Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You ever heard that phrase 23:40 - Jun 19 with 3803 viewsShakerbhoy

That people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

I'm hearing that the recent statement by directors with regards to NYA and Gergeden buying up "everyone's" shares in an attempt to become majority shareholder with talks alledgedly becoming somewhat hostile And according to my Dale Season Ticket holding mate he doesn't believe it's for the good of the club...

Many of the players who have left left because they were not willing to extend their contracts due to combined uncertainties of not knowing when they would be recieving full wages and being wary of what happened at Bury with regards to what direction the the club was heading in....

Possible uncertain times ahead?
You ever heard that phrase on 23:55 - Jun 19 with 3756 viewsMass_Debater

Try again.
You ever heard that phrase on 00:18 - Jun 20 with 3724 viewsShakerbhoy

You ever heard that phrase on 23:55 - Jun 19 by Mass_Debater

Try again.

Funny thing is...I'm not a actually trying to wind you up...it was a very genuine post.
You ever heard that phrase on 00:39 - Jun 20 with 3695 views442Dale

You ever heard that phrase on 00:18 - Jun 20 by Shakerbhoy

Funny thing is...I'm not a actually trying to wind you up...it was a very genuine post.

Quite.

And rest assured we are all over it and have questioned our club, our supporters trust and the new shareholders and insisted information is shared in public to illustrate they are all accountable to all fans. All that had happened within a week of the news breaking.

Now, imagine if such efforts had been made elsewhere.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

You ever heard that phrase on 03:06 - Jun 20 with 3632 viewsSandyman

I'll bite.

"Everyone's" in reality = 15% of shares in the club. 15% =100% is bury level mathematics. Well done, you've maintained the standard.
Rochdale AFC is solvent, Corona virus or not. A lot of money was earned recently from a couple of FA cup ties, two games of the run were televised. The competition bury was kicked out of last season. Again.
We earned a lot of money from a League cup tie at Man Utd. Another competition bury was kicked out of last season.
We made big money on players sales last season, and have more to come in October from a sell on clause. Don't think bury have.
We don't have a week to survive, nor are we desperately begging some young numpty with a mouthful of bull$**t to take our club over. We have not stated this is a "Revolution", or gone "WOW WOW WOW" because some shares have changed hands. These changes have been investigated, challenged and discussed publicly, not announced as a fait accompli at a fans forum. Rochdale AFC doesn't work like that.
We've not, nor ever will be sold on to an asset stripper for £1 in secret.
Contract uncertainty for players is rife all over the lower leagues, as fans of clubs in the lower leagues are more than aware. As that doesn't apply to bury, it's understandable you won't know that.

"That people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?" . True, they shouldn't, should they?

Next...
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 3:11]
You ever heard that phrase on 06:40 - Jun 20 with 3563 viewsnordenblue

Is that a local rugby club emblem in your profile, I dont recognise it as a being football one?
You ever heard that phrase on 06:54 - Jun 20 with 3545 viewsTalkingSutty

You ever heard that phrase on 03:06 - Jun 20 by Sandyman

I'll bite.

"Everyone's" in reality = 15% of shares in the club. 15% =100% is bury level mathematics. Well done, you've maintained the standard.
Rochdale AFC is solvent, Corona virus or not. A lot of money was earned recently from a couple of FA cup ties, two games of the run were televised. The competition bury was kicked out of last season. Again.
We earned a lot of money from a League cup tie at Man Utd. Another competition bury was kicked out of last season.
We made big money on players sales last season, and have more to come in October from a sell on clause. Don't think bury have.
We don't have a week to survive, nor are we desperately begging some young numpty with a mouthful of bull$**t to take our club over. We have not stated this is a "Revolution", or gone "WOW WOW WOW" because some shares have changed hands. These changes have been investigated, challenged and discussed publicly, not announced as a fait accompli at a fans forum. Rochdale AFC doesn't work like that.
We've not, nor ever will be sold on to an asset stripper for £1 in secret.
Contract uncertainty for players is rife all over the lower leagues, as fans of clubs in the lower leagues are more than aware. As that doesn't apply to bury, it's understandable you won't know that.

"That people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?" . True, they shouldn't, should they?

