Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield 10:06 - Aug 28 with 4398 viewsfermin

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19396772
Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 10:09 - Aug 28 with 4390 viewssweetcorn

This will cost some money. he recently signed a 4 year deal. Trigger finger springs to mind for me.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 10:26 - Aug 28 with 4347 viewsjudd

It's the footballing gods at work, restoring things in their rightful order.

Coventry have upset the applecart in sacking Thorn whilst only playing bury and not Rochdale.The FG's have gone back a game and asserted their authority.

You may have also noticed that the deluge has subsided.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 10:32 - Aug 28 with 4329 viewsfitzochris

In all seriousness, unless a manager is guilty of some kind of gross misconduct, they shouldn't be getting sacked just three/four games into a season. If Thorn and Sheridan weren't deemed up to the task, both should have been removed before, or at the end of, last season. Any new manager now has a rapidly closing transfer window to contend with, if appointed before Friday, and the prospect of being saddled with another man's squad until January.

Lunacy.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 10:39 - Aug 28 with 4310 viewsSalwaDale

Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 10:32 - Aug 28 by fitzochris

In all seriousness, unless a manager is guilty of some kind of gross misconduct, they shouldn't be getting sacked just three/four games into a season. If Thorn and Sheridan weren't deemed up to the task, both should have been removed before, or at the end of, last season. Any new manager now has a rapidly closing transfer window to contend with, if appointed before Friday, and the prospect of being saddled with another man's squad until January.

Lunacy.

It's all about panic. Both Thorn and Sheridan suffered relegation but had done enough for the clubs to give them 'one last go'. As both have started badly in those three games the clubs now panic that they will be in major trouble if they don't change the manager now.

I agree, lunacy. Having said that if we lose our next two games 5-0 there will be plenty calling for Coleman's head. If we win our next two games 5-0 there will be plenty calling him the Messiah. Who says we're a fickle bunch?

TBBT

Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 10:40 - Aug 28 with 4309 viewssandylaner1

moronic decision

probably good for us
Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 10:53 - Aug 28 with 4266 viewsSandyman

The article says: "The Spireites have failed to win any of their four competitive fixtures this campaign, having been relegated from League One last season. "

Just like our lot - not implying ANYTHING, just saying, like.....
Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 11:06 - Aug 28 with 4232 viewsphomem

Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 10:39 - Aug 28 by SalwaDale

It's all about panic. Both Thorn and Sheridan suffered relegation but had done enough for the clubs to give them 'one last go'. As both have started badly in those three games the clubs now panic that they will be in major trouble if they don't change the manager now.

I agree, lunacy. Having said that if we lose our next two games 5-0 there will be plenty calling for Coleman's head. If we win our next two games 5-0 there will be plenty calling him the Messiah. Who says we're a fickle bunch?

Chesterfield have a new stadium a d expectations of higher division status. Although I agree that three games into the season is trigger happy
Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 12:14 - Aug 28 with 4121 viewsolympicdale

Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 11:06 - Aug 28 by phomem

Chesterfield have a new stadium a d expectations of higher division status. Although I agree that three games into the season is trigger happy

these new stadiums do something to people, especially the media, seems to mean you have the right to succeed, ridiculous.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 12:42 - Aug 28 with 4059 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

sacked for similar results to ours i am sure i recall Sheridan getting them out of league two as Champions

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 12:43 - Aug 28 with 4058 viewsphomem

Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 12:14 - Aug 28 by olympicdale

these new stadiums do something to people, especially the media, seems to mean you have the right to succeed, ridiculous.

It states in the eyes of the owners ambition and a statement of intent. Doesn't always work darlO the prime example
Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 13:05 - Aug 28 with 4017 viewsolympicdale

Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 12:43 - Aug 28 by phomem

It states in the eyes of the owners ambition and a statement of intent. Doesn't always work darlO the prime example

it just seems to blind the media into thinking they've got money, they must be on the up they've got a new stadium, puts pressure, needless pressure, on the manager.

Life is a game of fate.

Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 14:22 - Aug 28 with 3882 viewslurker

Could you imagine the expectancy levels if it had any corner stands like some other famous old grounds?
Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 17:07 - Aug 28 with 3764 viewsSuddenLad

Dear John,

Thanks for taking our club to Wembley, thanks for getting us promoted as Champions and increasing our attendances.

However, you haven't won now for a whole FOUR games, so - you're fired !!

The Board want removing for making such a cowardly decision. Absolute madness.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 12:45 - Aug 29 with 3548 viewsBarryStrange

They have a ridiculous impression of their own place in the world at Chesterfield.

Spent all of last season going on about what a waste of a place in L1 we were and seemed genuinely stuck for words when we survived and they were off to Barnet again.

I'd probably take Sheridan at Gigg. If I weren't so certain Shirtliff's getting the job.
Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 12:54 - Aug 29 with 3527 viewssykeboy

Turner's got history for getting rid of managers then taking over
Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 15:37 - Aug 29 with 3448 viewsLocal_team

Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 17:07 - Aug 28 by SuddenLad

Dear John,

Thanks for taking our club to Wembley, thanks for getting us promoted as Champions and increasing our attendances.

However, you haven't won now for a whole FOUR games, so - you're fired !!

The Board want removing for making such a cowardly decision. Absolute madness.

He also contrived to get them relegated with one of the (reportedly) better budgets in league 1.

On another note they look set to get c.£1m for a player who has scored 17 times for them in about 100 games

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-set-for-shock-m

Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 16:47 - Aug 29 with 3406 views442Dale

Sheridan hasn't been popular for a while.

Sean Dyche going there would make a lot of sense.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 17:27 - Aug 29 with 3361 viewsTVOS1907

Sheridan sacked by Chesterfield on 16:47 - Aug 29 by 442Dale

Sheridan hasn't been popular for a while.

Sean Dyche going there would make a lot of sense.

His voice is gruffer than Joyce Pickles' at the famous forum where one fan shouted out, "Speak up Phyllis!"

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024