Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Country season tickets no longer available 13:48 - Aug 12 with 7462 viewsNorthYorksDale

Does anyone know why the country season tickets have been stopped?

I tried to renew my country season tickets last Friday in time for Saturdays game only to be told they are no longer available. Apparently if I'd have renewed earlier (I assume the early bird end date) it would have been possible but my only option now is a full season ticket. I only managed 8 of my 10 games last year so that's not viable for me.

I know I missed the date for discounted tickets and was happy to pay the full price but now I'm reduced to individual tickets and sometimes I don't know until the day if I can get over so I won't be paying the on the day price.

Unless there's a good reason just seems a very short sighted decision.
Country season tickets no longer available on 13:52 - Aug 12 with 4605 viewsNewbury_Dale

I had the exact same conversation on Friday with the club. All part of the MO from the people running this club now, sadly.
Country season tickets no longer available on 14:06 - Aug 12 with 4553 viewsSuddenLad

Rochdale AFC - Turning money and supporters away ?? Surely not..........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Country season tickets no longer available on 14:08 - Aug 12 with 4555 viewsSandyman

It was announced at the time that they would only be on sale as "Early Bird Offer" tickets.
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/april/season-tickets/
Seems a bit short sighted but hey ho.
Country season tickets no longer available on 19:12 - Aug 12 with 4253 viewsRAFCBLUE

Country season tickets no longer available on 14:06 - Aug 12 by SuddenLad

Rochdale AFC - Turning money and supporters away ?? Surely not..........

As well as the country season tickets mess don't forget mention making it ridiculously cost inefficient for anyone who is exiled and lives outside the borough.

Take the Southend (a) game in a few weeks.

The adult price is £22 in advance rising to £25 on the day.

Rochdale get a 5% cut of that advance ticket price so £1.10.

But on top of the £22 then they add an admin/postage fee for them to process it and then in some cases (if you order later in the week of the game) you have the risk of having to pick up at an away ground where they have never heard of you!

Failing the generosity of Dale fans you know who might be coming to the game and who will get you one, isn't it something the club should look at to encourage people to actually use the service?

Because if the Southend game ticket in advance plus admin fee costs me more than £25 then I'm better off paying on the day.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Country season tickets no longer available on 20:48 - Aug 12 with 4139 views49thseason

For crying out loud! its a ticket, it costs a few pence to print and maybe a quid to mail . is it better to bend the rules occasionally and keep a customer of long-standing happy or is it better to thoroughly Pish them off and maybe lose them forever? It's not as if the ground is always full, is it? there are always seats and standing room. You can tell these people don't work for themselves...they would be much more customer conscious if they did. sell the bloke a 10 match ticket, put the money in the bank, be happy that you have done a good job.
Nordstrom, often quoted as the best customer service in the world have a simple mantra:
Our Customer Service Commitment
"We have a long-standing commitment to provide our customers with the best possible service every time you shop and to continually maintain a strong and lasting relationship with you." Not so much Rochdale AFC.
There is an epic story about a guy who went into one of their shops and was going to buy a suit but it needed alterations.
"I need it for tomorrow"
" no worries, we can do that"
"I am going to be in another country I need it for a presentation "
"We can still do that and if the suit doesn't arrive on time there will be no charge for it"
The customer will now never shop anywhere else having received his altered suit on time.

Compare and contrast
"I would like a country ticket please"
"Tough, you missed the deadline. How about paying for a full season?"
"No thanks"

And some people are worried about the atmosphere!
https://shop.nordstrom.com/content/services?cm_sp=merch-_-corp_9244_oj010438-_-f
Country season tickets no longer available on 20:55 - Aug 12 with 4122 viewssince58

Country season tickets no longer available on 20:48 - Aug 12 by 49thseason

For crying out loud! its a ticket, it costs a few pence to print and maybe a quid to mail . is it better to bend the rules occasionally and keep a customer of long-standing happy or is it better to thoroughly Pish them off and maybe lose them forever? It's not as if the ground is always full, is it? there are always seats and standing room. You can tell these people don't work for themselves...they would be much more customer conscious if they did. sell the bloke a 10 match ticket, put the money in the bank, be happy that you have done a good job.
Nordstrom, often quoted as the best customer service in the world have a simple mantra:
Our Customer Service Commitment
"We have a long-standing commitment to provide our customers with the best possible service every time you shop and to continually maintain a strong and lasting relationship with you." Not so much Rochdale AFC.
There is an epic story about a guy who went into one of their shops and was going to buy a suit but it needed alterations.
"I need it for tomorrow"
" no worries, we can do that"
"I am going to be in another country I need it for a presentation "
"We can still do that and if the suit doesn't arrive on time there will be no charge for it"
The customer will now never shop anywhere else having received his altered suit on time.

