Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Matt Done? 13:28 - Oct 23 with 3131 viewstruenorth

I'm not one to use this forum to attack the team or staff, so bear with me — but what does Matt Done offer us at the moment?

He looks like he doesn't know whether to stick or twist, he floats about the pitch, his defending is non-existent and has absolutely no confidence. As shown in the fluffing of two golden opportunities last night.

Perhaps time to take him out the starting eleven. Surely we have better?

TN

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Is Matt Done? on 13:48 - Oct 23 with 3066 viewsTomRAFC

Done did well to get into the positions he got into, but he didn't really look like scoring any of them.

Pyke is injured. Tavares is a great prospect, but I'd sooner see him coming off the bench at the moment. Alby won't be able to chase those balls down, and Calvin isn't much of a finisher.

Given that this set up has got us a few wins, I'd be inclined to leave Done where he is and hope he finds a bit of confidence.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Is Matt Done? on 14:31 - Oct 23 with 2968 viewsjonahwhereru

I believe the instinct is still there, because he does still get into the right areas. He clearly isn’t the player that went to Sheffield, because he is back with us. Said on the match thread that I prefer Done and Henderson, as it makes the midfield try and find the right ball, rather than lump it up to a target man.
Will Tavares become better than Done, possibly or may be even likely, but he ain’t there yet. By the end of the season I hope he has learned enough to challenge Done for a spot. As it stands give Done the assurance of a few consecutive starts, and let Tavares be used when a game becomes stretched and he can use his pace, and learn his trade of two small forwards who have scored a few between them.
Is Matt Done? on 14:58 - Oct 23 with 2908 views1907

Is Matt Done? on 13:48 - Oct 23 by TomRAFC

Done did well to get into the positions he got into, but he didn't really look like scoring any of them.

Pyke is injured. Tavares is a great prospect, but I'd sooner see him coming off the bench at the moment. Alby won't be able to chase those balls down, and Calvin isn't much of a finisher.

Given that this set up has got us a few wins, I'd be inclined to leave Done where he is and hope he finds a bit of confidence.

Agree with all of this.

Done should continue to start until at least Pyke is back.
Is Matt Done? on 16:41 - Oct 23 with 2726 viewsSandyDrum

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Is Matt Done? on 16:51 - Oct 23 with 2696 viewsboromat

Were you at the game on Tuesday TN? Done was one of our best players and he's been rushed back from injury. Never stopped running and got into some really dangerous areas. Yes he should have finished a few of his chances but that'll come with more match sharpness and confidence.

Hope he gets given a run in the team now!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Is Matt Done? on 17:14 - Oct 23 with 2644 viewstruenorth

Is Matt Done? on 16:51 - Oct 23 by boromat

Were you at the game on Tuesday TN? Done was one of our best players and he's been rushed back from injury. Never stopped running and got into some really dangerous areas. Yes he should have finished a few of his chances but that'll come with more match sharpness and confidence.

Hope he gets given a run in the team now!

Yes, as per boromat.
Clean through on goal from an MJW pass and a poor cut back just show his confidence is rock bottom. I can see him warming the bench for the rest of the season when we have a few players back.

TN

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Is Matt Done? on 17:20 - Oct 23 with 2624 viewsDaley_Lama

He’s been that in and out of the team in positions i’ve labelled him mr hokey-pokey.

Give him time playing more and more consecutive games and hopefully the calm sharpness all strikers wished they had (see Hendo’s lob v Accy) may start to come back.

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024