Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taking the Knee 09:58 - Oct 29 with 4121 viewsBarrowdale

Instead of continuing with this tokenistic sh ite for a drug crazed career criminal ( who i agree was dealt with appallingly) perhaps on saturday we could have a minutes silence for people killed and decapitated by yet another muslim terrorist.
Im sick of politicians of all colour’s platitudes about how they wont win.
They already have ffs.
Taking the Knee on 10:29 - Oct 29 with 2980 viewsSuddenLad

Three more deaths this morning in Nice, including two beheadings. These barbaric bastards need to be eradicated and France has more than its' fair share, hiding in plain sight. France is a powder keg at the moment. Macron was right to stand up to their evil threats, but it will unleash a wave of this kind of event.

This 'taking a knee' now needs to stop. The point has been made. If people haven't understood by now, they never will.

Let's have some remembrance and recognition for the innocent people going to work, or shopping or simply taking some fresh air who get butchered just for being there.

Enough.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 10:33]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Taking the Knee on 10:47 - Oct 29 with 2941 viewsfunkkk

I look forward to seeing this thread develop 🍿
Taking the Knee on 11:01 - Oct 29 with 2900 viewsaleanddale

Black lives matter all lives matter....

Enough is enough I agree the message is in danger of being diluted and the reason lost..
Taking the Knee on 11:13 - Oct 29 with 2869 views100569

Taking the Knee on 11:01 - Oct 29 by aleanddale

Black lives matter all lives matter....

Enough is enough I agree the message is in danger of being diluted and the reason lost..

aleanddale you are quite right all lives DO matter irrespective or colour, race or religion. I quite agree the time has now come for `taking the knee` to stop as it has now become something that just happens before a match starts. Normal, reasonable people understand the message and have got the message. Racists will never get the message and don`t want to get the message. As far as football is concerned, when we finally return to stadiums the way to deal with these morons is to report them to a steward. You wont be on your own I`m sure others around you will support your action, I know I would.

There is no place for racism period.
Taking the Knee on 11:23 - Oct 29 with 2835 viewsAncoats_Blue

Are the two things related?
Taking the Knee on 11:37 - Oct 29 with 2794 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Taking the Knee on 11:23 - Oct 29 by Ancoats_Blue

Absolutely not related whatsoever.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Taking the Knee on 11:37 - Oct 29 with 2795 viewsAncoats_Blue

Taking the Knee on 11:13 - Oct 29 by 100569

aleanddale you are quite right all lives DO matter irrespective or colour, race or religion. I quite agree the time has now come for `taking the knee` to stop as it has now become something that just happens before a match starts. Normal, reasonable people understand the message and have got the message. Racists will never get the message and don`t want to get the message. As far as football is concerned, when we finally return to stadiums the way to deal with these morons is to report them to a steward. You wont be on your own I`m sure others around you will support your action, I know I would.

There is no place for racism period.

Thankfully I don’t think racist abuse from the terraces is a big problem in this country. Personally I’ve only heard racist abuse from Dale fans once, at Preston away a few years ago. A group of pissed up mongs shouting out calling Beckford a stupid n*gger or something like that after he scored against us.
Taking the Knee on 11:50 - Oct 29 with 2762 viewsBigDaveMyCock

To conflate Black Lives Matter and people taking the knee with Islamic terrorism is unbelievably vile opportunism.
George Floyd and those poor people outside a Church were innocent and murdered.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 11:51]

Login to get fewer ads

Taking the Knee on 11:52 - Oct 29 with 2756 viewsrod_leach

Nope. It's not even apples and oranges. It's more apples and moon dust.
Anyone who states that BLM is only about George Floyd is, more often than not, deliberately misstating what's behind it. I hesitate to discuss it with people like that as it's usually pointless.
I'm not sure about how long taking the knee will continue, although many who would like to see it stop would most likely like life to carry on as it is now, regardless of what happens to BAME communities across the world.
Taking the Knee on 11:54 - Oct 29 with 2750 viewsBarrowdale

Who conflated them. I certainly didnt. I said we can stop the overegged nonsense and perhaps show some respect for others.
Thats all.
Taking the Knee on 11:54 - Oct 29 with 2749 viewsjonahwhereru

I don’t think they are. Although they both highlight the ills of humanity. Terrorism has been around for ever. Either stated sponsored or fringe fundamentalists. Public acts of defiance against the principals terrorists espouse is at least a positive response to these acts. But to say the terrorists have already won makes no sense, the vast majority of people despise them.
As for taking the knee and calling out racism, will that I’ll has also been around for centuries. But fortunately attitudes have shifted especially amongst the young. I believe within 2 generations racism will be much more diluted. That is not to say that for instance black Americans will have the same lifestyle as everyone else. That is still generations away.
As for taking the knee at sports events that needs to go the same way as applauding the NHS. Very worthy but will receive a diminishing response the longer it continues.
Don’t get why the BBC always show the knee being taken on MOTD. Can’t the commentators just link in to say it happened at the start of the game.
Taking the Knee on 11:54 - Oct 29 with 2747 viewsrod_leach

Taking the Knee on 11:37 - Oct 29 by Ancoats_Blue

Thankfully I don’t think racist abuse from the terraces is a big problem in this country. Personally I’ve only heard racist abuse from Dale fans once, at Preston away a few years ago. A group of pissed up mongs shouting out calling Beckford a stupid n*gger or something like that after he scored against us.