Compare and contrast
"I would like a country ticket please"
"Tough, you missed the deadline. How about paying for a full season?"
"No thanks"

And some people are worried about the atmosphere!
https://shop.nordstrom.com/content/services?cm_sp=merch-_-corp_9244_oj010438-_-f

top post.
Country season tickets no longer available on 21:09 - Aug 12 with 4082 viewsnordenblue

Country season tickets no longer available on 20:55 - Aug 12 by since58

top post.

It is a perfect post,it's one that has become far too common sadly. It's like some tool at the club thinks how many hurdles can I get fans to jump through initially to come and watch the football, then add a couple more for bloody good measure.
Very similar to the church when I got married,the vicar as we walked through the door immediately informed us how expensive it is to maintain such a fine church then proceeded in making it as fooking difficult as possible to actually get married there in turn paying him a ridiculous amount, we had to "qualify" in order to get married there,staggering business "sense"
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 21:30]
Country season tickets no longer available on 21:19 - Aug 12 with 4056 viewsDaleiLama

Country season tickets no longer available on 19:12 - Aug 12 by RAFCBLUE

As well as the country season tickets mess don't forget mention making it ridiculously cost inefficient for anyone who is exiled and lives outside the borough.

Take the Southend (a) game in a few weeks.

The adult price is £22 in advance rising to £25 on the day.

Rochdale get a 5% cut of that advance ticket price so £1.10.

But on top of the £22 then they add an admin/postage fee for them to process it and then in some cases (if you order later in the week of the game) you have the risk of having to pick up at an away ground where they have never heard of you!

Failing the generosity of Dale fans you know who might be coming to the game and who will get you one, isn't it something the club should look at to encourage people to actually use the service?

Because if the Southend game ticket in advance plus admin fee costs me more than £25 then I'm better off paying on the day.

There are no admin fees this year RAFCBLUE. They were (wrongly in my view) still applied to STs, but I got three tickets for Tranmere, paid the advance price and collected them at the ground. Very quick phone call, 01706 number and very easy to be fair. I still think a ton of what the club does is tinpot, but they have improved this process and deserve recognition and credit for it. And their 5% cut!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:21 - Aug 12 with 4050 viewssince58

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:09 - Aug 12 by nordenblue

It is a perfect post,it's one that has become far too common sadly. It's like some tool at the club thinks how many hurdles can I get fans to jump through initially to come and watch the football, then add a couple more for bloody good measure.
Very similar to the church when I got married,the vicar as we walked through the door immediately informed us how expensive it is to maintain such a fine church then proceeded in making it as fooking difficult as possible to actually get married there in turn paying him a ridiculous amount, we had to "qualify" in order to get married there,staggering business "sense"

Reminds me of a certain church in Bamford many years ago.
Country season tickets no longer available on 21:24 - Aug 12 with 4034 viewsD_Alien

It'd be perfect if he'd used the proper English word: piss, instead of unfathomably naff pish

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:28 - Aug 12 with 4005 viewsDaleiLama

In the same way that "a Director was suppose to visit each stand" to listen to the PA, it would be good if they were to sit in seats with bird sh1t on them, queue for ages for a pie worth less than 35p, then pay 10x that for the privilege and be generally inconvenienced by a lot of the other hurdles put in front of fans of all types to see how it feels to be on the receiving end of "the Rochdale way" for a change.

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:31 - Aug 12 with 3991 viewsjudd

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:28 - Aug 12 by DaleiLama

In the same way that "a Director was suppose to visit each stand" to listen to the PA, it would be good if they were to sit in seats with bird sh1t on them, queue for ages for a pie worth less than 35p, then pay 10x that for the privilege and be generally inconvenienced by a lot of the other hurdles put in front of fans of all types to see how it feels to be on the receiving end of "the Rochdale way" for a change.

Well where else are birds meant to shit? It's not as if they're fookin toilet trained.

Destabilising gets. Just stump up and shut the fook up.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:35 - Aug 12 with 3975 viewssince58

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:24 - Aug 12 by D_Alien

It'd be perfect if he'd used the proper English word: piss, instead of unfathomably naff pish

Give him a break its just a wee mistake.
Country season tickets no longer available on 21:36 - Aug 12 with 3958 viewsjudd

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:35 - Aug 12 by since58

Give him a break its just a wee mistake.

