Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? 00:16 - May 19 with 10376 viewsNorthYorksDale

I recently got a mention in my sons weekly school newsletter related to me being a Dale fan.
The school has recently been connecting with ex pupils and in last weeks edition one James Proctor suggested he’d be the only ex pupil of the school ever to play professional football for Rochdale. I’ll be honest I had to look him up and it seems he had 1 start and a couple of sub appearances in the 95/96 season before he moved on to play in the US.

The story went onto suggest that not only would James be the only pupil to play for Rochdale but that in all likelihood I would be the only Rochdale fan to live in Yorkshire!!

If you’re now located located on the dark side or have lived over these parts for any period please let me know the town and how many Dale fans in your household so I can set the record straight with a strongly worded response to the editor in chief !!
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 19:54 - May 19 with 2189 viewsncfc_chalky

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 19:37 - May 19 by James1980

Mostly the job, I quite like travelling by train but not an enthusiast. That was an easy search on national rail to find that address.

I knew somebody who worked at Nottingham station and he loved trains and all that went with it and there was only going to be one place that he was going to for,I must be one of the few people that's never been on a train,couldn't afford it when younger and when I got my driver's license I got a car,I can't even remember going into a railway station if I'm honest

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 19:55 - May 19 with 2187 viewskel

What about a tram?
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 20:06 - May 19 with 2165 viewsncfc_chalky

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 19:55 - May 19 by kel

What about a tram?

Aye I've been on a Blackpool tram,does that count as a train?

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 20:24 - May 19 with 2150 viewspioneer

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 18:35 - May 19 by James1980

The railway station is listed as being in West Yorkshire
https://internal.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/TOD/details.html

Didnt we offer to redraw the boundary so that Tod returned to God’s county in exchange for them acquiring a plot of land on the other side of Heywood?

Yorksher folk always took quantity over quality and it would increase the number of FA Cups they have won.
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 20:48 - May 19 with 2123 viewsjudd

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 19:54 - May 19 by ncfc_chalky

I knew somebody who worked at Nottingham station and he loved trains and all that went with it and there was only going to be one place that he was going to for,I must be one of the few people that's never been on a train,couldn't afford it when younger and when I got my driver's license I got a car,I can't even remember going into a railway station if I'm honest

Don't you work with your hobby, chalky lad, or is it cockatoos?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 20:54 - May 19 with 2123 viewsJames1980

My Dad worked in London and a perk of the annual season ticket was he could take me on the Network South East/Central area for £1.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 20:55 - May 19 with 2119 viewsTVOS1907

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 18:35 - May 19 by James1980

The railway station is listed as being in West Yorkshire
https://internal.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/TOD/details.html

Yet the cricket team, which is closer to Burnley than the railway station, play in the Lancashire League...

The Lancs/Yorks boundary runs through the centre of Tod, somewhere around the Town Hall.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 20:57 - May 19 with 2112 viewsncfc_chalky

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 20:48 - May 19 by judd

Don't you work with your hobby, chalky lad, or is it cockatoos?

I had to think about that for a second and no that wasn't my hobby as well you know

Login to get fewer ads

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 20:58 - May 19 with 2108 viewsisitme

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 19:55 - May 19 by kel

What about a tram?

Watch out for trams they are bloody dangerous!
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 22:12 - May 19 with 2050 viewsfinberty

Lived in Halifax from 1990 to 1995.

Used to travel to Spotland in the days of listening to Brendan Pittaway ('Scouse in the House' according to Wagg) and then Mike Brookes on GMR covering Dale.

In those pre-t'internet days, I regularly used the Rochdale ClubCall feature (or was it ClubLine) - a premium-rate tape recording, apparently on an answerphone, to find out who Dolan / Sutton/ Docherty had signed. That was how I found we'd signed Martin Hodge as keeper, a big name in those days.
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 22:14 - May 19 with 2047 viewsTVOS1907

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 22:12 - May 19 by finberty

Lived in Halifax from 1990 to 1995.

Used to travel to Spotland in the days of listening to Brendan Pittaway ('Scouse in the House' according to Wagg) and then Mike Brookes on GMR covering Dale.

In those pre-t'internet days, I regularly used the Rochdale ClubCall feature (or was it ClubLine) - a premium-rate tape recording, apparently on an answerphone, to find out who Dolan / Sutton/ Docherty had signed. That was how I found we'd signed Martin Hodge as keeper, a big name in those days.

