Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Hill interview 10:20 - May 11 with 20961 viewsdingdangblue

The full 15 mins free.
Just register with ifollow - no need to subscribe.
Brilliant stuff.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/ifollow/video-archive/

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Keith Hill interview on 09:03 - May 17 with 3987 viewsaleanddale

5 successive seasons in lg1.

Stuff of dreams for those who have watched through the 80's and 90's.

Hill really is the greatest manager Rochdale football club have ever had.
Keith Hill interview on 09:06 - May 17 with 3981 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill interview on 08:33 - May 17 by DaleiLama

Not trying to play the KH apologist but "26 points from 30 games is not good football, it’s not good results and it’s probably not good management" is an admission of complicity and expecting more is probably unrealistic. Just my opinion.
[Post edited 17 May 2018 8:38]

Precisely what I meant by "self-analysis"

I wondered whether some had actually read the piece!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Keith Hill interview on 09:28 - May 17 with 3930 viewssweetcorn

Keith Hill interview on 09:03 - May 17 by aleanddale

5 successive seasons in lg1.

Stuff of dreams for those who have watched through the 80's and 90's.

Hill really is the greatest manager Rochdale football club have ever had.

I dont understand peoples need to constantly post this. Its plain to see even for a blind man that hill is the best we’ve had.

Good footballing side, wembley, 2 promotions and an extended stay in a division deemed to be above where we ‘belong’.

Anyone who thinks any different needs their head testing.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Keith Hill interview on 10:28 - May 17 with 3846 viewskiwidale

Keith Hill interview on 09:28 - May 17 by sweetcorn

I dont understand peoples need to constantly post this. Its plain to see even for a blind man that hill is the best we’ve had.

Good footballing side, wembley, 2 promotions and an extended stay in a division deemed to be above where we ‘belong’.

Anyone who thinks any different needs their head testing.

It needs to be posted less we forget and I'm not looking for a fight but Hill got us into the shit that he eventually got us out of he was both cause and solution.

I don't need my head testing to know that.
[Post edited 17 May 2018 10:29]

This is not the time for bickering.

Keith Hill interview on 12:27 - May 17 with 3741 viewsleedsdale

The second part of the interview has been uploaded this morning, where he is discussing the released list. In short:

Kitching - not progressed as much as he thought
Keane and Canavan - due to injuries
Brown - just didn’t work out. Cited the time he moved from Dale to Cheltenham as a player and realised after a week he wouldn’t be able to work with the manager
Davies - the one he thought hardest about but feels he has made the right decision

In terms of new recruits talked about wanting an experienced head in midfield to complement the younger players, that he can play a Hendo there but next season wants him much further forward
Keith Hill interview on 13:02 - May 17 with 3677 viewssweetcorn

Keith Hill interview on 10:28 - May 17 by kiwidale

It needs to be posted less we forget and I'm not looking for a fight but Hill got us into the shit that he eventually got us out of he was both cause and solution.

I don't need my head testing to know that.
[Post edited 17 May 2018 10:29]

You've missed the point of my post, I'm saying that we all know hill is our most successful manager ever and this defence doesn't need to be posted any time someone criticises him.

You may not need your head testing, just maybe your eyes.

Keith Hill interview on 19:17 - May 17 with 3484 viewskiwidale

Keith Hill interview on 13:02 - May 17 by sweetcorn

You've missed the point of my post, I'm saying that we all know hill is our most successful manager ever and this defence doesn't need to be posted any time someone criticises him.

You may not need your head testing, just maybe your eyes.

