Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When is support not really support? 11:03 - Jan 19 with 3955 viewsjonahwhereru

We all went to Wycombe yesterday to support the Dale, but what constitutes support?
The singers support to rouse the other followers and team cannot be doubted.
Me I am quieter these days looking at the set up, making the odd observation to me Dad. I celebrate goals and applaud good play a little.
Yesterday a chap close to me was verbally critical of virtually every passage of play in either attack or defence. I nearly fell of my chair when he conceded a Andrew header on target “was as good as he could have done with that”. He certainly didn’t like Tavares.
Then what about the people pleading, almost angrily for the ball to be moved forward all the time.
Or the person who simple has a completely negative view of a particular player so the player can never do anything right in their eyes.
All these types of supporters bring revenue to the club, and I guess we should be a broad church and all be welcomed. Or should they?
One thing for sure it can be a hard enough watch as it sometimes. If you are viewing through a negative lense I don’t know how those types can bear to turn up week in week out.

When is support not really support? on 11:23 - Jan 19 with 3900 viewstodmordendale

Cup half full or half empty. We all have differing views and see things with different eyes with what we want to see, but tolerance to those views is important.
It’s football, and was it Bill Shankley who said “some think football is a matter of life or death, but it’s more important than that”
I enjoy this forum and good post Jonah
When is support not really support? on 11:25 - Jan 19 with 3872 viewsD_Alien

Interesting OP Jonah

Worth remembering that a lot of it is fuelled by booze. I'm the same, much more vocal after a couple; some will have downed a fair bit more

I'd say its an opportunity to let off steam, but it can be really annoying when someone close by is being constantly negative. On the other hand, I've never been able to understand those who stay silent and still throughout, as if nothing were happening!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

When is support not really support? on 11:48 - Jan 19 with 3818 viewsrochdaleriddler

I guess the negative nellies actually enjoy it, as they reappear every week ! I’m glad in a way our ground is never full, as it means I can simply move away from people that annoy me. In the Sandy I never stand near the guy who shouts ‘down the channels’ and ‘kick it’ every 10 minutes. As DA says after a few beers most people get a lot louder, and depending on how the game is going get more behind the team or more critical

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

When is support not really support? on 11:59 - Jan 19 with 3794 viewsValleySaddler

When is support not really support? on 11:25 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

Interesting OP Jonah

Worth remembering that a lot of it is fuelled by booze. I'm the same, much more vocal after a couple; some will have downed a fair bit more

I'd say its an opportunity to let off steam, but it can be really annoying when someone close by is being constantly negative. On the other hand, I've never been able to understand those who stay silent and still throughout, as if nothing were happening!

The person in question yesterday was stone cold sober.
He turns up at a few away games usually Southern and is always the same.
The sort of chap who would see the black side of a lottery win...........
When is support not really support? on 12:32 - Jan 19 with 3720 viewsD_Alien

When is support not really support? on 11:59 - Jan 19 by ValleySaddler

Sounds just like the guy sat near me when we played Spurs at Wembley, moaning like hell even when we were competing against a top class team in the first half

I exercised my right to be vocal and told him in no uncertain terms he was out of order

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

When is support not really support? on 12:38 - Jan 19 with 3712 viewsTVOS1907

When is support not really support? on 11:59 - Jan 19 by ValleySaddler

Was it the guy from South Wales, who was abusing Akinfenwa for being an ex-Swansea player?

If so, I'm not sure he was a full shilling.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

When is support not really support? on 14:04 - Jan 19 with 3581 viewsValleySaddler

When is support not really support? on 12:38 - Jan 19 by TVOS1907

Was it the guy from South Wales, who was abusing Akinfenwa for being an ex-Swansea player?

If so, I'm not sure he was a full shilling.

No it wasn't the London Swansea fan............
When is support not really support? on 15:14 - Jan 19 with 3451 viewsDalenet

Football turretts is quite common at COA. I don't think some people realise they are shouting out sometimes. They are in the zone and just get carried away with themselves. You can hear some strange shouts coming out of the Sandy at times and from where I sit it must mean it is loud. God knows what the players think. Guess they are used to it.
Login to get fewer ads

When is support not really support? on 17:33 - Jan 19 with 3302 viewsJames1980

Isn't it this sort of thing Hill took issue with? The problem was it didn't come across he was just annoyed by a few individuals.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

When is support not really support? on 17:50 - Jan 19 with 3272 viewsforeverhopefulDale

When is support not really support? on 17:33 - Jan 19 by James1980

Isn't it this sort of thing Hill took issue with? The problem was it didn't come across he was just annoyed by a few individuals.

