Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread 13:17 - Jan 15 with 12479 viewsHullDale

Been a while since we needed one of these!

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 14:01 - Jan 15 with 6794 viewsHullDale

[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 14:06]
Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 14:06 - Jan 15 with 6765 viewsHullDale

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 14:11 - Jan 15 with 6609 viewsShun

Dooley at RWB, I assume.

Also Tranmere are starting Kane Hemmings after only signing him from Burton yesterday. Good player for this level.
Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 14:53 - Jan 15 with 6439 viewsTomRAFC

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 14:11 - Jan 15 by Shun

Dooley at RWB, I assume.

Also Tranmere are starting Kane Hemmings after only signing him from Burton yesterday. Good player for this level.

Commentary just suggested Broadbent is at wingback.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 15:03 - Jan 15 with 6361 viewsfrequency

ffs 1.0

Hate city

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 15:05 - Jan 15 with 6286 views49thseason

Its all going well then....
Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 15:07 - Jan 15 with 6208 viewsSuddenLad

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 15:03 - Jan 15 by frequency

ffs 1.0

Shocking error from Coleman, gave the ball straight to a Tranmere player who promptly put it past him into the net. Poor start.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 15:07 - Jan 15 with 6214 viewsTomRAFC

Not used ifollow in a while. Our commentary team sound like they're neutrals, they seem more interested in Tranmere.

Login to get fewer ads

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 15:15 - Jan 15 with 6028 viewsSuddenLad

2-0 Tranmere

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 15:16 - Jan 15 with 6051 viewsfrequency

Hate city

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 15:32 - Jan 15 with 5669 views_Windydale

Dale didn't come out fired up, very sloppy stuff first 15 mins.

Tranmere Rovers have the 2 goal cushion and not pressing as much. Given us chance to wake up and string some passes together. Better. But only cos Tranmere are 2 up.
Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 15:46 - Jan 15 with 5450 views49thseason

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 15:32 - Jan 15 by _Windydale

Dale didn't come out fired up, very sloppy stuff first 15 mins.

Tranmere Rovers have the 2 goal cushion and not pressing as much. Given us chance to wake up and string some passes together. Better. But only cos Tranmere are 2 up.

Almost inevitable after nearly a month with no game.
Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 15:50 - Jan 15 with 5377 viewsRotherhamDale

2 goal head start... similar to the Harrogate game.

Some half decent football after that but Andrews may as well be not playing.

O'Connell is the best player in this side by a mile. No chance he stays at this rate

Possession with progression.

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 15:50 - Jan 15 with 5370 views_Windydale

Don't see why Dale can't get a goal.

Some good short passes in attacking positions. Grant is the pick of the team's first-half picking out Dale's Players in good positions. Just a bit of luck if it carries on this way in the 2nd Half. Wish Ady White was a bit sharper.

Tranmere always seem to have a body in the way and Broadbents yet to get a successful cross-in without a foot clearing the ball.
Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 15:51 - Jan 15 with 5355 viewsTomRAFC

O'Connell has been shouting at the rest of the team for most of the game.

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 15:55 - Jan 15 with 5302 views_Windydale

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 15:46 - Jan 15 by 49thseason

Almost inevitable after nearly a month with no game.

Yes, it's plain to see the difference in match fitness. Tranmere has played every game over the Christmas period and early January.
Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 16:06 - Jan 15 with 5135 viewsfrequency

Come on Dale we need an early goal

Hate city

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 16:17 - Jan 15 with 4944 viewsShun

We’re absolutely dominating on all stats. Is it just lack of a good striker or are we playing badly?
Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 16:26 - Jan 15 with 4872 views_Windydale

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 16:17 - Jan 15 by Shun

We’re absolutely dominating on all stats. Is it just lack of a good striker or are we playing badly?

Tranmere just defending the lead, giving us more possession. Stats may be better. Tranmere Playing the game of slow throwings etc. No chances at the moment. The odd stray pass picked up by Tranmere, we are not getting near their goalmouth.
Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 16:52 - Jan 15 with 4536 viewsdingdangblue

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 16:17 - Jan 15 by Shun

It's almost as if we've sold our top scorer and not replaced him yet.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 16:54 - Jan 15 with 4533 viewsRotherhamDale

Theyve defended really well but we didn't make them work at all for their two goals. We've then had plenty of the ball without threatening.

