Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Massive 3 points - feels like 6 16:59 - Feb 21 with 6557 viewsNigeriamark

Huge win.

At one stage the bottom 5 were all winning and a loss could have put a lot of pressure on us. Now all of a sudden feels more like a team pushing for the last play off spot rather than looking over our shoulder. Yes a long way to go but could be a huge turning point
Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 17:21 - Feb 21 with 4197 views442Dale

The two enforced substitutions went a long way to securing those three points today. We've looked much better with an Eastham/O'Connell partnership at the back and although I'm unsure why Lancashire got the nod, we ended up with the best two on the pitch and looked solid all game.

Dawson's injury was the real turning point though. It looked like Cannon was the man to replace him as he warmed up on his own and immediately put his shirt on as the teams came out, but within seconds Hery had lost his coat and was coming on and from that point on we looked so much more positive. Hery's display was full of endeavour and excellent decision making, and most crucially everything he did took us further up the pitch. One pass/turn/short run immediately sees the whole side on the front foot. Welcome back, Bastien.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 17:24 - Feb 21 with 4170 viewsDaley_Lama

Game of 2 saves.

Goal: Save not made by Tommy Lee as the ball goes straight through him.
Save: Clean sheet kept at the death by Josh Lillis to push over a rasper.

Great 3 points against a damn good team (as we have seen this season and last) lacking their main goal threat.

Logan ran his butt off and was very enterprising, Hery was superb when he came on even if he made a couple of wrong decision passes.

The back 4 all deserve praise as the put up with physical Granule-Latte (yellow card for a straight arm?)

Chesterfield do very much as we do when losing in injury time. They don't hoof it into the box much to their fans frustration as they try to play football the right way.

Great result.

Poll: DF in or out

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 17:32 - Feb 21 with 4100 viewsYouTubeDale

Yes, a huge win for us.

Well, Keith playing mind games not playing Bell. He should have been on the pitch for the last 10 minutes replacing Bunney who was dead on his feet.
We cancelled them out in the first half. Then our grit, determination and team spirit saw us over the line. Bunney couldn't get his act together but tried hard. Logan was sharp but didn't quite get his break. TK was very solid and I liked him going forward. He was a calming influence and was in the right place at the right time. Dawson hobbled off at half time and I wasn't surprised he didn't come on again. Hery got stuck in when it mattered and then used his skill to good effect.

For the goal, it was the usual good left footed free kick struck with venom in a very dangerous area and Hendo just getting a touch on it.

Really, really pleased for Hilly and the gang on the win. it sets the game up on Tuesday very nicely.

Up the Dale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 18:08 - Feb 21 with 3910 viewsD_Alien

Whilst it was unfortunate that Dawson had to go off, the introduction of Hery was a game-changer. Unlike what we've been used to seeing from Chesterfield, today they were there for the taking, and thank fook we did.

With a decent centre-forward it could've been more then 1-0, but I'm not going to knock Bunney because the lad put in one hell of a shift today and anyone who does that in the Dale cause deserves credit. Great to see stability back in defence (once Eastham took his rightful place alongside O'Connell) and Lillis was high-fiving everyone at the end - you could see what it meant to him and the rest of the team that we didn't concede.

But back to Bastien. Of all our young midfielders he has the most natural ability and his ability to create space and pick an instant pass gives us such forward momentum. With Rose playing the holding role he had the freedom to put us on the front foot, and once again he won us a free kick from which we scored.

Hugely pleased with the three points today, which has us looking upwards again. Bring on the Blades.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 18:12 - Feb 21 with 3862 views442Dale

One other thing about Hery's introduction, it made Morsy think about one of our players rather than concentrating on running the game as he had in the first half. He's progressed a lot since tackling like an idiot for Port Vale a couple of years ago, best player on the park today.

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 18:23 - Feb 21 with 3793 viewsTalkingSutty

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 18:12 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

One other thing about Hery's introduction, it made Morsy think about one of our players rather than concentrating on running the game as he had in the first half. He's progressed a lot since tackling like an idiot for Port Vale a couple of years ago, best player on the park today.

Two nervous teams and very little football played today. One of those teams shaded it on effort alone in the end and it was a magnificent battling performance. The players should be proud of their efforts after today, winning ugly sometimes feels great and today was one of those moments.

Tom Kennedy my man of the match followed by the rest of the defence and also Herys cameo is worth a mention. I also saw signs of Hendo returning to his best today. Time for a big glass of wine!!
Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 18:39 - Feb 21 with 3693 viewspnc4eva1

Dire game with very little to get excited about. Dale shaded it and just about deserved the win. Hard graft that needed to be done

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 18:50 - Feb 21 with 3641 viewsYouTubeDale

Well, what is the story about the lack of tannoy today?

