Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim McNulty 13:27 - May 6 with 3458 views100notout

Lots of heroes yesterday and lots of great stories but I just wanted to say a word about Big Jim.

He's not our best player and yes he makes the odd gaff but a nicer bloke you couldn't meet.

I don't think he won any of the end of season awards - perhaps just as well because he wouldn't have been ready to collect it! He was too busy shaking hands with virtually every fan that had stayed behind and thanking them for their support.

He's the same after every game and always the last one off the pitch. Well done Jim

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Jim McNulty on 13:32 - May 6 with 3413 views442Dale

Genuine player and man. Glad we’ve finally found a way of playing that gets the best out of him. Easily his best season for the club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jim McNulty on 13:46 - May 6 with 3344 viewsD_Alien

Despite his occasional gaffes - or maybe because of them? - i'm a fan of Big Jim

Watching him trying to play the ball out from the back reminds me of someone undergoing physio after a broken hip

Still, when played in the right formation he puts himself in the right place when it matters and provides leadership to two young CBs either side of him. Always the first to applaud the fans and seems to realise how lucky he is to be paid for doing what he loves

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jim McNulty on 14:17 - May 6 with 3253 viewsJames1980

Great bloke, had a very quick chat after the game. Told me briefly about his time living down south when he played for Brighton. Didn't he have a serious injury when playing for Seagulls?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Jim McNulty on 15:12 - May 6 with 3133 viewsKnowlesy

I'm a big fan of Jim, think he gets scapegoated quite a lot because of his nightmare run at left back that time.

He tries to play football the right way, he IS a decent footballer and seems to really have time for the fans. Wouldn't mind seeing him stay on as a coach.
Jim McNulty on 17:20 - May 6 with 2897 viewsDaleiLama

Gentleman Jim growing on me for a lot of reasons - not least his metamorphosis from liability to rock

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Jim McNulty on 18:31 - May 6 with 2762 viewsDaley_Lama

Jim McNulty on 15:12 - May 6 by Knowlesy

I'm a big fan of Jim, think he gets scapegoated quite a lot because of his nightmare run at left back that time.

He tries to play football the right way, he IS a decent footballer and seems to really have time for the fans. Wouldn't mind seeing him stay on as a coach.

Same for me but I cannot convince those sat around me on this one.

Poll: DF in or out

Jim McNulty on 20:59 - May 6 with 2559 viewsShun

Absolutely love the man’s passion and devotion. Little things like applauding the fans before and after every match and roaring with us after a good result - things like that endear him to me so much. Joint 2nd for my player of the season too with Lillis (Henderson’s an easy 1st though).
Jim McNulty on 21:05 - May 6 with 2528 viewsjokerthief

big Jim has had a good season, I like the way he sees things....Visually.
Login to get fewer ads

Jim McNulty on 09:19 - May 7 with 2200 viewsNewbury_Dale

Absolute liability of a defender though. We’ve had to go to 3-5-2 to accommodate him which means we play a narrow three in midfield and loose all natural width, or we encourage two of the midfielders to stay wide which means Camps gets totally overrun.
Jim McNulty on 11:07 - May 7 with 2038 viewsEllDale

I think that he appreciates his career more after having had to drop down to non-league at one stage. And after surviving a horrific injury that could have been career threatening.

I won't forget his celebration in front of the Sandy after the Spurs game.

Am I right is spotting a link to Gary Jones with the non-league club on his CV by the way?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024