Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ashes 22:43 - Dec 7 with 17126 viewsstowmarketrange

The Ashes start in less than 90 mins,and I wondered what people thought of our chances this time?
It will be strange not to be able to have the barmy army in force out there this winter.Although I can’t see us winning the urn back,I think it will be closer than 4 years ago.Just a shame that I can’t be over there for a month like I was 4 years ago.
I think it might’ve been closer then if we’d taken Stokes along,but that’s history now.I hope we put up more of a fight this time around.
Come on the poms.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2021 8:32]
The Ashes on 23:00 - Dec 7 with 4251 viewsnumptydumpty

It's very rare we do well in Australia.

Shame Jofra Archer not involved but bet the return of Ben Stokes is massive.

Wondering how effective Broad and Anderson will be. It's a big ask but let's hope we start off on a positive note...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

The Ashes on 23:17 - Dec 7 with 4217 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who's got the rights, folks, please?

Working late, so wouldn't mind watching it but can't find it anywhere tonight but also for the hole month.

Thanks.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Ashes on 23:19 - Dec 7 with 4217 viewsngbqpr

The Ashes on 23:17 - Dec 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Who's got the rights, folks, please?

Working late, so wouldn't mind watching it but can't find it anywhere tonight but also for the hole month.

Thanks.

BT Sport, BM

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The Ashes on 23:36 - Dec 7 with 4185 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Ashes on 23:19 - Dec 7 by ngbqpr

BT Sport, BM

Thanks ngb.

I don't have that through any package. I'll have a scout around.

The Ashes on 23:39 - Dec 7 with 4172 viewsKiwi76

Sorry Brian will not take on min by min updates as you so often do for us on the QPR games!
Threat of weather interruptions but good for England to win toss and just have to get through to lunch no more than couple down.
Very odd to have an Aussie team with skipper who is hard to dislike - the one bloke in their side I'd have a beer with...
The Ashes on 23:39 - Dec 7 with 4172 viewsCiderwithRsie

The Ashes on 23:00 - Dec 7 by numptydumpty

It's very rare we do well in Australia.

Shame Jofra Archer not involved but bet the return of Ben Stokes is massive.

Wondering how effective Broad and Anderson will be. It's a big ask but let's hope we start off on a positive note...

how effective Broad and Anderson will be

Not very, in this Test; Neither playing
The Ashes on 23:49 - Dec 7 with 4115 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Ashes on 23:39 - Dec 7 by Kiwi76

Sorry Brian will not take on min by min updates as you so often do for us on the QPR games!
Threat of weather interruptions but good for England to win toss and just have to get through to lunch no more than couple down.
Very odd to have an Aussie team with skipper who is hard to dislike - the one bloke in their side I'd have a beer with...

I've given up.

Frank Skinner is chatting about Wordsworth.

That'll do.

The Ashes on 00:07 - Dec 8 with 4091 viewsKiwi76

Feck me!
First bloody ball. (Burns)
For those interested Andy Zaltzman has a Bugle podcast running for The Ashes - just listened to the preamble ones and all about the first ball...
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 0:07]
Login to get fewer ads

The Ashes on 00:23 - Dec 8 with 4061 viewsKiwi76

& Malan gone.
Root in before 4 overs completed.
Good toss to lose for Cummins
The Ashes on 00:24 - Dec 8 with 4059 viewsted_hendrix

11-2.

So it's a goodnight from him.
And a goodnight from me..

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Ashes on 00:32 - Dec 8 with 4046 viewsstowmarketrange

The Ashes on 00:24 - Dec 8 by ted_hendrix

11-2.

Me too.11/3.
The Ashes on 00:32 - Dec 8 with 4046 viewsKiwi76

The Ashes on 00:24 - Dec 8 by ted_hendrix

11-2.

Good call Ted - Root gone and 11-3.
The Ashes on 00:33 - Dec 8 with 4044 viewsMatch82

At least English cricket doesn't tempt you in with thinking it's winnable...

