Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Smiths Pubs 18:17 - Jul 4 with 7691 viewsblackdogblue

Just heard they are reopening from Monday & adding a £1 to every drink, draught, spirits, wine & soft drinks... 😯 ... WTF???

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Sam Smiths Pubs on 18:51 - Jul 4 with 3898 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Disgusting if true, still though plenty of other drinking alternatives available, if Sam Smith customers don’t want to pay the prices.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Sam Smiths Pubs on 18:57 - Jul 4 with 3879 viewsonedalefan

I bet that they are not the only ones putting their prices up.
Sam Smiths Pubs on 19:00 - Jul 4 with 3874 viewsncfc_chalky

I find it astounding that these pubs are still running what with the owners dictating what can and can't be done in them nevermind the price incease,go elsewhere where you're allowed to answer yer phone if you want to without fear of being chucked out,it's a mad business plan,having said that.....

I have been given a £20 voucher for a real ale shop in Newark and when I looked online to see what they sold i noticed that there was a few Sam Smith's ales available,any worth trying?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Sam Smiths Pubs on 19:11 - Jul 4 with 3852 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Sam Smiths Pubs on 19:00 - Jul 4 by ncfc_chalky

I find it astounding that these pubs are still running what with the owners dictating what can and can't be done in them nevermind the price incease,go elsewhere where you're allowed to answer yer phone if you want to without fear of being chucked out,it's a mad business plan,having said that.....

I have been given a £20 voucher for a real ale shop in Newark and when I looked online to see what they sold i noticed that there was a few Sam Smith's ales available,any worth trying?

In my opinion, there will be many better to try than Sam Smiths.
Is there any Phoenix Brewery ones?

Sam Smiths Pubs on 19:22 - Jul 4 with 3829 viewsHealeyDale

Can’t stand Sam Smiths
Give me a pint of Robinson’s, Marstons or Black Sheep any day!
Sam Smiths Pubs on 19:37 - Jul 4 with 3781 viewsblackdogblue

Sam Smiths Pubs on 19:00 - Jul 4 by ncfc_chalky

No mate, it’s a very acquired taste like JWL another local brewery. At least JWL do some promotional real ales, at the Dog it is all keg vs cask or whatever that means, I’m sure others on here will put me right as don’t drink real ale, just lager...

Ps, fook off to Newark, do they have a league team?

Sam Smiths Pubs on 20:11 - Jul 4 with 3709 viewsncfc_chalky

Sam Smiths Pubs on 19:11 - Jul 4 by foreverhopefulDale

In my opinion, there will be many better to try than Sam Smiths.
Is there any Phoenix Brewery ones?

I entered Phoenix into the shops search and surprisingly Magpie Phoenix was the only one to come up,I may give it a try but I will leave the Sam Smith's,the shop is called The Real Ale Store but I couldn't manage a link,I will pop up there in a couple of weeks or so

Sam Smiths Pubs on 20:13 - Jul 4 with 3706 viewsncfc_chalky

Sam Smiths Pubs on 19:37 - Jul 4 by blackdogblue

No mate, it’s a very acquired taste like JWL another local brewery. At least JWL do some promotional real ales, at the Dog it is all keg vs cask or whatever that means, I’m sure others on here will put me right as don’t drink real ale, just lager...

Ps, fook off to Newark, do they have a league team?

Newark is a Notts support hotspot for some reason.....

So No

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Smiths Pubs on 20:37 - Jul 4 with 3657 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Sam Smiths Pubs on 20:11 - Jul 4 by ncfc_chalky

I entered Phoenix into the shops search and surprisingly Magpie Phoenix was the only one to come up,I may give it a try but I will leave the Sam Smith's,the shop is called The Real Ale Store but I couldn't manage a link,I will pop up there in a couple of weeks or so

I had a look , and I don’t think it’s the Pheonix Brewery of Heywood, Rochdale. They have beer in cans, to me that is not a way to have real ale. Having it out of a bottle is just about doable or ok, as a substitute for having it out of a hand pump.

