Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill and Dunphy 18:24 - Jan 21 with 1237 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

The circumstances in which he left the club...I'd be staggered if Dunphy took Hill on again.

Flitcroft was the best part about that parntnership anyway....if he's not around, Hill would be hopeless.
Hill and Dunphy on 18:30 - Jan 21 with 1156 viewsD_Alien

Maybe there's been some bridge-building since Hill's departure from Barnsley?

I don't think we should get too carried away until we know who's coming in for sure, but to suggest Hill would be hopeless is just as crazy as to assume we'll be in the championship in two years time!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill and Dunphy on 18:32 - Jan 21 with 1129 viewsG_Dale

Disagree he was hopeless. Maybe flitcroft was behind some of the success, but hill was still a great manager. Yes he left not in the best way, but you've gotta look after number 1(not Lillis) and Barnsley was a step up and for more money. In the real world who wouldn't want more money and a step up.

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Hill and Dunphy on 18:37 - Jan 21 with 1073 viewsNotEyreClue

I like the OP's thinking.

Keith Hill once walked from Bolton to Rochdale in just a loincloth and Jesus sandals.

Oh look, I can make unsubstantiated claims as well..
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Hill and Dunphy on 18:41 - Jan 21 with 1016 viewsMoonyDale

Hill and Dunphy on 18:37 - Jan 21 by NotEyreClue

I like the OP's thinking.

Keith Hill once walked from Bolton to Rochdale in just a loincloth and Jesus sandals.

Oh look, I can make unsubstantiated claims as well..
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

And he carried a Wombat under his arm....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hill and Dunphy on 18:41 - Jan 21 with 1017 viewsTTNYear

Tbf I've heard similar quotes... Whether they have patched up their differences remains to be seen... Assuming there were differences in the first place

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Hill and Dunphy on 18:45 - Jan 21 with 967 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Hill and Dunphy on 18:41 - Jan 21 by TTNYear

Tbf I've heard similar quotes... Whether they have patched up their differences remains to be seen... Assuming there were differences in the first place

Largely around the circumstances of Flicker's departure from Dale.
Hill and Dunphy on 18:49 - Jan 21 with 937 viewsTTNYear

Hill and Dunphy on 18:45 - Jan 21 by Albert_Whitehurst

Largely around the circumstances of Flicker's departure from Dale.

'Whilst I'm chairman of this football club, hill will not manage us again' was the statement I have been told... It could be utter bollox mind

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Hill and Dunphy on 18:50 - Jan 21 with 916 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Hill and Dunphy on 18:49 - Jan 21 by TTNYear

'Whilst I'm chairman of this football club, hill will not manage us again' was the statement I have been told... It could be utter bollox mind

Dunphy resigning as Chairman to become Manager..?
Login to get fewer ads

Hill and Dunphy on 18:51 - Jan 21 with 910 viewssweetcorn

I'm sure everyone has heard that quote, but i'm sure he didn't envisage his last two appointments going as wrong as they did.

It'd be hard to turn down the man who delivered such a good run for the club.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Hill and Dunphy on 18:52 - Jan 21 with 882 viewsTTNYear

Hill and Dunphy on 18:51 - Jan 21 by sweetcorn

I'm sure everyone has heard that quote, but i'm sure he didn't envisage his last two appointments going as wrong as they did.

I agree and if it was said (which I'm not 100%) then rather foolish as you're backed into a corner

Hill and Dunphy on 18:53 - Jan 21 with 877 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Hill and Dunphy on 18:51 - Jan 21 by sweetcorn

Hill 'doesn't do history'...so he told us.

Would that make a return improbable? Or was it simply a reflection of his GCSEs.....
Hill and Dunphy on 18:56 - Jan 21 with 837 viewsRAFCBLUE

And everyone calms down in the fullness of time.

18 months later, Hill is one of many out of work managers who may apply for our managers position.

Difference is to the rest, he's the only one who has a Rochdale promotion on his CV.

I can understand Dunphy's anger - you give two unproven guys their chance and off it goes - a Wembley final, a promotion, a 9th place finish in League 1.

The young unproven guys get ideas above their station, demanding money and resource from a club that hasn't got a pot to piss in but having their tummies tickled by richer South Yorkshire neighbours with two cars on the drive but nowt in't fridge.

I'd be upset to, but I'd look at that a being a victim of my own success. Time is a great healer, who knows what the next three days will hold!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Hill and Dunphy on 18:58 - Jan 21 with 820 viewsYouTubeDale

I can hear it now...in the tones of Rab C Nesbitt.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Hill and Dunphy on 19:04 - Jan 21 with 767 viewsseasidedale

If all the talk of a return is true then differences must have been patched up, CD isnt going to appoint someone he doesnt get on with
Hill and Dunphy on 19:15 - Jan 21 with 707 viewsBlueDutch

I think Dunphy isn't so daft as to let personal feelings cloud his judgement, even if he and Hill still don't see eye to eye (which I very much doubt). The directors not just Dunphy, decide who is manager and they all know who is the best possible candidate at present, no matter what their personal feelings about the man are.

upthedale.nl

Hill and Dunphy on 19:24 - Jan 21 with 655 viewstonythegob

I'm certain even though he may have thought it he would never say it in fact he wished hilly a the best I heard but that might be ballox too come to think of it not a lot was said other than we got a good deal
Hill and Dunphy on 20:14 - Jan 21 with 536 viewsTVOS1907

Hill and Dunphy on 18:58 - Jan 21 by YouTubeDale

I can hear it now...in the tones of Rab C Nesbitt.

I think he started the thread!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024