Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool 12:47 - Jun 20 with 9239 viewsDalern

According to Sky we have signed him anyway although nothing official.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11765/8785037?
Not always got it right but sounds like its got potential?
Up The Dale
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 12:55 - Jun 20 with 5032 viewsDalern

Now official
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/eastham-signs-874135.aspx

Up The Dale it seems to be coming together
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 12:58 - Jun 20 with 4979 viewsFrog

I like the look of this little squad Mr Hill is putting together, roll on August............
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:00 - Jun 20 with 4958 viewsSandy_lane_lad

Good news!

The options at the back are filling up nicely.

Played enough games in league 1 last season with b*ry so has experience at a higher level.

Happy with this one.
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:06 - Jun 20 with 4902 viewsoff2div1

Looks like a hard version of paddy
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:08 - Jun 20 with 4879 viewsrafc1984

Great signing. Very pleased with this one.
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:16 - Jun 20 with 4821 viewsBingoballs

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:06 - Jun 20 by off2div1

Looks like a hard version of paddy

:-)
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:22 - Jun 20 with 4768 viewsSaxonDale

Where's Pops2 or PDiddy when you need them?

Quite surprised by this signing. Presume given the reasons he left Blackpool and that we've beaten a few clubs to his signing (One of which I would guess is Bury) that Eastham will be seen by Hill as a first choice Centre Back. Presume the same applies to Lancashire so I reckon the experienced defender we bring in will serve as cover. It seems Hill is happy with the collective experience in the current defence to start. I trust Hill to be able to mould a relatively young backlinetogether though, (Our league 1 defence couldn't have been collectively much older-if at all) something which Coleman failed to do.

He seems quite tall which should help us defend crosses better, something we seemed to struggle with towards the back end of last season.
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:25 - Jun 20 with 4734 viewsgigger

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:22 - Jun 20 by SaxonDale

Where's Pops2 or PDiddy when you need them?

Quite surprised by this signing. Presume given the reasons he left Blackpool and that we've beaten a few clubs to his signing (One of which I would guess is Bury) that Eastham will be seen by Hill as a first choice Centre Back. Presume the same applies to Lancashire so I reckon the experienced defender we bring in will serve as cover. It seems Hill is happy with the collective experience in the current defence to start. I trust Hill to be able to mould a relatively young backlinetogether though, (Our league 1 defence couldn't have been collectively much older-if at all) something which Coleman failed to do.

He seems quite tall which should help us defend crosses better, something we seemed to struggle with towards the back end of last season.

What about me I can get very jealous you know!!!!!!!!
You've got a very good centre half there a very mature centre half for his age.

What's happened to kel ???

Login to get fewer ads

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:29 - Jun 20 with 4698 viewsTalkingSutty

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:25 - Jun 20 by gigger

Cheers for the info gigger. He has the face of a centre half which in my mind is always half the battle !!
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:29 - Jun 20 with 4697 viewsColDale

he had a 'mare in the televised game v Notts County, but Hilly will have done his homework.

Does this mean that Lancashire is the experienced defender, or are there more to come? Looks to me that the squad is complete now, with the only other changes coming from possible departures of JK and Grant.
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:30 - Jun 20 with 4682 viewsAtThePeake

Quite happy with this signing, seemed solid enough in the few games I've seen him play.

Still wouldn't mind one more defender, perhaps with a bit more experience just in case things aren't working out with the younger players, but happy nonetheless.

Tangled up in blue.

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:32 - Jun 20 with 4669 viewsTalkingSutty

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:29 - Jun 20 by ColDale

he had a 'mare in the televised game v Notts County, but Hilly will have done his homework.

Does this mean that Lancashire is the experienced defender, or are there more to come? Looks to me that the squad is complete now, with the only other changes coming from possible departures of JK and Grant.

I know its a long shot but i was wondering if the imminent departure of Grant and the saving on his salary might give Hilly a little bit more leeway in offering JK a improved deal.
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:33 - Jun 20 with 4650 viewsHopwoodblue

Maybe with Grant leaving and probably Kennedy, it may well have given Hill more money on the wages front as I would think they would have been our top earners.So in some ways it may have helped us sign a capable centre half which was a top priority so all's not bad.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:33 - Jun 20 with 4648 viewsColDale

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:32 - Jun 20 by TalkingSutty

I know its a long shot but i was wondering if the imminent departure of Grant and the saving on his salary might give Hilly a little bit more leeway in offering JK a improved deal.

