Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? 17:30 - Aug 28 with 4293 viewsDalenet

Reading our message board you'd think we were bURY FC. Its all doom and gloom. But not without reason...
Manager making comments that suggest he isn't happy (recognising it may be due to injuries only)
A director (allegedly) telling season ticket holders not to come back for the second season running
Lousy communications on bar access - and the club stupidly renting out facilities on a match day
Tannoygate

I would welcome Chris Dunphy giving the fans an update on where he see's the club at present and for him to make reference to these issues and what the club is doing about it. He is always the voice of reason and he may just change the mood - because it feels awful just now. Given the Hogan money that allowed the club to invest in the ticketing initiatives and in improving the stadium I would expect him to be quite upbeat.

ps - can we have some decent coffee back in the kiosks. :)
Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 17:55 - Aug 28 with 4230 viewsDaleaholic

"Club stupidly renting out facilities on a match day" - Ever thought that maybe this was booked months/years in advance? How were the club/couple to know there would be a game taking place? It's a chance that was taken and if you look at the bigger picture, the wedding probably brought in more revenue than half time/post match drink sales.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 18:16 - Aug 28 with 4161 viewsRAFCBLUE

I can't see why Chris Dunphy has any need to make a statement.

Two of the four things you list (Bar access and Tannoygate) are operational management issues for the Chief Executive to address.

The bar access issue is capacity of the facility led but solveable and in part caused by the successful season ticket initiative which has increased attendances combined with a new safety officer appointed for this season.

Tannoygate is the dealing with the circumstances surrounding a club employee who was awarded a vacant role in the summer and didn't, for whatever reason(s) fulfil that role during the bury game. Reading various opinions that one is more complicated but the CEO will have a number of avenues available to him.

Hill saying he was unhappy is due to our position - we've done ok so far but haven't clicked into the sort of form that I think everyone suspects we are capable. We've all heard this type of interview from Hill many times before; had we won vs bury I suspect it would have been a slightly different interview. The forum on 2nd August was upbeat and well attended and all parties on that forum made some interesting and insightful points.

Win away at Southend on Saturday and this will all blow over.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 18:26 - Aug 28 with 4135 viewsTVOS1907

Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 18:16 - Aug 28 by RAFCBLUE

I can't see why Chris Dunphy has any need to make a statement.

Two of the four things you list (Bar access and Tannoygate) are operational management issues for the Chief Executive to address.

The bar access issue is capacity of the facility led but solveable and in part caused by the successful season ticket initiative which has increased attendances combined with a new safety officer appointed for this season.

Tannoygate is the dealing with the circumstances surrounding a club employee who was awarded a vacant role in the summer and didn't, for whatever reason(s) fulfil that role during the bury game. Reading various opinions that one is more complicated but the CEO will have a number of avenues available to him.

Hill saying he was unhappy is due to our position - we've done ok so far but haven't clicked into the sort of form that I think everyone suspects we are capable. We've all heard this type of interview from Hill many times before; had we won vs bury I suspect it would have been a slightly different interview. The forum on 2nd August was upbeat and well attended and all parties on that forum made some interesting and insightful points.

Win away at Southend on Saturday and this will all blow over.

Hill's post-match interview indicated several other things than just our results and position.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 18:43 - Aug 28 with 4058 viewsRAFCBLUE

Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 18:26 - Aug 28 by TVOS1907

Hill's post-match interview indicated several other things than just our results and position.

I didn't hear a full interview post Bury but have only seen this:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/august/hill-postbury_26.08.17

There isn't a lot in there that comes across as critical and I've not seen anything else out of the club in a video way.

I'm not an IFollow subscriber so there might be things I haven't seen or the club haven't put out. If there are things that are not in the transcript or Hill's tone, which you sometimes can't get from reading it

Hill's post-Stoke interview three days prior was quite upbeat considering the result and no mention of serious worries:

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 19:32 - Aug 28 with 3878 viewsdingdangblue

Seems fine to me? Other than a raft of injuries and illness disrupting his plans and team selection? Obviously he's annoyed because it's happening before every game it seems.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/august/hill-postbury_26.08.17/

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 19:58 - Aug 28 with 3790 viewsTVOS1907

Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 18:43 - Aug 28 by RAFCBLUE

I didn't hear a full interview post Bury but have only seen this:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/august/hill-postbury_26.08.17

There isn't a lot in there that comes across as critical and I've not seen anything else out of the club in a video way.

I'm not an IFollow subscriber so there might be things I haven't seen or the club haven't put out. If there are things that are not in the transcript or Hill's tone, which you sometimes can't get from reading it

Hill's post-Stoke interview three days prior was quite upbeat considering the result and no mention of serious worries:

What's up at the club by qlrken05 28 Aug 2017 14:28
In his post match interview hilly mentioned about things not being right at the club and he even considered getting back in his car and going home , he also mentioned that the club was in dire straights . Can anyone she'd any light on what is going on . The new dj just upped sticks and left on Saturday afternoon , so something is wrong ??

Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 20:03 - Aug 28 with 3759 viewsTVOS1907

Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 19:32 - Aug 28 by dingdangblue

Seems fine to me? Other than a raft of injuries and illness disrupting his plans and team selection? Obviously he's annoyed because it's happening before every game it seems.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/august/hill-postbury_26.08.17/

"I’m at my end of my tether with certain situations that are developing.

“There are so many things that are tripping us up that it almost feels like there’s some agenda against us that isn’t our fault."

Those are the intriguing bits. He mentions injuries later.

Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 20:53 - Aug 28 with 3586 viewsDalenet

Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 17:55 - Aug 28 by Daleaholic

"Club stupidly renting out facilities on a match day" - Ever thought that maybe this was booked months/years in advance? How were the club/couple to know there would be a game taking place? It's a chance that was taken and if you look at the bigger picture, the wedding probably brought in more revenue than half time/post match drink sales.

I despair

Yes and that is why it is even more stupid. We are a football stadium first on Saturdays. We could make more money building houses on the pitch but we don't.
Login to get fewer ads

Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 21:37 - Aug 28 with 3444 viewsJames1980

Won't there be a large amount of talking etc going on behind the scenes. Would it not be better to come to a decision before making any statements?

They could make a holding statement saying after the events on saturday and comments after the game the board and management are discussing a way forward. When plans have been formulated a statement will be realised.
Would that be better than no statement because there are talks taking place?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 21:43 - Aug 28 with 3425 viewsonedalefan

Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 20:53 - Aug 28 by Dalenet

I despair

Yes and that is why it is even more stupid. We are a football stadium first on Saturdays. We could make more money building houses on the pitch but we don't.

Given that the date fell within the season, was a 50/50 chance that we would be at home. Some-one took a chance and lost!
Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 22:22 - Aug 28 with 3301 viewsThacks_Rabbits

I really don't know why nobody has questioned russ green yet if he is the main guy behind season ticket promotion/set up, pa, ground and social events, bars etc.

I may be being unfair but the season ticket offer going frankly badly due to poor prep and the various other cock ups probably means we make less a game than last season whilst annoying more regular fans.

If a director did say to fans never to come back he should resign or be made to resign- especially if he has form for this!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 20:06 - Aug 29 with 2610 viewsrochdaleriddler

Time for Mr Dunphy to make a statement ? on 17:55 - Aug 28 by Daleaholic

Shambles with bar access two games running, needs addressing and returning to last years arrangements. A wedding should not be booked at match times during a season, if it had been at 5 pm as many were last year there would have been no issue. The whole thing smacks of amateurism and if the club doesn't want the income from bar sales on matchday, they should just rent the gaff out to anyone at anytime.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024