Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? 14:46 - Feb 7 with 3282 viewsdingdangblue

Discuss? The only problem I see would be groups of season ticket holders who sit together in the Pearl St being split up - or all having to get their tickets at the same time.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 14:54 - Feb 7 with 2705 viewsKenBoon

Give them the Sandy Lane.
(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 15:05 - Feb 7 with 2658 viewsdingdangblue

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 14:54 - Feb 7 by KenBoon

😮

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 15:09 - Feb 7 with 2636 viewsDaleFan7

I'd rather see 3,500 genuine Tottenham fans than more day tripper Dale fans than is necessary.
(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 15:12 - Feb 7 with 2626 viewsToffeemanc

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 14:54 - Feb 7 by KenBoon

If we give them 15% of the tickets only (ie. 1500) and they can all be accommodated in the Sandy Lane then it makes perfect sense to me to fill the rest of the ground with Dale fans and try to create an intimidating atmosphere.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 15:13]

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 15:22 - Feb 7 with 2571 viewsShun

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 15:09 - Feb 7 by DaleFan7

I'd rather see 3,500 genuine Tottenham fans than more day tripper Dale fans than is necessary.

So would I, but there's always the chance that any day tripper Dale fans enjoy the day and decide to start coming more regularly. With that in mind I'd want as many Dale 'fans' in the ground as possible.
(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 15:58 - Feb 7 with 2447 viewsdingdangblue

According to one site I looked at the breakdown of stands is:

Sandy: 1900
Main: 1774
Pearl: 2584
Wilbutts: 3560

Not sure how accurate that is and then there is the broken/missing seats at the bottom of the Pearl St. It's a tricky one to gauge this because unlike Leeds and Sheffield Weds we will have a big demand for the home ends.

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 16:01 - Feb 7 with 2429 viewssweetcorn

No thankyou.

Just give spurs 1500 of wilbutts lane, the rest to rochdale supporters, job done and all of us who normally come still get to stand/sit where we normally would

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 16:15 - Feb 7 with 2379 viewsBlueDales

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 16:01 - Feb 7 by sweetcorn

No thankyou.

Just give spurs 1500 of wilbutts lane, the rest to rochdale supporters, job done and all of us who normally come still get to stand/sit where we normally would

I agree. I think there is a very strong argument for giving Spurs the minimum possible allowance, and putting extra Dale supporters in the Wilbutts Lane side. But Spurs should absolutely not get the Pearl Street or the Sandy. Dale fans who go to matches week in week out should have their usual seats.

On a side note, how feasible is temporary seating in the corners to bring up the crowd even further? It's worth looking into. Without question, Spotland will be a sell-out (assuming we don't play Newport).
Login to get fewer ads

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 16:16 - Feb 7 with 2378 viewsaleanddale

it is an advantage ( and quite rare ) to have Home fans behind both goals.

give them the away stand if they can sell 3500 great ( I don't think they will )

6400 is enough anyway ST holders and semi regulars.... the day trippers are the ones that cause all the bother and we never see them again anyway!
(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 16:22 - Feb 7 with 2332 viewsfitzochris

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 15:22 - Feb 7 by Shun

So would I, but there's always the chance that any day tripper Dale fans enjoy the day and decide to start coming more regularly. With that in mind I'd want as many Dale 'fans' in the ground as possible.

Just like it did at Wembley?

We won't see even 10% of the increased home attendance back at Spotland until the next time we draw a top four Premier League side.

True story.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 16:37 - Feb 7 with 2265 viewsnordenblue

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 16:22 - Feb 7 by fitzochris

We won't see even 10% of the increased home attendance back at Spotland until the next time we draw a top four Premier League side.

True story.

No harm in trying? There's more chance of an increase in potential future home fans if we sell more to the people from Rochdale rather than additional Spurs fans surely?
(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 16:38 - Feb 7 with 2262 viewsD_Alien

Giving them the Sandy is a non-starter, it doesn't have facilities for disabled supporters (unless i'm very much mistaken) and therefore can't be allocated

I'd love to see the Willbutts filled with Spurs fans, with no gaps to seperate different sets of fans plus extra stewarding. My concern would be, with the game being on tv, Spurs not selling out their allocation - yes, seriously. Is it an attractive proposition for them? Perhaps the answer might be to allocate an initial 2500 (5 blocks) which would still allow the entrance nearest Pearl St to be used for home fans in the two remaining blocks if necessary (or block and a half)

[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 16:42]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 16:41 - Feb 7 with 2250 viewsDaleiLama

Our target ought to be to give Spurs the minimum stipulated (15%) and sell the rest to Dale fans, whether lapsed, occasionals or current fans.

Speaking of targets, this is a marketing opportunity as wide as a barn door with a big fat bulls eye in the middle.

1/ Get next year's season ticket deal finalised tomorrow. Make it affordable with no strings attached.

2/ Announce a register of interest for fans that haven't already got an auto-allocation through a ST or a replay ticket with contact details mandatory, including e-mail addresses (the NFL does this for Wembley/Twickers games VERY successfully).

3/ Register of interest applicants get next dibs after ST and replay ticket fans have bought. If demand exceeds supply, have a draw to decide which registered fans get tickets.

4/ Merge this up to date list with the mythical "Unicorn" list of e-mails the club has, which Col has alluded to many times in the past.

5/ Market the arse off season tickets for next year whilst the spotlight is on. Even offer a £10 discount to fans at the Spurs game who haven't got a ST this year. I'm sure current ST holders wouldn't object (I wouldn't)?

