Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right then... 16:18 - May 1 with 7775 viewsfunkkk

...how do we mobilise to get Bottomley out?
Right then... on 18:12 - May 1 with 2547 viewsfunkkk

Right then... on 18:07 - May 1 by Dalenet

The mistake by the Trust was to embrace him as they did a few seasons ago. He could do no wrong. We have Rawlinson who has form at telling the fans to feck off. Bottomley now has a siege mentality. And Kelly who is focussed on trying to find somebody to take over the poisoned chalice. Does anybody believe the current Board will listen to the fans right now, whether through the Trust or directly? It will be a long summer.

Yep, but what do we do? There’s a poison in the club and we either all come together and get rid or we just sit back and hope for the best.
Right then... on 18:16 - May 1 with 2522 viewsDalenet

Right then... on 18:12 - May 1 by funkkk

Yep, but what do we do? There’s a poison in the club and we either all come together and get rid or we just sit back and hope for the best.

I think we wait until after the AGM. Target key shareholders via the Trust with some messages. Shareholders won't want to hear that people won't support the club. They have the power now. Bottomley will only leave if sacked and paid off. The fans can't make him leave. The AGM is a watershed moment because the Board need to declare where we are financially, justify a going concern statement and explain their plan to shareholders. If the shareholders remain passive then we vote with our feet
Right then... on 18:17 - May 1 with 2519 viewsJames1980

I believe any campaign to oust the current CEO mustn't come across at all as disciples of the former chairman with a vendetta against the current CEO.
It must come across as fair and balanced. The other directors surely knew about his past with Hasbro it is a waste of time bringing up the past imo. Regarding his salary aren't CEO'S salaries set by remuneration committees? Waste of time mentioning that it just comes across as bitterness.
Someone create a second account on here. other than Hasbro, his salary and mentioning him ousting CD. Write a letter detailing exact evidence relating to his tenure so far as CEO of Rochdale AFC as to why David Bottomley should be removed as CEO Send that to everyone on the forum for them to send to, the other board members and the CEO's of our major sponsors.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 19:05]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Right then... on 18:49 - May 1 with 2383 viewsFrankDale

Right then... on 18:17 - May 1 by James1980

I believe any campaign to oust the current CEO mustn't come across at all as disciples of the former chairman with a vendetta against the current CEO.
It must come across as fair and balanced. The other directors surely knew about his past with Hasbro it is a waste of time bringing up the past imo. Regarding his salary aren't CEO'S salaries set by remuneration committees? Waste of time mentioning that it just comes across as bitterness.
Someone create a second account on here. other than Hasbro, his salary and mentioning him ousting CD. Write a letter detailing exact evidence relating to his tenure so far as CEO of Rochdale AFC as to why David Bottomley should be removed as CEO Send that to everyone on the forum for them to send to, the other board members and the CEO's of our major sponsors.

I think you could be on to something here.........
Right then... on 18:51 - May 1 with 2366 viewsnordenblue

Right then... on 18:17 - May 1 by James1980

David Bottomley ISNT chairman, just a minor detail
Right then... on 19:06 - May 1 with 2288 viewsJames1980

Right then... on 18:51 - May 1 by nordenblue

David Bottomley ISNT chairman, just a minor detail

Hopefully I wasn't being a soothsayer. I have amended my error.

Right then... on 19:21 - May 1 with 2218 viewsjudd

Right then... on 19:06 - May 1 by James1980

Hopefully I wasn't being a soothsayer. I have amended my error.

Nor were the directors I have spoken to aware of his Hasbro past misdemeanours until it appeared on this board. That part of history was airbrushed out of any CV and I have an email whereby scorn is poured on the fact that CD did not do his due dilligence at the time DB was appointed to the board.

The Hasbro stain is highly relevant still.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Right then... on 19:33 - May 1 with 2167 viewsJames1980

Right then... on 19:21 - May 1 by judd

Nor were the directors I have spoken to aware of his Hasbro past misdemeanours until it appeared on this board. That part of history was airbrushed out of any CV and I have an email whereby scorn is poured on the fact that CD did not do his due dilligence at the time DB was appointed to the board.

But he has maintained his position regardless of them having that information.
My concern is he could just say it was in the past and he has been punished for that already. It is just a minority with a vendetta dragging up his past. Focus on the specifics relating to his time at Rochdale AFC.

Login to get fewer ads

Right then... on 19:37 - May 1 with 2140 viewsSuddenLad

Failure to declare it (Hasbro) was surely done consciously and therefore an act of chicanery. The man loves to talk all about himself and blow his trumpet, so why not mention it? I can guess.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Right then... on 19:40 - May 1 with 2134 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Right then... on 17:48 - May 1 by AtThePeake

Actually, I emailed him on Wednesday and did get a reply on Thursday... a reply telling me that he had been very busy but would follow up with a full reply by the end of the day.

Not received that full reply yet.

He's always working really hard as we are constantly informed, Peaky...let us know if you ever get a reply,please?
Right then... on 19:42 - May 1 with 2116 viewsAtThePeake

Right then... on 19:40 - May 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

He's always working really hard as we are constantly informed, Peaky...let us know if you ever get a reply,please?

