Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) 12:31 - Jun 26 with 8282 viewshammerdale

Rumours going round hornets game off or being switched to Salford. Ground unfit?
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 14:11 - Jun 30 with 2025 viewsNinco

Interesting that Rochdale Town FC got evicted from Mayfield by the league because the ground wasn't seen as fit for purpose, yet Hornets manage to get approval to play a game there with probably 10-20 times the support that Town used to get. What's changed?

Unless Hornets can evidence that Dale deliberately delayed the pitch replacement to get this game called off, I think they need to be careful about blaming Dale for this. At the end of the day, they are tenants apparently paying a peppercorn rent which was agreed when the rugby league sold the shares. As tenants, they are getting a new pitch paid for by the landlord, and playing in a stadium that most rugby league clubs would be proud of. Dale have covered their losses by paying them compensation and they will probably end up with more money than they would have got, had it been played at the COA. If they don't like it, they are welcome to play elsewhere and see if any other landlord will bankroll a new pitch, a good quality stadium and excellent facilities for such a small rent.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 17:29 - Jun 30 with 1879 viewsjudd

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 14:11 - Jun 30 by Ninco

Interesting that Rochdale Town FC got evicted from Mayfield by the league because the ground wasn't seen as fit for purpose, yet Hornets manage to get approval to play a game there with probably 10-20 times the support that Town used to get. What's changed?

Unless Hornets can evidence that Dale deliberately delayed the pitch replacement to get this game called off, I think they need to be careful about blaming Dale for this. At the end of the day, they are tenants apparently paying a peppercorn rent which was agreed when the rugby league sold the shares. As tenants, they are getting a new pitch paid for by the landlord, and playing in a stadium that most rugby league clubs would be proud of. Dale have covered their losses by paying them compensation and they will probably end up with more money than they would have got, had it been played at the COA. If they don't like it, they are welcome to play elsewhere and see if any other landlord will bankroll a new pitch, a good quality stadium and excellent facilities for such a small rent.

I think the football club have laid a new pitch for footballing purposes.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 19:35 - Jul 1 with 1636 viewshammerdale

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 14:11 - Jun 30 by Ninco

What a load of bollocks, Mayfield friendly called off day before. Dewsbury called of because ground staff wouldn't assist with removing snow. York game ( the biggest laugh of all) supposedly called of for health and safety reasons.. who are you trying to kid.. Hornets play 6 games away from home and expected, quite rightly so , to play Swinton at Spotland and we I understand they could have insisted on playing that match on Spotland and there would have been nothing Mr Bottomley and co could have done about it
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 20:30 - Jul 1 with 1531 views49thseason

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 19:35 - Jul 1 by hammerdale

What a load of bollocks, Mayfield friendly called off day before. Dewsbury called of because ground staff wouldn't assist with removing snow. York game ( the biggest laugh of all) supposedly called of for health and safety reasons.. who are you trying to kid.. Hornets play 6 games away from home and expected, quite rightly so , to play Swinton at Spotland and we I understand they could have insisted on playing that match on Spotland and there would have been nothing Mr Bottomley and co could have done about it

I bet he could have turned the hot water boilers off so the showers were cold. I dare say he could have locked the rugby posts up, closed the bars locked the door to the PA system and a host of other things to stop the match being played. I don't think its the case that just because Hornets have a key to get into the ground that they can willy-nilly just decide to play a game whenever they please without the appropriate permissions etc. from their landlord. I'm sure Hornets would be happier if they played somewhere else... Bury for example? I bet they would love a Rugby League club in Bury,.... they love their sport on the other side of Heywood.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 20:50 - Jul 1 with 1471 viewsjudd

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 20:30 - Jul 1 by 49thseason

I bet he could have turned the hot water boilers off so the showers were cold. I dare say he could have locked the rugby posts up, closed the bars locked the door to the PA system and a host of other things to stop the match being played. I don't think its the case that just because Hornets have a key to get into the ground that they can willy-nilly just decide to play a game whenever they please without the appropriate permissions etc. from their landlord. I'm sure Hornets would be happier if they played somewhere else... Bury for example? I bet they would love a Rugby League club in Bury,.... they love their sport on the other side of Heywood.

I would imagine there is a tenancy agreement in place, which would include expectations of groundstaff cooperation in getting games on, and an agreed procedure for calling games off.
The day before Hornets were to play York Dale had played at home and the pitch was looking a bit messy. I noticed that the groundstaff made no effort to take down the football posts and mark the pitch in readiness for the next day, as they always do. I knew then the game would be called off, especially as Dale were due to play at home on Tuesday.

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 20:51 - Jul 1 with 1463 viewsfinberty

Hush the violins.

And sometimes, even Rochdale AFC don't get to play on it themselves, due to its poor condition.

Why is everyone else a victim FFS?
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 20:59 - Jul 1 with 1431 viewsCockneyDale

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 15:59 - Jun 26 by 442Dale

Work was originally supposed to start on 20/5/19 as per this: https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/05/minutes-from-meeting-with-directors/

However we know this was delayed by a week:
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/june/pitch-renovations--2019/

The important thing is that it’s all sorted, but it would be good to know if there have been any issues and reasons for the delay.

Interesting that the meeting report lists the grass company as Premier Pitches and the OS news story says it's a company called idverde. Does the change in company account for the delay in the start of the works?
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 21:03 - Jul 1 with 1411 viewsjudd

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 20:51 - Jul 1 by finberty

Hush the violins.

And sometimes, even Rochdale AFC don't get to play on it themselves, due to its poor condition.

Why is everyone else a victim FFS?

Don't Rochdale postponements have to be sanctioned by an independent referee?

Login to get fewer ads

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 21:50 - Jul 1 with 1346 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 20:59 - Jul 1 by CockneyDale

Interesting that the meeting report lists the grass company as Premier Pitches and the OS news story says it's a company called idverde. Does the change in company account for the delay in the start of the works?

It might account for the current state of the pitch. Wayne Rooney's hair transplant gone wrong springs to mind.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 21:57 - Jul 1 with 1331 viewsjudd

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 21:50 - Jul 1 by mingthemerciless

It might account for the current state of the pitch. Wayne Rooney's hair transplant gone wrong springs to mind.

The pitch looked green to me on Saturday looking through the gates.

Is it really in a bad way, Ming?

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 22:04 - Jul 1 with 1323 viewstheforgttonman_

The man I comment along with the chairman where behind the other games getting called off. From what I got told a few months back slot of pressure was put on members of staff to get the games called off for football reasons. They need to be careful they don't breach contract as hornets did for fill there side by going away for 6 weeks. CEO is only out for himself
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024