Is Magpie a local to Nottingham area , Brewery? I am presuming it is. Are they any good?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 20:39]

Sam Smiths Pubs on 20:45 - Jul 4 with 3621 viewsncfc_chalky

Sam Smiths Pubs on 20:37 - Jul 4 by foreverhopefulDale

I had a look , and I don’t think it’s the Pheonix Brewery of Heywood, Rochdale. They have beer in cans, to me that is not a way to have real ale. Having it out of a bottle is just about doable or ok, as a substitute for having it out of a hand pump.

Is Magpie a local to Nottingham area , Brewery? I am presuming it is. Are they any good?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 20:39]

I agree about real ale shouldn't be in a can as it's not like drinking a can of pop after all but i don't mind it out of a bottle if I'm honest but then again I dont.know much about real ales
Magpie Brewery is literally next door to NCFC but I've never noticed it but then again it looks like it's near the away end on Iremonger Road and definitely not connected to the Phoenix Brewery that you mentioned
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 20:48]

Sam Smiths Pubs on 21:37 - Jul 4 with 3535 viewsonedalefan

Sam Smiths Pubs on 19:22 - Jul 4 by HealeyDale

Can’t stand Sam Smiths
Give me a pint of Robinson’s, Marstons or Black Sheep any day!

Got a mixed box of 6 Black Sheep beers from Morrisons for £9. Just drinking the stout now.
Sam Smiths Pubs on 22:29 - Jul 4 with 3458 viewsblackdogblue

Sam Smiths Pubs on 20:45 - Jul 4 by ncfc_chalky

I agree about real ale shouldn't be in a can as it's not like drinking a can of pop after all but i don't mind it out of a bottle if I'm honest but then again I dont.know much about real ales
Magpie Brewery is literally next door to NCFC but I've never noticed it but then again it looks like it's near the away end on Iremonger Road and definitely not connected to the Phoenix Brewery that you mentioned
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 20:48]

Get a few cans of Red Stripe 😂

Sam Smiths Pubs on 23:48 - Jul 4 with 3382 viewsSuddenLad

Get some bottles of Robinson Old Tom. Sup them all. Sleep will come quickly.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Sam Smiths Pubs on 08:57 - Jul 5 with 3196 viewsAncoats_Blue

Tbf my Sam Smiths local is at least £1 a pint cheaper than the nearest pub so won’t make much difference in comparative cost. I quite like Sam Smiths but the stories of their overarching rules do leave a bad taste. Their landlords do seem to have a bad time. My local has to put signs up about no mobiles, no swearing etc. Not adhered to. But the boss of Sam Smiths insists on this crap.
Sam Smiths Pubs on 09:43 - Jul 5 with 3134 viewsblackdogblue

Sam Smiths Pubs on 08:57 - Jul 5 by Ancoats_Blue

Tbf my Sam Smiths local is at least £1 a pint cheaper than the nearest pub so won’t make much difference in comparative cost. I quite like Sam Smiths but the stories of their overarching rules do leave a bad taste. Their landlords do seem to have a bad time. My local has to put signs up about no mobiles, no swearing etc. Not adhered to. But the boss of Sam Smiths insists on this crap.

In all honesty 99% of the time I don’t think it is in most pubs & the managers live in fear of him rocking up out of the blue, getting the sack and loosing their jobs and homes.

I also heard all Fruit Machines are going as well...

It’s not the £1, it’s the principle although it does add a lot to a weekly beer bill if you have a few after work to unwind. I know he sacked a mate of mine from the Star because in his first year takings were down over the Xmas period but with Xmas & New Year’s Eve falling on a Sunday he also insisted on 10:30pm last orders...

A pint will now be cheaper locally so I smell the end of quite a few pubs round here..

Sam Smiths Pubs on 10:07 - Jul 5 with 3096 viewsmingthemerciless

Sam Smiths Pubs on 23:48 - Jul 4 by SuddenLad

Get some bottles of Robinson Old Tom. Sup them all. Sleep will come quickly.

