Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Aleanddale 20:22 - Nov 1 with 3847 viewspl56

Given today is Thursday , have you had any response yet to last week's approach to the club ?
FAO Aleanddale on 10:44 - Nov 2 with 3757 viewsaleanddale

Dropped off last Friday ( 26th ) and i have been away most of this week.

I am waiting over the weekend and then hope to speak with CD either next Monday or Tuesday for his thoughts.

when i know more I will be sure to post on here.
FAO Aleanddale on 10:48 - Nov 2 with 3739 viewsG_Dale

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

FAO Aleanddale on 09:48 - Nov 9 with 3578 viewsR17ALE

.......another week goes by.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

FAO Aleanddale on 11:33 - Nov 11 with 3443 viewsaleanddale

I did drop the printed thread off over a week ago.

with the covering letter below.

I guess time will tell if we see an increase in the marketing activity from the club.

Mr Dunphy,
As a Rochdale AFC supporter for over 30 years I was shocked at the attendance last Tuesday v Oxford at Spotland. It has been a fair few years since we have not attracted 1600 home fans for any given league game at Spotland.
Whilst there are circumstance that we all know about that undoubtedly affected the attendance, Champions league on TV — Money is tight at home — lack of home form etc, there is a worry amongst other long standing fans that there is nothing, or next to nothing happening by the club to address this worrying attendance trend.
I accept that there are financial restrictions on what can be done by the club but on a Half term week and 2 home games in the space of 5 days it seems like the club has missed an off the field, sales and marketing open net.
Is it wrong that as a group of supporters that are also concerned a thread was started on the message board with some simple ideas ( some quite brilliant at NO cost to the club ) to brain storm a solution to this lack of attendance?. The internet is a dangerous place and it is full of cyber chairmen and football experts. None of us are in full possession of all the facts and some of the following is speculation and wishful thinking. If however there are one or two diamond ideas amongst the coals that can be used to reverse the attendance trend then surely this letter and the printed off Thread I have included is of some use to you.
Can a plan of action by the board and the employed members of Staff at Rochdale AFC be published so we can share with you the vision on how the club propose to reverse this trend?.
A two or three year marketing plan to boost attendance numbers would be great to see / hear about. Small steps to start with but something that is visual to all the supporters so we can see the efforts and match them with our own. I know most Dale fans would do anything in their power to make the club as successful as we possibly can.
The general feeling is that to do nothing ( as this week ) is not an option and we would like to see more proactivity in the marketing and advertising of the club. It is more important NOW than when we were flying high at the top of the table in our promotion year.
There seems to be a real them and us feeling at the moment and to get back to an inclusive club that I feel part of would be welcome if that is possible.This letter wants to be positive and if you read the attached thread you can see there is a multitude of ideas and different things that can be tried. It just seems a crying shame that the off the field activity regarding HOW we promote the club appears to be virtually non-existent.
You have our support Mr Dunphy and your commitment and loyalty to Rochdale football club has never been in doubt or questioned. I really hope that this letter is firstly of interest to you and more importantly you are able to do something with it.
Kind Regards
A worried Fan.
FAO Aleanddale on 11:49 - Nov 11 with 3412 viewsThacks_Rabbits

FAO Aleanddale on 11:33 - Nov 11 by aleanddale

I did drop the printed thread off over a week ago.

with the covering letter below.

I guess time will tell if we see an increase in the marketing activity from the club.