Next...
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 3:11]

Excellent post Sandyman, it ticks every box. We can’t read the minds of those running the Club but we can ask the difficult questions..and we do, it’s awkward at times but it has to be done. I’ve already admitted that I am suspicious and question the motives of some of those in the boardroom, starting at the top with the ghost Chairman. The fact we’ve not heard a dickie bird from him during the recent shares issue speaks volumes, he’s supposed to be the main man but can’t even be arsed commenting. Those running the Club purport to love it, if that’s the case then they will understand fans being cautious,even suspicious...that should be a constant state of mind of every supporter in the current climate and at every club.I admit I’m a bit paranoid with it all but it comes from a good place.

bury fans always knew best though, they swallowed everything that came out of the Club. Long serving and ‘trusted’ Neville Neville would never harm the Club would he? Forever bury, their very own supporters trust couldn’t see the wood for the trees, allowed themselves to be compromised by Stuart Day and his fellow Directors and became compliant in the demise of their own Club. All of them, including the overwhelming majority of bury fans would be found guilty in a court of law...guilty of trusting those running their Club and not holding them to account. Basically, they helped to kill their own club, they have to live with that!
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 7:37]
You ever heard that phrase on 06:55 - Jun 20 with 3542 viewsrkershaw

You ever heard that phrase on 06:40 - Jun 20 by nordenblue

Is that a local rugby club emblem in your profile, I dont recognise it as a being football one?

The definition / meaning of the the word 'bhoy'......1) a tough or thug 2)explanation of surprise /pleasure or longing......
Think we'll go with the latter eh??😉
You ever heard that phrase on 07:39 - Jun 20 with 3476 views1907

Most of the out of contract players have left the business to protect the future of the club. If Bury were live & kicking in this current climate, I’m sure you’d be swinging 4 year £6K a week wages around.
Login to get fewer ads

You ever heard that phrase on 08:07 - Jun 20 with 3421 viewsShakerbhoy

You ever heard that phrase on 06:54 - Jun 20 by TalkingSutty

Excellent post Sandyman, it ticks every box. We can’t read the minds of those running the Club but we can ask the difficult questions..and we do, it’s awkward at times but it has to be done. I’ve already admitted that I am suspicious and question the motives of some of those in the boardroom, starting at the top with the ghost Chairman. The fact we’ve not heard a dickie bird from him during the recent shares issue speaks volumes, he’s supposed to be the main man but can’t even be arsed commenting. Those running the Club purport to love it, if that’s the case then they will understand fans being cautious,even suspicious...that should be a constant state of mind of every supporter in the current climate and at every club.I admit I’m a bit paranoid with it all but it comes from a good place.

bury fans always knew best though, they swallowed everything that came out of the Club. Long serving and ‘trusted’ Neville Neville would never harm the Club would he? Forever bury, their very own supporters trust couldn’t see the wood for the trees, allowed themselves to be compromised by Stuart Day and his fellow Directors and became compliant in the demise of their own Club. All of them, including the overwhelming majority of bury fans would be found guilty in a court of law...guilty of trusting those running their Club and not holding them to account. Basically, they helped to kill their own club, they have to live with that!
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 7:37]

Do you not think we asked tricky questions?...We asked them time after time after time from the start of Stuart Days tenure all through to Steve Dales ...Fans did as much as they could despite doing then digging and revealing the horrible truth that the people running the club were in fact con men...

Rochdale are and always have been in a massively better position financially that Bury ever were certainly in the last 10 years...and much for to my envy run in a superb mannner...but don't for one minute think your club is immune from suffering a similar fate to Bury.

Some Rochdale fans absolutely revelled in Bury's demise...many didn't...

I wouldn't like to see Rochdale personally suffer the fate Bury have,you need to all remember what happened with our club when it comes to tackling possible future incidents with your own...

As a fan base until it happens ...you have no idea how powerless you can be
You ever heard that phrase on 08:56 - Jun 20 with 3336 viewsmacro

You ever heard that phrase on 00:18 - Jun 20 by Shakerbhoy

Regards to the payers who left the club the club had tried to keep Henderson and I assume Camps the rest were always departing

As for the takeover the new shareholders have a minority holding and little power
You ever heard that phrase on 09:09 - Jun 20 with 3316 viewsdawlishdale

You ever heard that phrase on 08:07 - Jun 20 by Shakerbhoy

Do you not think we asked tricky questions?...We asked them time after time after time from the start of Stuart Days tenure all through to Steve Dales ...Fans did as much as they could despite doing then digging and revealing the horrible truth that the people running the club were in fact con men...