Its a bit rich Sweetcorn to accuse me of missing the point of your post and then failing to address anything I posted in reply... I answered your question why we need to be reminded that Hill is the best manager we have ever had, I also raised the point that the same manager got us into a right mess through bad management of a quality squad good enough to have finished top half. Once Hill stopped playing players out of position and played to their strengths results changed dramatically its also worth mentioning the introduction of Cannon the same Cannon that Hill ignored previously and that almost the same players who performed so badly for the first 30 games performed admirably in the last 16. Hill is not beyond criticism albeit some like yourself think he is. There is nothing wrong with my head or eyes, thank you for your concern.
[Post edited 17 May 2018 19:21]

Keith Hill interview on 20:20 - May 17 with 3393 viewsfunkkk

It's disappointing, yet not at all surprising, that Hill is pinning all the blame on the players. This plan that he keeps banging on about, where he said he fully expected us to be in the relegation zone until the last day, is getting tiresome. It's revisionist history at its worst.
Login to get fewer ads

Keith Hill interview on 20:31 - May 17 with 3374 viewssweetcorn

Keith Hill interview on 19:17 - May 17 by kiwidale

Its a bit rich Sweetcorn to accuse me of missing the point of your post and then failing to address anything I posted in reply... I answered your question why we need to be reminded that Hill is the best manager we have ever had, I also raised the point that the same manager got us into a right mess through bad management of a quality squad good enough to have finished top half. Once Hill stopped playing players out of position and played to their strengths results changed dramatically its also worth mentioning the introduction of Cannon the same Cannon that Hill ignored previously and that almost the same players who performed so badly for the first 30 games performed admirably in the last 16. Hill is not beyond criticism albeit some like yourself think he is. There is nothing wrong with my head or eyes, thank you for your concern.
[Post edited 17 May 2018 19:21]

This is what happens when you comment on games when you’ve watched 2 minute of highlights and a couple of games on the tele.

“Quality squad” you must be having a laugh right? We need to see quite a few out and a few come in. Our midfield is as poor as it’s been for many a year and i whole heartedly disagree with you when you say we have a top half squad. What qualifies you to know we’re better than 12 sides? You haven’t seen any of the others, so that is all merely speculation which you’ve produced yourself.

Hill has made mistakes this season, but lets not also detract from players who have underperformed by the standards they have set in the previous seasons. Players like rafferty and camps have been underwhelming compared to previous season to name just 2.

My personal opinion is that this squad with lund, allen and mendez-laing taken out of it is an upper bottom half squad. Teams who have a few top players tend to do well in this league and as soon as they are poached away they tend to fall away, swindon being a prime example.

Keith Hill interview on 20:31 - May 17 with 3373 viewsSuddenLad

Keith Hill interview on 20:20 - May 17 by funkkk

It's disappointing, yet not at all surprising, that Hill is pinning all the blame on the players. This plan that he keeps banging on about, where he said he fully expected us to be in the relegation zone until the last day, is getting tiresome. It's revisionist history at its worst.

It's as boring as some of the tripe repeated on here ad nauseam . We are still in League One. The important season is several weeks away.

Put last season to bed and let's move on.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Keith Hill interview on 20:44 - May 17 with 3346 viewsrkershaw

Keith Hill interview on 20:31 - May 17 by SuddenLad

It's as boring as some of the tripe repeated on here ad nauseam . We are still in League One. The important season is several weeks away.

Put last season to bed and let's move on.

Experienced midfield campaigner.......Messrs Dawson / Law??
[Post edited 17 May 2018 20:50]
Keith Hill interview on 22:33 - May 17 with 3175 viewsYouTubeDale

The last thing we should do is to put last season to bed. There is so much to learn from it, and we need to constantly remind ourselves what went wrong and how we can improve on it.

Yes, Keith Hill is our best ever manager, and should keep his job, and the vast majority of fans would retain him. But next season should start with Keith Hill looking in the mirror and seeing how he can improve before anyone else. He is the one who can make the most difference. He has the capability to do it. He must drill the players far better, for example, telling Raff to stop making silly fouls which has become a characteristic of his game.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Keith Hill interview on 22:38 - May 17 with 3167 viewsfitzochris

Keith Hill interview on 22:33 - May 17 by YouTubeDale

The last thing we should do is to put last season to bed. There is so much to learn from it, and we need to constantly remind ourselves what went wrong and how we can improve on it.

Yes, Keith Hill is our best ever manager, and should keep his job, and the vast majority of fans would retain him. But next season should start with Keith Hill looking in the mirror and seeing how he can improve before anyone else. He is the one who can make the most difference. He has the capability to do it. He must drill the players far better, for example, telling Raff to stop making silly fouls which has become a characteristic of his game.