Nope, let's set the tone, first ball, bosh. Take that hope and optimism.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 0:38]
The Ashes on 00:48 - Dec 8 with 3978 viewsTomS

White ball good. Red ball bad. Discuss.
The Ashes on 01:12 - Dec 8 with 3954 viewsHantsR

Stokes gone, so I'm off to bed.
The Ashes on 04:36 - Dec 8 with 3893 viewsHooparoo

Bit of local knowledge (the Gabba is about 1k from my place) - on a humid day on a green top the Queensland team often bowl first if they win the toss so the Aussies were probably happy you chose to bat first. The first session was always going to be tough. Long way to go of course

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

The Ashes on 05:16 - Dec 8 with 3881 viewsWirralHoop

I doubt even the weather can save us.

Big call to leave out Broad and Anderson but not like we’ve been successful with them out there on recent tours.

Bottom line though we haven’t been able to bat consistently for a long time.

Going back to bed.
The Ashes on 05:21 - Dec 8 with 3876 viewsBrisbaneR

Well this will be a nice surprise when you all wake up wont it?

I'm sweating my cobblers off on a VERY humid day in Brisbane...green top, humidity, heavy cloud cover, opposition strength would have to be their pace attack - we'll have a bat. Hmmm...

Contrasting first day for the captains, lets hope Root has better to come.
I cant bring myself to dislike Pat Cummins, he does seem like a genuinely good bloke and he can play. Warner on the other hand...
The Ashes on 06:14 - Dec 8 with 3841 viewsSydneyRs

England are completely underdone, aren't particularly good anyway and I get the feeling that they really don't want to be here and were pressured into coming so that TV and advertising money could be made.

Cant see it being much of a series. To be fair though, most ashes series here are terrible in terms of being a contest. Even the one we won in 2010/11, the 3 wins were all by more than an innings and we got a draw in another test after declaring on 517/1.
The Ashes on 06:15 - Dec 8 with 3838 viewsCamberleyR

Just woke up and seen the score. I thought it would be another 5-0 whitewash to them before it started as we don't have the quick bowling you need over there and the batting bar Root is genuinely not good enough. Burns' first baller reminiscent of Harmison's horrendous first ball wide when Nasser Hussain put them in in Brisbane nearly 20 years ago.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Ashes on 07:22 - Dec 8 with 3793 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Did we really expect anything else? Did the classic wake up at 3ish, check the score, say typical, roll over and back to sleep.
The Ashes on 08:12 - Dec 8 with 3730 viewsBlackCrowe

The Ashes on 07:22 - Dec 8 by BlackAndGoldRanger

Did we really expect anything else? Did the classic wake up at 3ish, check the score, say typical, roll over and back to sleep.

This.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

The Ashes on 08:21 - Dec 8 with 3715 viewsRs_Holy

The Ashes on 06:15 - Dec 8 by CamberleyR

Just woke up and seen the score. I thought it would be another 5-0 whitewash to them before it started as we don't have the quick bowling you need over there and the batting bar Root is genuinely not good enough. Burns' first baller reminiscent of Harmison's horrendous first ball wide when Nasser Hussain put them in in Brisbane nearly 20 years ago.

a mate of mine who knows a lot more about cricket than me said "anything other than a 5-0 whitewash will be a morale victory".
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 8:51]
The Ashes on 08:27 - Dec 8 with 3696 viewstoboboly

The Ashes on 06:14 - Dec 8 by SydneyRs

England are completely underdone, aren't particularly good anyway and I get the feeling that they really don't want to be here and were pressured into coming so that TV and advertising money could be made.

Cant see it being much of a series. To be fair though, most ashes series here are terrible in terms of being a contest. Even the one we won in 2010/11, the 3 wins were all by more than an innings and we got a draw in another test after declaring on 517/1.

This.

They had the worst warm up schedule i have ever seen for an ashes and then had to cancel most of it due to weather.

To compound things the wicket looked like Bushey Park in Spring.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

The Ashes on 08:46 - Dec 8 with 3666 viewsShotKneesHoop

Why does the England Cricket Squad always remind me of QPR?

Because it's the hope that kills you.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024