Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Superbowl week 18:27 - Jan 27 with 5637 viewsNigeriamark

I know there are a few fans on this site so I will start an early thread. Who do you think will win on Sunday, what do you think of this season and how did your teams do?

1. A cracking game all set up on Sunday. 1 team with a brilliant defence and running game v a team with a great offence and quarterback. Looking forward to it and I will go with the 49rs

2. A great season with some real young players breaking through and some great games. Loved watching the Ravens who blew up in the play offs & Lamar Jackson has been unbelievable. Mahommes had a great season again even if down on last year & the 49rs have been a big surprise

3. What can I say about the Browns other than FFS !!!. The biggest pre season hype in history , 3 midweek televised games and the expectation that they could perhaps go all the way to the SB. Finished 6-10 ( worse than last year), their best player suspended indefinitely for smacking an opponent on the head with a helmet, a QB who was ranked last, a head coach ( now fired) who didn't have a clue & the biggest let down in OBJ. Well there's always next season to look forward to !!
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 18:27]
Superbowl week on 17:56 - Jan 30 with 1710 viewsDaleiLama

Superbowl week on 18:51 - Jan 28 by richfoad32

The Fridge! I had a reason to research him recently and must admit he was far from the one season media wonder I thought he was. He actually had quite a solid ten year career including a season with the London Monarchs I have no memory of whatsoever. Thanks for posting his TD run as opposed to this shocking effort

Terrible music videos were all the rage in the mid 80's, I remember the Raiders and Cowboys jumping on the bandwagon as well.

Glad (and a little surprised) to hear Touchdown is still going, I used to buy it and Gridiron on a regular basis. I was also an AFRTS disciple, it was a perfect end to the weekend to fall asleep to on the rare occasions the reception was good, didn't matter who was playing.

Misled you there I'm afraid - it's Gridiron which is still going.

This is an interesting graphic for any fans who want to check where they stand cap/draft-wise

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Superbowl week on 20:13 - Jan 30 with 1671 viewsJumeirahDale

Superbowl week on 22:27 - Jan 28 by SuddenLad

Jesus.... are there actually people outside the USA that take this stuff seriously ??

It's a fantastic sport once you take the time to start following it regularly. Safety issues notwithstanding (which will continue to change the sport over the coming years) it is a great combination of both drama and strategy.

Texans fan myself, very disappointing end to the season and back office developments continue to be worrying for anyone not wanting us to waste a generational talent in Deshaun Watson. Bill O'Brien desperate to become Belicheck and is empire-building accordingly, but doesn't have the coaching ability to ever get there. We'll use all our cap space this offseason tying up Watson and Tunsil, and we have sod all in the next few drafts. I can't see anything other then 5 years of mediocrity coming.
Superbowl week on 21:18 - Jan 30 with 1638 viewspioneer

Superbowl week on 20:13 - Jan 30 by JumeirahDale

It's a fantastic sport once you take the time to start following it regularly. Safety issues notwithstanding (which will continue to change the sport over the coming years) it is a great combination of both drama and strategy.

Texans fan myself, very disappointing end to the season and back office developments continue to be worrying for anyone not wanting us to waste a generational talent in Deshaun Watson. Bill O'Brien desperate to become Belicheck and is empire-building accordingly, but doesn't have the coaching ability to ever get there. We'll use all our cap space this offseason tying up Watson and Tunsil, and we have sod all in the next few drafts. I can't see anything other then 5 years of mediocrity coming.

Only 5 years? There were kids born and grew up in buffalo without knowing that NFL continued in January.
Superbowl week on 00:58 - Feb 3 with 1545 viewsDaleiLama

Big stop on 3rd down just b4 the half there for the 9ers. Cheifs only converted 1 of 6 3rd downs this half. Interesting and pretty even first half and tough game to call this one. Going to catch up with recording of 2nd half in the morning.

Superbowl week on 06:56 - Feb 3 with 1478 viewsNigeriamark

Superbowl week on 00:58 - Feb 3 by DaleiLama

Big stop on 3rd down just b4 the half there for the 9ers. Cheifs only converted 1 of 6 3rd downs this half. Interesting and pretty even first half and tough game to call this one. Going to catch up with recording of 2nd half in the morning.