I agree with that. It’s not about analysing last season in order be pessimistic or attribute blame -it’s about making sure we don’t endure a repeat.

That’s why I’m keen to read stuff about Hill’s thoughts - what he thought went wrong and what he’s doing to address it.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Keith Hill interview on 07:57 - May 18 with 2998 viewsEllDale

The one thing that needs to be addressed - and it doesn't just apply to last season - is how we start.

Wouldn't it be nice to win the first four or something similar.

It's been said before but perhaps this now traditional trip to Spain needs to be reviewed?
Keith Hill interview on 08:04 - May 18 with 2978 viewsisitme

Keith Hill interview on 07:57 - May 18 by EllDale

The one thing that needs to be addressed - and it doesn't just apply to last season - is how we start.

Wouldn't it be nice to win the first four or something similar.

It's been said before but perhaps this now traditional trip to Spain needs to be reviewed?

Early in Hill's rein we used to be one of the fitter sides in the League but for the past few seasons that does not seem to be the case. We have conceded a number of goals in the last ten minutes of games. How much of that is mental and how much is physical?
Keith Hill interview on 08:40 - May 18 with 2927 viewskiwidale

Keith Hill interview on 20:31 - May 17 by sweetcorn

This is what happens when you comment on games when you’ve watched 2 minute of highlights and a couple of games on the tele.

“Quality squad” you must be having a laugh right? We need to see quite a few out and a few come in. Our midfield is as poor as it’s been for many a year and i whole heartedly disagree with you when you say we have a top half squad. What qualifies you to know we’re better than 12 sides? You haven’t seen any of the others, so that is all merely speculation which you’ve produced yourself.

Hill has made mistakes this season, but lets not also detract from players who have underperformed by the standards they have set in the previous seasons. Players like rafferty and camps have been underwhelming compared to previous season to name just 2.

My personal opinion is that this squad with lund, allen and mendez-laing taken out of it is an upper bottom half squad. Teams who have a few top players tend to do well in this league and as soon as they are poached away they tend to fall away, swindon being a prime example.

Ahh! Sweetcorn sweet boy that old chestnut my opinion counts for nothing because I don't attend games. Thanks for bringing it up again I was overstepping my place on here. I reckon we should have levels of membership on here read only for the likes of me. Next level up for those who attend 5 but less than 10 games can read and vote up/down on posts reply to posts but not start new threads or disagree with you. Next level up those who attend 10 games or more can read ,vote, comment, originate new threads and generally argue the toss with anybody except you or disagree with you. Finally gold membership reserved for tossers like you who think their opinions are worth more than the likes of me and worthy of universal acclaim can read, comment, edit posts and post new threads, in red letters of course just like Jesus words in the Bible.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 10:30]

Keith Hill interview on 22:06 - May 18 with 2611 viewssweetcorn

Keith Hill interview on 08:40 - May 18 by kiwidale

Ahh! Sweetcorn sweet boy that old chestnut my opinion counts for nothing because I don't attend games. Thanks for bringing it up again I was overstepping my place on here. I reckon we should have levels of membership on here read only for the likes of me. Next level up for those who attend 5 but less than 10 games can read and vote up/down on posts reply to posts but not start new threads or disagree with you. Next level up those who attend 10 games or more can read ,vote, comment, originate new threads and generally argue the toss with anybody except you or disagree with you. Finally gold membership reserved for tossers like you who think their opinions are worth more than the likes of me and worthy of universal acclaim can read, comment, edit posts and post new threads, in red letters of course just like Jesus words in the Bible.

You’re entitled to your opinion, but what weight does your opinion hold that we are better than 12 sides in league one, if you’ve never seen any of them 😂😂

Keith Hill interview on 00:09 - May 19 with 2514 viewskiwidale

Keith Hill interview on 22:06 - May 18 by sweetcorn

You’re entitled to your opinion, but what weight does your opinion hold that we are better than 12 sides in league one, if you’ve never seen any of them 😂😂

I'm sorry for calling you a tosser I'm sure your a great guy my comment was more about your arrogant comment not you as a person.