Login to get fewer ads

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 18:52 - Feb 21 with 3620 viewsTVOS1907

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 18:50 - Feb 21 by YouTubeDale

The sound system had blown a gasket, apparently.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 18:52 - Feb 21 with 3620 viewsD_Alien

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 18:50 - Feb 21 by YouTubeDale

Aye? Who took the annoy out of tannoy?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 18:55 - Feb 21 with 3591 viewsdingdangblue

Welcome back Bastien. Don't know what's going on behind the scenes but to go from not being in a squad for 4-5weeks to then coming on and making such a positive contribution to the win is baffling. Anyone can see what a natural talent he is and one reverse pass through to Bunney was magnifique! Really hope he stays part of Hillys plans as he is a joy to watch.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 18:57 - Feb 21 with 3579 views442Dale

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 18:52 - Feb 21 by TVOS1907

The sound system had blown a gasket, apparently.

We can give it a welcome back on Tuesday night.

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:04 - Feb 21 with 3518 viewsYouTubeDale

Keith in his post match interview going on about Matt Done again. It's still a hot, raw, topic and to me it really shows he reads this message board in order to get the fan's vibe.

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:08 - Feb 21 with 3501 viewsTalkingSutty

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 18:12 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

Agree regarding Morsys performance, he had a stormer and was the best player on the pitch, their right back was quality also.
Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:11 - Feb 21 with 3453 views442Dale

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:04 - Feb 21 by YouTubeDale

Keith in his post match interview going on about Matt Done again. It's still a hot, raw, topic and to me it really shows he reads this message board in order to get the fan's vibe.

Can't see that.

PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN PLAY BASTIEN.

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:12 - Feb 21 with 3446 viewsYouTubeDale

And I was looking forward to the final Bell, seeing Nyal take on their defence. We will have to wait until Tuesday now...

[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 19:15]

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:20 - Feb 21 with 3400 viewsTVOS1907

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 18:57 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

We can give it a welcome back on Tuesday night.

It could be christened the Buchanan Sound System.

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:24 - Feb 21 with 3369 viewsTVOS1907

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:04 - Feb 21 by YouTubeDale

Do you mean the interview on the BBC?

He mentioned him once, as well as O'Grady, Murray, etc, and you can't really argue with what he said.

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:36 - Feb 21 with 3313 viewsYouTubeDale

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:24 - Feb 21 by TVOS1907

He mentioned him once, as well as O'Grady, Murray, etc, and you can't really argue with what he said.

Did he not mention him pre-match also? That is what I was meaning.

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:41 - Feb 21 with 3278 viewsnordenblue

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:08 - Feb 21 by TalkingSutty

Agree regarding Morsys performance, he had a stormer and was the best player on the pitch, their right back was quality also.

Thought their young left back was totally different class, loss track of the times he not only won the ball but skipped away from a couple of players, his distribution was a joy to watch
Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:41 - Feb 21 with 3278 viewsdingdangblue

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:24 - Feb 21 by TVOS1907

Just heard him say "If we want to keep the Matty Done's of this world and challenge for the play offs we need a rich benefactor to put in 2 million per season" blimey! Done is on good wages at Sheff Utd!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:43 - Feb 21 with 3264 views442Dale

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:41 - Feb 21 by nordenblue

Thought their young left back was totally different class, loss track of the times he not only won the ball but skipped away from a couple of players, his distribution was a joy to watch

That was Clucas, formerly of Mansfield. Never seen him at left back before but he did well.

Everyone wants a go there these days.

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:44 - Feb 21 with 3259 viewsTVOS1907

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:36 - Feb 21 by YouTubeDale

Did he not mention him pre-match also? That is what I was meaning.

No idea, I didn't hear his pre-match stuff.

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:46 - Feb 21 with 3243 viewsnordenblue

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:43 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

That was Clucas, formerly of Mansfield. Never seen him at left back before but he did well.

Everyone wants a go there these days.

They have some decent players but dont see the need for the jumping 5 foot in the air followed by a tripple pike anytime we contested a ball
Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:52 - Feb 21 with 3221 viewsanimal8

Massive 3 points - feels like 6 on 19:46 - Feb 21 by nordenblue

They have some decent players but dont see the need for the jumping 5 foot in the air followed by a tripple pike anytime we contested a ball

Good win today, but please can we have Jamie Allen in the team ,He is the best midfielder we have .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024