Rochdale are and always have been in a massively better position financially that Bury ever were certainly in the last 10 years...and much for to my envy run in a superb mannner...but don't for one minute think your club is immune from suffering a similar fate to Bury.

I wouldn't like to see Rochdale personally suffer the fate Bury have,you need to all remember what happened with our club when it comes to tackling possible future incidents with your own...

It must have been tough for the very few who did ask, but the vast majority didn't. And I include Forever Bury. Dave Gifford et al must take much responsibility for asking for proxy votes from shareholders initially to oppose SD's original plans, only to change their minds and vote in favour of the takeover in return for a place on the Board (which was later found out to be a one year placement... you couldn't make it up!!!)

A classic case of blinded by the power of being close to the Board. Lessons learned, I'm sure, and that's why the Dale Trust must never become too close to anyone on our own Board. Thank goodness we have a reasonable number of supporters who are not afraid to ask searching questions.
You ever heard that phrase on 09:49 - Jun 20 with 3224 viewsTVOS1907

You do know what "People in glass houses..." means, don't you?

So at the time we over here were criticising you lot over there, can you explain which bit of it was wrong or hypocritical?

Can you also explain how, in all that time, it was known we would have the shares situation over here arising?

Or are you some sort of soothsayer?

If you're going to try to be clever, you might want to pick the right proverb and not want which depends on being able to see into the future.

As far as we are aware, only one player hasn't agreed a deal, but given he's played for us for seven years and scored 126 goals, we'll forgive him for wanting something else at the end of his career.

The others include a goalkeeper who hasn't played all season, a right-back who appeared six times as a sub, two of our highest earning players who had only 12 league starts between them and a young forward who ended the season on loan in non-league football.

So which of those did we offer contracts to that they refused to sign?

And finally... "Some Rochdale fans absolutely revelled in Bury's demise...many didn't..."

You've got 'some' and 'many' the wrong way around.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 9:51]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

You ever heard that phrase on 10:46 - Jun 20 with 3126 views442Dale

Please could you provide links to articles where tricky questions were asked of your club, your supporters trust and Day with their subsequent answers included.

Presumably these are in the public domain to illustrate that all involved knew their words and actions were being assessed by the most important people at any football club, its supporters.

A timeline of these events will help us understand how difficult it was and that everything was done to prevent what happened. By providing this, maybe we can learn lessons to possibly avoiding suffering the same fate, what with you not wanting that.

Ta!

You ever heard that phrase on 10:47 - Jun 20 with 3121 viewsTalkingSutty

You ever heard that phrase on 09:49 - Jun 20 by TVOS1907

You do know what "People in glass houses..." means, don't you?

So at the time we over here were criticising you lot over there, can you explain which bit of it was wrong or hypocritical?

Can you also explain how, in all that time, it was known we would have the shares situation over here arising?

Or are you some sort of soothsayer?

If you're going to try to be clever, you might want to pick the right proverb and not want which depends on being able to see into the future.

As far as we are aware, only one player hasn't agreed a deal, but given he's played for us for seven years and scored 126 goals, we'll forgive him for wanting something else at the end of his career.

The others include a goalkeeper who hasn't played all season, a right-back who appeared six times as a sub, two of our highest earning players who had only 12 league starts between them and a young forward who ended the season on loan in non-league football.

So which of those did we offer contracts to that they refused to sign?

And finally... "Some Rochdale fans absolutely revelled in Bury's demise...many didn't..."

You've got 'some' and 'many' the wrong way around.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 9:51]

Your last sentence is correct, thanks for clearing up the ambiguity!😀👍
You ever heard that phrase on 11:21 - Jun 20 with 3053 viewsJames1980

One set of fans obsessed with glories of the Edwardian era and delusions of grandeur

One will do what they can to ensure they always have a football club to support.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 11:30]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

You ever heard that phrase on 11:51 - Jun 20 with 2990 viewsShakerbhoy

You ever heard that phrase on 09:09 - Jun 20 by dawlishdale

It must have been tough for the very few who did ask, but the vast majority didn't. And I include Forever Bury. Dave Gifford et al must take much responsibility for asking for proxy votes from shareholders initially to oppose SD's original plans, only to change their minds and vote in favour of the takeover in return for a place on the Board (which was later found out to be a one year placement... you couldn't make it up!!!)

