Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United 09:00 - Jan 27 with 3558 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United 27th Jan 2023 09:00
Ross Joyce is the man in charge of Dale’s home game against Carlisle United on Saturday. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 17:01 - Jan 28 with 3396 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Another useless tosser on a par with Kettle....and we seem to get more of our fair share of him!
Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 17:04 - Jan 28 with 3380 viewsmightydale

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 17:01 - Jan 28 by Yorkshire_Dale

Another useless tosser on a par with Kettle....and we seem to get more of our fair share of him!

I'd look closer to home to lay the blame

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 17:15 - Jan 28 with 3348 viewsDalenet

We didnt lose that because of the ref. Jim mc was lucky to avoid a couple of yellow cards.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 17:19 - Jan 28 with 3339 views442Dale

Apart from a possible penalty shout, what did he do that was so bad?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:39 - Jan 28 with 3295 viewsmightydale

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 09:16 - Jan 29 with 2995 viewsgolfaduffy

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 17:19 - Jan 28 by 442Dale

Having now watched it back, the Hendo "goal" is very marginal. The lineman should signal straight way instead of waiting till surrounded by them.

The elbow is as clear a straight red as you will ever see. Their players all know it as well if you look at them reaction. The penalty shout looks another poor decision. 9 times out of tem a ref will give it.

He also missed 2 obvious yellow cards for Jim plus another blatant yellow card for one of their players. Just a poor days work for the officials.

Awful ref. I have no idea why you couldn't see the elbow or the penalty shout unless you were stood in the sandy.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 10:30 - Jan 29 with 2930 viewsNafelad

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 17:19 - Jan 28 by 442Dale

It's more a case of what he didn't do - e.g. make correct decisions.

Topcat

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 10:55 - Jan 29 with 2882 viewsEllDale

I'd forgotten that he'd given the Carlisle player a yellow card after the foul on Jim.
If he's dishing out cards for that sort of offence then surely it must be red.
Login to get fewer ads

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 11:13 - Jan 29 with 2843 views442Dale

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 09:16 - Jan 29 by golfaduffy

Having now watched it back, the Hendo "goal" is very marginal. The lineman should signal straight way instead of waiting till surrounded by them.

The elbow is as clear a straight red as you will ever see. Their players all know it as well if you look at them reaction. The penalty shout looks another poor decision. 9 times out of tem a ref will give it.

He also missed 2 obvious yellow cards for Jim plus another blatant yellow card for one of their players. Just a poor days work for the officials.

Awful ref. I have no idea why you couldn't see the elbow or the penalty shout unless you were stood in the sandy.

Yep, in the Sandy. I did see the penalty shout, see my post. It looked a pen.

Also posted elsewhere about the liner probably thinking the ball coming off a Carlisle player and that’s why he checked with the ref.

The elbow: need to see again, McNulty stayed down right until the moment the card was shown, so only he and the player will know for sure. Is there a video of it.

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 11:24 - Jan 29 with 2817 viewsEllDale

I was in the Sandy as well and the push looked a nailed on penalty.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 12:36 - Jan 29 with 2727 viewsD_Alien

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 11:24 - Jan 29 by EllDale

I was in the Sandy as well and the push looked a nailed on penalty.

I'm not so sure. As posted yesterday, Rodney gets knocked off the ball so easily, and there's always a push involved in very close challenges. My conclusion: he was lining up a shot, felt a push and took the easy option

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 12:40 - Jan 29 with 2716 viewsgolfaduffy

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 11:13 - Jan 29 by 442Dale

Yep, in the Sandy. I did see the penalty shout, see my post. It looked a pen.

Also posted elsewhere about the liner probably thinking the ball coming off a Carlisle player and that’s why he checked with the ref.

The elbow: need to see again, McNulty stayed down right until the moment the card was shown, so only he and the player will know for sure. Is there a video of it.

Whats your view on giving a yellow card for an elbow? Surely it's either a red or accidental, so no card.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 14:45 - Jan 29 with 2611 views442Dale

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 12:40 - Jan 29 by golfaduffy

Whats your view on giving a yellow card for an elbow? Surely it's either a red or accidental, so no card.

Without being able to see this one again, it’s an argument that will always rage as an elbow can catch someone without meaning to when running/jumping and then a yellow makes sense. Deliberately throwing an elbow with the intent to catch an opponent would be red.

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 10:24 - Jan 30 with 2443 viewsToffeemanc

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 14:45 - Jan 29 by 442Dale

Without being able to see this one again, it’s an argument that will always rage as an elbow can catch someone without meaning to when running/jumping and then a yellow makes sense. Deliberately throwing an elbow with the intent to catch an opponent would be red.

https://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-carlisle-united/report/468720

I'd say that is a clear intentional elbow that only an inept referee wouldn't give a red card for.
By giving a yellow he is effectively stating he did see the incident, so the fact he deemed it not worthy of a red shows how poor the decision was.
If that incident had happened in a premier league game VAR would have overturned the refs decision to a Red without doubt.

The problem at this level is that a lot of referees / officials are just not good enough and these types of errors happen pretty frequently. Personally I think it is because most of the officials are either just starting out/early in their professional careers and prone to errors due to lack of experience, or they have been refereeing at this level for years because they aren't good enough to go any higher up the leagues.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 13:26 - Jan 30 with 2322 views442Dale

Refwatch: Rochdale v Carlisle United on 10:24 - Jan 30 by Toffeemanc

https://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-carlisle-united/report/468720

I'd say that is a clear intentional elbow that only an inept referee wouldn't give a red card for.
By giving a yellow he is effectively stating he did see the incident, so the fact he deemed it not worthy of a red shows how poor the decision was.
If that incident had happened in a premier league game VAR would have overturned the refs decision to a Red without doubt.

The problem at this level is that a lot of referees / officials are just not good enough and these types of errors happen pretty frequently. Personally I think it is because most of the officials are either just starting out/early in their professional careers and prone to errors due to lack of experience, or they have been refereeing at this level for years because they aren't good enough to go any higher up the leagues.

Yep, that’d be a red after seeing it. Reckless and unnecessary. The ref probably thought he caught him jumping for the ball but would say that’s wrong.

They make mistakes, they always have and not really sure what can be done to eradicate that totally. Fans higher up say the same - Burnley fans bemoaning refs in the Championship for example.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024