Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. 18:12 - May 12 with 8468 viewsDale_4_Life

I was thinking how can we fans help the club.

Season ticket purchased early and new merchendise bought for the new season they are a given.

Encourage lapsed supporters that the club is on the brink but not cast adrift at sea, a Winning start and attractive attacking football will help but it would be great if we could match and even better the last season home attendance numbers.

If you know any lapsed fan try and get them to buy into the idea of coming down buying a season card and having a good time at Spotland once every two weeks. I know the club will be rolling out promotions and deals in the next few months. Its time to dig deep, not necessarily in the pockets more in the soul.. we are Dale and we can be amazing. Lets not roll over instead roll up the sleeves and bang the Dale drum nice and loud.

Roll on the fixture list being announced and the dawn of a brand new challenge.

Up the Dale.
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 15:07 - May 13 with 2588 viewsTVOS1907

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 11:43 - May 13 by electricblue

I dont have the twitter app otherwise if i did i would have known..

We will have to wait and see now what McNulty does......

This has nothing to do with 'the twitter app':

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/may/jimmymcnultyheadcoach_120523/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 15:10 - May 13 with 2557 viewskel

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 08:01 - May 13 by electricblue

Where is the media photo of McNulty on the pitch holding a Dale scarf over his head with the headline of a new manager etc...

They cannot even do that and all we get is a 12min youtube video of the droning voice of the manager..

Not very inspiring at all..

The current BoD come across as having the same attitude as the previous BoDs..

I did intend to buy a SC this coming season before heading off to live over 200miles away and become a member of the exiles next year.
I did intend to bring our 13yr old nephew to watch his first proper live sat in the stand football match and to feel the experience..

So what I may do is to pick n choose which saturday matches i want to attend and maybe bring our 13yr old nephew aswell....

Ah well nevermind

Apparently that’s the exact thing that happened that triggered the rumours (the pitch and scarf thing). As I said on another thread, someone at the club can’t resist leaking info to give them the attention they so clearly crave. Bit sad really.
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 18:05 - May 13 with 2393 viewselectricblue

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 15:07 - May 13 by TVOS1907

This has nothing to do with 'the twitter app':

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/may/jimmymcnultyheadcoach_120523/

Well i didnt see it......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 19:09 - May 13 with 2323 viewsZac_B

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 18:05 - May 13 by electricblue

Well i didnt see it......

The writing is on the wall for the BoD then - if you didn't see the update on the official site, or the Twitter update then they need to go immediately!
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 20:05 - May 13 with 2233 viewsNigelWatson

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 18:41 - May 12 by D_Alien

No season card this time. Not just Jim, but other unknowns like ownership (less likely after his appointment?) but also i might alternate between the Sandy and Pearl St at the games i choose to attend. No lessons needed in being a fan here (not a dig, D4L) but no-one's attendance should be taken for granted - imo, it's partly why we're where we are now

Good, the young players could do without your in-game tactical advice: Gerrit forward, just as they're about to taking their first touch in our defensive third. Good riddance.
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 20:09 - May 13 with 2232 viewsD_Alien

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 20:05 - May 13 by NigelWatson

Good, the young players could do without your in-game tactical advice: Gerrit forward, just as they're about to taking their first touch in our defensive third. Good riddance.

Just fyi, i've never shouted "Gerrit Forrad" in my life you f*cking tool

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 21:58 - May 13 with 2093 viewskel

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 20:05 - May 13 by NigelWatson

If only you could offer such support to our non-white players, Nidge.
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 12:32 - May 14 with 1894 viewsDale_4_Life

My post was much simpler in thought TBH.

I agree the BOD need to step up the communication and if it's become a little bit to cosy with Murray maybe a new Trust member should get the job as trust rep next season. I have said before ithe board need to raise there game especially in the next 6 weeks.

As fans being the best we can be (and we have hundreds who have been amazing for years) combined with the above will give us the best chance of steadying the ship into calmer waters.

I have no agenda just want a decent pint decent football and the club to stabilize and then start to climb in a positive direction.
Login to get fewer ads

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 13:13 - May 14 with 1859 viewsNafelad

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 12:32 - May 14 by Dale_4_Life

I agree the BOD need to step up the communication and if it's become a little bit to cosy with Murray maybe a new Trust member should get the job as trust rep next season. I have said before ithe board need to raise there game especially in the next 6 weeks.

