Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right then... 16:18 - May 1 with 7774 viewsfunkkk

...how do we mobilise to get Bottomley out?
Right then... on 12:28 - May 2 with 1355 viewsD_Alien

Right then... on 12:13 - May 2 by NorthernDale

I am no fan of Bottomley and to a great extent, I hold him responsible for the mess we are in and the relegation. DB gave the most talented manager in English football an extension, instead of the sack. DB failed to sign Henderson and Camps up, no doubt thinking like some less able people could do the same job for less money, it is this small business mentality that as closed many businesses. I am convinced Hendo would have got the goals, we would have needed to stop up, so by saving his wages, it as cost us many times more in lost income next season. A classic example of short-termism, rather then looking at the bigger picture.

My criticisms of the board, is that they have allowed the CEO to operate in the way, he as. I feel that a different CEO, may ease the tensions. I do not think DB is a bad person and may have the Dales interests at heart, but he is just out of his depth as CEO and that is why he should stand down.

Must admit, i don't get this "he's out of his depth" argument that i keep reading on here

He's got plenty of experience at a much higher business level than Dale. What he's also got is a callous disregard for the people who *should* matter to any business - their customers, or fans in this instance. That's his proven track record, both at Dale AND before he joined the board. (And why did it take him so long?)

It's in thinking that he's 'trying to do his best' that's the problem - he simply doing his best for himself. With his now well-documented career exploits, he'd seriously struggle to find a suitable post at the level he thinks he's worth

Dale is his last chance saloon, which is why he's doing everything he can to retain his position

By all means, let's try to pull together - to get rid of him and restart the Dale that we want to see, both on and off the pitch
[Post edited 2 May 2021 12:32]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Right then... on 12:29 - May 2 with 1353 viewsTVOS1907

Right then... on 12:13 - May 2 by NorthernDale

I am no fan of Bottomley and to a great extent, I hold him responsible for the mess we are in and the relegation. DB gave the most talented manager in English football an extension, instead of the sack. DB failed to sign Henderson and Camps up, no doubt thinking like some less able people could do the same job for less money, it is this small business mentality that as closed many businesses. I am convinced Hendo would have got the goals, we would have needed to stop up, so by saving his wages, it as cost us many times more in lost income next season. A classic example of short-termism, rather then looking at the bigger picture.

My criticisms of the board, is that they have allowed the CEO to operate in the way, he as. I feel that a different CEO, may ease the tensions. I do not think DB is a bad person and may have the Dales interests at heart, but he is just out of his depth as CEO and that is why he should stand down.

Again, it's the goals we conceded that have largely cost us and Henderson was never going to re-sign, particularly when the likes of Salford came sniffing.

I also doubt Camps would have scored as many as Lund.

There's no debate that those two are excellent players who would improve any team, but we have been in three relegation battles with them in the side for the previous three seasons; it's the bodies that would have been around them and the adopted tactics and style of play that led to our downfall.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Right then... on 13:17 - May 2 with 1256 viewskel

Right then... on 12:28 - May 2 by D_Alien

Must admit, i don't get this "he's out of his depth" argument that i keep reading on here

He's got plenty of experience at a much higher business level than Dale. What he's also got is a callous disregard for the people who *should* matter to any business - their customers, or fans in this instance. That's his proven track record, both at Dale AND before he joined the board. (And why did it take him so long?)

It's in thinking that he's 'trying to do his best' that's the problem - he simply doing his best for himself. With his now well-documented career exploits, he'd seriously struggle to find a suitable post at the level he thinks he's worth

Dale is his last chance saloon, which is why he's doing everything he can to retain his position

By all means, let's try to pull together - to get rid of him and restart the Dale that we want to see, both on and off the pitch
[Post edited 2 May 2021 12:32]

“Dale is his last chance saloon, which is why he's doing everything he can to retain his position”

Exactly my thoughts and that’s why it’s going to be one hell of a struggle to oust him. He knows he’s on a good screw here and won’t give it up easily.
Right then... on 18:02 - May 3 with 880 viewsRAFCBLUE

Right then... on 13:17 - May 2 by kel

“Dale is his last chance saloon, which is why he's doing everything he can to retain his position”

Exactly my thoughts and that’s why it’s going to be one hell of a struggle to oust him. He knows he’s on a good screw here and won’t give it up easily.

I suppose for him it comes down to a view of how he wants to be remembered as a Dale fan.

His ego is certainly big enough that that will be a consideration and it will be weighing hard on him that his desire to be loved is not coming to fruition as is the abject failure of his leadership tenure thus far.

Currently, he has had the post for CEO since James Mason went in December 2018. His record:

2018/19: 16th in League 1.
2019/20: 18th in League 1.
2021/21: 21st or 22nd in League 1.
2021/22: A League 2 relegation battle?

Its a performance of consistent and steady decline. He will find he has less of a profile as League 2 CEO that in League 1, particularly given the locality and prominence of Salford.

It will be a long Summer for DB and the club if he doesn't reflect and conclude that he isn't the best man for the job.

If you screw around, divorce is inevitable.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 20:48]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024