Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? 21:41 - Apr 23 with 5168 viewssmaclad1

What they say and what they mean -

The Club says "We’re encouraging supporters to dig out their retro shirts and wear them to the Crown Oil Arena for our final home game of the season".

The Club says "it would be great to see as many fans as possible, both young and old, wearing a retro shirt on the day."

The Club means "That's all a load of bollox if you are a supporters group on a sponsorship package".

"As many fans as possible" obviously doesn't include the members and friends of SMAC who are matchball sponsoring on Saturday and, while several are keen to give their old shirts an airing, they have been told in no uncertain terms that they have to adhere to the strict Main Lounge dress code despite the club's call to ALL supporters to pull an old shirt over their now expanded guts.

As was made clear towards the end of last season the Club distinguishes between sponsors (people to be lauded and feted, and to be cosseted away from the supporters) and the great unwashed (ie the supporters). By allowing supporters to engage in a sponsorship activity it is obvious they have to toe the line and not present themselves in a manner that might cause upset to the prawn sandwich eaters and those of a nervous disposition.

After last seasons events and the intended misappropriation of the SMAC Player of the Season Award there were several SMAC members who were minded to knock it all on the head. This ain't gonna improve things and might prove a tipping point for some. Our event co-ordinator has called on the Club to reconsider - after all, it isn't going to hurt for one match to drop the dress code which, after all, would accord with the club's call for as many supporters as possible to wear a retro shirt.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 21:44]
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:49 - Apr 23 with 3265 viewsjudd

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/240011/last-call-for-exiles

This seems to at odds with your chagrin, Smaclad1. Summat changed?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:55 - Apr 23 with 3213 viewsKenBoon

We have an acceptable dress code for the main lounge? Have they done it up or something?
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:56 - Apr 23 with 3190 viewsjudd

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:55 - Apr 23 by KenBoon

We have an acceptable dress code for the main lounge? Have they done it up or something?

Commonly known as a Sunderland shirt.

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:58 - Apr 23 with 3164 viewsfunkkk

Are you going to be ok? 😭
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:59 - Apr 23 with 3143 viewssmaclad1

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:49 - Apr 23 by judd

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/240011/last-call-for-exiles

Different sponsorship arrangements located in different areas of the main stand as I understand it. Matchball sponsors are in the Main Lounge where a strict dress code applies.

The imposition of the draconian restriction on SMAC members and friends from participating in retro shirt day came as a surprise to our Trust liaison rep who had been under the impression that SMAC would be OK. I would suggest that the club move us from the main lounge to the executive dining facility. I do acknowledge this would entail closing the Ratcliffe and inconveniencing other supporters but hey, it doesn't seem to bother the club doing this.
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:59 - Apr 23 with 3143 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:56 - Apr 23 by judd

Commonly known as a Sunderland shirt.

Can we have beer out of a much sought after mug before carriages

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:01 - Apr 23 with 3123 viewsjudd

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:59 - Apr 23 by Thacks_Rabbits

Can we have beer out of a much sought after mug before carriages

All such mugs were sold out, alongside dining and seating packages.

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:03 - Apr 23 with 3109 viewsDaleiLama

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:01 - Apr 23 by judd

All such mugs were sold out, alongside dining and seating packages.

The club sold out?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:03 - Apr 23 with 3101 viewsjudd

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:59 - Apr 23 by smaclad1

Different sponsorship arrangements located in different areas of the main stand as I understand it. Matchball sponsors are in the Main Lounge where a strict dress code applies.

The imposition of the draconian restriction on SMAC members and friends from participating in retro shirt day came as a surprise to our Trust liaison rep who had been under the impression that SMAC would be OK. I would suggest that the club move us from the main lounge to the executive dining facility. I do acknowledge this would entail closing the Ratcliffe and inconveniencing other supporters but hey, it doesn't seem to bother the club doing this.

Hire the Town Hall and watch it on a laptop. That's where true fans go, isn't it?