I heard Uriah Rennie get some racist abuse at the Wolves FA Cup game.

Beckford made me laugh that day when he smiled and waved to his abusers when he got subbed. It doesn't excuse the abuse, of course
Taking the Knee on 12:02 - Oct 29 with 2724 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Taking the Knee on 11:54 - Oct 29 by Barrowdale

Who conflated them. I certainly didnt. I said we can stop the overegged nonsense and perhaps show some respect for others.
Thats all.

So you’re not using the murders of people by an Islamic terrorist as a reason to stop people taking the knee?
Read your op.

Taking the Knee on 12:20 - Oct 29 with 2675 viewsBarrowdale

No im not. I’m just pssed off today. Sat in bed with covid. Feel shi t and see more serious issues than kneeling down for something that has no connection to our club.
Also if you want to get picky george floyd wasnt innocent at all. He was a waste of a person. A career criminal who disowned his family, was involved in an armed home invasion and spent most of his adult life in prison. Good cause, wrong martyr. Enough now
Taking the Knee on 12:29 - Oct 29 with 2649 viewsfunkkk

Taking a knee is about as effective as sending 'thoughts and prayers' after the latest terrorist attack.
Taking the Knee on 12:37 - Oct 29 with 2621 viewsSuddenLad

As ever, it depends on whether it is sincerely meant by the person doing it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Taking the Knee on 12:46 - Oct 29 with 2582 viewsJames1980

'In July 2013, the movement began with the use of the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter on social media after the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of African-American teen Trayvon Martin 17 months earlier in February 2012'

from the BLM wiki page the movement started over 7 years ago long before Mr. Floyd was murdered. To paraphrase a line from a film 'Now imagine that he was white'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Taking the Knee on 12:46 - Oct 29 with 2576 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Taking the Knee on 12:20 - Oct 29 by Barrowdale

No im not. I’m just pssed off today. Sat in bed with covid. Feel shi t and see more serious issues than kneeling down for something that has no connection to our club.
Also if you want to get picky george floyd wasnt innocent at all. He was a waste of a person. A career criminal who disowned his family, was involved in an armed home invasion and spent most of his adult life in prison. Good cause, wrong martyr. Enough now

You’re sat in bed all pssed off so you’d thought you’d have a good old gammon whinge.
So, anybody who has a previous conviction can be murdered then? Yeah, you’ve really thought about that one haven’t you?

Taking the Knee on 12:50 - Oct 29 with 2561 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Taking the Knee on 12:29 - Oct 29 by funkkk

Taking a knee is about as effective as sending 'thoughts and prayers' after the latest terrorist attack.

If it’s so ineffective then why get so wound up about it?

Taking the Knee on 12:52 - Oct 29 with 2548 viewsBarrowdale

Bet you wouldnt be so woke if it was your mums house he’d invaded, bless him
Taking the Knee on 13:03 - Oct 29 with 2512 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Taking the Knee on 12:52 - Oct 29 by Barrowdale

Bet you wouldnt be so woke if it was your mums house he’d invaded, bless him

You can say that about any crime though can’t you?
It’s a good job it wasn’t your mum who was:
(i) beaten up;
(ii) robbed;
(iii) hit by a drunken driver;
(iv) defrauded; and
(v) etc. etc. etc.
Either way, whether it’s your mum or otherwise you don’t have the right to kill them, certainly not a significant time afterwards. He was also killed by a person whose mum’s house he didn’t invade.
You’re really thinking here.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 13:05]

Taking the Knee on 13:11 - Oct 29 with 2479 viewsfunkkk

Taking the Knee on 12:50 - Oct 29 by BigDaveMyCock

If it’s so ineffective then why get so wound up about it?

Am I wound up? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Taking the Knee on 13:14 - Oct 29 with 2470 viewsBarrowdale

Why dont you nip out and burn down a kfc then. That might help
Personally 3rd prison sentence would be it for me. Life without parole. No interest in wasting time on scum, more help for victims would be my school of thought.
Taking the Knee on 13:14 - Oct 29 with 2465 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Taking the Knee on 13:11 - Oct 29 by funkkk

Am I wound up? 🤷🏻‍♂️

No but some are.

Taking the Knee on 13:23 - Oct 29 with 2425 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Taking the Knee on 13:14 - Oct 29 by Barrowdale

Why dont you nip out and burn down a kfc then. That might help
Personally 3rd prison sentence would be it for me. Life without parole. No interest in wasting time on scum, more help for victims would be my school of thought.

And why the fook would I want to burn down a KFC? The players taking a knee (what gets you so riled) won’t be will they?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024