He’s in the wrong profession if he can’t handle that type of thing. Most managers, and indeed most people earning a living from the game, don’t pay attention to that sort of thing.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

When is support not really support? on 18:37 - Jan 19 with 3195 viewschalky_ncfc

It you've paid your money to get in then it's your right to shout at the players if they aren't performing even if those around you don't agree,it's a part of the experience of the game just like singing rude songs about the opposition,it's always been done since Victorian times and long may it continue

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

When is support not really support? on 01:00 - Jan 20 with 2989 viewssweetcorn

I'd quite enjoy seeing dale23years in the flesh at a rochdale game. it's probably been 12 years since he cracked a smile in spotland stadium, constant moaning and frantic typing on his phone posting negative comments on here during the game.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

When is support not really support? on 16:05 - Jan 25 with 2477 viewsMancDale

Yet another home game listening to miserable, know nothing, moaning tossers in the sandy. It's honestly more fun following the game on twitter these days.
When is support not really support? on 16:09 - Jan 25 with 2460 viewsJames1980

When is support not really support? on 16:05 - Jan 25 by MancDale

Yet another home game listening to miserable, know nothing, moaning tossers in the sandy. It's honestly more fun following the game on twitter these days.

Some folk get their dopamine hit from bursts of anger

When is support not really support? on 17:08 - Jan 25 with 2390 viewsrochdaleriddler

When is support not really support? on 16:05 - Jan 25 by MancDale

Been in sandy, thought fans were supportive

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

When is support not really support? on 17:35 - Jan 25 with 2354 viewsMancDale

When is support not really support? on 17:08 - Jan 25 by rochdaleriddler

Been in sandy, thought fans were supportive

To be fair the second half was much better.
When is support not really support? on 17:41 - Jan 25 with 2332 viewsJames1980

When is support not really support? on 17:35 - Jan 25 by MancDale

I agree

When is support not really support? on 08:32 - Jan 26 with 2175 views1907

When is support not really support? on 17:35 - Jan 25 by MancDale

The support tends to match the football to be fair.

Dooley was absolutely awful yesterday and there were plenty round me unhappy when he wasn’t subbed, them somehow scored a screamer?

Some other fans took great delight in the fact he had scored. I was absolutely chuffed for him, however his overall performance yesterday left a lot to be desired.
When is support not really support? on 10:26 - Jan 26 with 2085 viewsAtThePeake

I was one of those who was wondering how Dooley was still on the pitch, I thought he'd been awful. Then literally seconds later he produces that.

There was a lad a few rows back from me in the Main Stand who was sarcastically shouting "WELL DONE DOOLEY!" and clapping every time he lost the ball. Just as the cheering had died down after his equaliser I heard him shout it and clap again, this time minus the sarcasm. Great stuff.

Tangled up in blue.

When is support not really support? on 11:27 - Jan 26 with 2021 views1907

When is support not really support? on 10:26 - Jan 26 by AtThePeake

I was one of those who was wondering how Dooley was still on the pitch, I thought he'd been awful. Then literally seconds later he produces that.

There was a lad a few rows back from me in the Main Stand who was sarcastically shouting "WELL DONE DOOLEY!" and clapping every time he lost the ball. Just as the cheering had died down after his equaliser I heard him shout it and clap again, this time minus the sarcasm. Great stuff.

I can’t remember Dooley having a poorer game than that yesterday.

It really was a brilliant finish though
When is support not really support? on 12:54 - Jan 26 with 1944 viewsDaleiLama

When is support not really support? on 11:27 - Jan 26 by 1907

I can’t remember Dooley having a poorer game than that yesterday.

It really was a brilliant finish though

When Ollie was getting ready to come on we tried to predict who would be taken off. My comment was - Dooley's on his @rse all game and playing badly but he can produce that moment of magic so I'd leave him on. For the double sub I would have taken him off. Glad we have BBM as manager

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024