Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets on Sunday 19:31 - Feb 24 with 260638 viewsEllDale

They’re tweeting that their “matchday operations” are being restricted for the home game against Barrow on Sunday for reasons that they don’t want to divulge at the moment.
The bottom line is that the crowd capacity is limited to 920 and there will be no cash admissions on the day.
Wonder what that’s all about?
Hornets on Sunday on 08:02 - Mar 28 with 1905 viewsjudd

Hornets on Sunday on 07:52 - Mar 28 by RochdaleGlory

Wouldn’t know the guy if I fell over him but people in the town are saying nothing but positive things about the current board and progress Hornets are making since a disastrous 2019 under "fan ownership".

Ask Hornets fans in the town about do gooders running clubs and fans in boardrooms. Sports clubs need experienced operators and investment if they have any level of ambition in any sport at any level in my humble opinion.

One thing that is for sure they don’t seem to be going down the pan as quickly as we are under our current chairman and board and they ain’t out using begging bowls and scrimping and borrowing.

A lot of deflection since my last post here but I'm told by some very reliable sources in the town that the RL club are doing nothing wrong at all and we are out of order in the way we dealing with them. I believe this to be true as senior people in the council are monitoring it.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 9:00]

"One thing that is for sure they don’t seem to be going down the pan as quickly as we are under our current chairman and board and they ain’t out using begging bowls and scrimping and borrowing."

" I believe this to be true as senior people in the council are monitoring it."

Absolutely pathetic.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hornets on Sunday on 08:07 - Mar 28 with 1888 viewsRochdaleGlory

Hornets on Sunday on 07:58 - Mar 28 by 442Dale

Presumably there will be links to information to back up opinions posted?

Especially when it’s mentioning officials at the council. Is this minuted somewhere for example?

Edit: RAFC have had the most successful period in the club’s history at the same time as the game itself has been flooded with ridiculous money at all levels. That was without outside investment. Last season we were relegated with a squad that was good enough to stay up and compete in League One. It is not necessary to have outside investment to achieve in football and it is utter nonsense to suggest otherwise.

Edit 2: “at any level”. The newly formed Bury AFC have just won their league. A 100% fan owned club.
“at any level”
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 8:04]

Unlike the guy I responded to who is clearly a puppet of Gauge and Co and deflecting hard while being on here 24/7 I don’t have the time or inclination to be trawling the internet in such fashion as I have a life.

Just get off your keyboards and go out and talk to people in the town.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 8:59]
Hornets on Sunday on 08:12 - Mar 28 with 1881 viewsRochdaleGlory

Hornets on Sunday on 08:02 - Mar 28 by judd

"One thing that is for sure they don’t seem to be going down the pan as quickly as we are under our current chairman and board and they ain’t out using begging bowls and scrimping and borrowing."

" I believe this to be true as senior people in the council are monitoring it."

Absolutely pathetic.

The direction our club is taking is clear and we are going down quicker than a tramp on chips.

We should be respecting fellow community clubs and working together not alienating them
and intern damaging our standing and credibility within the local authority.

You can try and deflect away from that all you like but that’s the top and bottom.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 8:15]
Hornets on Sunday on 08:14 - Mar 28 with 1863 viewsTVOS1907

Hornets on Sunday on 08:12 - Mar 28 by RochdaleGlory

The direction our club is taking is clear and we are going down quicker than a tramp on chips.

We should be respecting fellow community clubs and working together not alienating them

You can try and deflect away from that all you like but that’s the top and bottom.

A bit like Ed Case on Twitter, it might be an idea to use "in turn" instead of "intern".

Try again.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hornets on Sunday on 08:15 - Mar 28 with 1863 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 08:07 - Mar 28 by RochdaleGlory

Unlike the guy I responded to who is clearly a puppet of Gauge and Co and deflecting hard while being on here 24/7 I don’t have the time or inclination to be trawling the internet in such fashion as I have a life.

Bit of a theme on here with you and similar types isn’t it?

Asked to provide evidence to back up your claims and you’re always “too busy/don’t spend my life on the internet/not wasting my time on you”

There was a post about you the other day (since deleted) that you won’t have seen with you being busy and that. We can all use a VPN, pumpkin.
Hornets on Sunday on 08:20 - Mar 28 with 1833 views442Dale

Hornets on Sunday on 08:07 - Mar 28 by RochdaleGlory

Which “senior people” at the council? Names will do.
Where in the town do we have to talk to people?

