Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peter Vincenti 22:24 - Aug 18 with 8568 viewsupthedale89

Anybody else think pv form has dipped these first 4 games doesn't look like the same player. Not winning anything in the air.
Peter Vincenti on 22:26 - Aug 18 with 7135 viewssandy_dale

Of all the player your criticising its Peter Vincenti? What about Ian Henderson. He has been one the worst performers these first 4 games. Vincenti's work rate and the ground he covers is outstanding
[Post edited 18 Aug 2015 22:27]
Peter Vincenti on 22:29 - Aug 18 with 7098 viewsrochdaleriddler

Peter Vincenti on 22:26 - Aug 18 by sandy_dale

Of all the player your criticising its Peter Vincenti? What about Ian Henderson. He has been one the worst performers these first 4 games. Vincenti's work rate and the ground he covers is outstanding

hendo and raffert two worts players tonight

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Peter Vincenti on 22:36 - Aug 18 with 6880 views442Dale

Hendeson's decision making is the biggest issue so far. He could have no complaints if he was rested in the next couple of games. That doesn't mean he should be, any of the forwards could be rotated, but he's not in the sort of form where he's untouchable.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Peter Vincenti on 22:36 - Aug 18 with 6878 viewsTalkingSutty

Peter Vincenti on 22:29 - Aug 18 by rochdaleriddler

Vincenti does various jobs for the team and sacrifices himself at times, he's a team player. Hendersons run his knackers off over the last few games and maybe guilty of over trying at times but I think overall his performances have been ok.

The opposition are allowed to put in a good performance and Walsall where good value for the points tonight, we can't play well every game.
Peter Vincenti on 22:37 - Aug 18 with 6866 viewsalex_roch39

Peter Vincenti on 22:26 - Aug 18 by sandy_dale

You have to admit he hasn't been playing up to the standards he was last season. But I won't write him off after 4 games.
Peter Vincenti on 22:54 - Aug 18 with 6725 viewsdingdangblue

We lost, we go again. These things happen.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Peter Vincenti on 23:04 - Aug 18 with 6657 viewsupthedale89

Not calling the lad just wondering if he needs a rest or what.
He hasn't been the pv I know.
I take ur Henderson comments on board but I think he covers a lot of ground up there on his own
Peter Vincenti on 23:49 - Aug 18 with 6471 viewsJimmyRustler

What you're forgetting is that Henderson is now a marked man.

He will come good. He just needs to adapt his game a little bit because he's getting less time
on the ball.
Login to get fewer ads

Peter Vincenti on 06:12 - Aug 19 with 6310 viewssweetcorn

Peter Vincenti on 22:29 - Aug 18 by rochdaleriddler

Bennett was the worst player, in my opinion.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Peter Vincenti on 10:41 - Aug 19 with 6086 viewsonedalefan

Peter Vincenti on 06:12 - Aug 19 by sweetcorn

Bennett was the worst player, in my opinion.

Agree, thought Bennett was poor. Didn't seem to know what position he was playing initially or what his role was. Thought his passing was really bad, lost count of how many times he failed to find a blue shirt. Didn't really improve when he moved to right back.
Peter Vincenti on 12:01 - Aug 19 with 5986 viewsParkinsGimp

Peter Vincenti on 10:41 - Aug 19 by onedalefan

Agree, thought Bennett was poor. Didn't seem to know what position he was playing initially or what his role was. Thought his passing was really bad, lost count of how many times he failed to find a blue shirt. Didn't really improve when he moved to right back.

Didnt know what position or role he was playing in...then surely not his fault then. He may be a bit rusty as well coming back in, plus let us not forget Walsall are a good team so would of been a push to get up to speed.
Peter Vincenti on 12:16 - Aug 19 with 5928 viewsD_Alien

Peter Vincenti on 12:01 - Aug 19 by ParkinsGimp

Didnt know what position or role he was playing in...then surely not his fault then. He may be a bit rusty as well coming back in, plus let us not forget Walsall are a good team so would of been a push to get up to speed.

A similar thing happened when Matty Lund was put into the team against Barnsley last year, disrupting a formation that was on a roll. He wasn't ready, either.

Loathe to be critical though, just a judgement call.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Peter Vincenti on 12:28 - Aug 19 with 5889 viewsdingdangblue

Peter Vincenti on 12:16 - Aug 19 by D_Alien

A similar thing happened when Matty Lund was put into the team against Barnsley last year, disrupting a formation that was on a roll. He wasn't ready, either.

Loathe to be critical though, just a judgement call.

Hill said Lund could be 2 weeks away from being involved. Could be deja vu again with Barnsley coming up a week on Saturday. Camps 4th start in 11 days looked to have been too much for him last night. Barely noticed him - especially as he was so involved in our 1st 3 wins - very difficult for Hill to change a winning team though.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Peter Vincenti on 13:37 - Aug 19 with 5789 viewsDickydaler

Peter Vincenti on 12:28 - Aug 19 by dingdangblue

Hill said Lund could be 2 weeks away from being involved. Could be deja vu again with Barnsley coming up a week on Saturday. Camps 4th start in 11 days looked to have been too much for him last night. Barely noticed him - especially as he was so involved in our 1st 3 wins - very difficult for Hill to change a winning team though.