As fans being the best we can be (and we have hundreds who have been amazing for years) combined with the above will give us the best chance of steadying the ship into calmer waters.

I have no agenda just want a decent pint decent football and the club to stabilize and then start to climb in a positive direction.

is your list in the agenda in priority order?

Topcat

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 13:45 - May 14 with 1820 viewsTomRAFC

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 12:32 - May 14 by Dale_4_Life

That "if" in reference to Murray is carrying a hell of a lot of weight.

I didn't know Murray before he was elected to the board, but I've taken several challenging things to him and he's always been excellent. Maybe I was just trying to be the best fan I can be?

There's a growing trend of questioning his character, that is entirely unwarranted and groundless. I'm not sure if he is allowed to stand for another term but, since I've bothered to engage with him, he'd have my full support.

Recently, being the best fan we can be has meant fighting for the club. Buying shares, going to the recent trust meetings, being involved. Being part of a volunteer army would have been a great way, if it had ever materialised.

There's a tide that needs changing. Calmer waters, my arse.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 13:53 - May 14 with 1813 viewsTalkingSutty

I'm sorry for picking you up on your post again but it really gets my back up when I read things like this...'I have said before the board need to raise their game especially in the next 6 weeks'.

That's the sort of mentality that is killing this club, the fans are not a commodity that are there for the Chairman and Directors to pick up and put down when it suits..when there are season tickets and replica shirts etc to be sold. When it comes to the footballing side of things, decision making and engaging the supporters and the Town the current board have failed miserably. They are as culpable for our relegation as the managers and the players, certainly for the lack of unity we now see between the fan base and the boardroom. It's as bad now as it's ever been. So no, they don't have to especially raise their game over the next six week, it should be a given that they do that every week of the year, if they don't fancy doing that then say so and let's get people in who do
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 15:04 - May 14 with 1750 views442Dale

It’s now three weeks since relegation has been confirmed. The only visible evidence of any real attempt to bring about positive change has come from the Trust and supporters.

It would be more annoying if it wasn’t all so predictable.

Attitude, ego and culture.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 18:02 - May 14 with 1600 viewsJames1980

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 15:04 - May 14 by 442Dale

It’s now three weeks since relegation has been confirmed. The only visible evidence of any real attempt to bring about positive change has come from the Trust and supporters.

It would be more annoying if it wasn’t all so predictable.

Attitude, ego and culture.

What's the Latin for Attitude, Ego and Culture? Could be a sub motto for the club.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 18:17 - May 14 with 1574 viewsHullDale

"habitus, ego ac cultura"

before we talk about fans being the best we can be, I'd like to see a firm commitment, with actions, that the club wants to be the best it can in every department. from the match day stewards to the chairman and board there has to be a concerted effort to make real improvements... not lip service, not reactive actions, & not taking fans for granted.
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 18:48 - May 14 with 1523 viewsClivert

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 18:17 - May 14 by HullDale

"habitus, ego ac cultura"

before we talk about fans being the best we can be, I'd like to see a firm commitment, with actions, that the club wants to be the best it can in every department. from the match day stewards to the chairman and board there has to be a concerted effort to make real improvements... not lip service, not reactive actions, & not taking fans for granted.

Taking fans for granted is exactly what this board have done.
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 18:54 - May 14 with 1510 viewsJames1980

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 18:48 - May 14 by Clivert

Taking fans for granted is exactly what this board have done.

Unpopular opinion but I doubt that was deliberate. I think they were too focused on stability for the future and not the here and now. Too longsighted perhaps
[Post edited 14 May 2023 19:23]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 19:19 - May 14 with 1461 viewsD_Alien

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 18:54 - May 14 by James1980

Unpopular opinion but I doubt that was deliberate. I think they were too focused on stability for the future and not the here and now. Too longsighted perhaps
[Post edited 14 May 2023 19:23]

I very much doubt it was deliberate to begin with - far from it, i think they all had the very best of intentions

Then reality kicked in, the financial implications of the acquisition of the MH shares to bring the legal challenges to an end, the suspended penalties imposed by the iniquitous EFL, the realisation they'd been over-reliant on Stockdale...