I came to the odd Dale game as a kid. I was courting a (non-supporting) Bury lass for yonks and went to the Dale game every year @ Gigg for a bit of Craic more latterly. Then I went to the Stoke Cup game and gradually got hooked. There must be plenty more like me out there who just need incentivising. I just hope the powers that be can use a bit of flexibility and imagination and not waste this cracking opportunity to do something a bit out of the ordinary to capitalise on it. I'm not holding my breath though. Joined up thinking is just not the Dale way is it?

Edit: Although taking my cynical hat off, the £12/ticket for the replay was pretty fleet of foot and a great idea. It can be done.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 16:57]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 16:45 - Feb 7 with 2228 viewsShun

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 16:22 - Feb 7 by fitzochris

True story.

I expected Wembley to come up! But, as nordenblue says, there's no harm in trying. Even if we attract 10 more Dale fans it's at least something. The seats have to be filled by someone so there's no disadvantage with filling them with Dale day-trippers.
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:43 - Feb 7 with 2110 viewsfitzochris

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 16:45 - Feb 7 by Shun

I expected Wembley to come up! But, as nordenblue says, there's no harm in trying. Even if we attract 10 more Dale fans it's at least something. The seats have to be filled by someone so there's no disadvantage with filling them with Dale day-trippers.

Fill the stands with day-tripping townsfolk, by all means. I’m just making the point that they won’t be back.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 17:45]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 22:04 - Feb 7 with 1875 viewssteofthedale

Giving Spurs the Wilbutts Stand could allow the tickets to be priced a little higher given the better facilities they would enjoy.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 23:47]

steofthedale*

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 22:24 - Feb 7 with 1797 viewsrobtheb

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 15:22 - Feb 7 by Shun

Would the club prefer to have 3500 Spurs fans in Wilbutts Lane and have a full house or give them 1500 and not be full.

We would then have to sell approx 9000 tickets for a sell out, if the capacity is around 10500.
(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 22:26 - Feb 7 with 1780 viewsD_Alien

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 22:24 - Feb 7 by robtheb

Would the club prefer to have 3500 Spurs fans in Wilbutts Lane and have a full house or give them 1500 and not be full.

We would then have to sell approx 9000 tickets for a sell out, if the capacity is around 10500.

Capacity is less than 10000 due to decommissioned seats

Numbers per stand are on the OS, I believe

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 22:41 - Feb 7 with 1741 viewsmikehunt

My Spurs supporting pals say they always fill their away allocations. I said 3k5? and they said yes.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 23:28 - Feb 7 with 1648 viewsdingdangblue

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 22:41 - Feb 7 by mikehunt

My Spurs supporting pals say they always fill their away allocations. I said 3k5? and they said yes.

They only had 1500 allocation at Newport so I think the extra allocation at Dale will make more want to come - also the very reasonable prices (especially juniors).

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 23:32 - Feb 7 with 1628 viewssweetcorn

I can't believe people are questioning whether spurs will sell out, they've been getting 75,000 at home this year, they only need 5% of their fan base to come up.

Also throw in the fact none of them will have been to Spotland and We're a funny bunch football fans who like to tick off all the grounds, they'd probably sell 5000 if we give it to them

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 23:40 - Feb 7 with 1612 viewsdingdangblue

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 23:32 - Feb 7 by sweetcorn

I can't believe people are questioning whether spurs will sell out, they've been getting 75,000 at home this year, they only need 5% of their fan base to come up.

Also throw in the fact none of them will have been to Spotland and We're a funny bunch football fans who like to tick off all the grounds, they'd probably sell 5000 if we give it to them

It's a valid question I think - 2000 of their hardcore are off to Turin a few days before us and it's also late Sunday afternoon and available free on the BBC - I still think they'll sell out though - it's reasonably priced and then there's the novelty of seeing the worst pitch in the world.

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 23:43 - Feb 7 with 1601 viewssweetcorn

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 23:40 - Feb 7 by dingdangblue

It's a valid question I think - 2000 of their hardcore are off to Turin a few days before us and it's also late Sunday afternoon and available free on the BBC - I still think they'll sell out though - it's reasonably priced and then there's the novelty of seeing the worst pitch in the world.

Yes, 2000 of a possible 75,000, that leaves another 73,000 potential customers if you discount them.. spurs are quite a loyal fan base, I've no doubt they'd sell what we offer

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 23:48 - Feb 7 with 1585 viewsdingdangblue

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 23:43 - Feb 7 by sweetcorn

Yes, 2000 of a possible 75,000, that leaves another 73,000 potential customers if you discount them.. spurs are quite a loyal fan base, I've no doubt they'd sell what we offer

There weren't 75000 at Wembley in the FA Cup tonight. Newport brought more than 7,000 fans to boost the attendance to 38,947.

(If we get Tottenham) Should we give them Pearl St and we have Wilbutts Lane? on 01:04 - Feb 8 with 1525 viewsTrotter

Spurs fan here.
Really looking forward to marking another ground off the list.
You can be guaranteed that if we are given 3.5k tickets we would fill it (and still that would not be enough to fill demand from our season ticket holders, let alone our non ST members). Spurs fans in general love the FA Cup (Personally would rather win it than finish say 4th in league)

Going to Turin, back on Wednesday, up to Manchester on Saturday for an evening of drunken debauchery. That will be plan of a lot of us.

Here's to a good enjoyable match.
Congratulations on getting this far, hope the money you have made from Cup Run sets you up.
Would expect us to put out slightly better side than we did tonight or at Newport in first game as we won't have a midweek game following the cup match.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2018 1:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024