Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dele Adebola 18:26 - Sep 1 with 4250 viewsHarry_Dale

Through work, traffic jams etc, today was the first time I've seen Dale this season. I thought we did alright in the main, and with time will come confidence which will see us gel better.

One player I thought was superb, was dele adebola. When we signed him I was very sceptical, but today he proved me wrong. His arial ability, hold up play, connection with Grimes, and skill with ball at feet was excellent. Ok, he's no spring chicken and isn't the quickest, but what he lacks in pace, he makes up for elsewhere!

My MOM today!
Dele Adebola on 18:31 - Sep 1 with 4215 viewsphomem

My motm too
Dele Adebola on 18:38 - Sep 1 with 4172 viewsolympicdale

Dele Adebola on 18:31 - Sep 1 by phomem

My motm too

agreed, that fancy footwork where he seemed to take on the entire Barnet defence deserved a goal, stand out performer.

Life is a game of fate.

Dele Adebola on 18:42 - Sep 1 with 4159 viewsClingers

Delia's played well in 40% of the matches he's played...hope it increases because he looked like a real man today
Dele Adebola on 18:51 - Sep 1 with 4120 viewsColDale

that run in the second half made me think Paddy had returned to the club. I think goal of the season would have been wrapped up had that gone in.
Dele Adebola on 18:55 - Sep 1 with 4088 viewsmacaroo

It was commented that he was more like Pele Adebola after that run!
Dele Adebola on 19:09 - Sep 1 with 4046 viewsDaley_Lama

Same thoughts re: paddy mcourt Col, especially after reading a load of guff this week from port vale fans who reckoned they were signing him.

Mom for me too, well played Dele!

Poll: DF in or out

Dele Adebola on 19:13 - Sep 1 with 4035 viewspnc4eva1

Can RKershaw please come up with a ditty linking Dele to the Ebola virus. He played well today. Well done infectious disease

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Dele Adebola on 20:53 - Sep 1 with 3858 viewssandylaner1

he did play very well i'm not knocking the lad

but in the last 20/25 having hin on the pitch when hes clearly tiring is limiting our style of play

its not entertaining watching us lump it up to him in a 'hit and hope' style when we are already cruising at 2 -0.

should of taken him off and replaced with grant or puterill it would mean we can play on the floor and actually pass and move instead of knocking it long all each time.

just a little thing i know but when we did pick the tempo up in stages in the second half barnet could not cope
Login to get fewer ads

Dele Adebola on 21:19 - Sep 1 with 3794 viewsolympicdale

Dele Adebola on 20:53 - Sep 1 by sandylaner1

he did play very well i'm not knocking the lad

but in the last 20/25 having hin on the pitch when hes clearly tiring is limiting our style of play

its not entertaining watching us lump it up to him in a 'hit and hope' style when we are already cruising at 2 -0.

should of taken him off and replaced with grant or puterill it would mean we can play on the floor and actually pass and move instead of knocking it long all each time.

just a little thing i know but when we did pick the tempo up in stages in the second half barnet could not cope

Adebola clearly hasnt been brought in to play 90 minutes every week, was why i was surprised he stayed on all game today, especially when we had Grant to come on, even though it was evident he was knackered towards the end, he never stopped putting a shift in, top effort.

Life is a game of fate.

Dele Adebola on 21:29 - Sep 1 with 3770 viewsroccydaleian

Dele Adebola on 18:31 - Sep 1 by phomem

My motm too

My, MOTM to, closely followed by Grimes who was very good today. Maybe Grimes took an injury in that strong tackle? Bobby Grant also was great when he came on.
The future's looking bright.
Up The Dale.
Dele Adebola on 22:05 - Sep 1 with 3680 viewsolympicdale

Dele Adebola on 21:29 - Sep 1 by roccydaleian

My, MOTM to, closely followed by Grimes who was very good today. Maybe Grimes took an injury in that strong tackle? Bobby Grant also was great when he came on.
The future's looking bright.
Up The Dale.

I've been really impressed with Grime's work rate this season, not only is he showing more determination and looking more of a team player, but he's also helping out defensively, providing cover for the full back behind him.

Life is a game of fate.

Dele Adebola on 22:07 - Sep 1 with 3679 views100569

I agree thought he had a great game too. I would be surprised to see him play on Tuesday as I dont think he is capable of playing two games in a week and I would sooner have him play next Sat fit and fully refreshed. I would like to see Donnelly up front on Tuesday and Putterill playing in that wider position.
Dele Adebola on 22:36 - Sep 1 with 3631 viewsRotherhamDale

Some bloke next to me in the Sandy was complaining all game because we were trying to pass the ball out from the back instead of lumping it towards Adebola. No wonder players feel pressured.
Negative or what, for God sake.

On a positive, Adebola was very good today. Surprisingly good with the ball at his feet. Always a cool head when surrounded by defenders.
He seems to be a good out-ball when the rest of the team are running round like headless chickens.

Gutted his Messi run didn't have an end product too! Did he just fall over?! Ha.

Possession with progression.

Dele Adebola on 22:54 - Sep 1 with 3598 viewsTalkingSutty

Adebola was class today and man of the match by a mile (Tutte also had a good game). The performance was nothing to shout about and often very stop start and disjointed but its obvious from watching that we have a collection of talented footballers to choose from and Coleman should be praised for that.

The workrate should be a given so we wont dwell on that but once we strike the right balance with selection and formation/tempo of play i reckon we will be a match for any team in this division.

It could take another few weeks for everything to settle down because of all the new players but i am very optimistic Coleman will sort things out, signing Grant was massive and a big lift for everybody connected to the club.