Someone won’t need to trawl the internet to back up opinions if they’re so sure - they’ll have the information already.

And the point about investment - care to respond to the FACTS that dispute it?
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 8:21]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hornets on Sunday on 08:24 - Mar 28 with 1801 viewsjudd

If you're not connected to Hornets I'll eat my begging hat.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hornets on Sunday on 08:24 - Mar 28 with 1798 viewsDalenet

I think you need to take that chip off your shoulder. Nobody hates Hornets. The rugby club has been mismanaged for decades and if we are honest is barely surving given its meagre income. Thank goodness Paul Ormerod has written off his loans or you would have almost no working capital. But it is still around for the 400 fans that want to watch it and you have the privilege of being able to do it in a decent stadium for this standard of rugby. Why so bitter - if you really cared enough you'd be trying to find out why Hornets has this issue. I saw that Hornets were happy to use the scoreboard yesterday. You have access to facilities that are not enjoyed at other League One or many Championship clubs. And unlike in 1988, you no longer contribute proprtionately to them.

Of course most of us don't believe you are a hornets supporter at all
Login to get fewer ads

Hornets on Sunday on 08:25 - Mar 28 with 1793 viewsRochdaleGlory

Hornets on Sunday on 08:15 - Mar 28 by kel

Bit of a theme on here with you and similar types isn’t it?

Asked to provide evidence to back up your claims and you’re always “too busy/don’t spend my life on the internet/not wasting my time on you”

There was a post about you the other day (since deleted) that you won’t have seen with you being busy and that. We can all use a VPN, pumpkin.

Provide evidence lol.

It’s an Internet forum not a court of law.

I will leave it with you to prove what I’m saying is wrong as I have neither the spare time or inclination.
Hornets on Sunday on 08:31 - Mar 28 with 1778 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 08:25 - Mar 28 by RochdaleGlory

Provide evidence lol.

I will leave it with you to prove what I’m saying is wrong as I have neither the spare time or inclination.

As you used the phrase “lol” one can only assume you’re about 12. Have a great day at school, son.
Hornets on Sunday on 08:33 - Mar 28 with 1769 viewsRochdaleGlory

Hornets on Sunday on 08:24 - Mar 28 by Dalenet

I think you need to take that chip off your shoulder. Nobody hates Hornets. The rugby club has been mismanaged for decades and if we are honest is barely surving given its meagre income. Thank goodness Paul Ormerod has written off his loans or you would have almost no working capital. But it is still around for the 400 fans that want to watch it and you have the privilege of being able to do it in a decent stadium for this standard of rugby. Why so bitter - if you really cared enough you'd be trying to find out why Hornets has this issue. I saw that Hornets were happy to use the scoreboard yesterday. You have access to facilities that are not enjoyed at other League One or many Championship clubs. And unlike in 1988, you no longer contribute proprtionately to them.

Without Hornets we wouldn’t even own the stadium outright.

And without financial support of the council in recent times we probably wouldn’t be here.

I believe Hornets current arrangements reflect a wider agreement and a contract negotiated at a certain point in time but remains legally valid.

Just because we are now pot less and in the carp it doesn’t excuse a hostile and arbitrary approach to business and a community partner.
Hornets on Sunday on 08:34 - Mar 28 with 1770 viewskel

Provide evidence lol.

Anyway, I’ve heard some at Hornets are “on the fiddle”

I’ll leave it with you to prove me wrong.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 8:34]
Hornets on Sunday on 08:36 - Mar 28 with 1766 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 08:33 - Mar 28 by RochdaleGlory

And without financial support of the council in recent times we probably wouldn’t be here.

I believe Hornets current arrangements reflect a wider agreement and a contract negotiated at a certain point in time but remains legally valid.

Just because we are now pot less and in the carp it doesn’t excuse a hostile and arbitrary approach to business and a community partner.

We “lol”

You’re no more a Dale fan than I am a Hornets one. Loose lips and all that 😀
Hornets on Sunday on 08:44 - Mar 28 with 1741 viewsDalenet

Hornets on Sunday on 08:33 - Mar 28 by RochdaleGlory

Interesting observation. Without hornets going under Dale wouldn't own the stadium....it was the RL authorities that sold hornets share to Dale. Hornets had no choice.

