Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adshead 15:21 - Jul 26 with 4705 viewsDySporting

on the bench for Norwich's thrashing at Man City today
Adshead on 15:45 - Jul 26 with 4643 viewsD_Alien

Norwich have 8 subs listed against City's 9

Are they short of players?

Be good to see Adshead make his debut

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Adshead on 19:20 - Jul 26 with 4413 viewsboromat

A good sign and it's probably good for him to be in the championship next year.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Adshead on 19:34 - Jul 26 with 4382 viewsDySporting

Adshead on 19:20 - Jul 26 by boromat

A good sign and it's probably good for him to be in the championship next year.

The only reason he got onto the bench was that they had 2 players suspended and 10 injured. He's no where near the first team under normal circumstances. Following the norwich pattern he'll be on loan at a L2 or conference club next season or in the SPL. Norwich have deals with Crawley, orient and Woking plus the likes of St Mirren. He'll make zero appearances in the Championship next season
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 19:35]
Adshead on 00:20 - Jul 27 with 4139 viewsboromat

Adshead on 19:34 - Jul 26 by DySporting

The only reason he got onto the bench was that they had 2 players suspended and 10 injured. He's no where near the first team under normal circumstances. Following the norwich pattern he'll be on loan at a L2 or conference club next season or in the SPL. Norwich have deals with Crawley, orient and Woking plus the likes of St Mirren. He'll make zero appearances in the Championship next season

That's a shame really could have been playing LG1 with us.

Adshead on 07:16 - Jul 27 with 4031 views1907

Adshead on 00:20 - Jul 27 by boromat

That's a shame really could have been playing LG1 with us.

Playing regular mans football at a such a young age, at such a decent standard, can stifle players in my opinion. I firmly believe that Camps stayed with us for too long & the rigours of our position in the league played a major part in his lack of progression. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying he did a bad job my any stretch, but he should have achieved a lot more by this stage of his career, based on his early promise.
Adshead on 09:28 - Jul 27 with 3910 viewsDaleyBrent

Adshead on 19:34 - Jul 26 by DySporting

I personally thought it was a really poor move for him to go from League 1 football to Norwich Academy football. He’d have played a good 15-20 games last season in League 1; no comparison.

Hope he gets a good loan move next season and continues his development as it should have been.
Adshead on 10:53 - Jul 27 with 3797 viewsboromat

Adshead on 07:16 - Jul 27 by 1907

Playing regular mans football at a such a young age, at such a decent standard, can stifle players in my opinion. I firmly believe that Camps stayed with us for too long & the rigours of our position in the league played a major part in his lack of progression. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying he did a bad job my any stretch, but he should have achieved a lot more by this stage of his career, based on his early promise.

I'm not sure I fully agree. I think a year or two in LG1 or LG2 at 17 -22 depending on when you break into the first team is one of the quickest ways to develop into a professional and to realise if you can step up to the challenge. Those that do make it and excel however should move on to a bigger club after a couple of years if they get the opportunity.

In Adshead case I think he moved too early. Another year or two with us would have been great for his development and he could have then moved on to a larger club as a first team player rather than an academy player.

In Camp's case he probably would have developed more than he has if he would have moved on a couple of years ago. Obviously I'm glad he didn't and now he's a free agent he may well now go on to achieve his early potential.

Adshead on 11:52 - Jul 27 with 3720 viewsAtThePeake

Adshead on 09:28 - Jul 27 by DaleyBrent

I personally thought it was a really poor move for him to go from League 1 football to Norwich Academy football. He’d have played a good 15-20 games last season in League 1; no comparison.

Hope he gets a good loan move next season and continues his development as it should have been.

In hindsight, I'm not sure Adshead was actually good enough (yet) to be playing 15-20 games for us.

Perhaps he would have last season, but only due to injuries. I'm not sure he'd have regularly displaced Camps, Rathbone, Morley or later Lund from the starting XI when everyone was fit and I think we played him as often as we did the season before his move (mostly in the run-up to the January transfer window) to put him in the shop window as much as anything.

In the long-run, I'm not sure either the player (who would have been limited for game time) or the club (who had better options in his position) would have been any better off had he returned on loan for another season.

He's still only 18 don't forget, so plenty of time for him to progress when you consider that someone like Todd Cantwell didn't play a league game for Norwich until he was 20 but is now one of the first names on the team sheet for them.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Adshead on 14:54 - Aug 7 with 3162 viewsDySporting

Looks like Adshead is moving to Telstar in Holland on loan
Adshead on 15:08 - Aug 7 with 3114 viewsD_Alien

Adshead on 14:54 - Aug 7 by DySporting

That'll send his career into orbit

Adshead on 15:17 - Aug 7 with 3085 viewsisitme

Is that off the record?
Adshead on 15:21 - Aug 7 with 3068 views100notout

He must be thrilled with that move

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Adshead on 15:43 - Aug 7 with 3001 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Lower end of the Second Tier of Dutch football.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Adshead on 15:47 - Aug 7 with 2982 viewsQuigley_dale

Telstar? Sounds like either a German cable channel, or a crap 90s Indie band!
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 15:51]
Adshead on 15:50 - Aug 7 with 2961 viewsD_Alien

Adshead on 15:47 - Aug 7 by Quigley_dale

Telstar? Sounds like either a German cable channel, or a crap 90s Indie band!
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 15:51]

Adshead on 15:51 - Aug 7 with 2956 viewsjudd

Adshead on 15:43 - Aug 7 by foreverhopefulDale

Lower end of the Second Tier of Dutch football.

For sure

Poll: What is it to be then?

Adshead on 15:52 - Aug 7 with 2951 viewsQuigley_dale

Adshead on 15:50 - Aug 7 by D_Alien

Haha! I was close DA😉
Adshead on 15:54 - Aug 7 with 2936 viewsD_Alien

Adshead on 15:52 - Aug 7 by Quigley_dale

Haha! I was close DA😉

Give or take a few decades!

Adshead on 16:25 - Aug 7 with 2855 viewsJames1980

It could be a good experience for the lad especially with the opportunity to live in a different country.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Adshead on 16:40 - Aug 7 with 2809 viewsAtThePeake

Cantwell's spell in Holland seemed to do wonders for him, so let's hope it's the same for Adshead.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024