Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A new era good or bad? 21:41 - Dec 5 with 3858 viewskiwidale

I know there are already two threads on the subject? but here is my thoughts and I hope I am wrong, if so I will deserve any derision for them.

This smacks of a board room revolution or a coup of sorts. The appointment of employee's as directors is unprecedented which leads me to think that they will be yes men to whoever is pulling the strings. The announcement of the new chair will answer a lot of questions going forward, also the role that Hill will play will be very interesting I suspect that Hill is in the thick of it.

edit to add

For the first time in my lifetime we have a club that is valuable both for investment and is asset rich with no debt. Rochdale AFC is no longer a charity the potential to run it as a business where the bottom line is profit is there to see, I am worried.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 21:52]

This is not the time for bickering.

A new era good or bad? on 23:11 - Dec 5 with 1439 viewsrochdale_ranger

A new era good or bad? on 23:06 - Dec 5 by 442Dale

For clarification, which of the board members that have left have commented about fans who raised issues about the gala dinner?

I’m sure the Trust can confirm who they liaised with ahead of the decision to go ahead with the dinner, and also those who were “very disappointed with the negativity shown” after their discussions with the club on behalf of supporters.

It must be soul destroying having everything new you try and put in place to be undermined or overly criticised to the point of parody is all I’m saying. Maybe I’m not working class enough to get it.
A new era good or bad? on 23:18 - Dec 5 with 1396 viewsrochdale_ranger

A new era good or bad? on 23:11 - Dec 5 by James1980

I am an idiot and could see the gala dinner last season was a mistake.

T’was a mistake to have a gala dinner when your staring relegation in the face and to celebrate a fifth round tie I’m not disputing that, that’s not why the yokels wanted it cancelled though was it? We have a large minority of our fanbase who are reluctant to change and see and treat the club like it’s their shitty little local boozer and feel all put out of joint when minor changes are made. I’m not a trust geek or involved with the internal politics of the club. I watch the games and that’s it. I’m just an outsider looking in.
A new era good or bad? on 23:18 - Dec 5 with 1387 viewsjudd

A new era good or bad? on 23:11 - Dec 5 by rochdale_ranger

It must be soul destroying having everything new you try and put in place to be undermined or overly criticised to the point of parody is all I’m saying. Maybe I’m not working class enough to get it.

No, with respect you do your market research, you understand your OL postcode demographic, you do not bludgeon tradition instead of gently introducing change to a largely conservative audience with influential youngsters who are the club's future. In my opinion.

Poll: What is it to be then?

A new era good or bad? on 23:30 - Dec 5 with 1354 viewsrochdale_ranger

A new era good or bad? on 23:18 - Dec 5 by judd

No, with respect you do your market research, you understand your OL postcode demographic, you do not bludgeon tradition instead of gently introducing change to a largely conservative audience with influential youngsters who are the club's future. In my opinion.

“Market research” “ OL postcode demographic” what a load of pretentious shite we are a small club who made a few extra quid of the goldbond. Truth be told it’s probably not financially viable anymore or not worth bothering with so the club are changing it to direct debit to faze it out rather then outright cancelling it so as to not incur the wrath of the vocal minority who last season made all Rochdale fans in the national and local media look like cheap skates who wouldn’t fork out for a night out in the town hall.
A new era good or bad? on 23:41 - Dec 5 with 1324 viewsjudd

A new era good or bad? on 23:30 - Dec 5 by rochdale_ranger

“Market research” “ OL postcode demographic” what a load of pretentious shite we are a small club who made a few extra quid of the goldbond. Truth be told it’s probably not financially viable anymore or not worth bothering with so the club are changing it to direct debit to faze it out rather then outright cancelling it so as to not incur the wrath of the vocal minority who last season made all Rochdale fans in the national and local media look like cheap skates who wouldn’t fork out for a night out in the town hall.

It's not that difficult to understand how you effect change and how quickly an environment will warm up to change. Take an axe to it or gently encourage. Your choice.
The Goldbond initiative once had 17,000 members, generating about £250k profit. It has been let slide to a core membership that is elderly and is reticent to pay directly from their bank account, if they have one. So, the issue with Goldbond is not enough members because we do it sell enough. In comes a director who oversees the entire department of 4 leave to be replaced by 3 new guys and then announce that the lotteries will be managed by a company with an interesting financial performance history . No pretentious bollocks just hard earned experience.

