Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFR 16:26 - Jan 17 with 18133 viewsArthurDaley

Just seen our MP Tony Lloyd had died. He reviled last week he had blood cancer.

A large VAT Dave

NFR on 17:13 - Jan 17 with 6717 viewsJames1980

The resulting by election will be interesting.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

NFR on 20:09 - Jan 17 with 6538 viewsSuddenLad

NFR on 17:13 - Jan 17 by James1980

The resulting by election will be interesting.

It won't.

Shove a Labour rosette on a pigeon and it will get elected. Nothing to excite the media in a by-election here. Except the abysmal turnout, perhaps.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

NFR on 20:11 - Jan 17 with 6539 viewsEllDale

It will be interesting to see who Labour select as their candidate if there is a by-election.
Will they parachute someone in from London or pick from a local list of candidates?
If it’s the latter I sincerely hope that it’s someone who understands local sport and not one of the plonkers who tried to impose permit parking round the ground and lobbied to have the concert cancelled a couple of years ago.
I suspect that there’s a fair chance that Rochdale may have as it’s new MP someone of South Asian heritage but have the changes proposed by the Boundary Commission come into effect yet?
[Post edited 17 Jan 20:11]
NFR on 20:45 - Jan 17 with 6483 viewsSuddenLad

NFR on 20:11 - Jan 17 by EllDale

It will be interesting to see who Labour select as their candidate if there is a by-election.
Will they parachute someone in from London or pick from a local list of candidates?
If it’s the latter I sincerely hope that it’s someone who understands local sport and not one of the plonkers who tried to impose permit parking round the ground and lobbied to have the concert cancelled a couple of years ago.
I suspect that there’s a fair chance that Rochdale may have as it’s new MP someone of South Asian heritage but have the changes proposed by the Boundary Commission come into effect yet?
[Post edited 17 Jan 20:11]

The Labour candidate will more than likely be someone 'parachuted in', perhaps even a Labour 'luvvie' like Eddie Izzard to secure the seat in readiness for the General Election.

If it's left to the locals to decide, then as for 'South Asian' I don't really see a candidate with links to Nepal, Bhutan, or the Maldives being selected.

A Pakistani however, is much more probable. Especially here. Whoever it is, nothing will change.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

NFR on 20:55 - Jan 17 with 6453 viewsjonahwhereru

Condolences to the Lloyd family. The political ramifications are secondary in this situation.
NFR on 21:06 - Jan 17 with 6428 viewsD_Alien

NFR on 20:55 - Jan 17 by jonahwhereru

Condolences to the Lloyd family. The political ramifications are secondary in this situation.

Naturally... but it's also perfectly natural for people to mention what will follow, and i see no need to make a point about it
[Post edited 17 Jan 21:08]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

NFR on 21:08 - Jan 17 with 6415 viewsjonahwhereru

NFR on 21:06 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

Naturally... but it's also perfectly natural for people to mention what will follow, and i see no need to make a point about it
[Post edited 17 Jan 21:08]

Really
NFR on 21:09 - Jan 17 with 6413 viewsD_Alien

NFR on 21:08 - Jan 17 by jonahwhereru

Really

Yes, really

Login to get fewer ads

NFR on 21:14 - Jan 17 with 6389 viewsjonahwhereru

NFR on 21:09 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

Yes, really

I have have been to my father in law’s funeral today, so I don’t give a flying f-ck for your opinion. Do one.
NFR on 21:16 - Jan 17 with 6386 viewsD_Alien

NFR on 21:14 - Jan 17 by jonahwhereru

I have have been to my father in law’s funeral today, so I don’t give a flying f-ck for your opinion. Do one.

My sympathies for your family, but if you think that those who're making reference to a local by-election are somehow disrespecting your father-in-law, might i suggest you do one instead?
[Post edited 17 Jan 21:16]

NFR on 21:21 - Jan 17 with 6362 viewsjonahwhereru

NFR on 21:16 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

My sympathies for your family, but if you think that those who're making reference to a local by-election are somehow disrespecting your father-in-law, might i suggest you do one instead?
[Post edited 17 Jan 21:16]

Don’t want to become a keyboard warrior, so I will leave it there.
Death and football, opinions!
NFR on 21:26 - Jan 17 with 6356 viewsD_Alien

NFR on 21:21 - Jan 17 by jonahwhereru

Don’t want to become a keyboard warrior, so I will leave it there.
Death and football, opinions!

Take good care of your loved ones

Keyboards aren't weapons, and no-one who's posted in this thread should be seen as doing anything out of order

NFR on 21:29 - Jan 17 with 6343 viewsjonahwhereru

NFR on 21:26 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

Take good care of your loved ones

Keyboards aren't weapons, and no-one who's posted in this thread should be seen as doing anything out of order

Thanks will do. Tomorrow’s another day.
NFR on 05:12 - Jan 22 with 5825 viewsThreeLions

NFR on 20:45 - Jan 17 by SuddenLad

The Labour candidate will more than likely be someone 'parachuted in', perhaps even a Labour 'luvvie' like Eddie Izzard to secure the seat in readiness for the General Election.

