Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
premium bonds 15:02 - Mar 22 with 2868 viewsPDIDDY

anyone got any and have you had many wins? i'm thinking of buying a decnt amount of em

Gissa job

premium bonds on 15:17 - Mar 22 with 2228 viewsBrierls

Not a bad investment considering the current interest rates on savings accounts, any wins can be seen as interest.

My Dad had quite a few, and received winnings every now and again, but nothing major. At the time he'd have got a better return if he'd invested in a good savings account, but now I don't think there'd be much in it.
premium bonds on 16:44 - Mar 22 with 2187 viewsboffley

It all depends on your objectives as to whether they are a good place to put your dosh Diddy.

If you google Premium Bonds you will find several web sites showing the low odds of any one bond winning . So--If the return on your cash is all important then you would be probably better looking at an online instant access deposit account where you can get around 3% return Gross. You can get a little more if you are happy to tie up your cash for 1, 2, or 3 years without any withdrawals.

If you are not too concerned with the return but like the chance of a big win tax free then premium bonds are a good bet. I think the advertising they did a couple of years ago was excellent.

"Win a million pounds GUARANTEED or your money back"

Why not just invest it all in Rochdale AFC?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
premium bonds on 16:48 - Mar 22 with 2179 viewselectricblue

My mum as had them for years won nothing more than a tenner i think....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

premium bonds on 19:10 - Mar 22 with 2120 viewsmacro

25 quid smallest win

my daughters have 500 pounds worth from birth

eldest is 8 she's won 225
youngest is 5 she's won 25
premium bonds on 19:31 - Mar 22 with 2101 viewsArthurDaley

Had £3 worth since 1955, and won sod all. Not surpriseing though.

A large VAT Dave

premium bonds on 20:04 - Mar 22 with 2077 viewsDoris

you are going to work till you are 145 without a pension ,fookin spend it and enjoy , sod leaving it for later waiting for a miracle win.If you won something the government would tax you till you died.
premium bonds on 20:14 - Mar 22 with 2065 viewselectricblue

premium bonds on 20:04 - Mar 22 by Doris

you are going to work till you are 145 without a pension ,fookin spend it and enjoy , sod leaving it for later waiting for a miracle win.If you won something the government would tax you till you died.

Just asked her.
And shes had nowt since 2010..
Most she had is £25....so you where right..
It was £10 on nat lottery years ago that she won...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

premium bonds on 20:25 - Mar 22 with 2054 viewsPDIDDY

im going for the million, the 2 or 3 year bonds still yield next to nothing, take my chance with prizes and not interest rate as the carrot

Gissa job

Login to get fewer ads

premium bonds on 20:27 - Mar 22 with 2049 viewsDoris

premium bonds on 20:25 - Mar 22 by PDIDDY

im going for the million, the 2 or 3 year bonds still yield next to nothing, take my chance with prizes and not interest rate as the carrot

dont forget there are about 185000 people who have the maximum 30k and the odds are crap. just saying like
premium bonds on 20:41 - Mar 22 with 2031 viewsPDIDDY

premium bonds on 20:27 - Mar 22 by Doris

dont forget there are about 185000 people who have the maximum 30k and the odds are crap. just saying like

im having 120k in 4 names, pdiddy, , puff daddy, king combs and swag

Gissa job

premium bonds on 21:11 - Mar 22 with 2007 viewsdownunder

As stated above, you need a big investment to get a decent payout chance.
The last big winner was someone called Harry's Redknapps Dog.
premium bonds on 21:29 - Mar 22 with 1997 viewsDoris

premium bonds on 20:41 - Mar 22 by PDIDDY

im having 120k in 4 names, pdiddy, , puff daddy, king combs and swag

you could buy stade de giggle with that and get a better dividend.
premium bonds on 21:35 - Mar 22 with 1991 viewsmr_fri_night

premium bonds on 20:27 - Mar 22 by Doris

My mums got maximum bonds and averages about £50 per month.
premium bonds on 21:46 - Mar 22 with 1983 viewsDoris

premium bonds on 21:35 - Mar 22 by mr_fri_night

My mums got maximum bonds and averages about £50 per month.

Thats a good return cos its only about 1 in 3/4 months to win a prize.
when interest rates were good 4 years ago it was 1 in 2 months.
looking at it really its only 2% and she is beating the odds at the moment ,the government has about 42/43 billion in holding reserve cash in the investment and pays out a pittance in prizes,no wonder they want people to invest in this and fookin bastard pensions ( sorry pensions is a real bug bear with me )
premium bonds on 16:39 - Jun 23 with 1737 viewsls24plw

How do you find out if you have any premium bonds? I think my mum bought me some when I was a kid but she died back in 1999. All of her stuff got took by my brother (who I don't talk to).

Any idea if there is any way to search by name?

New to the site lads so sorry if I'm asking a dumb question.

