Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First Look At The Team - What To Expect 14:29 - Sep 28 with 1877 viewsjonahwhereru

Travelling to Spotland tomorrow and will be my first look at the team this season.

Comments on here and results tell me we are a better squad than last year, but to be honest like a Forrest Gump chocolate box I have no idea what to expect tomorrow.

Not in a position to give an opinion on the selection or formation, but hope we set up to play to our strengths rather than to nullify the Portsmouth threat. I guess that sounds like Henderson up front.

So difficult to predict a score, so will suggest it will go one of two way, 3-2 to dale or we concede the usual 4 against on of the top teams. Here’s hoping for a win.

On another note can anyone tell me how extensive the 50 mph stretches are on the M6 and M62 at the moment. Long stretches last time I came up, so hoping for better this time.

First Look At The Team - What To Expect on 15:03 - Sep 28 with 1826 viewsRalphs12

Still loads on the M6. M62 is a little better however now just a few junctions around junction 12 they are starting to work on which you would avoid if you came off the M6 earlier and caught onto the M60 using the A556.

But I reckon a saturday at that time you'd be fine either way.
First Look At The Team - What To Expect on 16:54 - Sep 28 with 1717 viewsjonahwhereru

Thanks Ralphs12.

The A1 / M11 option is a non starter, so 6 & 62 it is.

Setting of at 6:30am to give me every chance of missing the worst of it.
First Look At The Team - What To Expect on 17:16 - Sep 28 with 1684 viewsShun

I’d be surprised if we moved away from the 4231 that’s seen us play pretty well in the past three games (even last week at Sunderland where we were marginally the better side until a 10 minute defensive capitulation). If we do carry on with that formation I’d drop Camps for Cannon or Perkins, and I’d love Done to play in Gillam’s position just behind Henderson - I think it’s literally his perfect position. I’d also really like Clough to play, I feel like we’re being cheated a little out of seeing a magnificent player because of his injury, but Ra only knows where he’s up to with it.

As for the result I’m expecting the same outcome as against the other top sides this season. I think the defence will look shaky and we’ll concede a minimum of 3 but score at least 1.
First Look At The Team - What To Expect on 17:30 - Sep 28 with 1659 viewsD_Alien

First Look At The Team - What To Expect on 17:16 - Sep 28 by Shun

I’d be surprised if we moved away from the 4231 that’s seen us play pretty well in the past three games (even last week at Sunderland where we were marginally the better side until a 10 minute defensive capitulation). If we do carry on with that formation I’d drop Camps for Cannon or Perkins, and I’d love Done to play in Gillam’s position just behind Henderson - I think it’s literally his perfect position. I’d also really like Clough to play, I feel like we’re being cheated a little out of seeing a magnificent player because of his injury, but Ra only knows where he’s up to with it.

As for the result I’m expecting the same outcome as against the other top sides this season. I think the defence will look shaky and we’ll concede a minimum of 3 but score at least 1.

Done for Gillam, yes

Perkins is better suited to taking the Camps role, so that'd be my pick

Not sure where Clough fits into that formation at the moment, unless Hendo drops back but i'd much rather he didn't. Would be good to see him on the bench as an option

Like you, expecting us to concede and would take a draw right now

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

First Look At The Team - What To Expect on 18:14 - Sep 28 with 1597 viewstony_roch975

First Look At The Team - What To Expect on 17:30 - Sep 28 by D_Alien

Done for Gillam, yes

Perkins is better suited to taking the Camps role, so that'd be my pick

Not sure where Clough fits into that formation at the moment, unless Hendo drops back but i'd much rather he didn't. Would be good to see him on the bench as an option

Like you, expecting us to concede and would take a draw right now

If Clough, Dooley & Randall are still injured, start with the same 4-2-4 formation and personnel as the last 2 weeks (tho we shouldn't have done that last week).

If Pompey line up with 3 at the back, play 4-2-4 with 2 pacy wide strikers (Dooley, if fit, and Cannon or JW). JW/Done/ Clough (if fit) are possible replacements for Gillam whether on the bench or starting and Cannon is also an alternative for Rathbone. Camps is our best playmaker, however poorly folk think he played last week, so he should start - don't think Perkins age/slow pace is better suited to that role.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

First Look At The Team - What To Expect on 18:28 - Sep 28 with 1570 viewsD_Alien

First Look At The Team - What To Expect on 18:14 - Sep 28 by tony_roch975

If Clough, Dooley & Randall are still injured, start with the same 4-2-4 formation and personnel as the last 2 weeks (tho we shouldn't have done that last week).

If Pompey line up with 3 at the back, play 4-2-4 with 2 pacy wide strikers (Dooley, if fit, and Cannon or JW). JW/Done/ Clough (if fit) are possible replacements for Gillam whether on the bench or starting and Cannon is also an alternative for Rathbone. Camps is our best playmaker, however poorly folk think he played last week, so he should start - don't think Perkins age/slow pace is better suited to that role.

Not disagreeing if you prefer to retain Camps, but don't think you can use age/pace as the reason. Despite his age, Perkins was, and still is, more rapid on his feet and more importantly, more rapid of thought in possession than Camps, hence why he was fulfilling that role successfully in the championship until recently

imo he was dropped due to being slightly ahead of his team-mates which made his passing look ordinary - they just weren't anticipating him. Most glaring example was Hendo close to the right touchline from the Pearl St against Barnsley, which led to an altercation between the two which also might've gone against Perkins

Hopefully since then, the training ground has been used to bring the squad into a greater understanding of his rapid distribution, which was why he was brought back in the first place. Still light years ahead of Camps, who'd benefit from watching him from the bench for a couple of games

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

First Look At The Team - What To Expect on 19:39 - Sep 28 with 1453 viewsblackdogblue

Don’t be tempted to go down the M56 past the airport, big roadworks around the sliproad to Stockport ..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

First Look At The Team - What To Expect on 07:52 - Sep 29 with 1158 viewsflyerdale

First Look At The Team - What To Expect on 19:39 - Sep 28 by blackdogblue

Don’t be tempted to go down the M56 past the airport, big roadworks around the sliproad to Stockport ..

Only bad at rush hour. I'd go this way instead of the M62 from Warrington wag as tgaf has now got roadworks on that stretch for the next few years. The sharston link usually flows ok except for between 3 and 7pm on weekdays
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024