Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Up to a 200k loss 22:47 - Mar 10 with 3788 viewstruenorth

If we play the remaining six homes games behind closed doors...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51804544

TN

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Up to a 200k loss on 22:58 - Mar 10 with 3757 viewsDalenet

The other clubs are quoting much higher losses than us - because we don't have a lot of fans paying on the day. If we did have to play behind closed doors do clubs not have insurance, or will the Football League not find a way to support the clubs for some of the lost income? But then again there was no financial cover for the Bury game.

All a bit of a worry. I am a Trustee of a key charity and we are beginning to see a big drop in the volunteers reporting for shifts as they tend to be older and they don't want to come in.

I see the Accy Chairman talks about bigger risk being the loss of his fan base (I presume through death). Given the age of our fanbase, that would be a similar thought for us too.
Up to a 200k loss on 02:14 - Mar 11 with 3662 viewsChockers1

It would be great if the EFL gave free season passes to watch dale for those season ticket holders

I pay i think $250 kiwi a year to watch every dale game fantastic and should be FOC to season ticket holders
Up to a 200k loss on 13:19 - Mar 11 with 3385 viewstruenorth

Up to a 200k loss on 22:58 - Mar 10 by Dalenet

The other clubs are quoting much higher losses than us - because we don't have a lot of fans paying on the day. If we did have to play behind closed doors do clubs not have insurance, or will the Football League not find a way to support the clubs for some of the lost income? But then again there was no financial cover for the Bury game.

All a bit of a worry. I am a Trustee of a key charity and we are beginning to see a big drop in the volunteers reporting for shifts as they tend to be older and they don't want to come in.

I see the Accy Chairman talks about bigger risk being the loss of his fan base (I presume through death). Given the age of our fanbase, that would be a similar thought for us too.

didn't realise there was a need for keys to have a charity.

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Up to a 200k loss on 15:02 - Mar 11 with 3280 views49thseason

If they cancel the next 6 home fixtures, they will have to refund 30% of the season tickets money. We will have been cheated out of 7 of 23 games if they don't.
As it stands they haven't made any decision about refunding the bury game despite advertising that the Season Ticket would cover 23 games. Many will argue "so what"but there is a principle involved here. Other clubs have announced refunds etc. but not a dickey bird from Mr Bottomley on the subject, not even a polite request to be allowed to keep the money.
It's not right that they just hang on to the money already paid for a match (or now perhaps matches) that will not take place, Many on here were outraged at the BFC debacle over a concert that didn't happen, what's the difference?
Up to a 200k loss on 15:25 - Mar 11 with 3241 viewsrochdaleriddler

Up to a 200k loss on 15:02 - Mar 11 by 49thseason

If they cancel the next 6 home fixtures, they will have to refund 30% of the season tickets money. We will have been cheated out of 7 of 23 games if they don't.
As it stands they haven't made any decision about refunding the bury game despite advertising that the Season Ticket would cover 23 games. Many will argue "so what"but there is a principle involved here. Other clubs have announced refunds etc. but not a dickey bird from Mr Bottomley on the subject, not even a polite request to be allowed to keep the money.
It's not right that they just hang on to the money already paid for a match (or now perhaps matches) that will not take place, Many on here were outraged at the BFC debacle over a concert that didn't happen, what's the difference?

I think fans should be offered a refund, or some other compensation. I can’t see the fixtures being cancelled, more likely postponed though

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Up to a 200k loss on 15:35 - Mar 11 with 3230 viewsDaleiLama

Cheated? I spose Bury cheated. And next year's season ticket offer hasn't been announced yet. From what I understand, a lot of clubs are discounting next year's ST offer by an amount to cover the cost of the missed BFC fixture. Keep your powder dry a little longer until all the facts are out.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Up to a 200k loss on 15:53 - Mar 11 with 3195 viewsMass_Debater

Cheated? Yeah, it's the club's fault there's a worldwide virus and that bury FC were thrown out of the league, isn't it? Change the bloody record.
Up to a 200k loss on 16:47 - Mar 11 with 3113 viewsAncoats_Blue