Will do

Tangled up in blue.

Right then... on 19:44 - May 1 with 2094 viewsjudd

Right then... on 19:33 - May 1 by James1980

But he has maintained his position regardless of them having that information.
My concern is he could just say it was in the past and he has been punished for that already. It is just a minority with a vendetta dragging up his past. Focus on the specifics relating to his time at Rochdale AFC.

Look at his reply to the Trust then think again about his apparent motives.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Right then... on 19:52 - May 1 with 2044 views49thseason

I think you are right Judd, the fact of the Hasbro situation is that he colluded with some of the bigger retailers to create a sloping pitch to the detriment of the smaller retail groups and independents. Price fixing cartels have been illegal for donkeys years yet he thought it was worth a go on the presumption that they wouldn't get caught. This activity speaks to the Nature of the man, he is a chancer pure and simple. That people have been taken in by him is testament to his ability to manipulate people and their companies for his own ends. This Football Club will not be at peace with itself until the Cancer is removed. just as was proved necessary when Coleman had his bookie sleeping in the bath! Football attracts people like Bottomley and in the end its always the fans who end up paying for their misdemeanours.
Right then... on 19:52 - May 1 with 2042 viewsJames1980

Right then... on 19:44 - May 1 by judd

Look at his reply to the Trust then think again about his apparent motives.

Don't tell me to think I do too much of that.

Right then... on 20:25 - May 1 with 1953 views49thseason

Back to the original question how to get Bottom out...
well...".A shareholder register is a list of active owners of a company's shares, updated on an ongoing basis. The shareholder register requires that every current shareholder is recorded. The register includes each person's name, address, and the number of shares owned. As per section 116 of the Companies Act 2006, anyone is able to ask to look at – and take a copy – of a company's shareholder register. Shareholders may freely inspect the shareholder register, while members of the public may request to do so."
This relates to the list available from companies house. generally this is what the company would give to a member of the public. However, once you have a list of names, there is a web site ... 192.com using which it is possible , for a small monetary investment, to search for the electoral roll details (including address) of individuals. An organisation like the Trust might be able to contact most shareholders using this information with a view to finding out where they stand and if they might support the Trust's revised resolution or perhaps give their proxy vote to the trust at an EGM or AGM.
Right then... on 20:36 - May 1 with 1922 viewsD_Alien

Right then... on 20:25 - May 1 by 49thseason

Back to the original question how to get Bottom out...
well...".A shareholder register is a list of active owners of a company's shares, updated on an ongoing basis. The shareholder register requires that every current shareholder is recorded. The register includes each person's name, address, and the number of shares owned. As per section 116 of the Companies Act 2006, anyone is able to ask to look at – and take a copy – of a company's shareholder register. Shareholders may freely inspect the shareholder register, while members of the public may request to do so."
This relates to the list available from companies house. generally this is what the company would give to a member of the public. However, once you have a list of names, there is a web site ... 192.com using which it is possible , for a small monetary investment, to search for the electoral roll details (including address) of individuals. An organisation like the Trust might be able to contact most shareholders using this information with a view to finding out where they stand and if they might support the Trust's revised resolution or perhaps give their proxy vote to the trust at an EGM or AGM.

This is absolutely what needs to happen, as per my post this morning about "...a concerted effort, to change the mind, or heart..." of shareholders, particularly those with major holdings

I'd also repeat my point from earlier in this thread that a potential replacement in terms of leadership (that CD seemed to offer) is required in order to help convince shareholders to upset the status quo. Without such potential new leadership, there might be a tendency to not want to come on board with changes due to the unknown consequences factor

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Right then... on 20:39 - May 1 with 1897 views49thseason

How to get Bottomley out part 2...
Another good wheeze might be for the Trust to offer to sell, Oh I don't know, say 1000 shares for say £10 each and throw in free membership for a year, this could create 1000 new shareholders who can collectively and individually make a complete nuisance of themselves at and AGM or EGM by simply turning up. Just altering the shareholder list would be a nuisance to somebody.
Right then... on 20:43 - May 1 with 1877 viewsNewbod

Right then... on 17:28 - May 1 by TomRAFC

I was someone who, up until recently, had found it almost impossible not to buy a season ticket, although I have huge respect for those with the ability stay away.

My suggestion would be this. Don't buy season tickets. Still turn up at the ground and be incredibly vocal (without being neanderthal). Ensure the club know that, when Bottomley and BBM are gone, we'd be more than happy to buy tickets. I don't want to give him the opportunity to use the entitled and manipulative arguement that fans don't love the club because they are withholding funds.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 17:49]

What does it matter what Bottomley says about the fans. It doesn't really matter whether he says fans don't love the club, we would all know the actual truth of the matter. Let him say what he wants to say. Even he wouldn't actually believe it.....
Right then... on 21:02 - May 1 with 1808 viewsSandyman

Right then... on 07:57 - May 2 with 1535 viewsboromat

I'm in the make our voices heard on a match day boat. I think in the current climate I wouldn't want to threaten the existence of the club in any way, that might sound dramatic but we really don't know what's going on and what state we're in after the last year. Every little bit will help.

