Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh 15:04 - Mar 6 with 3431 viewsboromat

Has joined AFC Fylde on loan. Hope this sees him back to his best. Not sure what has gone on and if it is as rumoured an illness of some kind. But wish him well and hope he's now back to doing what he's done for us consistently over so many seasons.

Good Luck Josh!!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Josh on 16:49 - Mar 6 with 3231 viewsEllDale

Haha I wonder if Lynch gave Josh a glowing reference re the club and it's owner bearing in mind certain comments on Twitter the other week when Danny Rowe wanted to leave.....
Josh on 17:37 - Mar 6 with 3141 viewsTVOS1907

Josh on 16:49 - Mar 6 by EllDale

Haha I wonder if Lynch gave Josh a glowing reference re the club and it's owner bearing in mind certain comments on Twitter the other week when Danny Rowe wanted to leave.....

http://www.afcfylde.co.uk/lillis-its-the-right-fit-for-me/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Josh on 18:21 - Mar 6 with 3056 viewsboromat

Josh on 18:45 - Mar 6 with 2993 viewsToffeemanc

Hope everything works out for Josh been a good keeper for us over his time here. Probably won't see him again in a Dale shirt.

With Lynch coming to us from Fylde and Josh now going the other way I know who got the better deal and it certainly isn't Dale.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Josh on 19:02 - Mar 6 with 2952 viewsscarrow

Josh on 18:45 - Mar 6 by Toffeemanc

Hope everything works out for Josh been a good keeper for us over his time here. Probably won't see him again in a Dale shirt.

With Lynch coming to us from Fylde and Josh now going the other way I know who got the better deal and it certainly isn't Dale.

I know there's a bit of a Lillis love in sometimes and he's been a fantastic servant for the club but Sanchez is streets ahead of him. Non-league like a couple of other long term club servants is probably the correct level

Poll: Final position

Josh on 19:07 - Mar 6 with 2940 viewsSuddenLad

I am almost certain that he has been 'moved on', because if he plays another game, he will trigger a 12-month extension clause and the club want to look elsewhere for next season.

It suits both parties as things stand. Josh can resume playing and Dale can concentrate on finding a replacement.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Josh on 19:41 - Mar 6 with 2892 viewsToffeemanc

Josh on 19:02 - Mar 6 by scarrow

I know there's a bit of a Lillis love in sometimes and he's been a fantastic servant for the club but Sanchez is streets ahead of him. Non-league like a couple of other long term club servants is probably the correct level

Sanchez is clearly well ahead of Lillis and you won't find a single Dale fan who'll disagree.
The issue is Sanchez is never going to be here again next season and we signed Lynch who in my opinion is a lot worse than Lillis.
Will you be happy if we go into next season with Lynch as our first choice keeper?
I know I won't be as in my personal opinion Lillis is better than Lynch.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Josh on 19:50 - Mar 6 with 2859 views442Dale

Josh on 19:41 - Mar 6 by Toffeemanc

Sanchez is clearly well ahead of Lillis and you won't find a single Dale fan who'll disagree.
The issue is Sanchez is never going to be here again next season and we signed Lynch who in my opinion is a lot worse than Lillis.
Will you be happy if we go into next season with Lynch as our first choice keeper?

Much better. Putting contractual reasons to one side, Lillis has not only served the club well but he's also proven at L1 level over a number of years, including a very impressive run of form at the end of last season. And yes, Sanchez is a better keeper, but he's been at fault for his fair share of goals too.

Those are the facts, the rest is opinion.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Josh on 19:53 - Mar 6 with 2850 viewskiwidale

Josh on 17:37 - Mar 6 by TVOS1907

http://www.afcfylde.co.uk/lillis-its-the-right-fit-for-me/

Is there any addons?

This is not the time for bickering.

Josh on 20:08 - Mar 6 with 2819 viewsTVOS1907

Josh on 19:53 - Mar 6 by kiwidale

Is there any addons?

He's on loan.

Josh on 20:09 - Mar 6 with 2818 viewsTVOS1907

Josh on 19:07 - Mar 6 by SuddenLad

I am almost certain that he has been 'moved on', because if he plays another game, he will trigger a 12-month extension clause and the club want to look elsewhere for next season.

It suits both parties as things stand. Josh can resume playing and Dale can concentrate on finding a replacement.

I agree with your first point, SL, although it's never been confirmed officially. It's the only explanation that makes sense, especially given some of the silly rumours people were making up on other social media.

Josh on 20:48 - Mar 6 with 2750 viewstodmordendale

Sanchez has been undisputed first choice this season but I felt that Lillis probably comes before Lunch.
It will be good for him to get some game time again.
Josh on 20:52 - Mar 6 with 2735 viewsTVOS1907

Josh on 20:48 - Mar 6 by todmordendale

Sanchez has been undisputed first choice this season but I felt that Lillis probably comes before Lunch.

Lillis should have worn number 11 then.

Josh on 21:03 - Mar 6 with 2696 viewsDaleiLama

Josh on 20:48 - Mar 6 by todmordendale

Must be a bl00dy good spread!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Josh on 21:33 - Mar 6 with 2631 viewsboromat

I actually think Lynch is or at least will be better than Lillis given the chance. From a shot stopping point of view he seems very similar but Lynch's distribution is better than Josh's in my opinion.

Josh on 21:53 - Mar 6 with 2589 views442Dale

Josh on 21:33 - Mar 6 by boromat

I actually think Lynch is or at least will be better than Lillis given the chance. From a shot stopping point of view he seems very similar but Lynch's distribution is better than Josh's in my opinion.

Lillis' distribution was fine. Nothing special but decent.

If Lynch becomes our regular number 1 over a number of seasons I'd be very surprised. Especially if we stay in L1.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Josh on 04:13 - Mar 7 with 2424 viewsJames1980

With Sanchez signing an extension with Brighton he is clearly in their plans in the future. However he may not be the first or second choice keeper next season and may well go out on loan again, of course that might change if they are relegated.
If he is loaned out again next season will we be first in the queue or could it be a similar situation to the one with Hamilton?

On the Lillis he has been an excellent servant for the club and wish him the very best for the future.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Josh on 08:19 - Mar 7 with 2326 viewsboromat

Josh on 04:13 - Mar 7 by James1980

With Sanchez signing an extension with Brighton he is clearly in their plans in the future. However he may not be the first or second choice keeper next season and may well go out on loan again, of course that might change if they are relegated.
If he is loaned out again next season will we be first in the queue or could it be a similar situation to the one with Hamilton?

On the Lillis he has been an excellent servant for the club and wish him the very best for the future.

I think they'd be looking for him to play in the championship next season on loan or with them.

Josh on 08:33 - Mar 7 with 2308 viewsscarrow

Josh on 19:41 - Mar 6 by Toffeemanc

Yes

Poll: Final position

Josh on 19:04 - Mar 7 with 2031 viewsboromat

Clean sheet on his debut 👍

Josh on 19:28 - Mar 7 with 1964 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Josh on 19:04 - Mar 7 by boromat

Clean sheet on his debut 👍

Small steps, so well done Josh.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024