Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Bellamy Has Died 19:56 - Dec 11 with 2489 viewsdale1968

TV nature presenter David Bellamy has died at the age of 86.
Quite a charcter in his heyday.
RIP David

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

David Bellamy Has Died on 20:21 - Dec 11 with 2456 viewsKenBoon

I have fond memories of Bellamy's Bugle. He was one of those special broadcasters who could relay boring stuff (to kids) in a way they enjoyed. WIP (saw that on twitter and found it funny).
David Bellamy Has Died on 02:57 - Dec 12 with 2272 viewsfrenzied

David Bellamy Has Died on 20:21 - Dec 11 by KenBoon

I have fond memories of Bellamy's Bugle. He was one of those special broadcasters who could relay boring stuff (to kids) in a way they enjoyed. WIP (saw that on twitter and found it funny).

A life well lived..

Always enjoyed his shows..he in the same way as Magnus Pyke did for science made the subject interesting..

Far too many “beige” presenters nowadays.
David Bellamy Has Died on 08:19 - Dec 12 with 2200 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

"gwapple me grapenuts"
David Bellamy Has Died on 19:19 - Dec 12 with 2053 viewsfinberty

David Bellamy Has Died on 08:19 - Dec 12 by Albert_Whitehurst

"gwapple me grapenuts"

"Gwipenats" surely Albert?
David Bellamy Has Died on 19:46 - Dec 12 with 2030 viewsdalenumber2

He also was a climate change denier, dismissed global warming as “poppycock” and said there is “no actual proof” human activity was causing a rise in temperatures! Apparently this is why he ended up out of favour with the BBC.
David Bellamy Has Died on 13:58 - Dec 13 with 1931 viewsDorsetDale

David Bellamy Has Died on 19:46 - Dec 12 by dalenumber2

He also was a climate change denier, dismissed global warming as “poppycock” and said there is “no actual proof” human activity was causing a rise in temperatures! Apparently this is why he ended up out of favour with the BBC.

He ended up "out of favour" because he refused to go along with the official narrative! Once a darling of the bbc with kids and adults alike, as soon as he went down the path of attempting to determine truth from misinformation his days were numbered.

He actually said anthropogenic global warming is poppycock which it is. It's true that weather can be manipulated on a local scale simply because weather is the here and now. Climate change happens in cycles of millions and thousands of years due mostly to solar activity and given the length of time man has inhabited the earth is impossible for us to have any effect whatsoever.

Warnings about warming and cooling have been peddled over the last century depending which agenda is being pushed, only in the mid 70's were we being told an ice age was close.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/climate/climate-change-has-been-a-

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

David Bellamy Has Died on 14:05 - Dec 13 with 1921 viewsJames1980

Even if the vast majority of scientists are totally wrong. What is wrong with being more sustainable and breathing cleaner air?

RIP David Bellamy of course
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 14:06]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

David Bellamy Has Died on 14:27 - Dec 13 with 1896 viewsDorsetDale

David Bellamy Has Died on 14:05 - Dec 13 by James1980

Even if the vast majority of scientists are totally wrong. What is wrong with being more sustainable and breathing cleaner air?

RIP David Bellamy of course
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 14:06]

Nothing wrong with breathing cleaner air but that's just another logical fallacy used in such arguments! Pollution has nothing to do with climate.
Define "sustainable"

Vast majority of scientists? Do you mean, " vast majority of scientists working in government institutions/institutions reliant on government funding"? Because there are numerous scientists had funding removed because they refused to cowtow.

https://principia-scientific.org/debunking-the-97-climate-consensus-myth/

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Login to get fewer ads

David Bellamy Has Died on 14:35 - Dec 13 with 1893 viewsdalenumber2

David Bellamy Has Died on 14:27 - Dec 13 by DorsetDale

Nothing wrong with breathing cleaner air but that's just another logical fallacy used in such arguments! Pollution has nothing to do with climate.
Define "sustainable"

Vast majority of scientists? Do you mean, " vast majority of scientists working in government institutions/institutions reliant on government funding"? Because there are numerous scientists had funding removed because they refused to cowtow.

Are you saying that pollution and climate change are not closely related?
David Bellamy Has Died on 14:43 - Dec 13 with 1888 viewsJames1980

David Bellamy Has Died on 14:27 - Dec 13 by DorsetDale

Define "sustainable"

Are you saying people don't have their lives shortened by inhaling dirty air?

David Bellamy Has Died on 15:05 - Dec 13 with 1873 viewsDorsetDale

David Bellamy Has Died on 14:35 - Dec 13 by dalenumber2

Are you saying that pollution and climate change are not closely related?

It's a fact!!!

David Bellamy Has Died on 15:09 - Dec 13 with 1871 viewsDorsetDale

David Bellamy Has Died on 14:43 - Dec 13 by James1980

Are you saying people don't have their lives shortened by inhaling dirty air?

You need to understand what logical fallacies are.

How you can come close to even asking that question based on anything I've typed is beyond comprehension.

David Bellamy Has Died on 15:46 - Dec 13 with 1829 viewsJames1980

David Bellamy Has Died on 15:09 - Dec 13 by DorsetDale

You need to understand what logical fallacies are.

How you can come close to even asking that question based on anything I've typed is beyond comprehension.

Just answer the question dirty air leads to poorer health/quality of living yes or no?
Forget climate change I am not asking about that.

Anyway I am sure you are not, but the whole attitude towards using less is basically selfishness.

David Bellamy Has Died on 16:28 - Dec 13 with 1806 viewsDorsetDale

David Bellamy Has Died on 15:46 - Dec 13 by James1980

Just answer the question dirty air leads to poorer health/quality of living yes or no?

Anyway I am sure you are not, but the whole attitude towards using less is basically selfishness.

Which part of "nothing wrong with breathing cleaner air" don't you get? It's ***kin obvious. No one in their right mind would disagree.

You wrote of "majority of scientists" which I countered.. you ignore.
You mention "sustainable".. I ask for your definition.. you ignore and instead insinuate from god knows where that I don't think cleaner air equals better quality of life.

I'll make it easy for you:
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

David Bellamy Has Died on 16:48 - Dec 14 with 1697 viewsdalenumber2

David Bellamy Has Died on 16:28 - Dec 13 by DorsetDale

Which part of "nothing wrong with breathing cleaner air" don't you get? It's ***kin obvious. No one in their right mind would disagree.

You wrote of "majority of scientists" which I countered.. you ignore.
You mention "sustainable".. I ask for your definition.. you ignore and instead insinuate from god knows where that I don't think cleaner air equals better quality of life.

I'll make it easy for you:
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

I could post lots of links which would disagree with your 'facts'. Do you really deny that human activities are responsible for almost all of the increase in greenhouse gases in the atmosphere over the last 150 years?
David Bellamy Has Died on 18:49 - Dec 14 with 1658 viewssince58

David Bellamy Has Died on 15:46 - Dec 13 by James1980

Who do you work for.?
David Bellamy Has Died on 19:08 - Dec 14 with 1633 viewsDorsetDale

David Bellamy Has Died on 16:48 - Dec 14 by dalenumber2

I could post lots of links which would disagree with your 'facts'. Do you really deny that human activities are responsible for almost all of the increase in greenhouse gases in the atmosphere over the last 150 years?

Post away. If your links have any relevance I'll show you why they're wrong.

David Bellamy Has Died on 21:56 - Dec 14 with 1583 viewsJames1980

Let's agree to disagree. In the mean time, listen to this excellent live album

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024