Mr Dunphy,
As a Rochdale AFC supporter for over 30 years I was shocked at the attendance last Tuesday v Oxford at Spotland. It has been a fair few years since we have not attracted 1600 home fans for any given league game at Spotland.
Whilst there are circumstance that we all know about that undoubtedly affected the attendance, Champions league on TV — Money is tight at home — lack of home form etc, there is a worry amongst other long standing fans that there is nothing, or next to nothing happening by the club to address this worrying attendance trend.
I accept that there are financial restrictions on what can be done by the club but on a Half term week and 2 home games in the space of 5 days it seems like the club has missed an off the field, sales and marketing open net.
Is it wrong that as a group of supporters that are also concerned a thread was started on the message board with some simple ideas ( some quite brilliant at NO cost to the club ) to brain storm a solution to this lack of attendance?. The internet is a dangerous place and it is full of cyber chairmen and football experts. None of us are in full possession of all the facts and some of the following is speculation and wishful thinking. If however there are one or two diamond ideas amongst the coals that can be used to reverse the attendance trend then surely this letter and the printed off Thread I have included is of some use to you.
Can a plan of action by the board and the employed members of Staff at Rochdale AFC be published so we can share with you the vision on how the club propose to reverse this trend?.
A two or three year marketing plan to boost attendance numbers would be great to see / hear about. Small steps to start with but something that is visual to all the supporters so we can see the efforts and match them with our own. I know most Dale fans would do anything in their power to make the club as successful as we possibly can.
The general feeling is that to do nothing ( as this week ) is not an option and we would like to see more proactivity in the marketing and advertising of the club. It is more important NOW than when we were flying high at the top of the table in our promotion year.
There seems to be a real them and us feeling at the moment and to get back to an inclusive club that I feel part of would be welcome if that is possible.This letter wants to be positive and if you read the attached thread you can see there is a multitude of ideas and different things that can be tried. It just seems a crying shame that the off the field activity regarding HOW we promote the club appears to be virtually non-existent.
You have our support Mr Dunphy and your commitment and loyalty to Rochdale football club has never been in doubt or questioned. I really hope that this letter is firstly of interest to you and more importantly you are able to do something with it.
Kind Regards
A worried Fan.

More chance of striking matches on Tripe - beating a well worn drum here but if the club wanted to do something about it - and they have been told, and had offers, they would have done something.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

FAO Aleanddale on 12:28 - Nov 11 with 3368 viewsYorkshire_Dale

FAO Aleanddale on 11:49 - Nov 11 by Thacks_Rabbits

More chance of striking matches on Tripe - beating a well worn drum here but if the club wanted to do something about it - and they have been told, and had offers, they would have done something.

Col said on another thread that things were afoot at the Club.

Let's be an incy-wincy bit more patient and see what if anything transpires?

Great letter too, Ale.

Foot in both
FAO Aleanddale on 09:23 - Nov 27 with 3217 viewsR17ALE

Any response yet ale?

Been about a month now....

FAO Aleanddale on 11:26 - Nov 27 with 3148 viewsVespaDale

They need real Dale fans working for the club, not people picking wages up... I reckon some would offer their time for FREE..!!!
Login to get fewer ads

FAO Aleanddale on 13:58 - Nov 27 with 3080 viewsaleanddale

FAO Aleanddale on 09:23 - Nov 27 by R17ALE

Any response yet ale?

Been about a month now....

No idea TBH.

I did what i thought was right, printed off the thread and attached the covering letter and hand delivered to the club office FAO Mr Dunphy in a sealed envelope.

I wanted to prick a concience, hopefully it will be used ( the thread ) and put to good use. Some quite brilliant ideas in there.

I am a fan no more. Not connected to club in any capacity apart from my supporter status. I dont know any club employee other than to occasionally nod too.

I do hope that some of the ideas are being considered or the clubs head is well and truely buried in the sand.

FAO Aleanddale on 15:07 - Nov 27 with 3015 viewslurker

FAO Aleanddale on 13:58 - Nov 27 by aleanddale

No idea TBH.

I did what i thought was right, printed off the thread and attached the covering letter and hand delivered to the club office FAO Mr Dunphy in a sealed envelope.

I wanted to prick a concience, hopefully it will be used ( the thread ) and put to good use. Some quite brilliant ideas in there.

I am a fan no more. Not connected to club in any capacity apart from my supporter status. I dont know any club employee other than to occasionally nod too.

I do hope that some of the ideas are being considered or the clubs head is well and truely buried in the sand.

I'm gonna go with this

FAO Aleanddale on 21:41 - Dec 5 with 2908 viewsR17ALE

Have you had the courtesy of a reply yet aleandale? Been about 6 weeks now.

FAO Aleanddale on 11:41 - Dec 6 with 2754 viewsToffeemanc

FAO Aleanddale on 21:41 - Dec 5 by R17ALE

Have you had the courtesy of a reply yet aleandale? Been about 6 weeks now.

Maybe somebody should print this thread and hand it in to the club, it might even get a response ?

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024