A classic case of blinded by the power of being close to the Board. Lessons learned, I'm sure, and that's why the Dale Trust must never become too close to anyone on our own Board. Thank goodness we have a reasonable number of supporters who are not afraid to ask searching questions.

Dave Giffard and Forever Bury ultimately shafted the club years ago when they handed the shares over we had to Stuart Day....our own supporters club ended up playing their part in our demise....

Lately Forever Bury has become a poison chalice with Giffard's name becoming dirt...he used membership money to seek legal advice to stave of an EGM that it's members asked for (he refused to give it) as members have list complete faith in the current board of FB and wanted it remodeling,this is because Giffard sees this as his baby and can't see the damage he has done...

As well as this they have sided and wanted to go into business with Robert Benwell...another con man in his own right...

Forever Bury in its current format is null and void...any support they once had has virtually disappeared...they no longer communicate with the fan base and when they do it's all yarns spun from Giffard's pipedreams....yet they still ask for membership renewals.......

Renewals that nobody has bothered with...it's sad to say that Dave Giffard has gone from well respected hero to zero.
You ever heard that phrase on 11:57 - Jun 20 with 2979 viewsD_Alien

You ever heard that phrase on 11:51 - Jun 20 by Shakerbhoy

Dave Giffard and Forever Bury ultimately shafted the club years ago when they handed the shares over we had to Stuart Day....our own supporters club ended up playing their part in our demise....

Lately Forever Bury has become a poison chalice with Giffard's name becoming dirt...he used membership money to seek legal advice to stave of an EGM that it's members asked for (he refused to give it) as members have list complete faith in the current board of FB and wanted it remodeling,this is because Giffard sees this as his baby and can't see the damage he has done...

As well as this they have sided and wanted to go into business with Robert Benwell...another con man in his own right...

Forever Bury in its current format is null and void...any support they once had has virtually disappeared...they no longer communicate with the fan base and when they do it's all yarns spun from Giffard's pipedreams....yet they still ask for membership renewals.......

Renewals that nobody has bothered with...it's sad to say that Dave Giffard has gone from well respected hero to zero.

Forget all that shit and just concentrate on getting a football club to support

What's a Shaker anyway? There's no existing club with that moniker

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

You ever heard that phrase on 11:59 - Jun 20 with 2970 viewsnordenblue

So there is a damn site more you lot could have done then?
You ever heard that phrase on 12:09 - Jun 20 with 2950 viewskel

bury fans really need to make their mind up about whether they care about Rochdale or not...
You ever heard that phrase on 12:33 - Jun 20 with 2906 views442Dale

Maybe you missed it! Again:

Please could you provide links to articles where tricky questions were asked of your club, your supporters trust and Day with their subsequent answers included.

Presumably these are in the public domain to illustrate that all involved knew their words and actions were being assessed by the most important people at any football club, its supporters.

A timeline of these events will help us understand how difficult it was and that everything was done to prevent what happened. By providing this, maybe we can learn lessons to possibly avoiding suffering the same fate, what with you not wanting that.

Ta!

You ever heard that phrase on 14:00 - Jun 20 with 2788 viewsTalkingSutty

You ever heard that phrase on 11:59 - Jun 20 by nordenblue

So there is a damn site more you lot could have done then?

Yes, they could have disbanded Forever bury because it wasn’t fit for purpose, or as a support base they could have made themselves members en masse and voted in an entirely new committee.
You ever heard that phrase on 22:57 - Jun 20 with 2501 viewsShakerbhoy

You ever heard that phrase on 14:00 - Jun 20 by TalkingSutty

Yes, they could have disbanded Forever bury because it wasn’t fit for purpose, or as a support base they could have made themselves members en masse and voted in an entirely new committee.

Fans have been trying to disband/Force EGM in order to elect a new board for ages...Dave Giffard used membership money to seek legal advice from a particular company another board members daughter worked for....(you couldnt make this shit up) to stave off the EGM..he also used that money to get two ex players (one being Stevie Dawson) onto the CVA
You ever heard that phrase on 23:06 - Jun 20 with 2487 views442Dale

You ever heard that phrase on 22:57 - Jun 20 by Shakerbhoy

Fans have been trying to disband/Force EGM in order to elect a new board for ages...Dave Giffard used membership money to seek legal advice from a particular company another board members daughter worked for....(you couldnt make this shit up) to stave off the EGM..he also used that money to get two ex players (one being Stevie Dawson) onto the CVA

Apologies, are those links available to a timeline of events?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024