If it's left to the locals to decide, then as for 'South Asian' I don't really see a candidate with links to Nepal, Bhutan, or the Maldives being selected.

A Pakistani however, is much more probable. Especially here. Whoever it is, nothing will change.

Seems Kier Starmer wants Paul Waugh to stand as Labour candidate. Rochdale lad who grew up on the Spotland estate and is a Dale fan.
NFR on 09:39 - Jan 22 with 5689 viewsEllDale

Short list being drawn up on Wednesday apparently and selection taking place on Saturday.
NFR on 09:42 - Jan 22 with 5681 viewsEllDale

https://www.investinrochdale.co.uk/working-living/living-in-rochdale/going-to-wa
NFR on 14:06 - Jan 22 with 5533 viewsJames1980

I see the Regurgitate sorry the Reform Party don't have a preferred candidate yet.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

NFR on 14:33 - Jan 22 with 5500 viewsD_Alien

NFR on 05:12 - Jan 22 by ThreeLions

Seems Kier Starmer wants Paul Waugh to stand as Labour candidate. Rochdale lad who grew up on the Spotland estate and is a Dale fan.

Just the kind of MP our town needs

Contrary to what some might think, i've voted Labour in the past and would do so again if Waugh was standing, but not if it was some nobody without a mind of their own

NFR on 16:36 - Jan 22 with 5401 viewsEllDale

Looks the man but we don’t have a vote unfortunately. If nominated it will depend how he fares at the hustings and before the interview panel.
If the local party dig their heels in they could pick someone else for what technically should a safish Labour seat though and I bet the wheeling and dealing started last week in that respect.
NFR on 16:47 - Jan 22 with 5386 viewsThreeLions

NFR on 14:33 - Jan 22 by D_Alien

Just the kind of MP our town needs

Contrary to what some might think, i've voted Labour in the past and would do so again if Waugh was standing, but not if it was some nobody without a mind of their own

Definitely looks like a strong candidate as the Tories and the likes of reform will target this by election bringing in strong candidates. Whispers that comrade russian spy farage could be standing for reform.
[Post edited 22 Jan 16:49]
NFR on 17:20 - Jan 22 with 5336 viewsjonahwhereru

NFR on 16:47 - Jan 22 by ThreeLions

Definitely looks like a strong candidate as the Tories and the likes of reform will target this by election bringing in strong candidates. Whispers that comrade russian spy farage could be standing for reform.
[Post edited 22 Jan 16:49]

Tony Lloyd was the preferred Labour HQ candidate when a selection was last made. I always think a local candidate is an advantageous position, but too many people from outside the area and with different agendas have to much say.
My choice for an MP would be a local who is not ambitious and wants to serve their constituents rather than their party.
Saw a Times exit interview with Broxstowe MP Charles Walker last week. He did 24 years with all but 1 of them spent as a backbencher. He beat Angela Leadsom and Liz Truss in the selection process. What a good decision that proved to be for the people of Broxstowe.
NFR on 19:00 - Jan 22 with 5244 viewsThreeLions

NFR on 17:20 - Jan 22 by jonahwhereru

Tony Lloyd was the preferred Labour HQ candidate when a selection was last made. I always think a local candidate is an advantageous position, but too many people from outside the area and with different agendas have to much say.
My choice for an MP would be a local who is not ambitious and wants to serve their constituents rather than their party.
Saw a Times exit interview with Broxstowe MP Charles Walker last week. He did 24 years with all but 1 of them spent as a backbencher. He beat Angela Leadsom and Liz Truss in the selection process. What a good decision that proved to be for the people of Broxstowe.

Local councillor Rachel Massey wants to stand but being the Children's services Chair I'd say it would be suicidal for the party as it would be used as ammunition due to past tragedies the town has recently suffered
NFR on 23:00 - Jan 22 with 5052 viewsSandyman

NFR on 19:00 - Jan 22 by ThreeLions

Local councillor Rachel Massey wants to stand but being the Children's services Chair I'd say it would be suicidal for the party as it would be used as ammunition due to past tragedies the town has recently suffered

She was poor as a councillor in Spotland ward.
NFR on 15:11 - Jan 25 with 4656 viewsEllDale

One cap thrown into the ring.....

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/154858/billy-how
NFR on 00:24 - Jan 26 with 4503 viewsDaleFan7

For the first time in my (eligible) voting life, I probably won't bother this time. There isn't a party out there worth voting for at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024