I was watching it live and my internet went down with about 6 mins remaining!!!! Won't say the score as I assume you don't know yet but very frustrating to have to watch it 3 hours later

Cracking game though with the second half in particular serving up a classic
Superbowl week on 11:07 - Feb 3 with 1407 viewssweetcorn

Mahomes is some player, was having a stinker until he decided to stop having a stinker and take over the game. First of many I’d imagine.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Superbowl week on 11:07 - Feb 3 with 1405 viewsDaleiLama

Superbowl week on 06:56 - Feb 3 by Nigeriamark

I was watching it live and my internet went down with about 6 mins remaining!!!! Won't say the score as I assume you don't know yet but very frustrating to have to watch it 3 hours later

Cracking game though with the second half in particular serving up a classic

Ouch. Yes, it really was a great match up. At 20-10, I was beginning to wonder if the 9ers front 4 (fantastic performance from them btw) would actually be enough and that Jimmy G (who played a really good game) could get them over the line, but in the end, the wily old fox and his magician young QB let rip. In all honesty, although you often can't see what's happening in the secondary on tv, I suspect from what the comms were saying that the Chiefs had lots of chances prior to Q4 but played a "safe" game for 3 quarters to avoid the risk of turnovers (even though they had 2) but when they took the restraints off, they proved to be unstoppable. Like much of the rest of the season. Glad for Andy Reid and Mahomes - really looks to be a good kid (bit like Luke but slightly more pizzazz).

Superbowl week on 11:25 - Feb 3 with 1392 viewsD_Alien

Given the turnaround in fortunes, i might just tune into the highlights show on BBC2 at 11.15pm

I'm never going to be a fan of the sport in the way some of you guys are, but watching any sporting comeback at the top level is worth a watch, imo

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Superbowl week on 11:55 - Feb 3 with 1371 viewsDaleiLama

Superbowl week on 11:25 - Feb 3 by D_Alien

Given the turnaround in fortunes, i might just tune into the highlights show on BBC2 at 11.15pm

I'm never going to be a fan of the sport in the way some of you guys are, but watching any sporting comeback at the top level is worth a watch, imo

Worth a watch, because highlights won't have as many stoppages, which tend to put off the "casual" fan.

Superbowl week on 15:12 - Feb 3 with 1330 viewsDaleiLama

Superbowl week on 22:27 - Jan 28 by SuddenLad

Jesus.... are there actually people outside the USA that take this stuff seriously ??

If you weren't that bothered, why did you shell out all that money for a ticket SL?

[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 15:12]

Superbowl week on 17:27 - Feb 3 with 1289 viewsNigeriamark

Superbowl week on 11:07 - Feb 3 by sweetcorn

Mahomes is some player, was having a stinker until he decided to stop having a stinker and take over the game. First of many I’d imagine.

It was interesting that they vote for the league MVP immediately after the regular season and before the playoffs ( Although they announce it later). Lamar Jackson quite rightly was the best up to that point. However the Ravens got knocked out with a whimper and Mahomes has engendered 3 comeback games with 2 of them from 3 scores behind and yesterday from 2 scores behind. Would probably have been MVP for a second time if the whole season was taken into account. I think his rookie contract runs out next year so I think a pretty big pay rise is on the horizon. I can see one of those crazy 5 year deals at over $50m a year on the cards
Superbowl week on 20:06 - Feb 3 with 1256 viewsisitme

Watched the game earlier and as a Chiefs supporter I'm obviously made up. The 49ers did well but in the fourth quarter Mahomes stepped up and did Mahomes things. Jones was also impactful. Bosa is a class player who made Fisher look average.
Superbowl week on 16:42 - Feb 4 with 1184 viewsDaleiLama

UK based team creeping ever nearer

Superbowl week on 17:45 - Feb 4 with 1129 viewsrochdaleriddler

https://www.facebook.com/253762111663529/posts/1054818071557925/?d=n

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024