I thought Downing looked solid. Headed and cleared everything.

Our forward line is so poor. I hope Stockdale manages to change that this week

Possession with progression.

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:00 - Jan 15 with 4434 views_Windydale

It's not too much of a disappointing loss, frustrating we didn't put one away, we had some good attacking moves. Done missed a sitter, he could have turned and scored with arse but somehow chested it away missing 1 yard out from a great cross into the box.

Plus points are Downing has had a good debut despite the scoreline, his presence allowing O'Connell to help out further up the field in attack. Again we were sh1t first 15 minutes but Dowsett put some great tackles in.

Broadbent wasn't great with some of his ball control and crosses. However, I'm sure the more matches he'll improve.

If the new guys coming in are decent I think there is nothing for us to worry about. A tough game against a side who played it tactically spot on against us. Giving us no time, time wasting on the ball and defending in numbers.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:00]
Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:11 - Jan 15 with 4275 views1907

Had we brought Cashman on instead of Done we could well have drawn that match. I sincerely hope that’s the last we see of Done.

First half we looked like a side that hadn’t played for a month and had sold two key players as well as losing one due to expiry of a loan.

We actually did quite well in the middle of the pitch but created very little and had absolutely nothing up front for the large part.

It’s a shame we’ve not managed to get replacements in sooner as I suspect there will be a couple of new recruits at the start of the week who probably would have made a difference today.

Expected to lose today, disappointed with the pathetic goals conceded, thought White was really poor throughout but we actually could have got something from that game. Strange one.
Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:25 - Jan 15 with 4123 views49thseason

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:11 - Jan 15 by 1907

Had we brought Cashman on instead of Done we could well have drawn that match. I sincerely hope that’s the last we see of Done.

First half we looked like a side that hadn’t played for a month and had sold two key players as well as losing one due to expiry of a loan.

We actually did quite well in the middle of the pitch but created very little and had absolutely nothing up front for the large part.

It’s a shame we’ve not managed to get replacements in sooner as I suspect there will be a couple of new recruits at the start of the week who probably would have made a difference today.

Expected to lose today, disappointed with the pathetic goals conceded, thought White was really poor throughout but we actually could have got something from that game. Strange one.

Are saying Done is done? I sincerely hope so, he has added nothing since we re-signed him. A completely wasted wage, I would pay him off now if we had the money to do so. Better to give an enthusiastic kid some game time.... Imagine if young Thomas had managed to put that chance away or maybe Brierley?

Anyway, if we can get a couple of players in early doors this week, at least they will have a few days to settle in and figure out who is who and whats needed.
Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:26 - Jan 15 with 4098 viewsjonahwhereru

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:00 - Jan 15 by _Windydale

It's not too much of a disappointing loss, frustrating we didn't put one away, we had some good attacking moves. Done missed a sitter, he could have turned and scored with arse but somehow chested it away missing 1 yard out from a great cross into the box.

Plus points are Downing has had a good debut despite the scoreline, his presence allowing O'Connell to help out further up the field in attack. Again we were sh1t first 15 minutes but Dowsett put some great tackles in.

Broadbent wasn't great with some of his ball control and crosses. However, I'm sure the more matches he'll improve.

If the new guys coming in are decent I think there is nothing for us to worry about. A tough game against a side who played it tactically spot on against us. Giving us no time, time wasting on the ball and defending in numbers.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:00]

This is one where the armchair supporter like me has no real idea what to make of this performance. 1st game after an enforced break, against a match fit side who concede very few goals. We give ourselves a mounting to climb without a midfield creator and a forward workhorse who is top scorer in the building.
Should I be worried as more points slip? Reassured that even with all of the above we competed well against an in form side. Or excited about the possibilities after we have strengthened?
I suspect there may be reason to be a bit of all three, but I remain optimistic, even if I am anxious for every incoming transfer rumour.
Glad to hear Downing was solid. He can only improve for us once he is more familiar with the set up.
Football at last.
UTDNFS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024