In previous years where fans have wanted change, normally regarding the manager then voices on a match day have been enough. If that doesn't work and things don't improve then voting with my feet will be my next move.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Right then... on 08:46 - May 2 with 1448 viewsmikehunt

I've pasted my twopenn'orth from a different thread.

Well, if we go down I will not renew my season ticket. It's my only form of protest against the abject way this season has been handled.
And thinking about it, perhaps more people should do it. It's all well and good the club whinging about needing the money but it will force them to go and find it. As someone mentioned, the directors are custodians of the club - in sickness and in health, so to speak. So go on then: prove it! Prove you are investors not just extractors. Otherwise you serve no real purpose other than making up the required quorum.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Right then... on 09:02 - May 2 with 1419 viewsfunkkk

Right then... on 08:46 - May 2 by mikehunt

I've pasted my twopenn'orth from a different thread.

Well, if we go down I will not renew my season ticket. It's my only form of protest against the abject way this season has been handled.
And thinking about it, perhaps more people should do it. It's all well and good the club whinging about needing the money but it will force them to go and find it. As someone mentioned, the directors are custodians of the club - in sickness and in health, so to speak. So go on then: prove it! Prove you are investors not just extractors. Otherwise you serve no real purpose other than making up the required quorum.

Away days only for me and no more cash into the club until we see change.
Right then... on 09:44 - May 2 with 1339 viewsNorthernDale

I have said on another post, I recognise that they may be Dale fans and doing things in a way, that they think is in the best interest of the club, but at the same time the approach of the CEO and board as been poor. In that they have not seen to work with the fans and the trust, but acted if we are a big business or a top football club, rather then understand Rochdale, the fans and our loyalty to the club.

I hope that the AGM will be be bridge building exercise and the board accept that they have made very poor decisions, which has cost us our league 1 status, cost us income from the gold bond for example and explain why decisions have been made. The fans have been alienated by such actions, giving BBM a new contract because he is a respected and highly regarded coach, and then keeping it quiet. This is a classic example of ignoring the core element of the club, the fans. The board and the CEO must have realised the clamour for the sacking of BBM due to the dire performances, but seemly based their decision on the views of other clubs high regard for BBM.

We all need to work together next season, but it takes two to tango, so do we need a unity board that includes Andrew Kelly and Dunphy for example, who will put personal views aside and work together for the benefit of the club. The board also needs to revert to the old model, in which they took the views of the fans on board, when making decisions and also reconnect with fans and town. We need unity over the next year or so, I have issues with DB approach and this may be to the reasons mentioned above and the lack of communication with the fans. The trust can and should be used by the board to take on board the fans views and communicate the financial issues by the club and the board decisions.

We are the Dale, we may disagree, but like all families we must come together in times of difficulties.
Right then... on 10:44 - May 2 with 1245 viewsD_Alien

Right then... on 09:44 - May 2 by NorthernDale

I have said on another post, I recognise that they may be Dale fans and doing things in a way, that they think is in the best interest of the club, but at the same time the approach of the CEO and board as been poor. In that they have not seen to work with the fans and the trust, but acted if we are a big business or a top football club, rather then understand Rochdale, the fans and our loyalty to the club.

I hope that the AGM will be be bridge building exercise and the board accept that they have made very poor decisions, which has cost us our league 1 status, cost us income from the gold bond for example and explain why decisions have been made. The fans have been alienated by such actions, giving BBM a new contract because he is a respected and highly regarded coach, and then keeping it quiet. This is a classic example of ignoring the core element of the club, the fans. The board and the CEO must have realised the clamour for the sacking of BBM due to the dire performances, but seemly based their decision on the views of other clubs high regard for BBM.

We all need to work together next season, but it takes two to tango, so do we need a unity board that includes Andrew Kelly and Dunphy for example, who will put personal views aside and work together for the benefit of the club. The board also needs to revert to the old model, in which they took the views of the fans on board, when making decisions and also reconnect with fans and town. We need unity over the next year or so, I have issues with DB approach and this may be to the reasons mentioned above and the lack of communication with the fans. The trust can and should be used by the board to take on board the fans views and communicate the financial issues by the club and the board decisions.

We are the Dale, we may disagree, but like all families we must come together in times of difficulties.

Your mug's in the post

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Right then... on 12:13 - May 2 with 1112 viewsNorthernDale

I am no fan of Bottomley and to a great extent, I hold him responsible for the mess we are in and the relegation. DB gave the most talented manager in English football an extension, instead of the sack. DB failed to sign Henderson and Camps up, no doubt thinking like some less able people could do the same job for less money, it is this small business mentality that as closed many businesses. I am convinced Hendo would have got the goals, we would have needed to stop up, so by saving his wages, it as cost us many times more in lost income next season. A classic example of short-termism, rather then looking at the bigger picture.

My criticisms of the board, is that they have allowed the CEO to operate in the way, he as. I feel that a different CEO, may ease the tensions. I do not think DB is a bad person and may have the Dales interests at heart, but he is just out of his depth as CEO and that is why he should stand down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024