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:04 - Apr 23 with 3089 viewsjudd

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:03 - Apr 23 by DaleiLama

The club sold out?

Soul doubt.

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:10 - Apr 23 with 3043 viewsJames1980

I am attending the exiles day Saturday. The info received says there is no dress code for that. Alas I don't have a 'retro' shirt. Was thinking about purchasing one from Toffs but thought that would be trying a bit too hard.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:11 - Apr 23 with 3041 viewssmaclad1

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:55 - Apr 23 by KenBoon

Apparently we do, tho other than no football shirts I don't know anything more as I can't find any details on the website.
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:11 - Apr 23 with 3026 viewsjudd

In fact, get yer money back and cancel your sponsorship.

I'd also encourage your spokesperson to make a statement at the presentation of your award later that evening.

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:17 - Apr 23 with 2992 viewsjudd

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:11 - Apr 23 by smaclad1

Apparently we do, tho other than no football shirts I don't know anything more as I can't find any details on the website.

#WearfRochdale

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:22 - Apr 23 with 2958 viewsrochdale_ranger

If you want all the hooha that goes with going in the main lounge then you adhere to the dress code. It’s simple really. I wouldn’t try and get into a nightclub or an upmarket restaurant wearing trainers.
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:24 - Apr 23 with 2947 viewsjudd

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:22 - Apr 23 by rochdale_ranger

If you want all the hooha that goes with going in the main lounge then you adhere to the dress code. It’s simple really. I wouldn’t try and get into a nightclub or an upmarket restaurant wearing trainers.

Players go in wearing track suits.

It's a one off, ffs.

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:26 - Apr 23 with 2923 viewsD_Alien

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:22 - Apr 23 by rochdale_ranger

Snigger!

Hacienda, Sankeys...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:32 - Apr 23 with 2886 viewsrochdale_ranger

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:26 - Apr 23 by D_Alien

Snigger!

Hacienda, Sankeys...

Far too young to have been in the former and far to classy to have been in the latter. ;)
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:35 - Apr 23 with 2866 viewsD_Alien

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:32 - Apr 23 by rochdale_ranger

Far too young to have been in the former and far to classy to have been in the latter. ;)

In other words, you've no f* cking idea what you're talking about

Too

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:35 - Apr 23 with 2862 viewskiwidale

Just my opinion smaclad and you are entitled to yours but trying to beat this up as a snub from the club is wrong, the dress code is for a reason. Maybe you need to ask the trust to intervene on your behalf it could well be an over sight on the club? or it could be that the corporate lot is expected to dress more formally.

This is not the time for bickering.

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:39 - Apr 23 with 2832 viewsjudd

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:35 - Apr 23 by kiwidale

Just my opinion smaclad and you are entitled to yours but trying to beat this up as a snub from the club is wrong, the dress code is for a reason. Maybe you need to ask the trust to intervene on your behalf it could well be an over sight on the club? or it could be that the corporate lot is expected to dress more formally.

All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:43 - Apr 23 with 2807 viewsD_Alien

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:39 - Apr 23 by judd

All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.

It's a burdon some have to carry

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:44 - Apr 23 with 2799 viewsrochdale_ranger

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:35 - Apr 23 by D_Alien

In other words, you've no f* cking idea what you're talking about

Too

Your obsequiousness is massively cringeworthy.
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:46 - Apr 23 with 2783 viewsD_Alien

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:44 - Apr 23 by rochdale_ranger

Your obsequiousness is massively cringeworthy.

Before you embarrass yourself any further with clichés, some of the classiest (and wealthiest) people I've ever met used to frequent Sankeys

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:48 - Apr 23 with 2768 viewsSheffdale

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:49 - Apr 23 by judd

Well I wrote that and didn't for a minute consider a dress code. I'm pretty sure Exiles have worn retro and current shirts in our boxes before. Let's hope common sense prevails and the club make it clear that retro shirts are ok anywhere on Saturday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024