Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A massive week ahead 17:55 - Feb 21 with 2425 viewsjonahwhereru

With games against Northampton and Burton this week is the most important of the season to date. The same is also true of Northampton who’s other game is against Swindon. The nerves will be jangling on Tuesday. Especially as we play 4 of the current top 6 in March.
So what are the implications for the next two games. My view on the potential points haul is:
6 = a real confidence booster going in to some difficult games, but by no means condemns others
4 = same a above but I would prefer a win against Northampton and a draw against Burton
3 = things are still way to tight, especially if the loss is to Burton
2 = short term it could be a holding result but will do nothing for the confidence for what follows
1 & 0 = desperation and I would not expect much in the next month, so bottom two March end.
This week doesn’t define the season as the teams around us are also in dreadful form. Swindon got out of gaol on Saturday, they didn’t play well.
I think we will get some unexpected points in March but a minimum of 4 points this week would just relieve some the pressure on for the month ahead.
Is the above realistic or am I being to optimistic?

A massive week ahead on 22:26 - Feb 21 with 2206 viewsFrites

Great to see some optimism - let’s hope we go for it, our opponents confidence is as fragile as ours - no fear!
A massive week ahead on 14:09 - Feb 22 with 1906 viewsNigeriamark

Spot on. On the last match thread I put 6 would be great but I would take 4. I think 2 or less would be a disaster with the next 5 games including Hull, Sunderland & Lincoln away and Peterborough at home ( the top 3 + 6th)
A massive week ahead on 19:47 - Feb 22 with 1755 viewsboromat

If we can build on Saturdays clean sheet why not! Obviously we're missing players and Lund + Beesley missing is massive but doesn't mean we can't find other solutions up top. Even if it's 2 scrappy one nils we will not care one bit!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

A massive week ahead on 21:09 - Feb 22 with 1629 viewsBrierls

If we don’t turn over Northampton I’ll be seriously worried. As opposed to worried! They are not just a poor side, but at side at the foot of the form table.

Burton will be a different proposition altogether. They’ve shown real improvement since Hasselbaink returned.

3 points will be a decent if unspectacular return. Anything more and it’s a bonus, anything less and we’re deeper in the shit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024