Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If new shares are issued will you buy any? 13:07 - Jun 2 with 5764 viewsJames1980

If new shares are issued will you buy any?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 13:18 - Jun 2 with 3053 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Good poll Jimbo.....100% vote for Yes, but I'm only the 2nd voter!
If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 13:19 - Jun 2 with 3052 viewsSalegraham

I wonder if the Trust can bring this forward to see if fans ( proper fans) can purchase these at a sensible price.
If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 15:09 - Jun 2 with 2924 viewsJames1980

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 13:19 - Jun 2 by Salegraham

I wonder if the Trust can bring this forward to see if fans ( proper fans) can purchase these at a sensible price.

How quickly could things get moving? For example could an EGM be called to release shares before the season tickets go on sale and a shareholder season ticket option become available?

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 15:14 - Jun 2 with 2906 viewselectricblue

Depends upon what we call an affordable and sensible price plus would they be only available in set amounts like 50, 100, 250.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 15:29 - Jun 2 with 2837 viewswatford_dale

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 15:09 - Jun 2 by James1980

How quickly could things get moving? For example could an EGM be called to release shares before the season tickets go on sale and a shareholder season ticket option become available?

Good idea, I know a few clubs in the past, when the plc was all the rage and you could buy a share and even have the paper version framed and sent to you.

A sure fire way to sell, is to identify the number of shares required to get rid of DB (from our posters very thorough review of the company articles and memorandum) and put that front and centre of the website with a totalizer and a purchase here button. Should shift a fair few with the way he has been going on.

To get the ball rolling I my even be tempted to give one share away with each season ticket purchase, 1 - 1.5k shares max.
If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 15:52 - Jun 2 with 2769 viewsRAFCBLUE

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 15:09 - Jun 2 by James1980

There would need to be 21 days notice given for an EGM but if you saw the last resolutions, the proposal is already there as 397,042 shares at £6 per share which would raise £2,382,252.

Existing shareholders would need to be given the right of first refusal but there are some I suspect that would not top up their holdings at £6 per share which would leave some left over.

The way to do it would be a rights issue followed by an open offer:
(a) Existing shareholders get the chance to buy 1 new share at £6 for every 1.267 shares held
(b) Interested parties, including existing shareholders, are able to then put in for the open offer for any remaining shares again at £6 per share. Here the shares not taken up in (a) of the 397,042 would be shared equally amongst those who have made an open offer.

It could be completed by August 2021 and would have the two positives of strengthening the cash reserves as a time of softness and possibly broaden the shareholding to new shareholders who have never participated in prior offers.

As a worked example, the Dale Trust owns 12,625 existing shares so would be able to buy up to 9,964 shares at a cost of £59,784 with no obligation on a minimum number.

Any they didn't buy would be released into the open offer pool for other shareholders.

It's not that difficult to do and puts the ownership in the hands of existing shareholders first followed by anyone else interested, but the number available would not be able to give any new party control whilst at the same time raising a good amount of funds for the club.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 16:14 - Jun 2 with 2713 viewsncfc_chalky

If there was any shares left after Daley's had bought theirs I could be persuaded to buy some or ideally help a regular poster on here buy some 50/50 if they didn't have the finances to buy a block of 100 (if that's what they was sold in)..... I would expect everybody to refer to me as Mr Chalky afterwards though

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 16:16 - Jun 2 with 2712 viewsJames1980

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 15:52 - Jun 2 by RAFCBLUE

There would need to be 21 days notice given for an EGM but if you saw the last resolutions, the proposal is already there as 397,042 shares at £6 per share which would raise £2,382,252.

Existing shareholders would need to be given the right of first refusal but there are some I suspect that would not top up their holdings at £6 per share which would leave some left over.

(a) Existing shareholders get the chance to buy 1 new share at £6 for every 1.267 shares held
(b) Interested parties, including existing shareholders, are able to then put in for the open offer for any remaining shares again at £6 per share. Here the shares not taken up in (a) of the 397,042 would be shared equally amongst those who have made an open offer.

It could be completed by August 2021 and would have the two positives of strengthening the cash reserves as a time of softness and possibly broaden the shareholding to new shareholders who have never participated in prior offers.

As a worked example, the Dale Trust owns 12,625 existing shares so would be able to buy up to 9,964 shares at a cost of £59,784 with no obligation on a minimum number.

Any they didn't buy would be released into the open offer pool for other shareholders.

It's not that difficult to do and puts the ownership in the hands of existing shareholders first followed by anyone else interested, but the number available would not be able to give any new party control whilst at the same time raising a good amount of funds for the club.

Thank you for the explanation. Would have been good if was this given as an option to vote on last night.

I started typing I wonder why was this never given as an option to vote on last night. Hence the strange use of the word never pre edit
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 16:35]

Login to get fewer ads

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 16:26 - Jun 2 with 2676 viewsSalegraham

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 15:52 - Jun 2 by RAFCBLUE

How come the £6 is quoted when others bought at £2 ?
Surely they could offer at the lower end, like the guy said last night it's not Man I !!
If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 16:46 - Jun 2 with 2614 viewsJames1980

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 16:26 - Jun 2 by Salegraham

Surely they could offer at the lower end, like the guy said last night it's not Man I !!

When were the £2 shares issued?

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 17:06 - Jun 2 with 2560 viewsblackdogblue

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 16:14 - Jun 2 by ncfc_chalky

If there was any shares left after Daley's had bought theirs I could be persuaded to buy some or ideally help a regular poster on here buy some 50/50 if they didn't have the finances to buy a block of 100 (if that's what they was sold in)..... I would expect everybody to refer to me as Mr Chalky afterwards though

Will combine 2 posts in one.. imho allowing someone to buy 1 or 10 shares is a bad idea, it dilutes votes and is counter productive on agendas like last night when they have a token & don’t understand the implications .....

