Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm 14:21 - May 11 with 16041 viewsaleanddale

How well do you think Boris came across on Sunday night?.

Bit bizarre that instead of making things crystal clear and asking for another push together the whole charade was shrouded in ambiguity.

5/10 from me.
Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 15:52 - May 14 with 1800 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 13:04 - May 14 by D_Alien

Just as an aside, i have a theory about hay fever nasal sprays

I use one from about March to October, have done for 20-odd years (much more effective than anti-histamine tablets, and with no side effects)

It struck me that the formulation could help block entry of viruses through the nose. I've never had a cold during those months since i started using them

Don’t tell Trump /Boris or that will be policy tomorrow. On a serious note I use vicks first defence nasal spray at the first sign of a cold, and mine never develop. I’m sure it shouldn’t work but it does for me, which hay fever spray do you use, I’m on 3 antihistamines a day atm, and they are doing fool all

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 16:17 - May 14 with 1764 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 15:50 - May 14 by DaleiLama

You don’t get many of them to the pound.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 16:32 - May 14 with 1753 viewsrochdaleriddler

It would appear people can’t be trusted to use common sense , Dovestones this afternoon is gridlocked with cars. Police powerless to deal with it. So our wait for footy and the pub will be going on for a very long time

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 16:59 - May 14 with 1716 viewsD_Alien

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 14:17 - May 14 by foreverhopefulDale

Or how sensitive some people are “I am not racist but don’t mention foreigners “.

Eh?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 17:06 - May 14 with 1703 viewsncfc_chalky

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 14:46 - May 14 by BigDaveMyCock

Yes, as long as the humour is post-modern, situationist and existentialist in form.
Or something about big knockers, I like them n’all.

Funniest thing I've read all week

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 17:31 - May 14 with 1683 viewsD_Alien

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 15:52 - May 14 by rochdaleriddler

Don’t tell Trump /Boris or that will be policy tomorrow. On a serious note I use vicks first defence nasal spray at the first sign of a cold, and mine never develop. I’m sure it shouldn’t work but it does for me, which hay fever spray do you use, I’m on 3 antihistamines a day atm, and they are doing fool all

Sorry riddler, missed this after seeing foreverhopeful's post which *appears* to suggest i'm some kind of racist

I use Beconase, but whatever you do don't buy it from a chemist, most supermarkets sell it a fair bit cheaper

Start off with two sprays up each nostril for a couple of days to let it build up, then just one should be needed first thing in the morning

I started off using oral antihistamines, and they did fk all for me too so thought i'd try the spray and did the trick like i never had hay fever in the first place. Except, when you sit in a pub garden (here's hoping) in the middle of summer, the first drink you take will start you sneezing like hell, but then it just stops again about half way down the first pint!

Let me know if you try it, and how you get on

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 17:39 - May 14 with 1669 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 16:59 - May 14 by D_Alien

Eh?

You talked about how sensitive some issues are, I said that some people are sensitive.
I then was talking about how some claim not to be racist but don’t want it mentioned about how foreigners can be very positive, they only like negativity about foreigners, but they claim they are not racist.

Edit, just seen your above post. In no way was I suggesting you are in anyway racist, sorry if you misunderstood my post.
[Post edited 14 May 2020 17:42]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 17:45 - May 14 with 1659 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 17:31 - May 14 by D_Alien

Sorry riddler, missed this after seeing foreverhopeful's post which *appears* to suggest i'm some kind of racist

I use Beconase, but whatever you do don't buy it from a chemist, most supermarkets sell it a fair bit cheaper

Start off with two sprays up each nostril for a couple of days to let it build up, then just one should be needed first thing in the morning

I started off using oral antihistamines, and they did fk all for me too so thought i'd try the spray and did the trick like i never had hay fever in the first place. Except, when you sit in a pub garden (here's hoping) in the middle of summer, the first drink you take will start you sneezing like hell, but then it just stops again about half way down the first pint!

Not at all in anyway suggested you are racist.

Login to get fewer ads

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 18:08 - May 14 with 1629 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 17:31 - May 14 by D_Alien

Usually ant histamine and eye drops work for me, but don’t seem to be this year, I’ve ordered some off amazon £4 . Cheers

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 18:19 - May 14 with 1602 viewsD_Alien

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 17:45 - May 14 by foreverhopefulDale

Not at all in anyway suggested you are racist.

Ok

Can you point me in the direction of that quote? Which thread, time & date, thanks

Edit: i'm not on a witch hunt, i'm not looking to get anyone into any trouble, i'd just like to check the context of that quote, for the sake of clarity, if you don't mind
[Post edited 14 May 2020 18:56]

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 19:14 - May 14 with 1550 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 18:19 - May 14 by D_Alien

Ok

Can you point me in the direction of that quote? Which thread, time & date, thanks

Edit: i'm not on a witch hunt, i'm not looking to get anyone into any trouble, i'd just like to check the context of that quote, for the sake of clarity, if you don't mind
[Post edited 14 May 2020 18:56]

No one to my knowledge has made that exact quote, on here. I was paraphrasing. There are those that seemingly don’t like to see positive comments about foreign people, and only have negative things to say about them.

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 19:53 - May 14 with 1503 viewsD_Alien

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 19:14 - May 14 by foreverhopefulDale

No one to my knowledge has made that exact quote, on here. I was paraphrasing. There are those that seemingly don’t like to see positive comments about foreign people, and only have negative things to say about them.