Big phone bill as well!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 23:01 - May 19 with 2013 viewsfinberty

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 22:14 - May 19 by TVOS1907

Big phone bill as well!

Very true TVOS.
That might have been the reason for agreeing to 'do the finances' so I could intercept the itemized BT bill. Thank God for Tim Berners-Lee.
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 23:49 - May 19 with 1974 viewsD_Alien

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 23:01 - May 19 by finberty

Very true TVOS.
That might have been the reason for agreeing to 'do the finances' so I could intercept the itemized BT bill. Thank God for Tim Berners-Lee.

Good to see at least one Bernie emerging with some credit from today's musings

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 01:37 - May 20 with 1945 viewsLS27Rdale

You can add me to it....Been over here since 2012....

Place called Morley....And there are at least another2 in Morley
[Post edited 20 May 2020 1:39]
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 07:33 - May 20 with 1889 viewsEllDale

There used to be a story that half of Todmorden Town Hall is in Lancashire and the other half in Yorkshire but that may have changed.
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 10:01 - May 20 with 1835 viewsSheffdale

As you can probably tell from my user name, I live in Sheffield. We moved here with work in 1987 and love it. Even had a Wednesday season ticket for one year; pressure from a son is my excuse. We're in the south west of Sheffield so easy access to the Snake Pass! Looks like there are almost as many Yorkshire Daleys as in the borough itself!
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 10:30 - May 20 with 1825 viewslyberoc

I lived in Harrogate 1971-1990 , I went to school with Eugene Martinez who played for the Dale .Bradford City was the closest ground where we could watch the Dale although we did have regular trips "over the tops" for home matches
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 11:41 - May 20 with 1777 viewsyorkshirefan

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 09:47 - May 19 by DaleiLama

I lived in Lower Wyke just outside Brighouse for slightly less than a year. It were graaaate. Everything was bigger, cheaper, more of it and the air was so much clearer and the countryside much more picturesque - truly God' s own country. To prove this, they even had their own (country) listing in the medal charts during the 2012 Olympics.

Then my job changed and I gave notice on the let to buy deal I'd started and thankfully moved back to the right side of the pennines just under 18 miles from Spotland.

Quick note to Chalky instead of doing two replies - cold naan bread (as long as it hasn't dried out) with butter and topping of your choice is a good brekker option.

Oh and some Yorkshire beer is quite good (he says begrudgingly, whilst some is also really bad too)

Lower Wyke, now there is a blink and you'll miss it place. We lived in Wyke for a while and my Mum worked at Blankney Grange, in fact I cycled through Lower Wyke at the weekend.

I live in the Spen Valley near Cleckheaton now, home to Joe Cooke (or at least his gym), and there are 5 season ticket holders and one lifelong Sandy regular that I know of around here.
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 12:04 - May 20 with 1765 viewsMasher

Hi all. Lived in Rotherham since 2004. My daughter is a Dale fan and i know of at least one other in Rotherham that supports the Dale

Up The Dale!!

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 12:10 - May 20 with 1751 viewstony_roch975

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 17:01 - May 19 by leedsdale

I moved to Leeds when I came to Uni in 2000 and have stayed ever since, currently living in Menston on the northern outskirts

Menston's posh - are you in the Bradford or Leeds Council part?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 12:33 - May 20 with 1735 viewsrochdaleriddler

I’ve just swapped my gas/electricity to Yorkshire energy!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 07:51 - May 23 with 1607 viewssmaclad1

You lot are going nowhere!

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/coronavirus-quarantine-yorkshire-london_u
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 10:57 - May 23 with 1565 viewsWalboro

Your right about Todmorden Town Hall the Boundary went straight through the dance floor until they moved the boundary
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 12:46 - May 23 with 1542 viewsrafc1984

Live in Sheffield, have done for 25 years.
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 15:58 - May 23 with 1488 viewsguiseleyfan

I was born in Yorkshire before the war and lived near Hollingworth Lake for a while. My employment took me to Berkshire in the mid-sixties when supporting the Dale was limited to their fixtures at Reading’s Elm Park and Aldershot’s Recreation Ground. I always vowed to come back to Yorkshire on retirement which I did in 2001. Since then, I have crossed the Pennines to Spotland as a season-ticket holder. Both my sons are regular contributors to the message board
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024