Then the online abuse started, and the toll became more than they could cope with. Since then, they've been treading water and almost drowning

I do think you have a point about the longsightedness too. One of the chairman's key messages has been "It's my job to ensure there's still a club here in ten years time"

Whilst that's perfectly laudable, it perhaps became an extent of his and the board's ambition due to the factors above. Now they want out, or at least a significant return on their personal outlay

We get all that - at least most of us can. What rankles is the sudden non-communication, which may well have been linked with the onslaught of abuse but really shouldn't have been because it'd mean they were tarring the fanbase (and that includes the Trust & majority of shareholders) with the same brush

It's too late now, the damage is done
[Post edited 14 May 2023 19:20]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 19:33 - May 14 with 1419 viewskel

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 13:45 - May 14 by TomRAFC

That "if" in reference to Murray is carrying a hell of a lot of weight.

I didn't know Murray before he was elected to the board, but I've taken several challenging things to him and he's always been excellent. Maybe I was just trying to be the best fan I can be?

There's a growing trend of questioning his character, that is entirely unwarranted and groundless. I'm not sure if he is allowed to stand for another term but, since I've bothered to engage with him, he'd have my full support.

Recently, being the best fan we can be has meant fighting for the club. Buying shares, going to the recent trust meetings, being involved. Being part of a volunteer army would have been a great way, if it had ever materialised.

There's a tide that needs changing. Calmer waters, my arse.

Excellent post. Murray is the only one on the board that engages* with fans and supporters should really make more use of him and the voice he provides. He’s a great bloke and will happily talk to people in person if approached as well as via email.

*that word again
Dale Fans Sticking together - Spread the word. on 06:49 - May 15 with 1223 viewsDale_4_Life

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 13:53 - May 14 by TalkingSutty

I'm sorry for picking you up on your post again but it really gets my back up when I read things like this...'I have said before the board need to raise their game especially in the next 6 weeks'.

That's the sort of mentality that is killing this club, the fans are not a commodity that are there for the Chairman and Directors to pick up and put down when it suits..when there are season tickets and replica shirts etc to be sold. When it comes to the footballing side of things, decision making and engaging the supporters and the Town the current board have failed miserably. They are as culpable for our relegation as the managers and the players, certainly for the lack of unity we now see between the fan base and the boardroom. It's as bad now as it's ever been. So no, they don't have to especially raise their game over the next six week, it should be a given that they do that every week of the year, if they don't fancy doing that then say so and let's get people in who do

My written word is not the best.

How about.

The board need to raise there game.

The next six weeks could make or break the clubs immediate future.

Is it to late or can the board turn this around?. Whilst the board undoubtably have made significant errors they also have used there own money to get shares back from people we did not want anywhere near the club.

I did not realise the OP Title would wrangle so i changed it. It looks pivatol the next few weeks so lets hope we see some positive messages from the club and we can stick together and get through what is looking like a long summer.
Dale Fans Sticking together - Spread the word. on 07:28 - May 15 with 1205 viewsTalkingSutty

Dale Fans Sticking together - Spread the word. on 06:49 - May 15 by Dale_4_Life

My written word is not the best.

How about.

The board need to raise there game.

The next six weeks could make or break the clubs immediate future.

Is it to late or can the board turn this around?. Whilst the board undoubtably have made significant errors they also have used there own money to get shares back from people we did not want anywhere near the club.

I did not realise the OP Title would wrangle so i changed it. It looks pivatol the next few weeks so lets hope we see some positive messages from the club and we can stick together and get through what is looking like a long summer.

Excellent, that's much better. The current board saved the club, as a fan i will always respect them for that. The fact that they bought the shares back and paid a lot of money for the privilege doesn't qualify them as being fit for purpose when it comes to running a professional football club though. The evidence up to now clearly shows that they are out of their depth and have made a pigs ear out of it. The fact they have resorted to bringing in outside consultants to more or less run the club is a reflection of their failings, especially at a time when finances are so tight.

We currently have a board who are not only failing but are also looking to sell their shares so there is no longevity in any of their planning and that in turn means the whole club is currently in turmoil. It's a problem of their own making and it comes down to communication, or a lack of it. For a example of how good communication works then look no futher than the fella who manages the Dalebars..he's been a shining example all season and straight away earned the respect of home and away supporters alike, just because he engaged and prioritised the fans/ his customers.

The moment the board suddenly declared that they were looking for outside investors without consulting shareholders/ the Trust/ the fans was what did it for me. That's when the 'sticking together' and 'inclusive' part suddenly stopped.
[Post edited 15 May 2023 7:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024