Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remaining games thread ***updated 25/4/18*** 20:14 - Mar 30 with 22099 views442Dale

Below are the remaining fixtures for the six sides around us. Three will be relegated with Bury. It allows us to see who everyone has to play and will be interesting to watch as the games count down over the next few weeks.

Oxford 53 points
Rochdale h
Blackburn a

Wimbledon 50 points
Wigan a
Doncaster a
Bury h

Walsall 48 points
Northampton h
Bradford a
Fleetwood a

Dale 48 points
Oxford a
Charlton h

–––––––––––––––
Oldham 48 points
Doncaster h
Northampton a

Northampton 46 points
Walsall a
Oldham h

MK Dons 42 points
Scunthorpe h
Shrewsbury a

Bury (relegated)

Correct as of 10pm 24/4/18
[Post edited 25 Apr 2018 13:12]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 23:12 - Apr 3 with 5039 viewsTVOS1907

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 23:00 - Apr 3 by D_Alien

Ah, thanks

How long since we were out of the bottom three?

16th December after drawing with Oxford; we were 21st.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 23:21 - Apr 3 with 4987 viewsD_Alien

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 23:12 - Apr 3 by TVOS1907

16th December after drawing with Oxford; we were 21st.

Thanks again

How long since we were...

Nah, best leave that one to the fg's

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 23:29 - Apr 3 with 4947 viewsShun

I've averaged out the league position of every contender's opponents until the end of the season.

Oxford - 12th
Walsall - 17th
Oldham - 18th
MK Dons - 8th
Wimbledon - 13th
Dale - 10th
Northampton - 17th

Oldham have the easiest run-in and MK have the hardest. Obviously it doesn't just come down to opponents' league position and other things are at play such as form and what's left to play for, especially at this stage, but it does still show how tough our run-in from here is. We've had the vast bulk of our 'easy' games now and we're left with the second hardest run-in. It just shows how vital these past two wins were.
Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 12:49 - Apr 4 with 4665 viewsoff2div1

Need Bury to start playing a bit, a few games against lower clubs.
Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 16:51 - Apr 4 with 4555 viewssouthealingdale

I reckon we need another 11 points from 8 games to be sure.

Based on the remaining fixtures I reckon it could be tight.

7 from the next 5 would be a good return.
Then four from the final three.

Portsmouth h
Wigan h
Peterborough a
Oldham h
Bradford h
Plymouth h
Oxford a
Charlton h

@upthedale on Twitter

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 16:58 - Apr 4 with 4537 viewsrochdaleriddler

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 16:51 - Apr 4 by southealingdale

I reckon we need another 11 points from 8 games to be sure.

Based on the remaining fixtures I reckon it could be tight.

7 from the next 5 would be a good return.
Then four from the final three.

Portsmouth h
Wigan h
Peterborough a
Oldham h
Bradford h
Plymouth h
Oxford a
Charlton h

Beat Portsmouth oldham and Bradford and draw one should do it

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 17:04 - Apr 4 with 4524 viewsaleanddale

8 games left....

4 wins takes us to 53 points and safety.

still a big ask and if that's right 3-1 for relegation that's still a massive price.
Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 17:08 - Apr 4 with 4515 viewsrochdaleriddler

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 17:04 - Apr 4 by aleanddale

8 games left....

4 wins takes us to 53 points and safety.

still a big ask and if that's right 3-1 for relegation that's still a massive price.

Sky bet to stay up
Blackpool
1/100
Oxford Utd
1/8
Oldham
1/6
Rochdale
1/4
Walsall
1/3
AFC Wimbledon
8/13
MK Dons
10/3
Northampton
8/1
Bury
150/1

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 18:11 - Apr 4 with 4404 views442Dale

Crucially, our two away games are opportunities to wear the lucky white socks (not counting the only defeat at Wigan when used in unison with the totally cursed black kit):

Striped shirts/black shorts/white socks at Peterborough.
Blue/white/white at Oxford to avoid a socks clash.

Four away wins in the lucky socks at Slough, Northampton, Rotherham and Bury. Plus two draws at Millwall and Scunthorpe.

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 22:24 - Apr 4 with 4225 viewsJames1980

We can lose the next 3 games and still stay up. Although it would mean winning the next 3 out of following 5 and drawing 1

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 17:13 - Apr 5 with 3996 viewsShun

Every so often I have a perusal of our relegation rivals’ messageboards to garner their atmosphere. I’ve excluded Oldham and Bury but other than that there’s a general feel among our rivals that we’re in a false position and we’ll most certainly survive. Northampton in particular are very complimentary with many of them praising our football and our manager.
Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 17:17 - Apr 5 with 3991 views442Dale

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 17:13 - Apr 5 by Shun

Every so often I have a perusal of our relegation rivals’ messageboards to garner their atmosphere. I’ve excluded Oldham and Bury but other than that there’s a general feel among our rivals that we’re in a false position and we’ll most certainly survive. Northampton in particular are very complimentary with many of them praising our football and our manager.