He did change a winning team, though, by omitting Joe Bunney and including Bennett.
I would have understood if Hilly had positioned Bennett in front of the back four and moved Allen further forward as in the second half at Blackpool, but to replace Bunney, I think, was a mistake.
Peter Vincenti on 13:48 - Aug 19 with 5756 viewsdingdangblue

Peter Vincenti on 13:37 - Aug 19 by Dickydaler

He did change a winning team, though, by omitting Joe Bunney and including Bennett.
I would have understood if Hilly had positioned Bennett in front of the back four and moved Allen further forward as in the second half at Blackpool, but to replace Bunney, I think, was a mistake.

Agreed, but plenty on here wanted Bunney dropped! I too would have had Bennett deep and Allen forward but I think Hill likes Jamie to direct things from the back and give the defenders an outlet. As much as I rate Rhys , his game seems to be all about strength and power and I'm unsure whether it fits into our current team. His inclusion certainly seemed to upset the balance.

Peter Vincenti on 14:03 - Aug 19 with 5719 viewsD_Alien

Peter Vincenti on 13:48 - Aug 19 by dingdangblue

Agreed, but plenty on here wanted Bunney dropped! I too would have had Bennett deep and Allen forward but I think Hill likes Jamie to direct things from the back and give the defenders an outlet. As much as I rate Rhys , his game seems to be all about strength and power and I'm unsure whether it fits into our current team. His inclusion certainly seemed to upset the balance.

Bennett also got caught on the ball in dodgy positions a few times whilst playing in front of the back four last season - the same thing that Hery got slated for, although that wasn't his specific role. I'd rather see Allen there but surely there should be some built-in flexibility so if Allen bombs forward Bennett can drop back to provide cover.

Or is that too technical?

[Post edited 19 Aug 2015 14:03]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Peter Vincenti on 14:22 - Aug 19 with 5679 viewsdingdangblue

Peter Vincenti on 14:03 - Aug 19 by D_Alien

Bennett also got caught on the ball in dodgy positions a few times whilst playing in front of the back four last season - the same thing that Hery got slated for, although that wasn't his specific role. I'd rather see Allen there but surely there should be some built-in flexibility so if Allen bombs forward Bennett can drop back to provide cover.

Or is that too technical?

[Post edited 19 Aug 2015 14:03]

When Lund is fit we might see him in the deep role and Jamie allowed further forward .

Peter Vincenti on 19:39 - Aug 19 with 5516 viewssandylaner1

i'll just leave this here...

no one should be doubting vincenti, especially after 4 games of the season ffs

he quite rightly is one of the first names on the team sheet, all 6'7 of him
Peter Vincenti on 21:53 - Aug 19 with 5381 viewssweetcorn

Thought rose did well last night, said no dale fan ever.

Forgot just how bad he was last night, he ran bennett close..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Peter Vincenti on 22:17 - Aug 19 with 5333 viewsdingdangblue

Peter Vincenti on 21:53 - Aug 19 by sweetcorn

Thought rose did well last night, said no dale fan ever.

Forgot just how bad he was last night, he ran bennett close..

He did well to put that ball onto Hendo's head.

Peter Vincenti on 22:25 - Aug 19 with 5312 views442Dale

Rose did well when he initially came on and then had a nitmarespell. Good ball for the goal though.

However the comments Hill made about players turning their back when talking about their second probably meant he went home with his ears ringing.

Peter Vincenti on 22:40 - Aug 19 with 5274 viewsdingdangblue

Peter Vincenti on 22:25 - Aug 19 by 442Dale

Rose did well when he initially came on and then had a nitmarespell. Good ball for the goal though.

However the comments Hill made about players turning their back when talking about their second probably meant he went home with his ears ringing.

I think most players turn away when trying to block a shot, Hilly was just a bit sore because we conceded 2 during our best spell of the game, anyway it didn't hit any player who turned their back it hit McNulty's left boot and looped up over Lillis. Just unfortunate.

Peter Vincenti on 22:54 - Aug 19 with 5259 views442Dale

Peter Vincenti on 22:40 - Aug 19 by dingdangblue

I think most players turn away when trying to block a shot, Hilly was just a bit sore because we conceded 2 during our best spell of the game, anyway it didn't hit any player who turned their back it hit McNulty's left boot and looped up over Lillis. Just unfortunate.

I think Hill wanted it to hit the nearest player without him turning his back, ie. before the deflection.

Peter Vincenti on 08:36 - Aug 20 with 5065 viewsstigmundo77

This thread is utter bollecks, Vincent is a key player who is trying his hardest out there. Jesus wept ! The lads just signed up for another 2 years. Lets support the team out there
Peter Vincenti on 09:17 - Aug 20 with 5013 viewsaleanddale

Peter Vincenti on 08:36 - Aug 20 by stigmundo77

This thread is utter bollecks, Vincent is a key player who is trying his hardest out there. Jesus wept ! The lads just signed up for another 2 years. Lets support the team out there

Yep!

Top player for us..

Top bloke too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024