Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe, just maybe… 08:24 - Feb 22 with 3121 viewstruenorth

Clutching at straws I know, but a few words of advice for our non-seeing manager.

It’s time to remove the three stooges from our spine, out goes Landell (no passion, no bite, no captain), Didgeridoo (graceless, clumsiness, ineptness) and Jimmy K (slow feet, slow brain, slow boat to China as far as I’m concerned).

In our midfield put Mullarkey central, he’s a battler, not a bottler, has more control than the current midfield and will drive at the opposition. Assume Brierley can join him there after seeing him last night (plenty of intense half-time warm-up — why?) .

Dodgson on one side of them, Odoh on the other.

Three at the back, three at the front… Taylor (remind me again why you dropped our best player from the Northants game for the Gills game?), Rhys and Seriki. Quiggs, Danny Lloyd and Hendo up front.

And perhaps when you’ve thought about that and decided it’s the way to go, you might consider leaving the same players in those positions for more than 90 mins? Something tells me we’ve got more potential to pick up points if you stop fooking about the side.

TN

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Maybe, just maybe… on 09:20 - Feb 22 with 2917 viewsDrigdale

Found it strange that Brierley a player destined for a Championship club was not deemed good enough to bring on. Was his late inclusion replacing Kelly some kind of token act/smoke screen/bluff. We actually saw him arriving about 7.20pm. He was walking through the car park in his track suit. Hardly the ideal sort of preparation for a game.
Maybe, just maybe… on 09:53 - Feb 22 with 2755 viewsnordenblue

Maybe, just maybe… on 09:20 - Feb 22 by Drigdale

Found it strange that Brierley a player destined for a Championship club was not deemed good enough to bring on. Was his late inclusion replacing Kelly some kind of token act/smoke screen/bluff. We actually saw him arriving about 7.20pm. He was walking through the car park in his track suit. Hardly the ideal sort of preparation for a game.

It's probably the ideal preparation for a player not even planning to be in the squad for the game, hence why he wouldn't have been brought on ideally too.
Maybe, just maybe… on 10:57 - Feb 22 with 2553 viewsDrigdale

Maybe, just maybe… on 09:53 - Feb 22 by nordenblue

It's probably the ideal preparation for a player not even planning to be in the squad for the game, hence why he wouldn't have been brought on ideally too.

I agree that's why he wasn't probably used but surely there should be some contingency planning in place for a player being injured in the warm up. Not just use someone turning up 25 minutes before the game to make up numbers.
Just name 6 subs then rather than build fans expectations up, we all saw Brierley and wanted him to come on. A professional club would have players on standby suitably warmed up and prepared.
Maybe, just maybe… on 11:16 - Feb 22 with 2476 viewsAtThePeake

Maybe, just maybe… on 09:20 - Feb 22 by Drigdale

After he warmed up in front of the Main Stand for the first time, he shook Chadwick's hand as he returned to the dugout. Really strange thing to do if you've been seeing each other every day in training.

He evidently hasn't been training and was asked to sit on the bench at the last second, suspect the intense warm-up was in case something happened and he needed to be brought on but as the game wore on the management team decided it probably wasn't a smart idea to bring on a young kid who hasn't trained for weeks in a game we were bound to lose anyway. Which begs the question why he was on the bench whatsoever. It's a circus.

Tangled up in blue.

Maybe, just maybe… on 11:29 - Feb 22 with 2404 views442Dale

Will probably regret asking this… where was Ball?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Maybe, just maybe… on 12:05 - Feb 22 with 2274 views49thseason

Maybe, just maybe… on 11:29 - Feb 22 by 442Dale

Why would you care?
Maybe, just maybe… on 12:09 - Feb 22 with 2247 viewsBoss_Hog

You can pick whoever you want from our current squad, simple matter of the truth is that the starting XI won't be good enough to stay up.

We've got players donning our shirt who would rightly feature in any Worst XI side from my many years watching the club, some of whom you've named. Our players cannot do the basics, they are lacking any quality and many are amazingly contracted for next season.
Maybe, just maybe… on 12:32 - Feb 22 with 2134 viewsdingdangblue

Maybe, just maybe… on 11:29 - Feb 22 by 442Dale

Going through Eastwoods hands.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Maybe, just maybe… on 15:55 - Feb 22 with 1708 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

There have been some very poor players who have donned the Dale shirt in years gone by. But what many of those poor players did have was fight and honesty to give it their best even if they were lacking.
Since Mullarky has come in, he has put the majority of the squad to shame, players stealing a wage and not giving a damn. Players who assist goals once every Preston Guild, players who probably haven't broken sweat at the back because they only attempt a challenge 1 in 5 situations. Players who seem to have nothing but contempt for their manager, coaches and club staff, because if this were not true they wouldn't be able to jog off the pitch having done their best for the cause.
I don't really know why I am bothering with this because even if those players did read it, they'd just laugh while checking their bank accounts online. Meanwhile our fans are emptying their bank accounts to pay people who don't care, mercenaries who should be worried as they will soon be unemployed and many unemployable. We had a worse team in a worse situation back in 1978-79 but that team had balls, played on injured and literally dragged the club out of danger. Unfortunately the half a dozen that care can't do the work of a whole squad. R.I.P.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024