Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Halifax away 14:36 - Dec 4 with 19559 viewsEllDale

All pay on the day apparently with no advance ticket sales.
And no indication yet as to where Dale fans will be housed in the ground.
Sounds like a recipe for chaos to me if 800 all turn up at 2.30pm wanting change!
Halifax away on 15:08 - Dec 4 with 11432 viewsD_Alien

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/december/halifaxawaynews_231223/

Considering it's cash only, the pricing is beyond ridiculous

Those prices should be £20/15/10/5 given the circumstances

As for Dale fans waiting for change... we're used to it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Halifax away on 15:16 - Dec 4 with 11374 viewsDalenet

Halifax away on 15:08 - Dec 4 by D_Alien

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/december/halifaxawaynews_231223/

Considering it's cash only, the pricing is beyond ridiculous

Those prices should be £20/15/10/5 given the circumstances

As for Dale fans waiting for change... we're used to it

They are hardly going to reduce prices for Dale are they? This is the amount they charge for all fans for every game. It is always cash only. I don't see an issue here - just need to get there half an hour early and have the right change. For the past two seasons people have moaned about us not taking cash at the turnstile. They have their wish at the Shay. And it is still £3 cheaper than we charged them.
Halifax away on 15:35 - Dec 4 with 11340 viewsEllDale

My point was that I'm not sure where Halifax will put the Dale fans.
If it's at the side of the East Stand I'm not sure how many people can be accommodated there.
I remember a friendly at the Shay a few summers ago when more Dale fans turned up than there were seats allocated and about 10/15 minutes into the first half stewards opened an internal gate to allow people to go into the standing area behind the goal.
I think that the previous debate about being able to pay on the day was more about the fact that the option to do so didn't exist. There was no option for casual walk-up sales.
This is the opposite as some people prefer to buy their ticket in advance.
Halifax away on 15:50 - Dec 4 with 11272 viewsrochedale

Can anybody share info on pre match watering holes suitable for away fans and child friendly…?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Halifax away on 15:57 - Dec 4 with 11253 viewsD_Alien

Halifax away on 15:16 - Dec 4 by Dalenet

They are hardly going to reduce prices for Dale are they? This is the amount they charge for all fans for every game. It is always cash only. I don't see an issue here - just need to get there half an hour early and have the right change. For the past two seasons people have moaned about us not taking cash at the turnstile. They have their wish at the Shay. And it is still £3 cheaper than we charged them.

It's not about reducing prices, just having a sensible policy that results in an overall similar income (one way or another) whilst making it easier both for fans to gain entry and for themselves to deal with the cash-counting afterwards, including starting out with loads of change

Excuses can be made by those who wish to - it remains ridiculous
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 16:10]

Halifax away on 22:19 - Dec 4 with 10832 viewsAussieShaymen

Halifax away on 15:57 - Dec 4 by D_Alien

It's not about reducing prices, just having a sensible policy that results in an overall similar income (one way or another) whilst making it easier both for fans to gain entry and for themselves to deal with the cash-counting afterwards, including starting out with loads of change

Excuses can be made by those who wish to - it remains ridiculous
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 16:10]

We are a stagnating club, run on a shoestring with no off field staff. The basics of online ticketing and card payments is beyond us. It's a shambles really.

As for what stand you'll get,well that depends on what the police and your club tell us what to expect.

0-600- East Stand(away allocation holds 800-900 but I don't think they would risk it for this game.
600-1200 - Skircoat(old stand, shit facilities great acoustics.
1200+ Usually will get North Stand(big terrace ") and Skircoat seating.
3500-5000 is all the available away ends. It's what we gave Wrexham who bought 4500.

Oldham and Chestefield have bought 2300 in recent seasons and they had terrace and skircoat.
Halifax away on 22:23 - Dec 4 with 10822 viewsAussieShaymen

Halifax away on 15:50 - Dec 4 by rochedale

Can anybody share info on pre match watering holes suitable for away fans and child friendly…?

Three Pigeons is still a mainstay and favourite for most away fans. If trains are running,'your 5-10 mins from grounds, and about a 3-5min walk into town. Maybe avoid Courtyard pub. Plenty of spoons and Piece Hall is a decent shout, especially with it being a round Xmas time.
Halifax away on 22:57 - Dec 4 with 10775 viewsjudd

Halifax away on 22:23 - Dec 4 by AussieShaymen

Three Pigeons is still a mainstay and favourite for most away fans. If trains are running,'your 5-10 mins from grounds, and about a 3-5min walk into town. Maybe avoid Courtyard pub. Plenty of spoons and Piece Hall is a decent shout, especially with it being a round Xmas time.

