17 - Mar 23 with 2960 views442Dale

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 09:25 - Mar 23 by dingdangblue

I think most realistic fans appreciate Hill's position regarding recruitment. It must be one of his most difficult jobs trying to keep hold of good players whilst also trying to attract other good players on a shoestring budget (yes we have money in the bank but one look at bury's spending down the road would show you how quickly that money would disappear if we started paying wages beyond our means). That's why Hill is the best person for the job - he gets what we do and why we do it and he's the man mostly responsible for where we are today and have been these past 6 years. Regardless of our current league position I believe he's the best person for the job - by a million miles. Whatever league we are in.
What's the saying? Form is temporary,class is permanent.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 9:41]

Not disputing or focusing on his suitability for the job; the mistakes he’s made have meant we are in the position we are and if he was to say so, many wouldn’t get as frustrated. That’s the point and affects the #teamrochdale thing that this thread is about. To expect no criticism for errors is not making people feel inclusive, to not admit to those same errors also increases the feeling of disconnect.

Purely an opinion of course, but if you want a #teamrochdale, there has to be somewhat of a level playing field where possible. If we can see that half a season with Ian Henderson playing in midfield too often and Andy Cannon missing out so much has cost us, why can’t the manager say the same?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 13:37 - Mar 23 with 2921 viewsDaleFan7

He's happy enough to take the plaudits for our promotions and selling of players and rightly so. But if you're willing to take the praise you should be willing to take the criticism when it's deserved. Which at the moment, it is.
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 14:22 - Mar 23 with 2875 viewsdingdangblue

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 13:17 - Mar 23 by 442Dale

Not disputing or focusing on his suitability for the job; the mistakes he’s made have meant we are in the position we are and if he was to say so, many wouldn’t get as frustrated. That’s the point and affects the #teamrochdale thing that this thread is about. To expect no criticism for errors is not making people feel inclusive, to not admit to those same errors also increases the feeling of disconnect.

Purely an opinion of course, but if you want a #teamrochdale, there has to be somewhat of a level playing field where possible. If we can see that half a season with Ian Henderson playing in midfield too often and Andy Cannon missing out so much has cost us, why can’t the manager say the same?

I know you're not but others are questioning his suitability - which is quite frankly barmy. He's never going to talk about his mistakes in the press or after a game. It's pretty obvious to me that Cannon and McGahey were left out of the team for non football ability reasons - but Hill isn't going to say that while they are still here. Maybe a few questions to ask him next time there is a forum or even better if he does another 'afternoon with' at the cricket club - I've always found he's spoken more openly at that event - he's certainly more relaxed.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 18:23]

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 18:19 - Mar 23 with 2716 views442Dale

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 14:22 - Mar 23 by dingdangblue

I know you're not but others are questioning his suitability - which is quite frankly barmy. He's never going to talk about his mistakes in the press or after a game. It's pretty obvious to me that Cannon and McGahey were left out of the team for non football ability reasons - but Hill isn't going to say that while they are still here. Maybe a few questions to ask him next time there is a forum or even better if he does another 'afternoon with' at the cricket club - I've always found he's spoken more openly at that event - he's certainly more relaxed.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 18:23]

But some aren’t questioning his suitability, more that his comments, much like some of the things we have seen off the field this week, don’t help.

There’s so much to be gained by saying “I/we could have done much better”. Sort that, and you won’t see threads with this title crop up.

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:44 - Mar 23 with 2646 viewsrochdaleriddler

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 19:24 - Mar 22 by dingdangblue

Maybe start going watching City? There recruiting last summer was pretty good. Heaven forbid Hill can't uncover a Hogan/Dawson on a free every fooking year.

He has recruited sub league standard players. Why you supporting that, I believe it was Chris beech who pushed for hogan to come back, hill wasn't interested

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:50 - Mar 23 with 2631 viewsdingdangblue

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:44 - Mar 23 by rochdaleriddler

He has recruited sub league standard players. Why you supporting that, I believe it was Chris beech who pushed for hogan to come back, hill wasn't interested

Well that's bullshit for a start because Hill had Hogan at Barnsley for trials also. He'd been keeping tabs on him since he left Dale. Someone is giving you duff info. I suppose Hill didn't want Hendo either - it was Jack the kitman.