A new era good or bad? on 23:56 - Dec 5 with 1302 viewsrochdale_ranger

A new era good or bad? on 23:41 - Dec 5 by judd

It's not that difficult to understand how you effect change and how quickly an environment will warm up to change. Take an axe to it or gently encourage. Your choice.
The Goldbond initiative once had 17,000 members, generating about £250k profit. It has been let slide to a core membership that is elderly and is reticent to pay directly from their bank account, if they have one. So, the issue with Goldbond is not enough members because we do it sell enough. In comes a director who oversees the entire department of 4 leave to be replaced by 3 new guys and then announce that the lotteries will be managed by a company with an interesting financial performance history . No pretentious bollocks just hard earned experience.

Ok you know best “through hard earned experience” I’ll keep my mouth shut, I won’t point out the obvious anymore or bother putting valid points across because a random fella on the net tells me he has hard earned experience. More pretentious shite by the way.
A new era good or bad? on 23:58 - Dec 5 with 1301 viewsChaffRAFC

A new era good or bad? on 22:51 - Dec 5 by rochdale_ranger

I blame the departure of half the board on the ungrateful losers who got the gala dinner cancelled and have nit picked at every minor change the club have made to modernise the club such as being able to pay your gold bond via direct debit. #feelingunappreciated

Having a traditionally free event that welcomed families be turned into a gala suit and tie dinner for about £70 a ticket isn't a minor change. Plus, nobody wanted the gala dinner cancelled, they wanted the club to retain it's traditional, family friendly end of season awards night and the club could have run both but chose not to.

And as for modernising the goldbond, I very much doubt people are against that either. If the agents retained their rewards for going out and doing the goldbond and Goldbond members were up for moving over to direct debit then all would be good. This all remains to be seen doesn't it.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

A new era good or bad? on 00:39 - Dec 6 with 1248 viewsrochdale_ranger

A new era good or bad? on 23:58 - Dec 5 by ChaffRAFC

Having a traditionally free event that welcomed families be turned into a gala suit and tie dinner for about £70 a ticket isn't a minor change. Plus, nobody wanted the gala dinner cancelled, they wanted the club to retain it's traditional, family friendly end of season awards night and the club could have run both but chose not to.

And as for modernising the goldbond, I very much doubt people are against that either. If the agents retained their rewards for going out and doing the goldbond and Goldbond members were up for moving over to direct debit then all would be good. This all remains to be seen doesn't it.

As for your first point it’s all well and good saying that but the with negative press and all that went with it leaves me asking the question was it worth it? It’s not the end of the world if they make the end of season award do a bit plusher and you have to dress up. Take your missus on a night out.

As for your second point I think the club are using this as a way to faze the goldbond out but won’t come right out and do it as they are afraid of the bad reaction they will get.
Login to get fewer ads

A new era good or bad? on 06:41 - Dec 6 with 1121 viewsRalphs12

A new era good or bad? on 00:39 - Dec 6 by rochdale_ranger

As for your first point it’s all well and good saying that but the with negative press and all that went with it leaves me asking the question was it worth it? It’s not the end of the world if they make the end of season award do a bit plusher and you have to dress up. Take your missus on a night out.

As for your second point I think the club are using this as a way to faze the goldbond out but won’t come right out and do it as they are afraid of the bad reaction they will get.

You missed the line chaff and many others made about the event of old being family friendly... where kids can meet the players they idolise, your telling me that having a dinner in the town hall listening to X after dinner speaker is going to be something kids remember possibly for years down the line?

The club could’ve done both. Then anyone who wanted to goto such a dinner could have done.

Edit: could kids even attend the dinner event? I can’t remember.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 6:43]
A new era good or bad? on 08:36 - Dec 6 with 1026 viewsjudd

A new era good or bad? on 06:41 - Dec 6 by Ralphs12

You missed the line chaff and many others made about the event of old being family friendly... where kids can meet the players they idolise, your telling me that having a dinner in the town hall listening to X after dinner speaker is going to be something kids remember possibly for years down the line?

The club could’ve done both. Then anyone who wanted to goto such a dinner could have done.

Edit: could kids even attend the dinner event? I can’t remember.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 6:43]

Kids were not allowed

A new era good or bad? on 09:03 - Dec 6 with 991 viewskiwidale

A new era good or bad? on 08:36 - Dec 6 by judd

Kids were not allowed

hey! It's not as thought the kids are the future.

This is not the time for bickering.

A new era good or bad? on 09:45 - Dec 6 with 927 viewsblackdogblue

Wasn’t the Gala Dinner Russ Greens idea as Jeff is his mate?

He left months ago so don’t see the connection with this thread?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

A new era good or bad? on 09:55 - Dec 6 with 902 viewsjudd

A new era good or bad? on 09:45 - Dec 6 by blackdogblue

I don't think it was his idea.

A new era good or bad? on 11:20 - Dec 6 with 780 viewsChaffRAFC

A new era good or bad? on 09:45 - Dec 6 by blackdogblue

No, another director was behind it.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024