I had the pleasure of going to the Three Pigeons last year before a Piece Hall gig. It's has changed massively but still a great pub. Definitely one I've missed on regular away trips

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Halifax away on 07:12 - Dec 5 with 10630 viewsdingdangblue

Halifax away on 15:16 - Dec 4 by Dalenet

£21 is straightforward regarding having the right change but everyone paying £18 is going to have a £20 note or 2 x £10 notes. Halifax will surely expect that though and should have plenty of change.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Halifax away on 23:35 - Dec 5 with 10298 viewsDalenet

Halifax away on 22:19 - Dec 4 by AussieShaymen

We are a stagnating club, run on a shoestring with no off field staff. The basics of online ticketing and card payments is beyond us. It's a shambles really.

As for what stand you'll get,well that depends on what the police and your club tell us what to expect.

0-600- East Stand(away allocation holds 800-900 but I don't think they would risk it for this game.
600-1200 - Skircoat(old stand, shit facilities great acoustics.
1200+ Usually will get North Stand(big terrace ") and Skircoat seating.
3500-5000 is all the available away ends. It's what we gave Wrexham who bought 4500.

Oldham and Chestefield have bought 2300 in recent seasons and they had terrace and skircoat.

No need for the explanation AussieShaymen. We struggle to run a football club ourselves and we have no right to criticise another club. You have been to hell and back and if a shoestring budget means you will be around for the next 50 years then needs must. We used to pride ourselves on only spending what we had. A shoestring budget is rather appealing for me just now.
Halifax away on 20:45 - Dec 18 with 9456 viewsEllDale

Halifax (or the Council) must think that more than a few of us are going as they’re opening the Skircoat Stand for Dale fans on Saturday.
This is the seated accommodation opposite the Main Stand. From memory I think it holds about 1300.
Before the ground was redeveloped this was the covered terrace favoured by Halifax fans and the acoustics are pretty good.
Access is via turnstiles at the Hunger Hill end of the ground which are actually at a right angle to the stand itself, ie you go in at the side.
Not quite sure what refreshment facilities are like though as this part of the ground is open for certain matches.
Halifax away on 08:39 - Dec 19 with 9054 viewsDalliance

I love the New Grayston Unity for music and what not (got a gig we're playing there on Thursday eve). It's a wee bit further up and into town but it's a pretty cool vibe. Think 1970s living room and you've about got it.
Halifax away on 08:39 - Dec 19 with 9051 viewsjajadale

Halifax away on 20:45 - Dec 18 by EllDale

Halifax (or the Council) must think that more than a few of us are going as they’re opening the Skircoat Stand for Dale fans on Saturday.
This is the seated accommodation opposite the Main Stand. From memory I think it holds about 1300.
Before the ground was redeveloped this was the covered terrace favoured by Halifax fans and the acoustics are pretty good.
Access is via turnstiles at the Hunger Hill end of the ground which are actually at a right angle to the stand itself, ie you go in at the side.
Not quite sure what refreshment facilities are like though as this part of the ground is open for certain matches.

Thanks for the info.

Out of curiosity, are there any plans (that you are aware of) for them opening further areas for Dale fans if the numbers are above 1300?
Halifax away on 10:37 - Dec 21 with 8413 viewsEllDale

Halifax away on 08:39 - Dec 19 by Dalliance

I love the New Grayston Unity for music and what not (got a gig we're playing there on Thursday eve). It's a wee bit further up and into town but it's a pretty cool vibe. Think 1970s living room and you've about got it.

Haven’t been in the new one but the old place had some decent gigs. Used to be nice sitting outside there in summer in the sun.
Halifax away on 18:25 - Dec 21 with 8002 viewsDale_4_Life

Halifax away on 08:39 - Dec 19 by jajadale

Thanks for the info.

Out of curiosity, are there any plans (that you are aware of) for them opening further areas for Dale fans if the numbers are above 1300?

1300 on the 23rd December will be fine i expect.

Only 2000 at home v York!

The Saturday before Christmas is traditionally poorly attended. Powder dry until Boxing day for most.

Happy to be proven wrong I will go for 885 Daleys making the short trip on Saturday.
Halifax away on 10:12 - Dec 22 with 7679 viewsEllDale

Halifax away on 15:50 - Dec 4 by rochedale

As AussieShaymen said the favourite place if you have kids is probably the Wetherspoons pub The Barum Top. It's about ten minutes walk up the hill from the station if you get the train; if you catch the bus get off at the penultimate stop before it terminates then the pub is the other side of the road across the roundabout.

