Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Bottomley 09:06 - Nov 17 with 15042 viewswimborne_dale

Just heard our chief executive on the Today Programme talking about how EFL clubs need help to compensate for loss of paying fans. Radio 4 about 8:55.

Edgar Allan's Crow

David Bottomley on 15:45 - Nov 19 with 3267 viewsforeverhopefulDale

David Bottomley on 11:13 - Nov 19 by AtThePeake

Bringing this thread back to football:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/54994155

Government bailouts for the likes of Rugby and Horseracing but football is considered wealthy enough to run itself.

Horse racing is a very rich sport, but is a favourite sport of the establishment, so no surprise that it gets special treatment.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

David Bottomley on 16:15 - Nov 19 with 3206 viewsrochdaleriddler

David Bottomley on 13:15 - Nov 19 by D_Alien

Never needed to wear glasses

Your eyes are so full of red mist that you can't even follow a post without misappropriating it's meaning

So come on, tell us what you'd be doing in the middle of a pandemic? Putting the work out to tender for six months? Heh!
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 13:17]

That’s a bit like the argument of the geezer in the Sandy lane when I was having a pop at Hill at the end of his tenure. ‘You get your tracksuit on and get in the dugout if you can do better’. However what I wouldn’t be doing is giving shed loads of money to my mates as a thank you for being married to an old school chum of Tarquins. I’d ask people who actually made masks etc to get involved, I saw on Granada Tonight recently such a manufacturer who could not get the govt to buy his, so he is exporting his product to health facilities in America, when he said he would much rather they were being used here. If only he had been to Eton, or was knobbing a countess eh?. Stop trying to defend this shitshow, I thought you had more about you.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

David Bottomley on 16:45 - Nov 19 with 3168 viewsD_Alien

David Bottomley on 16:15 - Nov 19 by rochdaleriddler

That’s a bit like the argument of the geezer in the Sandy lane when I was having a pop at Hill at the end of his tenure. ‘You get your tracksuit on and get in the dugout if you can do better’. However what I wouldn’t be doing is giving shed loads of money to my mates as a thank you for being married to an old school chum of Tarquins. I’d ask people who actually made masks etc to get involved, I saw on Granada Tonight recently such a manufacturer who could not get the govt to buy his, so he is exporting his product to health facilities in America, when he said he would much rather they were being used here. If only he had been to Eton, or was knobbing a countess eh?. Stop trying to defend this shitshow, I thought you had more about you.

OMG are you still banging on?

What was that about ad nauseam?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

David Bottomley on 18:55 - Nov 19 with 3065 viewsAncoats_Blue

David Bottomley on 16:15 - Nov 19 by rochdaleriddler

The walls of an echo chamber are impenetrable.
David Bottomley on 19:30 - Nov 19 with 3012 viewsD_Alien

David Bottomley on 18:55 - Nov 19 by Ancoats_Blue

The walls of an echo chamber are impenetrable.

There's also a door you can choose to walk through, or not. Standing outside and surveying the full picture is preferable to following the mob banging against the walls from the inside

David Bottomley on 20:43 - Nov 19 with 2938 viewsrochdaleriddler

David Bottomley on 16:45 - Nov 19 by D_Alien

OMG are you still banging on?

What was that about ad nauseam?

You asked me a question, I replied

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

David Bottomley on 07:41 - Nov 20 with 2745 viewsisitme

Here is some light reading for you:

https://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Investigation-into-government-
[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 7:43]
David Bottomley on 08:07 - Nov 20 with 2716 viewsisitme

Some interesting analysis of the report and the Guardian article across 9 tweets.
Login to get fewer ads

David Bottomley on 09:26 - Nov 20 with 2655 viewsD_Alien

David Bottomley on 08:07 - Nov 20 by isitme

Some interesting analysis of the report and the Guardian article across 9 tweets.

It's already been mentioned, but if there's been any wrongdoing then it'll be taken up through the Public Accounts Committee

I've no reason to doubt that the government will be exonerated

Trial by red mist on here is pretty rubbish really, as is the allusion to echo chambers. The irony is lost on those making such claims

[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 9:34]

David Bottomley on 11:42 - Nov 20 with 2553 viewsrochdaleriddler

David Bottomley on 19:30 - Nov 19 by D_Alien

There's also a door you can choose to walk through, or not. Standing outside and surveying the full picture is preferable to following the mob banging against the walls from the inside

Pseuds corner ?