Proper gent is 49th Season and for him to swear like that means he's proper got his mad up!

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:38 - Aug 12 with 3954 viewsDaleiLama

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:31 - Aug 12 by judd

Well where else are birds meant to shit? It's not as if they're fookin toilet trained.

Destabilising gets. Just stump up and shut the fook up.

Not sure about homing pigeons. Should they know which the away seats are? Question for the next fan's forum.

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:40 - Aug 12 with 3946 viewssince58

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:36 - Aug 12 by judd

Proper gent is 49th Season and for him to swear like that means he's proper got his mad up!

well pished off then.
Country season tickets no longer available on 21:42 - Aug 12 with 3931 viewsjudd

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:38 - Aug 12 by DaleiLama

Not sure about homing pigeons. Should they know which the away seats are? Question for the next fan's forum.

Homing pigeons in these parts are used to being shat on.

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:47 - Aug 12 with 3926 viewssince58

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:42 - Aug 12 by judd

Homing pigeons in these parts are used to being shat on.

or jobbied on.
Country season tickets no longer available on 22:13 - Aug 12 with 3885 viewsnordenblue

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:28 - Aug 12 by DaleiLama

That's just a few of the reasons I find it amazingly easy to miss most games when faced with a remotely decent alternative on a Sat afternoon.

The place needs a fooking rocket up it's arse, it's like the club thinks they're actually doing you a massive favour allowing you to watch the football, whilst nailing your hat firmly on for the "privilege"
Country season tickets no longer available on 22:21 - Aug 12 with 3853 viewsjudd

Country season tickets no longer available on 22:13 - Aug 12 by nordenblue

That's just a few of the reasons I find it amazingly easy to miss most games when faced with a remotely decent alternative on a Sat afternoon.

The place needs a fooking rocket up it's arse, it's like the club thinks they're actually doing you a massive favour allowing you to watch the football, whilst nailing your hat firmly on for the "privilege"

Well what the fook should we expect from the top with a CV like that?

Being an instigator (taken from OFT report) of an initiative that was deemed price fixing and worthy of multi million pounds fine.

Fook the customer?

Country season tickets no longer available on 22:38 - Aug 12 with 3820 viewsD_Alien

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:40 - Aug 12 by since58

well pished off then.

Swearing properly, not half-arsed, and being a gentleman are far from incompatible

It's a simple matter of rectitude

The word is piss: people should use it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Country season tickets no longer available on 22:46 - Aug 12 with 3781 viewssince58

Country season tickets no longer available on 22:38 - Aug 12 by D_Alien

Swearing properly, not half-arsed, and being a gentleman are far from incompatible

It's a simple matter of rectitude

The word is piss: people should use it

piss off.
Country season tickets no longer available on 23:05 - Aug 12 with 3746 viewsNorthYorksDale

Apologies, wasn’t meant to trigger a club bashing, was genuinely trying to understand what was the logical reasoning behind stopping it after a specified time.

To be honest I had no idea it was a limited window for that type of ticket so that is my fault as it clearly does say it on the season ticket page but I had no communication from the club to me. If I had a client that hadn’t renewed and I knew they were approaching a deadline for that option I’d at least send them a quick email or a letter to try and keep their business.

Of the 8 games I made last season it would have been a lot easier to miss some of them but having the ticket pushed me to get to them. That clearly won’t happen this year.
Country season tickets no longer available on 23:23 - Aug 12 with 3720 viewsRAFCBLUE

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:19 - Aug 12 by DaleiLama

There are no admin fees this year RAFCBLUE. They were (wrongly in my view) still applied to STs, but I got three tickets for Tranmere, paid the advance price and collected them at the ground. Very quick phone call, 01706 number and very easy to be fair. I still think a ton of what the club does is tinpot, but they have improved this process and deserve recognition and credit for it. And their 5% cut!

Any admin fees for Exiles in previous years that were disproportionate to the cost of activity were a ripoff and on ST'S still are.

The OP was about why the club wouldn't sell Country Tickets to exiles past the early bird deadline when it has done in every year I can remember since that type of ticket was introduced.

There isn't a decent answer they (the club) can give to that IMO, whilst selling a full season which if you're an exile is impractical in the first instance.

The irony that the current Chief Exec spent many years as an Exile - and has now overseen a policy which makes life harder for Exiles - is not lost.

Nordenblue's post later in this thread is spot on.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Country season tickets no longer available on 23:24 - Aug 12 with 3717 viewsRAFCBLUE

Country season tickets no longer available on 22:13 - Aug 12 by nordenblue

Top post.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024