Ok, and i accept what you're saying about "there are those"

The thing is this: i half-recognise that quote, so although i'm not certain, it may have been something posted in response to another post about someone doing "foreigners" i.e. work outside their normal employment, usually cash in hand

A daft way of putting things, for sure, but we're both right about how certain sensitivities can lead people to misconstrue context and intent

[Post edited 14 May 2020 19:58]

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 20:21 - May 14 with 1472 viewsDaleiLama

Interesting piece on Paediatric Inflammatory Multisystem Syndrome on BBC news. Immune system overload, much like Covid pneumonia-type response, but can cause heart damage in kids. So whilst the numbers are still on their side %-wise, they are certainly not invulnerable.

Also interesting that 1 in 4 deaths were in patients with diabetes. Since diabetes can be a life-style illness in many cases, not surprising after the previous linkage between Covid deaths and obesity I guess.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 20:58 - May 14 with 1440 viewsTVOS1907

I can't help but think there's an awful lot of point-missing in the latter stages of this thread!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 21:09 - May 14 with 1431 viewsforeverhopefulDale

It’s understandable teachers and their Unions being apprehensive about returning, as it’s seen as a fairly high risk profession for catching the disease. I for one will defend their or any worker’s right to not return to work if they feel unsafe, either in work or getting to or from work .
I am lucky, to have still been in work, but in a very large workplace in which social distancing has been easy to implement, partly down to Union input, but many are not in that position.

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 21:51 - May 14 with 1392 viewsD_Alien

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 20:58 - May 14 by TVOS1907

I can't help but think there's an awful lot of point-missing in the latter stages of this thread!

You're making it sound like the latter stages of Hilly's tenure!

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 21:56 - May 14 with 1384 viewsDaleiLama

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 20:58 - May 14 by TVOS1907

I'll take that over point-scoring

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 22:07 - May 14 with 1366 viewsTVOS1907

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 21:51 - May 14 by D_Alien

You're making it sound like the latter stages of Hilly's tenure!

Good, erm, point.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 06:46 - May 15 with 1261 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 20:21 - May 14 by DaleiLama

Interesting piece on Paediatric Inflammatory Multisystem Syndrome on BBC news. Immune system overload, much like Covid pneumonia-type response, but can cause heart damage in kids. So whilst the numbers are still on their side %-wise, they are certainly not invulnerable.

Also interesting that 1 in 4 deaths were in patients with diabetes. Since diabetes can be a life-style illness in many cases, not surprising after the previous linkage between Covid deaths and obesity I guess.

As a diabetic I was curious about this. The findings didn’t state whether type one or two, type one certainly isn’t about lifestyle, and not all type two is. However it was thought it was probably because of the likelihood of complications in diabetes such as organ damage to the heart and kidneys . I can only hope that keeping my sugar levels right and taking vitamin D mitigates my risk to some extent!

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 06:56 - May 15 with 1255 viewsDaleiLama

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 06:46 - May 15 by rochdaleriddler

As a diabetic I was curious about this. The findings didn’t state whether type one or two, type one certainly isn’t about lifestyle, and not all type two is. However it was thought it was probably because of the likelihood of complications in diabetes such as organ damage to the heart and kidneys . I can only hope that keeping my sugar levels right and taking vitamin D mitigates my risk to some extent!

Indeed. They are still learning about it all the time.

Speaking of organ damage, the issue with children seems to be akin to something called Kawasaki syndrome which seems to be on the rise in the US and also seen in Italy.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31103-X/fullt

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 08:48 - May 15 with 1227 viewsDaleiLama

The future of dining out ……… garden centres could do well out of this

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/amsterdam-greenhouse-soc

Pubs opening in NSW, Oz too. Only 10 people (diners) allowed in one room. Sounded a bit giddy!

Edit: Hope the food wasn't this bad?

[Post edited 15 May 2020 8:51]

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 10:50 - May 15 with 1172 viewsroccydaleian

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 20:21 - May 14 by DaleiLama

I know a few people who are type 2 diabetics and obese and won’t do anything to help themselves by losing weight which could rid them of it. They also complain about NHS funding, but bizarrely won’t do anything to help the situation and lessen the burden on the NHS. A bit selfish imo.
Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 10:54 - May 15 with 1165 viewsisitme

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 10:50 - May 15 by roccydaleian

I know a few people who are type 2 diabetics and obese and won’t do anything to help themselves by losing weight which could rid them of it. They also complain about NHS funding, but bizarrely won’t do anything to help the situation and lessen the burden on the NHS. A bit selfish imo.

It is a bit like the pan clappers who I see near me who then go into the garden and smoke, are drinking loads and having their friends and family round, in breach of lockdown!
Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 12:27 - May 15 with 1124 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 10:54 - May 15 by isitme

It is a bit like the pan clappers who I see near me who then go into the garden and smoke, are drinking loads and having their friends and family round, in breach of lockdown!

Exactly, and people who drive too fast and crash and require treatment for their injuries, or mountain climbers who fall

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 12:28 - May 15 with 1122 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boris update - Sunday 10th May at 7pm on 10:50 - May 15 by roccydaleian

Your hero Boris is obese, same BMI as me, what a selfish bastard

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024