Secondly you could be Lord Chalky & can still fook off 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 17:06 - Jun 2 with 2561 viewsRAFCBLUE

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 16:26 - Jun 2 by Salegraham

The £6 per share was the level the Board had pitched their motions at last night.

You are right that the value of the share can be any number but there is no need for it to be to be £2 (the last time shares were issued on a mass basis).

Given the small number of shares that can be issued compared to those in existence you'd expect a premium to £2 per share, particularly as the club needs the funds. £2 a share would only raise £794,084; about 1/3rd of the playing wage bill.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 17:09 - Jun 2 with 2542 viewsJames1980

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 17:06 - Jun 2 by blackdogblue

Will combine 2 posts in one.. imho allowing someone to buy 1 or 10 shares is a bad idea, it dilutes votes and is counter productive on agendas like last night when they have a token & don’t understand the implications .....

What do you think would be a sensible minimum?

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 17:32 - Jun 2 with 2512 viewsblackdogblue

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 17:43 - Jun 2 with 2470 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sir Chalky or Lord Chalky or even His Chalkness?

(Sorry didn't see Blackdog's similar reference)
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 17:45]
If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 17:44 - Jun 2 with 2460 viewsSalegraham

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 17:06 - Jun 2 by RAFCBLUE

The £6 per share was the level the Board had pitched their motions at last night.

You are right that the value of the share can be any number but there is no need for it to be to be £2 (the last time shares were issued on a mass basis).

Given the small number of shares that can be issued compared to those in existence you'd expect a premium to £2 per share, particularly as the club needs the funds. £2 a share would only raise £794,084; about 1/3rd of the playing wage bill.

Thanks for your quick response and also for keeping us all informed on the murky goings on.
If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 18:00 - Jun 2 with 2417 viewsncfc_chalky

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 17:43 - Jun 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

Sir Chalky or Lord Chalky or even His Chalkness?

(Sorry didn't see Blackdog's similar reference)
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 17:45]

I'm not a big headed person so Mr Chalky will be fine and a tug on the flat cap as a sign of respect obv

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 18:41 - Jun 2 with 2344 views1907

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 18:00 - Jun 2 by ncfc_chalky

I'm not a big headed person so Mr Chalky will be fine and a tug on the flat cap as a sign of respect obv

Don’t think this is something the club would remotely entertain as it makes it more difficult for an investor to have a large say.

Agree with the above about the more small shareholders the more diluted the share holding which also isn’t ideal.

Personally I would prefer the trust to just purchase as many shares as possible, have a place on the board & be accountable to the trust members.
If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 18:57 - Jun 2 with 2300 viewsncfc_chalky

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 18:41 - Jun 2 by 1907

Don’t think this is something the club would remotely entertain as it makes it more difficult for an investor to have a large say.

Agree with the above about the more small shareholders the more diluted the share holding which also isn’t ideal.

Personally I would prefer the trust to just purchase as many shares as possible, have a place on the board & be accountable to the trust members.

Erm ok, I'm willing to drop the tug on the flat cap if it helps the cause

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 19:19 - Jun 2 with 2242 viewselectricblue

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 17:09 - Jun 2 by James1980

Asking for £6pr share is outrageous.

A reasonable amount imo is £2.
Ok it wont reach the amount of funding the club requires but £6 pr is pure greed it is something Agent Bottomley would be rubbing his greedy mits over like old man Steptoe..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 19:27 - Jun 2 with 2231 viewsJames1980

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 19:19 - Jun 2 by electricblue

Ok it wont reach the amount of funding the club requires but £6 pr is pure greed it is something Agent Bottomley would be rubbing his greedy mits over like old man Steptoe..

Sorry I meant minimum holding. When were the shares issued at £2?

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 19:30 - Jun 2 with 2214 viewsblackdogblue

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 17:09 - Jun 2 by James1980

To be honest I would say a grand, shows commitment to new shareholders but not for existing & long holding ones who have already pledged years ago & would take this opportunity to increase

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 19:31 - Jun 2 with 2210 viewsJames1980

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 19:30 - Jun 2 by blackdogblue

To be honest I would say a grand, shows commitment to new shareholders but not for existing & long holding ones who have already pledged years ago & would take this opportunity to increase

Thousand shares or £1000?

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 19:32 - Jun 2 with 2206 viewsncfc_chalky

Who would set the price for the shares,could somebody inflate the price to ensure that non would be taken up either for financial reasons or spite?

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 19:36 - Jun 2 with 2192 viewsRAFCBLUE

If new shares are issued will you buy any? on 19:19 - Jun 2 by electricblue

It is a dilemma for the club Board to ponder, I will give you that.

The higher the price, the more they will raise and shore up the balance sheet at a time of need. At the same time a high price will put off some fan investors who think it is outrageous. I've some empathy on that point as wherever they pitch it, they can't win.

One thing it does do by pricing it at a decent level it to make existing holders contribute more into the club to maintain their holding percentage and by doing that it therefore levels the playing field of shareholdings in percentage terms so the big 9 shareholders have a choice:

(a) to stump up some more cash (to maintain their % ; good for the club as this is new money) or
(b) choose not to subscribe (their % reduces; good for the club as this balances up shareholdings so rather than having 9 big shareholders it would increase that number).

The good things about the rights issue is that in the first instance it is limited to existing shareholders so there is no risk of "new money" coming in and taking control, something that was a big concern 24 hours ago.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024