Cheers,

Los
premium bonds on 16:42 - Jun 23 with 1717 viewsTVOS1907

premium bonds on 16:39 - Jun 23 by ls24plw

How do you find out if you have any premium bonds? I think my mum bought me some when I was a kid but she died back in 1999. All of her stuff got took by my brother (who I don't talk to).

Any idea if there is any way to search by name?

New to the site lads so sorry if I'm asking a dumb question.

Cheers,

Los

https://www.nsandi.com/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

premium bonds on 16:55 - Jun 23 with 1683 viewsls24plw

premium bonds on 16:42 - Jun 23 by TVOS1907

Yes mate thanks, I called them already and all they could say is that I need the numbers of the bonds. I haven't a clue what they would be so I'm wondering if there is any other way to find out?

Cheers again.

Los
premium bonds on 16:56 - Jun 23 with 1679 views442Dale

What happened to the originator of this thread?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

premium bonds on 17:03 - Jun 23 with 1654 viewsls24plw

premium bonds on 16:56 - Jun 23 by 442Dale

What happened to the originator of this thread?

Looks like the account doesn't exist any more. I just clicked on it and that's what it said anyway.
premium bonds on 17:36 - Jun 23 with 1578 views442Dale

premium bonds on 17:03 - Jun 23 by ls24plw

Looks like the account doesn't exist any more. I just clicked on it and that's what it said anyway.

Thanks.

Of course if you won loads on the premium bonds it could mean you could take over a lower league club, say the right things to easily impressed fans and thus ensure they don’t feel too guilty when it all goes wrong, even though they know they’d be partly to blame if the “loads” of money that is put in was obviously not that much at all. But they’ll know.

premium bonds on 17:50 - Jun 23 with 1555 viewsls24plw

premium bonds on 17:36 - Jun 23 by 442Dale

Thanks.

Of course if you won loads on the premium bonds it could mean you could take over a lower league club, say the right things to easily impressed fans and thus ensure they don’t feel too guilty when it all goes wrong, even though they know they’d be partly to blame if the “loads” of money that is put in was obviously not that much at all. But they’ll know.

I would love to win loads and buy a club! Maybe Man City! Problem is I can't even find em yet
I've actually been trying to get some money so I can invest like this bloke does https://obviousinvestor.com but most of the places need more than £1000 and I don't have that much to spare.

So I'm hoping I can find the premium bonds me mum bought as they should be worth more than that just to cash em in, even if they haven't won anything.

We'll see I suppose. Probably not enough to buy a club though

Cheers,

Los
premium bonds on 17:53 - Jun 23 with 1542 viewsforeverhopefulDale

I received the following when enquiring online.

17:22: For us to trace any possible accounts in your name, please write to us at: NS&I, Glasgow G58 1SB. In the letter, state your name, address, date of birth and signature. You can also include any previous details such as addresses and/or previous names which need updating. Once we receive your letter, we'll do a trace for your account and write back to you.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 17:54]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

premium bonds on 17:55 - Jun 23 with 1533 viewsls24plw

premium bonds on 17:53 - Jun 23 by foreverhopefulDale

I received the following when enquiring online.

17:22: For us to trace any possible accounts in your name, please write to us at: NS&I, Glasgow G58 1SB. In the letter, state your name, address, date of birth and signature. You can also include any previous details such as addresses and/or previous names which need updating. Once we receive your letter, we'll do a trace for your account and write back to you.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 17:54]

Wow! Great!

Did you get that in an email? They told me on the phone they couldn't help :-(

It was a Friday afternoon though. Probably wanting to get to the pub :-D

Tanks for this mate!

Cheers,

Los
premium bonds on 17:58 - Jun 23 with 1522 viewsforeverhopefulDale

premium bonds on 17:55 - Jun 23 by ls24plw

Wow! Great!

Did you get that in an email? They told me on the phone they couldn't help :-(

It was a Friday afternoon though. Probably wanting to get to the pub :-D

Tanks for this mate!

Cheers,

Los

Went to above website and had a chat conversation, asking if I had any . Also can ask about any other accounts with them.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 17:58]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

premium bonds on 17:59 - Jun 23 with 1511 views442Dale

premium bonds on 17:50 - Jun 23 by ls24plw

I would love to win loads and buy a club! Maybe Man City! Problem is I can't even find em yet
I've actually been trying to get some money so I can invest like this bloke does https://obviousinvestor.com but most of the places need more than £1000 and I don't have that much to spare.

So I'm hoping I can find the premium bonds me mum bought as they should be worth more than that just to cash em in, even if they haven't won anything.

We'll see I suppose. Probably not enough to buy a club though

Cheers,

Los

But if you did you’d be able to fool the easily fool by recognising they have massive egos and want to appear in the know.

Then you can destroy their club with the knowledge it’s their fault for falling for it, something they’ll know too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024