Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale hooligans 18:50 - Jun 5 with 46554 viewsDomDale

Has anybody seen the advert for Channel 5's Hooligan & Proud programme?

Looks to be a feature on the Dale, with Newport away featured. If you wondered why we were being filmed outside the pub that day here's your answer. Can't say I'm best pleased because there didn't look to be the slightest hint of any violence on the day - all good natured - no doubt C5 have twisted that for their own gain. If someone at work spots me on there and I get asked about it I won't be happy.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Rochdale hooligans on 19:15 - Jun 5 with 16979 viewsdingdangblue

The lad punching his fist and saying "get in there like that" looks like he's filmed on Dale carpark. I'm sure the club won't be too pleased if it shows us in a bad light - even if it is just a very tiny minority of our fanbase.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rochdale hooligans on 19:19 - Jun 5 with 16963 viewschuckleberry

The start of the clip looks like the WMG stand. Who decided that filming these morons would be good publicity?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2014 19:49]
Rochdale hooligans on 19:26 - Jun 5 with 16933 viewsDomDale

Rochdale hooligans on 19:19 - Jun 5 by chuckleberry

The start of the clip looks like the WMG stand. Who decided that filming these morons would be good publicity?

My thoughts exactly. I don't want to be associated with these knobs.
They are the sort of "fans" that turn up only for the Bury and Oldham games.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Rochdale hooligans on 19:30 - Jun 5 with 16918 viewsdingdangblue

Rochdale hooligans on 19:19 - Jun 5 by chuckleberry

Who knows? Maybe they just told someone at the club they were filming a piece about lower league football? Not good though.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Rochdale hooligans on 19:36 - Jun 5 with 16887 viewsChaffRAFC

Rochdale hooligans on 19:15 - Jun 5 by dingdangblue

The lad punching his fist and saying "get in there like that" looks like he's filmed on Dale carpark. I'm sure the club won't be too pleased if it shows us in a bad light - even if it is just a very tiny minority of our fanbase.

One of those clips is in front of the memorial opposite the town hall as well.

If we have been branded hooligans for singing outside a pub then it's a bloody disgrace.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Rochdale hooligans on 20:07 - Jun 5 with 16782 viewspnc4eva1

Rochdale hooligans on 19:36 - Jun 5 by ChaffRAFC

If we have been branded hooligans for singing outside a pub then it's a bloody disgrace.

If the footage shows any people singing outside the pub and brands them in anyway as hooligans leaves Channel 5 open to a massive problem of slander. I like many cannot stand the so called 'fans' who attend certain matches just for the so called trouble. Also as one of the people outside the pub singing I would be disgusted to be seen as a hooligan. The handshakes and banter with Newport fans showed that the hooligan element is a limited and knuckle dragging minority

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Rochdale hooligans on 20:10 - Jun 5 with 16761 viewsTVOS1907

Spot on.

Although I personally didn't participate in the pink aspect of Pink Day, that day should be celebrated for what it actually was and how upwards of 1400 Rochdale fans went to South Wales in carnival mood and continued in carnival mood even though things didn't pan out as we hoped.

But that would make boring TV, unfortunately.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale hooligans on 20:14 - Jun 5 with 16744 viewsdalenumber2

The lad saying 'get in there like that' frequents the Pearl St
Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale hooligans on 20:32 - Jun 5 with 16657 viewsDickydaler

I saw the preview last night and read the short blurb in the Radio Times which stated 'Football Hooligan and Proud - Violent football supporters talk about the motivations behind their actions. Rochdale fan Lee says he craves danger......'
It made me sick to my stomach and angry to read and see it relating to my club.
Rochdale hooligans on 20:43 - Jun 5 with 16587 viewsdalenumber2

Rochdale hooligans on 20:32 - Jun 5 by Dickydaler

I saw the preview last night and read the short blurb in the Radio Times which stated 'Football Hooligan and Proud - Violent football supporters talk about the motivations behind their actions. Rochdale fan Lee says he craves danger......'

Rochdale fan Lee is probably the biggest coward around
Rochdale hooligans on 20:46 - Jun 5 with 16566 viewsSalwaDale

Rochdale hooligans on 20:32 - Jun 5 by Dickydaler

Hmmm, there may be more than one Rochdale hooligan who goes by the name of Lee but I wonder if it is who I am thinking of.

TBBT

Rochdale hooligans on 20:56 - Jun 5 with 16534 views_dezzy

The clip outside the pub, has the lad on the car park in it, so im guessing they're not showing dale fans in a bad light, but more like showing the lad, as its obviously they interview him in it.

KHBA

Rochdale hooligans on 21:01 - Jun 5 with 16513 viewsDale_Pea

Who watches this shit?

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Rochdale hooligans on 21:02 - Jun 5 with 16505 viewsdingdangblue

I'm guessing that the programme will follow one particular fan , this Lee character who is mentioned - if he is filmed singing with genuine non troublemaking Dale fans then that's unfortunate - as they'll all be looked at as 'hooligans' I guess.

Rochdale hooligans on 21:09 - Jun 5 with 16475 viewsAtThePeake

Rochdale hooligans on 21:01 - Jun 5 by Dale_Pea

Who watches this shit?

Absolutely brainless knobwipes and not only will they watch it, they'll take inspiration from it.

STOP FOOKING BROADCASTING THESE HOOLIGAN PROGRAMMES. STOP RELEASING HOOLIGANS' AUTOBIOGRAPHIES. STOP MAKING FILMS LIKE GREEN STREET AND AWAYDAYS THAT ROMANTICISE THE HOOLIGAN. JUST STOP ENCOURAGING BRAINLESS IDIOTS TO TAKE TO THE STREETS AND PUNCH PEOPLE IN THE FACE BECAUSE THEY SUPPORT ANOTHER FOOTBALL TEAM. IT'S STUPID. ABSOLUTELY STUPID.