Isn't this exactly what insurance is for?
Login to get fewer ads

Up to a 200k loss on 18:00 - Mar 11 with 3024 viewstony_roch975

Up to a 200k loss on 15:25 - Mar 11 by rochdaleriddler

I think fans should be offered a refund, or some other compensation. I can’t see the fixtures being cancelled, more likely postponed though

refund maybe... but if so let's get the blonde blimp to pay up, not our club

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Up to a 200k loss on 19:38 - Mar 11 with 2910 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Up to a 200k loss on 18:00 - Mar 11 by tony_roch975

refund maybe... but if so let's get the blonde blimp to pay up, not our club

And yet again political views appear.

The efl should be in a position to cover any losses and do so, it has nothing to do with the government really, it’s hardly their fault that a pandemic has happened, it’s the EFL’s role to protect and help its members, when suitable (eg not bURY).

If we have to play behind closed doors, and live footage is available to season ticket holders I would say that would be acceptable in the current circumstances. Maybe offer a pay per view option as well to negate some losses.

How many season ticket holders will choose not to attend anyway if things continue to spread?

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Up to a 200k loss on 19:50 - Mar 11 with 2891 viewstony_roch975

Up to a 200k loss on 19:38 - Mar 11 by Thacks_Rabbits

And yet again political views appear.

The efl should be in a position to cover any losses and do so, it has nothing to do with the government really, it’s hardly their fault that a pandemic has happened, it’s the EFL’s role to protect and help its members, when suitable (eg not bURY).

If we have to play behind closed doors, and live footage is available to season ticket holders I would say that would be acceptable in the current circumstances. Maybe offer a pay per view option as well to negate some losses.

How many season ticket holders will choose not to attend anyway if things continue to spread?

absolutely comrade - if it's reasonable to ask tax payers to cover the 'losses' of private employers who have to fund sick pay (another 'marxist lunacy') of those who are protecting their fellow citizens from harm why not the 'losses' of lower league football clubs who have to fund stay-away fans. If the efl should be in a position to cover losses, so should private sector bosses!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Up to a 200k loss on 19:51 - Mar 11 with 2887 views49thseason

"How many season ticket holders will choose not to attend anyway if things continue to spread?"
That is a choice anyone can make at anytime , but the match will go ahead. Stopping fans from watching a game by simply not paying it having taken money for it is completely different.
Playing games behind closed doors is a poor substitute for attending live matches which is what we all contracted for when we bought season tickets but in the current circumstances is a possible compromise but what happens if the players are isolated at home too?
Up to a 200k loss on 19:54 - Mar 11 with 2872 views442Dale

Up to a 200k loss on 19:51 - Mar 11 by 49thseason

"How many season ticket holders will choose not to attend anyway if things continue to spread?"
That is a choice anyone can make at anytime , but the match will go ahead. Stopping fans from watching a game by simply not paying it having taken money for it is completely different.
Playing games behind closed doors is a poor substitute for attending live matches which is what we all contracted for when we bought season tickets but in the current circumstances is a possible compromise but what happens if the players are isolated at home too?

They play FIFA20 live on YouTube to determine the final standings.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Up to a 200k loss on 20:02 - Mar 11 with 2842 viewsMass_Debater

Up to a 200k loss on 19:51 - Mar 11 by 49thseason

It isn't the club who would be stopping fans (or, in this case, you) from attending, though, is it?
Up to a 200k loss on 20:06 - Mar 11 with 2834 viewsjudd

Force majeure would trump any insurance claims

Poll: What is it to be then?

Up to a 200k loss on 20:43 - Mar 11 with 2783 views49thseason

Up to a 200k loss on 20:02 - Mar 11 by Mass_Debater

It isn't the club who would be stopping fans (or, in this case, you) from attending, though, is it?