Do they mention the white socks?

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 17:56 - Apr 5 with 3929 viewsdingdangblue

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 17:13 - Apr 5 by Shun

Not looked at their messageboard - but saw the highlights of their win on Monday - Oldham looked like they played really well - creating loads of chances and scoring some decent goals. I can see them getting out of it - our game against them a week on Tuesday is going to be a tense one.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 18:20 - Apr 5 with 3900 viewsShun

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 17:56 - Apr 5 by dingdangblue

Not looked at their messageboard - but saw the highlights of their win on Monday - Oldham looked like they played really well - creating loads of chances and scoring some decent goals. I can see them getting out of it - our game against them a week on Tuesday is going to be a tense one.

Oldham have the easiest run-in, I can definitely see them surviving. My heart says for the drop it’ll be Bury, Northampton, Wimbledon, MK.
Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 01:46 - Apr 6 with 3680 viewsmeeee

Here's a League one relegation predictor if anyone wants to have a go. I've got Bury, Northampton, Wimbledon and Dons to go down with us safe by 2 points on 51

https://thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?Competition=3
Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 08:05 - Apr 6 with 3560 viewsfrequency

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 01:46 - Apr 6 by meeee

Here's a League one relegation predictor if anyone wants to have a go. I've got Bury, Northampton, Wimbledon and Dons to go down with us safe by 2 points on 51

ive got dale in 18th with 52 points.hope im right

Hate city

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 08:42 - Apr 6 with 3529 viewsdalefan

I've got us in 15th on 56 points
I think I'm being a tad optimistic.
Bury, Northampton, Mk dons and Oxford down
Oxford 4th from bottom on 46 points
Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 08:52 - Apr 6 with 3507 viewsdingdangblue

Truth is no one knows what is going to happen! We could feasibly lose tomorrow and Tuesday as they are 2 very tough fixtures and it will be Armageddon on here again for a few posters with Hill as the devil incarnate.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 09:20 - Apr 6 with 3468 views442Dale

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 08:52 - Apr 6 by dingdangblue

Truth is no one knows what is going to happen! We could feasibly lose tomorrow and Tuesday as they are 2 very tough fixtures and it will be Armageddon on here again for a few posters with Hill as the devil incarnate.

Or we could win them both and he could say we are overachieving again, yet there’s a middle ground where being level-headed allows us to see that the manager was a major reason for our failings for a good percentage of the season. He deserves maximum credit for turning it round, as do supporters and the board for sticking with him and his team. The odd bit of extreme criticism on here has never been the major consensus and Hill and his players have been backed well this campaign at games.

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 18:23 - Apr 7 with 3189 views442Dale

Updated. Wouldn’t want to go into the final day behind Wimbledon with them having Bury at home.

Remaining games thread ***updated 7/4/18*** on 18:51 - Apr 7 with 3125 viewsPassmondsBlue

I have looked at all end of results for and against, every time it goes down to Dale of Wimbledon for the last relegation/safe position.
Today's last minute own goal has hit us hard and we now need to get a positive result from one of our next two games.
Oldham and Bury on the last day of the season have to do us a good turn beating the Dons

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 20:04 - Apr 7 with 3001 viewsdalenumber2

17th on 54 points - that'll do
Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 20:12 - Apr 7 with 2981 viewsTVOS1907

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 18:23 - Apr 7 by 442Dale

Updated. Wouldn’t want to go into the final day behind Wimbledon with them having Bury at home.

I thought about that the other day when someone mentioned Wimbledon having to play Bury.

The best case scenario doesn't involve the final day of the season.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Remaining games thread ***updated 7/4/18*** on 13:47 - Apr 11 with 2611 viewsD_Alien

Since Wembley, we've taken 16pts from 10 games W4 D4 L2

We just need to maintain that to be safe

1.6pts per game would take us to 52pts, or 51pts with a likely superior goal difference

[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 13:50]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Remaining games thread ***updated 3/4/18*** on 14:16 - Apr 11 with 2560 viewsToffeemanc

My predictions using only the fixtures for Bury, Northampton, MK, Dale, Wimbledon, Oldham and Walsall with the rest randomly generated had us finishing 21st and relegated with 48 points.
Alarmingly the final table shows Oxford in 20th and surviving with just 49 points !
I would be utterly amazed if any of the teams finishing under 50 points survive this season. I think it is far more likely that we may see a side hitting the 50 point barrier relegated.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024