Tangled up in blue.

Rochdale hooligans on 21:45 - Jun 5 with 16343 viewsJimmyRustler

Wow...and people wonder why this sh1t keeps on rearing it's ugly head. Glorifying these idiots and giving them coverage only encourages others to follow suit for the 'publicity' that they receive (in this case from the retards at Channel 5).

Unfortunately though, people will watch absolutely ANYTHING these days. Case in point: Gogglebox. If watching people watching TV gets you off then you really do need to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror.
Rochdale hooligans on 21:48 - Jun 5 with 16322 views442Dale

Rochdale hooligans on 21:45 - Jun 5 by JimmyRustler

Wow...and people wonder why this sh1t keeps on rearing it's ugly head. Glorifying these idiots and giving them coverage only encourages others to follow suit for the 'publicity' that they receive (in this case from the retards at Channel 5).

Unfortunately though, people will watch absolutely ANYTHING these days. Case in point: Gogglebox. If watching people watching TV gets you off then you really do need to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror.

I watch Gogglebox. It's entertaining. Like most programmes it has some rubbish bits, but in the main it's amusing.

Not sure what it's got to do with this thread really. Apart from both are tv shows.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rochdale hooligans on 22:01 - Jun 5 with 16273 viewsJimmyRustler

Rochdale hooligans on 21:48 - Jun 5 by 442Dale

I watch Gogglebox. It's entertaining. Like most programmes it has some rubbish bits, but in the main it's amusing.

Not sure what it's got to do with this thread really. Apart from both are tv shows.

Both are simply cheap television put on by people who've well and truly run out of ideas. I did bring it up however to illustrate that people will watch anything these days.

If it was a choice between Gogglebox, Dale's Hard Lads and painfully removing my arsehair then the immac would be getting a run out.
Rochdale hooligans on 22:04 - Jun 5 with 16249 viewsgigger

Bury fans filmed in knowsley before game against you. In your face and wouldn't say why!!!!

What's happened to kel ???

Rochdale hooligans on 22:07 - Jun 5 with 16241 views442Dale

Rochdale hooligans on 22:01 - Jun 5 by JimmyRustler

Both are simply cheap television put on by people who've well and truly run out of ideas. I did bring it up however to illustrate that people will watch anything these days.

If it was a choice between Gogglebox, Dale's Hard Lads and painfully removing my arsehair then the immac would be getting a run out.

All about opinions. If someone has watched Gogglebox and doesn't like it, fair enough.

And yeah, I'll watch loads of telly others won't like. Everyone does. The debate about a programme that gives exposure to subject matter like the one mentioned in this thread is completely different, again just an opinion.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rochdale hooligans on 22:11 - Jun 5 with 16208 viewsSalwaDale

Rochdale hooligans on 22:07 - Jun 5 by 442Dale

All about opinions. If someone has watched Gogglebox and doesn't like it, fair enough.

And yeah, I'll watch loads of telly others won't like. Everyone does. The debate about a programme that gives exposure to subject matter like the one mentioned in this thread is completely different, again just an opinion.

This thread has been wonderfully hijacked.

I like watching Vera.

TBBT

Rochdale hooligans on 22:12 - Jun 5 with 16200 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale hooligans on 20:56 - Jun 5 by _dezzy

The clip outside the pub, has the lad on the car park in it, so im guessing they're not showing dale fans in a bad light, but more like showing the lad, as its obviously they interview him in it.

Guilty by association, I'm afraid.

Rochdale hooligans on 22:14 - Jun 5 with 16188 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale hooligans on 21:09 - Jun 5 by AtThePeake

Absolutely brainless knobwipes and not only will they watch it, they'll take inspiration from it.

STOP FOOKING BROADCASTING THESE HOOLIGAN PROGRAMMES. STOP RELEASING HOOLIGANS' AUTOBIOGRAPHIES. STOP MAKING FILMS LIKE GREEN STREET AND AWAYDAYS THAT ROMANTICISE THE HOOLIGAN. JUST STOP ENCOURAGING BRAINLESS IDIOTS TO TAKE TO THE STREETS AND PUNCH PEOPLE IN THE FACE BECAUSE THEY SUPPORT ANOTHER FOOTBALL TEAM. IT'S STUPID. ABSOLUTELY STUPID.

The fact it's being broadcast on the day the World Cup starts is probably just an unfortunate coincidence.

Rochdale hooligans on 22:16 - Jun 5 with 16181 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale hooligans on 22:11 - Jun 5 by SalwaDale

This thread has been wonderfully hijacked.

I like watching Vera.

Not bad, but Happy Valley has been the top TV of recent weeks for me.

Oh, and that Road to Rio on Dave has been quite good.

I'd watch Gogglebox if the 442 family was on it, however. I can just imagine it now: "Too many kit clashes on Match of the Day tonight, dear."

Anyway, apologies for the hijack.

Rochdale hooligans on 22:17 - Jun 5 with 16173 viewsJimmyRustler

Rochdale hooligans on 22:07 - Jun 5 by 442Dale

I don't have a problem with anyone liking it per se. However, switching on your television to watch other people watch television is a premise which absolutely illustrates how bad T.V has become.

These hooligan programmes keep cropping up and that must mean that there are enough people out there watching them.

To me, nothing illustrates how sad the general public are when it comes to television more than Gogglebox*.

*IMO
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024