You're not wrong there. I remember my first wife having 5 halves of " Old Tom " back in the day when you could get halves. She was fine in the pub but as soon as we got outside she collapsed in a heap.
Sam Smiths Pubs on 11:34 - Jul 5 with 2993 viewsblackdogblue

Sam Smiths Pubs on 10:07 - Jul 5 by mingthemerciless

You're not wrong there. I remember my first wife having 5 halves of " Old Tom " back in the day when you could get halves. She was fine in the pub but as soon as we got outside she collapsed in a heap.

I’m pretty sure Old Tom makes appearances on draught now & then and so does Moonraker. Don’t drink real ale but father in law does & is a camra member. Pretty sure it was on in the old post office in Castleton before lockdown. What is the strongest draught real ale nowadays?

In other news, heard Taddy is going up £1.10 a pint to £3.40... scandalous

Sam Smiths Pubs on 11:51 - Jul 5 with 2968 viewsncfc_chalky

I had a pint of Plum Porter before the lockdown which was nice but a tad expensive at £4.40p

Sam Smiths Pubs on 12:31 - Jul 5 with 2921 viewsNigeriamark

Sam Smiths Pubs on 21:37 - Jul 4 by onedalefan

Got a mixed box of 6 Black Sheep beers from Morrisons for £9. Just drinking the stout now.

M&S doing 3 bottles for a fiver including Black sheep, Landlord & a few others
Sam Smiths Pubs on 12:38 - Jul 5 with 2907 viewsEllDale

When I used to drink in the Healey 30 or so years ago Old Tom was a winter drink which used to appear in a barrel on the bar around October.
The landlord only used to serve in a glass called a pony which slightly less than a half.
Quite a few people used to have one as their last drink of the night.
Sam Smiths Pubs on 14:19 - Jul 5 with 2799 viewsSuddenLad

Sam Smiths Pubs on 12:38 - Jul 5 by EllDale

When I used to drink in the Healey 30 or so years ago Old Tom was a winter drink which used to appear in a barrel on the bar around October.
The landlord only used to serve in a glass called a pony which slightly less than a half.
Quite a few people used to have one as their last drink of the night.

Old Tom was on sale in the St. James' Tavern at the top of John Street. The licensee, Tony Breeze (later of the Woolpack on Drake Street) used to sell it in glasses of one-third of a pint.

If you were a 'regular' consumer of Old Tom and he knew you, you would be able to buy it in pints, but it doesn't take many.

Saw some this morning in the Co-op. 4 for £7.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 14:50]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Sam Smiths Pubs on 17:00 - Jul 5 with 2656 viewsnordenblue

Sam Smiths Pubs on 11:34 - Jul 5 by blackdogblue

I’m pretty sure Old Tom makes appearances on draught now & then and so does Moonraker. Don’t drink real ale but father in law does & is a camra member. Pretty sure it was on in the old post office in Castleton before lockdown. What is the strongest draught real ale nowadays?

I'd rather drink my own piss than that Taddys shite, you need to be arseholed to even think of drinking it to me
Sam Smiths Pubs on 18:06 - Jul 5 with 2575 viewsAncoats_Blue

Sam Smiths Pubs on 11:34 - Jul 5 by blackdogblue

Crikey. I can’t remember the last time I paid less than £4 for a pint. Some perks of living in Dale!
Sam Smiths Pubs on 20:48 - Jul 5 with 2445 viewsblackdogblue

Sam Smiths Pubs on 17:00 - Jul 5 by nordenblue

I'd rather drink my own piss than that Taddys shite, you need to be arseholed to even think of drinking it to me

I agree, hate it.. that’s why I drink double 4 😀

Sam Smiths Pubs on 21:08 - Jul 5 with 2417 viewsD_Alien

Sam Smiths Pubs on 18:06 - Jul 5 by Ancoats_Blue

Crikey. I can’t remember the last time I paid less than £4 for a pint. Some perks of living in Dale!

There's several Wetherspoons in Manc where you'll get a decent pint for less than £4, two just off St.Peter's Square that are pretty decent

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024