The Piece Hall is great with several bars but will probably be rammed with Christmas shoppers and some of the bars know how to charge as well - you'll pay at least £5 per pint.

The Three Pigeons is a great pub and well worth a visit but does get full pretty quickly.
Just turn left when you leave the railway station and it's before the stadium on the left.

From what I can gather the two pubs to avoid are The Courtyard and the Royal Oak, predominantly home fans in there.

For those making a day of it there are a few pubs which open early. The Barum Top serves beer from 9.00am although it opens at 8.00am for breakfasts.

Others include The Duke of Wellington on Commercial Street and The White Horse on Southgate. Proper drinkers pubs though so perhaps don't ask for cocktails.

There's also the Old Cock which is next to Greggs on Southgate. The last time I went in there though the clientele looked like a reunion from the cast of "Shameless"....let's just say there are some characters frequent the place!

One other thing that's struck me; I'm not sure if alcohol will be on sale inside the ground but don't quote me. I say that because there's no concourse in the Skircoat Stand which was built on the side of a hill and so everywhere from the moment that you walk in is in sight of the pitch.

Entrances are just off the main road to Huddersfield from the town centre.
Halifax away on 16:01 - Dec 22 with 7395 viewsBrierls

Not a fan of the amount of rain that fell yesterday, with today and tomorrow’s forecast hardly encouraging either. I’m not sure if the Halifax pitch is good, bad or indifferent when it comes to drainage.

Fingers crossed, I don’t think we’ve had much rain as forecast today. Hopefully it’s been the same or better over t’hills. If that’s the case then the pitch will have a decent chance of drying out with it blowing a gale.
Halifax away on 17:01 - Dec 22 with 7303 viewsEllDale

The Shay doesn’t have a great record when it comes to games being postponed because the pitch is waterlogged.
It’s happened at least twice with the turnstiles open and teams ready to warmup.
I think it happened to Dorking when they visited Halifax last year?
Halifax away on 18:19 - Dec 22 with 7162 viewsmeeee

The Halifax groundsman posted a picture of the pitch this afternoon on Facebook with the caption totally playable, no standing water. A tad wet in areas. We'll see what it's like tomorrow after more rain
Halifax away on 19:12 - Dec 22 with 7067 viewsEllDale

I forget the last time that I saw Dale lose at The Shay.
Apologies to the FGs.
We drew 0-0 there on Easter Monday in 1999 when they came back into the Football League and scored a golden goal to win an FL Trophy match in the same season.
Then there was a victory in which Jason Peake scored with that overhead kick, an August Bank Holiday 2000 win courtesy of a Gary Jones pile driver and finally the game in March 2002 made famous by Paddy’s late winner.
Some great memories.
My favourite memory though goes back to the early 1970s when we won 4-1 with Denis Butler scoring three of them. It was around this time of year, Boxing Day perhaps?
Halifax away on 21:58 - Dec 22 with 6828 viewsTVOS1907

Halifax away on 19:12 - Dec 22 by EllDale

I forget the last time that I saw Dale lose at The Shay.
Apologies to the FGs.
We drew 0-0 there on Easter Monday in 1999 when they came back into the Football League and scored a golden goal to win an FL Trophy match in the same season.
Then there was a victory in which Jason Peake scored with that overhead kick, an August Bank Holiday 2000 win courtesy of a Gary Jones pile driver and finally the game in March 2002 made famous by Paddy’s late winner.
Some great memories.
My favourite memory though goes back to the early 1970s when we won 4-1 with Denis Butler scoring three of them. It was around this time of year, Boxing Day perhaps?

Our last competitive defeat there was a 2-0 loss on this weekend in 1990, albeit in a Friday night game.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Halifax away on 10:19 - Dec 23 with 6518 viewsDaleDamo

Any news on today's game potentially being called off?
Halifax away on 11:31 - Dec 23 with 6330 viewsEllDale

Halifax away on 10:19 - Dec 23 by DaleDamo

Any news on today's game potentially being called off?

It’s been raining all morning in Halifax and the forecast is more of the same this afternoon.
It’s not heavy, torrential stuff though so should be ok.
Halifax away on 14:35 - Dec 23 with 5947 viewsD_Alien

Armstrong comes straight in

Only 4 subs

Halifax away on 14:51 - Dec 23 with 5856 viewsBuckTheTrend

Halifax away on 14:35 - Dec 23 by D_Alien

Armstrong comes straight in

Only 4 subs

5 according to the official feed ??
Taylor
Oduroh
Afuye