Keith Hill interview on 22:53 - May 20 with 2192 viewsR17ALE

Keith Hill interview on 08:40 - May 18 by kiwidale

If you don't attend games, your opinion is less valid than those who do. Sweetcorn is bang on and your "old chestnut" jibe is but a jibe.

Your support is welcome, but you see as much as Yorkshire Dale does due to transport problems which I understand. ie nowt!

However, I will always champion the eyes of those who have watched, over the opinions of the peripheries who unwelcomely holler from the edges.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Keith Hill interview on 00:11 - May 21 with 2115 viewskiwidale

Keith Hill interview on 22:53 - May 20 by R17ALE

If you don't attend games, your opinion is less valid than those who do. Sweetcorn is bang on and your "old chestnut" jibe is but a jibe.

Your support is welcome, but you see as much as Yorkshire Dale does due to transport problems which I understand. ie nowt!

However, I will always champion the eyes of those who have watched, over the opinions of the peripheries who unwelcomely holler from the edges.

I will put you in the red letter level.

edit to add... I always enjoyed reading your posts about games esp your just got back reports. You amongst other are my eyes and ears and play a big part on how I view things, of course the league table helps to gauge whether we are shite or not.
[Post edited 21 May 2018 0:15]

Keith Hill interview on 00:21 - May 21 with 2102 viewskiwidale

Keith Hill interview on 22:53 - May 20 by R17ALE

"However, I will always champion the eyes of those who have watched, over the opinions of the peripheries who unwelcomely holler from the edges."

Does that apply to Parky Gimp as well? I believe he attends regular or Blackdog ? I could add James, Nigeria mark and others who only watch the odd games... could you tell me how many games qualifies for an opinion?

Keith Hill interview on 06:46 - May 21 with 2043 views1mark1

Keith Hill interview on 00:21 - May 21 by kiwidale

"However, I will always champion the eyes of those who have watched, over the opinions of the peripheries who unwelcomely holler from the edges."

Does that apply to Parky Gimp as well? I believe he attends regular or Blackdog ? I could add James, Nigeria mark and others who only watch the odd games... could you tell me how many games qualifies for an opinion?

That’s a very good point. ANYONE’S opinion who has watched a game, is just as valid as anyone else’s, no matter how many other games they have seen, no matter what anyone else says.

It’s all a matter of wether or not you trust them when they tell you their opinions or not. Always worth getting at least two or three different viewpoints for games not personally seen, or even when I have watched a game.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Keith Hill interview on 07:04 - May 21 with 2026 viewsnordenblue

Keith Hill interview on 06:46 - May 21 by 1mark1

That’s a very good point. ANYONE’S opinion who has watched a game, is just as valid as anyone else’s, no matter how many other games they have seen, no matter what anyone else says.

It’s all a matter of wether or not you trust them when they tell you their opinions or not. Always worth getting at least two or three different viewpoints for games not personally seen, or even when I have watched a game.

The whole point is that he HASN'T actually watched the games, how can you base/air an opinion purely on what you've read or heard.

Similarly I personally never post about players,games etc I've not attended as my point of view is pretty worthless having not seen a thing of that specific game.
Keith Hill interview on 07:53 - May 21 with 1960 viewsDaleiLama

Keith Hill interview on 07:04 - May 21 by nordenblue

The whole point is that he HASN'T actually watched the games, how can you base/air an opinion purely on what you've read or heard.

Similarly I personally never post about players,games etc I've not attended as my point of view is pretty worthless having not seen a thing of that specific game.

Not particularly related to your post NB, but you only need to come on a match thread after any game to see what a range of opinions there are on any given match anyway. Some will say that X played great and others will slate him etc ........................

Pinches of salt should be available when you open your browser.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Keith Hill interview on 08:25 - May 21 with 1920 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill interview on 07:53 - May 21 by DaleiLama

Not particularly related to your post NB, but you only need to come on a match thread after any game to see what a range of opinions there are on any given match anyway. Some will say that X played great and others will slate him etc ........................

Pinches of salt should be available when you open your browser.

I take a more old-fashioned approach, and always have pinches of snuff handy

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024