David Bottomley on 11:48 - Nov 20 with 2542 viewsrochdaleriddler

David Bottomley on 09:26 - Nov 20 by D_Alien

It's already been mentioned, but if there's been any wrongdoing then it'll be taken up through the Public Accounts Committee

I've no reason to doubt that the government will be exonerated

Trial by red mist on here is pretty rubbish really, as is the allusion to echo chambers. The irony is lost on those making such claims

[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 9:34]

This is a local footy forum , only 12.7 people take part, it’s hardly the Nuremberg trials, and despite all of that you write like your are doing the editorial for the Times. I might set up a new account under the moniker ‘red mist’ cheers I still won’t have as many as you though.

David Bottomley on 13:24 - Nov 20 with 2499 viewsD_Alien

David Bottomley on 11:48 - Nov 20 by rochdaleriddler

This is a local footy forum , only 12.7 people take part, it’s hardly the Nuremberg trials, and despite all of that you write like your are doing the editorial for the Times. I might set up a new account under the moniker ‘red mist’ cheers I still won’t have as many as you though.

That's cool

Just continue to be amazed by me, i'm fine with it

David Bottomley on 14:00 - Nov 20 with 2467 viewsrochdaleriddler

David Bottomley on 13:24 - Nov 20 by D_Alien

That's cool

Just continue to be amazed by me, i'm fine with it

Haha, I’m looking forward to your championing of the marvellous Priti in the coming hours

David Bottomley on 14:47 - Nov 20 with 2437 viewsD_Alien

David Bottomley on 14:00 - Nov 20 by rochdaleriddler

Haha, I’m looking forward to your championing of the marvellous Priti in the coming hours

Hours? Just a minute...

Whilst i've no time for bullying in the workplace, i can appreciate someone who's able to put Sir Philip McDougall Rutnam in his place and it sounds by the report that he and his team needed it

David Bottomley on 15:19 - Nov 20 with 2405 viewsrochdaleriddler

David Bottomley on 14:47 - Nov 20 by D_Alien

Hours? Just a minute...

Whilst i've no time for bullying in the workplace, i can appreciate someone who's able to put Sir Philip McDougall Rutnam in his place and it sounds by the report that he and his team needed it

Tory top fan status is retained.

David Bottomley on 15:50 - Nov 20 with 2376 viewsD_Alien

David Bottomley on 15:19 - Nov 20 by rochdaleriddler

Tory top fan status is retained.

Nice to see you defending toffs

David Bottomley on 16:15 - Nov 20 with 2346 viewsAncoats_Blue

David Bottomley on 14:47 - Nov 20 by D_Alien

Hours? Just a minute...

This smells like trial by blue mist.
David Bottomley on 16:41 - Nov 20 with 2316 viewsD_Alien

David Bottomley on 16:15 - Nov 20 by Ancoats_Blue

This smells like trial by blue mist.

Good call, i'm off now to get a blue rinse, I'll let you continue with any old irony

David Bottomley on 16:45 - Nov 20 with 2304 viewsAtThePeake

David Bottomley on 12:05 - Nov 19 by judd

Cricket hasn't, and rugby league is about as far from public school as you can probably get.

£12m for Rugby League, £28m for non-league football, £135m for Rugby Union.

Tangled up in blue.

David Bottomley on 16:57 - Nov 20 with 2278 viewsrochdaleriddler

David Bottomley on 16:41 - Nov 20 by D_Alien

Good call, i'm off now to get a blue rinse, I'll let you continue with any old irony

Check they don’t use cheap dye, you may end up with a Rudy

David Bottomley on 08:25 - Dec 2 with 2036 viewsjudd

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/business/tesco-to-repay-585m-in-business-rates-r

Poll: What is it to be then?

David Bottomley on 09:16 - Dec 2 with 1959 viewsDalenet

David Bottomley on 08:25 - Dec 2 by judd

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/business/tesco-to-repay-585m-in-business-rates-r

Very good news. A company that I have a huge respect for and has served us well during this pandemic. They didn't ask for the rates relief and didn't profit from it. I wonder whether the other supermarkets do the same?

Sadly other retailers needed the support but it wasn't enough.
David Bottomley on 08:00 - Dec 3 with 1712 viewsjudd

David Bottomley on 09:16 - Dec 2 by Dalenet

Very good news. A company that I have a huge respect for and has served us well during this pandemic. They didn't ask for the rates relief and didn't profit from it. I wonder whether the other supermarkets do the same?

Sadly other retailers needed the support but it wasn't enough.

Morrisons & Sainsbury to follow suit, but not M&S.

Poll: What is it to be then?

David Bottomley on 08:32 - Dec 3 with 1682 views100notout

David Bottomley on 08:00 - Dec 3 by judd

Morrisons & Sainsbury to follow suit, but not M&S.

A stab in the dark?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

David Bottomley on 13:13 - Dec 3 with 1529 viewsJames1980

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55172426

Rescue package agreed £200 million loan to Championship
£50 million grant to league 1 and 2

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024