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 21:29 - Mar 23 with 2595 viewsMolly

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:44 - Mar 23 by rochdaleriddler

We have all seen what a stubborn single minded individual Hilly can be. If Hill wasn't interested in Hogan there is no way he would have arrived back at Spotland.
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 21:53 - Mar 23 with 2558 views442Dale

That “negative tactics” thing is mystifying too. Fleetwood played with a similar formation to us and broke well whenever they could. I wouldn’t mind, but where was the admittance of our own negative tactics on the road at places like Blackpool and Wimbledon where we created far less than Fleetwood did?

This is the point I was trying to make. We need to be talking about being ten times better than we were the other night, not making statements about the opposition that really don’t add up. Fleetwood were far from brilliant but, as far as away performances are concerned, we’d take four of them before May.

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 08:29 - Mar 24 with 2428 viewsrochdaleriddler

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:50 - Mar 23 by dingdangblue

Well that's bullshit for a start because Hill had Hogan at Barnsley for trials also. He'd been keeping tabs on him since he left Dale. Someone is giving you duff info. I suppose Hill didn't want Hendo either - it was Jack the kitman.

someone at the club told me that Beech was the main advocate of Hogan's return. If that is bullshit, prove me wrong. Otherwise it's just your opinion. Of course we are not going to uncover gems every season, but some solid signings would have steadied the ship

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 10:42 - Mar 24 with 2312 viewsrochdale_ranger

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 08:29 - Mar 24 by rochdaleriddler

someone at the club told me that Beech was the main advocate of Hogan's return. If that is bullshit, prove me wrong. Otherwise it's just your opinion. Of course we are not going to uncover gems every season, but some solid signings would have steadied the ship

Agreed. A John Doolan character with a bit of experience and age behind him to give the younger players a bit of confidence and advice would of been good. Much like the transformation the team went under when we brought Holt back for the last end of the season.
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 11:00 - Mar 24 with 2270 viewsD_Alien

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 10:42 - Mar 24 by rochdale_ranger

Agreed. A John Doolan character with a bit of experience and age behind him to give the younger players a bit of confidence and advice would of been good. Much like the transformation the team went under when we brought Holt back for the last end of the season.

Doolan carried even more timber than Davies, as did Holty

Don't recall either bring pilloried for it

All three bring character and experience

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 11:10 - Mar 24 with 2249 views442Dale

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 11:00 - Mar 24 by D_Alien

Doolan carried even more timber than Davies, as did Holty

Don't recall either bring pilloried for it

All three bring character and experience

Seem to recall Doolan receiving a lot of criticism for not being fit enough to come in for Perkins at Wembley (non-Gala version), meaning we had to play Ramsden in midfield for the first time ever.

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 11:17 - Mar 24 with 2231 viewsD_Alien

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 11:10 - Mar 24 by 442Dale

Seem to recall Doolan receiving a lot of criticism for not being fit enough to come in for Perkins at Wembley (non-Gala version), meaning we had to play Ramsden in midfield for the first time ever.

There was comment made on it at the time, certainly, but it fell well short of the troll-like accusations of unprofessionalism that we've seen with Davies recently

Prior to that, Doolan's weight, along with Flickers, was regarded quite humorously

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 13:02 - Mar 24 with 2141 viewsnordenblue

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 11:17 - Mar 24 by D_Alien

There was comment made on it at the time, certainly, but it fell well short of the troll-like accusations of unprofessionalism that we've seen with Davies recently

Prior to that, Doolan's weight, along with Flickers, was regarded quite humorously

Very true DA, however all 3 played much more regularly than Davies and none injured anywhere near as often. If he contributed more and put some hours in on the pitch hed get a softer ride im guessing,It's even more frustrating knowing how talented he actually is...
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 13:05]
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 13:07 - Mar 24 with 2133 viewsD_Alien

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 13:02 - Mar 24 by nordenblue

Very true DA, however all 3 played much more regularly than Davies and none injured anywhere near as often. If he contributed more and put some hours in on the pitch hed get a softer ride im guessing,It's even more frustrating knowing how talented he actually is...
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 13:05]

He'd get a softer ride on public transport

But my main point was highlighting the inconsistency of targeting certain players, who, through no fault of their own, don't make it onto the pitch as often as they'd like

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024