I don't believe money is a sticking point with JK. I'm led to believe he's been offered an excellent deal, but the issue is the distance from home.
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:35 - Jun 20 with 4635 viewsdale_spotland

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:32 - Jun 20 by TalkingSutty

My thoughts exactly! If grant leaving means JK getting a better deal to stay ill carry grant wherever he wants to go!

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:36 - Jun 20 with 4631 viewsgigger

Think he was at fault for 3 of the 4 goals but that was a shocking defensive display all round.
At gigg he played in a back 4 that was under pressure in nearly every game, so he was very busy but reliable.
We had him on loan twice under 2 different managers.
I would say I wouldn't have minded signing him but at this stage I wouldn't mind signing anyone at moment specially now worrell just gone as well.

What's happened to kel ???

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:37 - Jun 20 with 4615 viewspl56

I think you've hit the nail on the head there .

I'm a little surprised , but not disappointed , by this as I was hoping for a genuinely experienced signing to "boss" the back four , but like you , I also suspect that's it now for contracted defensive signings . That leaves us with 4 players capable of performing as centre backs , I think (Lancashire ,Eastham , Rafferty , and O'Connor) . Its not a bad number with other emergency possibilities available , but there is a slight issue for me that none , from memory , has yet completed 100 league games . All look very promising however , so overall , pleased with that and the squad make up in general .
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:38 - Jun 20 with 4607 viewsSaxonDale

Ha! Apologies.

Cheers for the info; looks like we could be going to Tenerife with practically our whole squad in place,what a change this makes to when we went under Eyre. Well done Hilly!
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:40 - Jun 20 with 4595 viewsColDale

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:37 - Jun 20 by pl56

I'm a little surprised , but not disappointed , by this as I was hoping for a genuinely experienced signing to "boss" the back four , but like you , I also suspect that's it now for contracted defensive signings . That leaves us with 4 players capable of performing as centre backs , I think (Lancashire ,Eastham , Rafferty , and O'Connor) . Its not a bad number with other emergency possibilities available , but there is a slight issue for me that none , from memory , has yet completed 100 league games . All look very promising however , so overall , pleased with that and the squad make up in general .

If Hill has opted for Eastham over the experienced defender he'd wanted to bring in, it can only be that Eastham is too good a player to miss out on. I remember us saying all Summer after the Gills play offs defeat that we needed to sign an experienced defender - even more so after McArdle got injured in pre-season.
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:41 - Jun 20 with 4582 viewsBrierls

Pleased with this one. Looks like Blackpool wanted to keep him (and probably loan him out again) but he felt it was time to crack on with his career and move on. It's encouraging that he chose Dale.

Mixed opinions on the bury board, but perenial Dale hater nigel tuffnell says he's rubbish so thats a good sign!
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:44 - Jun 20 with 4547 viewsHopwoodblue

Don't forget Hilly used the loan system quite a lot last time,so maybe he's prepared to see how they shape up at the back,then if he feels we need to strengthen he may bring in a experienced man from the Championship or div 1 who aren't catching ?

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:44 - Jun 20 with 4539 viewsD_Alien

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:36 - Jun 20 by gigger

Think he was at fault for 3 of the 4 goals but that was a shocking defensive display all round.
At gigg he played in a back 4 that was under pressure in nearly every game, so he was very busy but reliable.
We had him on loan twice under 2 different managers.
I would say I wouldn't have minded signing him but at this stage I wouldn't mind signing anyone at moment specially now worrell just gone as well.

Thanks for the sensible footballing post - always welcome on here

Can you say which side of a centreback pairing Eastham's more comfortable with? For me, that's crucial in establishing a good solid partnership - that each is happy with the side they're being asked to play on.

Many of Holness's mistakes early on in L1 were due to having to adapt to playing on his weaker side, especially when carrying the ball out of defence.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:45 - Jun 20 with 4539 viewsAtThePeake

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:37 - Jun 20 by pl56

Not seen Rafferty play CB before, but Bennett signed as a CB a year ago. The debate about his best position will rage on for a while yet I'm sure, but he's certainly capable in there.

Tangled up in blue.

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:46 - Jun 20 with 4526 viewsBrierls

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:33 - Jun 20 by ColDale

I don't believe money is a sticking point with JK. I'm led to believe he's been offered an excellent deal, but the issue is the distance from home.

If JK doesn't sign (which looks to be the case the longer things go on) I think we'll see Andy Procter come in as a replacement.
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:49 - Jun 20 with 4503 viewsHopwoodblue

Well if that's the case I would say we would be in advanced talks by now as its way passed the deadline that Hill set Kennedy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024