Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Penalties 12:47 - Nov 2 with 3447 viewslurker

Given our recent inadequacy from 12 yards, who would you have take our next penalty?

I personally like defenders taking penalties as they tend to just smack the thing as hard as they can. From what I have seen of him so far I would go with Kevin Mac.
Penalties on 12:58 - Nov 2 with 3427 viewsTVOS1907

McIntyre scored a penalty against Dale at Spotland for Macclesfield in September 2007, so he is a good shout.

Cavanagh and Edwards (P) have also shown themselves capable from the spot in the past.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Penalties on 13:00 - Nov 2 with 3411 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Penalties on 12:58 - Nov 2 by TVOS1907

McIntyre scored a penalty against Dale at Spotland for Macclesfield in September 2007, so he is a good shout.

Cavanagh and Edwards (P) have also shown themselves capable from the spot in the past.

Was n't Phil Edwards the pen-taker of choice at Accy?

Heard he has a mean shot?
Penalties on 13:10 - Nov 2 with 3389 viewsDaley_Lama

Grant

Ok, he missed one but he's been a Penalty taker elsewhere and has the ability to send the keeper the wrong way.

Grimes last week for me showed the keeper the way in that he totally opened his body up as he was about to strike it, meaning it was only goig one way.

It was a decent strike but at that height that keeper's want.

Poll: DF in or out

Penalties on 13:15 - Nov 2 with 3382 viewsjudd

Cavanagh. I like to see the captain take responsibility.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Penalties on 13:43 - Nov 2 with 3358 views442Dale

Penalties on 13:00 - Nov 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

Was n't Phil Edwards the pen-taker of choice at Accy?

Heard he has a mean shot?

He has, but for some reason tried to place it v Bury. Rhys Bennett hasn't missed one yet.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Penalties on 14:03 - Nov 2 with 3335 viewsRoChDaLe

think the problem is now you can't always go the same way so people like mcintyre who always go to his left will get caught out

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Penalties on 14:38 - Nov 2 with 3297 viewsTomRAFC

jonah was a very predictable penalty kick placer but he knew his favourite spots so well it rarely mattered if the keeper got to them or not as he was rarely able to keep them out due to the sheer amount of power

personally i would favour someone with a history of them which i believe someone said edward and mcintyre do so i would be happy to see either of them given a good run of taking them.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Penalties on 14:53 - Nov 2 with 3277 viewsTVOS1907

Penalties on 14:03 - Nov 2 by RoChDaLe

think the problem is now you can't always go the same way so people like mcintyre who always go to his left will get caught out

It never stopped Ray Stewart!

Login to get fewer ads

Penalties on 14:54 - Nov 2 with 3275 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

I just hope we taim Redshaw from scoring on us tomorrow

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Penalties on 15:49 - Nov 2 with 3239 viewsRoChDaLe

Penalties on 14:38 - Nov 2 by TomRAFC

jonah was a very predictable penalty kick placer but he knew his favourite spots so well it rarely mattered if the keeper got to them or not as he was rarely able to keep them out due to the sheer amount of power

personally i would favour someone with a history of them which i believe someone said edward and mcintyre do so i would be happy to see either of them given a good run of taking them.

he hardly ever put a lot of power in, most of the time it was a side foot

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Penalties on 16:53 - Nov 2 with 3199 viewsphomem

I'd agree with McIntyre
Penalties on 16:58 - Nov 2 with 3191 viewsDale23years

Penalties on 16:53 - Nov 2 by phomem

I'd agree with McIntyre

JK

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Penalties on 18:55 - Nov 2 with 3134 viewsToffeemanc

Grant for me.

What bothers me more though is that as soon as someone misses one we feel the need to change the taker. Unless it is the choice of the player who missed not to take anymore penalties then I feel it is just bad management changing the kicker constantly. It smacks of the management not having faith in the players. Constantly changing the kicker won't do any of the players confidence any good and everyone misses one now and again, remember Jonah against Sheff Wed. last season, cost us a valueable 3 points but I don't remember anyone suggesting we change the penalty taker.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Penalties on 19:23 - Nov 2 with 3117 viewsdalenumber2

Penalties on 18:55 - Nov 2 by Toffeemanc

Grant for me.

What bothers me more though is that as soon as someone misses one we feel the need to change the taker. Unless it is the choice of the player who missed not to take anymore penalties then I feel it is just bad management changing the kicker constantly. It smacks of the management not having faith in the players. Constantly changing the kicker won't do any of the players confidence any good and everyone misses one now and again, remember Jonah against Sheff Wed. last season, cost us a valueable 3 points but I don't remember anyone suggesting we change the penalty taker.

Taking penalties is more about psychology than skill in my opinion. So I was disappointed that Grant didn't step up last Saturday as this will not have done his confidence any good at all. Stick with the same man like we did with Jonah - even if he misses the odd one - chopping and changing isn't going to help (as demonstrated with Grimes). For me it doesn't matter who it is, just stick with the choice of penalty taker.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Penalties on 20:10 - Nov 2 with 3089 viewsTVOS1907

Penalties on 18:55 - Nov 2 by Toffeemanc

Grant for me.

I sort of agree, but JK missed at Torquay, then he wasn't playing the next time we got one(v Fleetwood, JPT) and Grant was obviously keen to impress, so he took it.

He then took the next one (at Rotherham), but when we got one after that (at Accy), Grant wasn't playing, so Grimes took it.

They were both on at Plymouth and the manager admitted he had probably chosen the wrong taker there.

I've not heard his thoughts on last week, but some of the earlier season changing of the kickers was more by necessity than choice.

Penalties on 20:14 - Nov 2 with 3083 views442Dale

Alfie.

All of them until the end of time.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Penalties on 20:24 - Nov 2 with 3075 viewsSalwaDale

Penalties on 20:14 - Nov 2 by 442Dale

Alfie.

All of them until the end of time.

No, I didn't actually think his were that great as the keeper always seemed to get his hands on them.

TK by far the best penalty taker we've had IMO. (Obviously that I have seen).

TBBT

Penalties on 20:48 - Nov 2 with 3057 viewsboromat

I'd stick with Grimes it was a good penalty just a really good save.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024