The Council has kept both clubs alive in the past and thank god they did. Still don't know what your argument is with Dale's Board. If you think that Hornets are being hard done by then find the evidence or share it on here. But you won't.
Hornets on Sunday on 08:46 - Mar 28 with 1734 viewskel

The gravy train is approaching its final destination and he knows it. That’s really where his bitterness comes from and I’m enjoying his meltdown personally.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:50 - Mar 28 with 1720 viewsRochdaleGlory

Hornets on Sunday on 08:52 - Mar 28 with 1711 viewsD_Alien

Provide evidence lol.

More a case of MorningGlory then?

Unable to perform after the initial flush

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hornets on Sunday on 08:54 - Mar 28 with 1694 viewsRochdaleGlory

Hornets on Sunday on 08:44 - Mar 28 by Dalenet

Interesting observation. Without hornets going under Dale wouldn't own the stadium....it was the RL authorities that sold hornets share to Dale. Hornets had no choice.

The Council has kept both clubs alive in the past and thank god they did. Still don't know what your argument is with Dale's Board. If you think that Hornets are being hard done by then find the evidence or share it on here. But you won't.

I will say it again it’s an Internet forum not a court of law. You prove what I’m saying is wrong as my opinion is worth as much as yours and everyone else's here.

Your right about the council and it’s support of both clubs. Further strengthens the opinion that we should be being seen to be supportive of Hornets and indeed everyone else in our community if attempting to brand ourselves as a community club and club of people.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 8:57]
Hornets on Sunday on 09:04 - Mar 28 with 1661 viewsRochdaleGlory

Hornets on Sunday on 08:14 - Mar 28 by TVOS1907

A bit like Ed Case on Twitter, it might be an idea to use "in turn" instead of "intern".

Try again.

Grammar police....
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 9:04]
Hornets on Sunday on 09:06 - Mar 28 with 1646 viewsDalenet

Hornets on Sunday on 08:54 - Mar 28 by RochdaleGlory

I will say it again it’s an Internet forum not a court of law. You prove what I’m saying is wrong as my opinion is worth as much as yours and everyone else's here.

Your right about the council and it’s support of both clubs. Further strengthens the opinion that we should be being seen to be supportive of Hornets and indeed everyone else in our community if attempting to brand ourselves as a community club and club of people.

Just to be clear - are you arguing that Dale should be subsidising Hornets in the spirit of being a community club and wanting to support the wider town.
Hornets on Sunday on 09:13 - Mar 28 with 1610 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 09:04 - Mar 28 by RochdaleGlory

Grammar police....
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 9:04]

“Your right about the council”

*You’re
Hornets on Sunday on 09:15 - Mar 28 with 1606 viewsDalenet

Hornets on Sunday on 08:46 - Mar 28 by kel

The gravy train is approaching its final destination and he knows it. That’s really where his bitterness comes from and I’m enjoying his meltdown personally.

Thing is Kel, I am not sure he is a true Hornets fan. Look at their forum. Despite yesterday being the start of a new season, there were only three people on their messageboard. One is Tyroneshoelaces who posts on here and seems sensible. Another is somebody that didn't even turn up to watch the game. Rochdale Glory seems to be quite an active social media contributor here all of a sudden - yet can't be bothered to engage with Hornets fans. He/she is either Hornets Board, or somebody who is now anti Dale whilst he awaits his fate from the EFL.
Hornets on Sunday on 09:15 - Mar 28 with 1607 views442Dale

Hornets on Sunday on 08:54 - Mar 28 by RochdaleGlory

An opinion backed up with facts carries more substance. Simply that.

But you’ve neither the time or the inclination.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hornets on Sunday on 09:17 - Mar 28 with 1595 viewsRochdaleGlory

Hornets on Sunday on 09:06 - Mar 28 by Dalenet

Just to be clear - are you arguing that Dale should be subsidising Hornets in the spirit of being a community club and wanting to support the wider town.

I am not arguing anything my friend.

i am giving an opinion based on what i am hearing in and around the town in the sporting community of Rochdale.

I do not listen to tap room gossip either and my sources arent HP or Daddies.
Hornets on Sunday on 09:20 - Mar 28 with 1585 viewsD_Alien

It wouldn't be in the least surprising to find that Bottomley tried getting his nefarious hooks into Hornets

I think what we're seeing here reflects that

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024