One defeat in our first four league games shows we are on the right track and only a last gasp goal at Chesterfield prevents us from being in a play off place at present .
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Dele Adebola on 23:51 - Sep 1 with 3520 viewsdalenumber2

Dele Adebola on 22:54 - Sep 1 by TalkingSutty

Adebola was class today and man of the match by a mile (Tutte also had a good game). The performance was nothing to shout about and often very stop start and disjointed but its obvious from watching that we have a collection of talented footballers to choose from and Coleman should be praised for that.

The workrate should be a given so we wont dwell on that but once we strike the right balance with selection and formation/tempo of play i reckon we will be a match for any team in this division.

It could take another few weeks for everything to settle down because of all the new players but i am very optimistic Coleman will sort things out, signing Grant was massive and a big lift for everybody connected to the club.

One defeat in our first four league games shows we are on the right track and only a last gasp goal at Chesterfield prevents us from being in a play off place at present .
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Love Dele - he is a great signing - a real pro and full of experience which benefits some of the younger players. He is great at holding up play and his dance steps in the second half were a joy - I so wish he had scored from that!
Dele Adebola on 00:27 - Sep 2 with 3483 viewsJonm

Was I watching the same game?

Adebola was okay, and yes, his footwork for that chance possibly deserved something (although he never quite looked to have control of the ball) but not the best player on the pitch.

He did not win enough in the air, he did not find team mates often enough, and he is not clinical in front of goal.

Not trying to be negative, but have to be realistic and cannot match these comments with what I saw.
Dele Adebola on 00:33 - Sep 2 with 3471 viewsolympicdale

Dele Adebola on 00:27 - Sep 2 by Jonm

Was I watching the same game?

Adebola was okay, and yes, his footwork for that chance possibly deserved something (although he never quite looked to have control of the ball) but not the best player on the pitch.

He did not win enough in the air, he did not find team mates often enough, and he is not clinical in front of goal.

Not trying to be negative, but have to be realistic and cannot match these comments with what I saw.

well you seem to be the only one.

Life is a game of fate.

Dele Adebola on 00:36 - Sep 2 with 3467 viewsJonm

Dele Adebola on 00:33 - Sep 2 by olympicdale

well you seem to be the only one.

I am the one and only.
Dele Adebola on 00:46 - Sep 2 with 3459 viewsJonm

And on a more serious note, I would expect Adebola to quickly build an understanding with his strike partner and also have more awareness of where his team mates are. He has played at a reasonable level so should be more clinical with passes, lay offs and finishes. Barnet were very poor and he will have to do more against stronger opposition in my opinion.

I have always been an Adebola fan as he got my Dale Champ Manager team into Europe in the 90s. But today he was okay, nothing more.
Dele Adebola on 01:10 - Sep 2 with 3436 views442Dale

Dele Adebola on 00:46 - Sep 2 by Jonm

And on a more serious note, I would expect Adebola to quickly build an understanding with his strike partner and also have more awareness of where his team mates are. He has played at a reasonable level so should be more clinical with passes, lay offs and finishes. Barnet were very poor and he will have to do more against stronger opposition in my opinion.

I have always been an Adebola fan as he got my Dale Champ Manager team into Europe in the 90s. But today he was okay, nothing more.

He doesn't have a strike partner though. We don't play with a front two.

He played well, and you can only do as well as you can against the opposition you're up against.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dele Adebola on 09:00 - Sep 2 with 3338 viewsJonm

Dele Adebola on 01:10 - Sep 2 by 442Dale

He doesn't have a strike partner though. We don't play with a front two.

He played well, and you can only do as well as you can against the opposition you're up against.

The 'strike partner' usage was to help with the flow and construction of my words. Though I would argue that Donnelly played reasonably close to another striker and Grimes comes inside too.

And even the morning after, I maintain that he played okay but not a MOTM performance. Matty Pearson did much more to influence the game for example.

And I disagree with your point on about only doing as well as the opposition your playing against, that sounds like a football cliche to me. Good players are able to play consistently well, control a match and speed up and slow down the game as required.

Dele Adebola on 11:40 - Sep 2 with 3237 viewsD_Alien

Dele Adebola on 09:00 - Sep 2 by Jonm

The 'strike partner' usage was to help with the flow and construction of my words. Though I would argue that Donnelly played reasonably close to another striker and Grimes comes inside too.

And even the morning after, I maintain that he played okay but not a MOTM performance. Matty Pearson did much more to influence the game for example.

And I disagree with your point on about only doing as well as the opposition your playing against, that sounds like a football cliche to me. Good players are able to play consistently well, control a match and speed up and slow down the game as required.

Missed the game yesterday (away on holiday) but from what I've seen so far, Dele is an inspired signing, despite his age.

Remember, we're talking about an experienced, mainly lower division player, not a top class forward who's way past his best. The ability to "control a match" just doesn't figure, but then again, making a difference at L2 level doesn't require that.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dele Adebola on 11:48 - Sep 2 with 3220 views442Dale

Dele Adebola on 09:00 - Sep 2 by Jonm

And Adebola has provided an effective focal point since he's arrived, including games against sides like Burnley, Northampton and Chesterfield. The issue certainly isn't with him, more the alternatives when he needs a rest.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dele Adebola on 12:40 - Sep 2 with 3151 viewsaleanddale

Awesome yesterday and just the type of player you need at this level.

if we can continue to show progress like this and get Dele fully fit then we are going to be a handful for most lg2 sides.

Dele - Grimes - Grant and Donnelly and throw Tutte and Putterill in the mix we have enough in the squad to score plenty of goals.

The win was vital yesterday and now another important league game on Saturday.

We are off and runnning. Up the Dale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024