I'm not sure you read what I wrote.
If a game is behind closed doors, fans are not allowed in, therefore my ticket cannot be used and I am due a refund, regardless of who made that decision. if the club is insured, they will make a claim for my refund on their insurers, if not they are responsible for repaying my ticket's value. I am pretty sure its illegal to take money for a product and then not supply the product and not offer a refund or some sort of alternative. If the match is played behind closed doors but streamed, then a stream of the game might be an acceptable compromise, but there is no guarantee that everyone who attends matches with a season ticket has the ability to watch a streamed game at home.
Up to a 200k loss on 20:52 - Mar 11 with 2764 viewsMass_Debater

Up to a 200k loss on 20:43 - Mar 11 by 49thseason

If a game is behind closed doors, fans are not allowed in, therefore my ticket cannot be used and I am due a refund, regardless of who made that decision. if the club is insured, they will make a claim for my refund on their insurers, if not they are responsible for repaying my ticket's value. I am pretty sure its illegal to take money for a product and then not supply the product and not offer a refund or some sort of alternative. If the match is played behind closed doors but streamed, then a stream of the game might be an acceptable compromise, but there is no guarantee that everyone who attends matches with a season ticket has the ability to watch a streamed game at home.

I can read thanks. I can read that you're being bloody selfish.

Me, my, mine.
Up to a 200k loss on 20:58 - Mar 11 with 2745 views442Dale

Up to a 200k loss on 20:43 - Mar 11 by 49thseason

We’d all hope football authorities would get involved and help the clubs if things like insurance don’t cover such scenarios. If not, it’ll be up to individuals, but in a situation like that the club (and many of our size) would be having real issues around loss of income, and as supporters we’d have a part to play wherever possible.

That money for season tickets has been spent, personally I can’t see where in such unavoidable circumstances why I’d want to have the money back because we can’t watch the games. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Up to a 200k loss on 03:20 - Mar 12 with 2628 viewsPeaky

Up to a 200k loss on 20:58 - Mar 11 by 442Dale

We’d all hope football authorities would get involved and help the clubs if things like insurance don’t cover such scenarios. If not, it’ll be up to individuals, but in a situation like that the club (and many of our size) would be having real issues around loss of income, and as supporters we’d have a part to play wherever possible.

That money for season tickets has been spent, personally I can’t see where in such unavoidable circumstances why I’d want to have the money back because we can’t watch the games. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

I would imagine that season ticket holders will be given a free pass to watch the live game on Ifollow. Not sure on the current price difference between the actual price of the matchday ticket vs the stream per game but i cannot imagine there is a huge difference.

At the end of the day, looking at the government strategy to deal with the virus pandemic and seeing what it has done to countries like Italy, not getting a few pounds compensation will be the least of many peoples worries.
Up to a 200k loss on 07:08 - Mar 12 with 2572 viewsTipperaryDale

What does the majority of season ticket income go on? Players' wages.

If we are forced to play behind closed doors, those players will still need paying.

RAFC might be down £200k because of this, and you want to take more money out of the club? What planet are you in.

This pandemic will probably need a lot of self-sacrifice on everyone's part - this is just the part Dale fans will have to play; we gave our money to our club, not the club's fault if they have to cancel or play games behind closed doors.
Up to a 200k loss on 07:32 - Mar 12 with 2554 viewsMass_Debater

Up to a 200k loss on 07:08 - Mar 12 by TipperaryDale

What does the majority of season ticket income go on? Players' wages.

If we are forced to play behind closed doors, those players will still need paying.

RAFC might be down £200k because of this, and you want to take more money out of the club? What planet are you in.

This pandemic will probably need a lot of self-sacrifice on everyone's part - this is just the part Dale fans will have to play; we gave our money to our club, not the club's fault if they have to cancel or play games behind closed doors.

Precisely.
Up to a 200k loss on 08:53 - Mar 12 with 2513 viewsjudd

Mark Palios was on the radio this morning and said re: refunding season ticket holders that it would depend on the terms and conditions of the sale of the ticket, but did acknowledge the special place in the football club of a season ticket holder.

I would expect force majeure would come into play. The decision to play without fans is totally out of the hands of the club.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024